March 29, 2024, 01:35:48 AM

Author Topic: Explosion by KFC Independence Square today - no injuries  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Explosion by KFC Independence Square today - no injuries
« on: September 10, 2005, 12:41:31 PM »
Ah pardna jus tell mih that

Apparently it was a bomb in a dumpster in the back of KFC

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Explosion by KFC Independence Square today - no injuries
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 01:27:59 PM »
Ah read enough Robert Ludlum novel to wonder if dis is de scenario....

Create a climate of fear.

Kidnappings, bombs, murders, etc.

Den de populace cryin out fuh more security.  We need protection.

In steps de saviour who orders State of Emergency.  Suspension of civil liberties.  Martial Law (or whoever in charge) de order of de day.

Because what goin on home seem to me to be part of a serious orchestrated plan.

Leh we say de murders is mostly gang and drug related.

Leh we say de kidnappings is also mostly drug related.

How do you explain de bombings?

To me it seemin like deliberate destabilization goin on.  If dat is de case...to what end?  One thing is for sure.....the authorities seem to be powerless, complicit and/or unwilling to do anything about resolving the situation.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »
ah read somewhere that the bombs might be used as a way to distract police from other locations that have illegal things goin down at the same time.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »
Palos yuh head de nail on de head.

I am getting sick and tired that I am beginning to wonder what de f**k!

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 01:57:02 PM »
I in de office in POS and nutten on de radio... ah passin dey later to head home...update then.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 06:10:06 PM »
Palos yuh head de nail on de head.

I am getting sick and tired that I am beginning to wonder what de f**k!

Doh worry..ah starting ah immigration consulting business in anticipation of the wave of refugee claimants!
Dis will be huge so I may go public within a few months (will this be considered insider trading?) Look how easy I'll pay for my trip to germany next year.

I have to ask the fellas home.. how are the people reacting to all this garbage? Is the attitude different from town people to that of country people? I read recently where a few vehicles left the jamatt compound and real people get scared.... and military went on alert!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 07:37:33 PM »
This is a national disaster!

Fellas This is serious ting........It is weekend, with band launch and party like rain.and KFC close!
I walk pass there today.the cd men and vendors there as usual but the door close.....oh a bomb went orf!

KFC independence square does feed thousands..........myself included, after party.

It sets the record as the largest and most profitable KFC in the world.

Damn these terrorists......they have struck the Trinidadian stomach where it hurts!

KFC has sobered many a motorist on the long trek eastward after party. This is big cause for concern.

We must get to the bottom of this!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »
From the Express

SERIAL BOMBER
Police probe 'pattern' in PoS blasts
Gyasi Gonzales and Imran Ali

Sunday, September 11th 2005

Soldiers and police officers in front of the KFC outlet on Independence Square following yesterday's explosion. PhotoS: KENROY AMBRIS

Police believe they may have a serial bomber on their hands following a third explosion yesterday in downtown Port of Spain in as many months.

The blasts have come almost one month apart-July 11, August 10 and, now, September 10.

"We were looking at the pattern, and were expecting it (on Friday). This was why we kept our vigilance in the city, and this might be a reason why the perpetrator went into the security of a private building as opposed to (planting the bomb on) the street," Acting Police Commissioner Glen Roach said yesterday.

The two previous blasts occurred on Frederick and George Streets, respectively.

Roach spoke to reporters following an explosion at KFC's Independence Square outlet yesterday, which caused physical damage and which could result in a cleaner losing her hearing in one ear.

The explosion occurred around 12.10 p.m. and, like in the previous explosions, the device had been placed among rubbish. The device exploded when the cleaner, Susan Pierre, dumped a full garbage bag into a dumpster at the back of the KFC outlet.

Police believe the explosive device was in the garbage bag and note that, if it had detonated earlier, it could have caused more damage and injuries.

Pierre was seen covering her right ear after the blast and she was taken to the Port of Spain General Hospital. The dumpster, a water tank and a wall were damaged in the blast.

But the explosion did not send KFC workers running.

In fact, one employee said they remained in the building and it was only when the police arrived that they were ordered to evacuate.

"We did not run out. We sat around and waited until the police came and then they told us to evacuate the building," said the woman, who did not want to be identified.

Officers from the Inter-Agency Task Force, the Special Anti Crime Unit of Trinidad and Tobago, the Police's K9 Division, as well as detectives from the Port of Spain CID were on the scene and cordoned off the area,

By about 2.30 p.m. the barriers were removed. The KFC outlet reopened last night and had customers when the Sunday Express visited.

Speaking with reporters following the incident, Roach said the police had noticed a pattern with the explosions and admitted that they had been expecting such an incident on Friday.

That same day, however, Roach held a media conference to quash widely-circulating rumours that certain individuals were planning to undertake some criminal activity in the capital - rumours which sent many people into a panic.

Yesterday Roach again sought to allay public fears.

Flanked by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Oswyn Allard, and Port of Spain Mayor Murchison Brown, Roach said, "I want to assure the public that despite what has happened, we are still doing our best to keep on top of things. I am still saying that the city is going to be safe and the police are here."

But he pleaded with the public for assistance, stating, "If we are to pull Trinidad back together, we need the support of the public. I want them to report any kind of suspicious activity. Don't worry about processing it, just call and make the report and let us worry about processing the information."

"We are as eager as you are to bring back sanity to Trinidad and Tobago," he continued, adding: "We are working on certain theories which we believe that, with time, will bring the perpetrators to justice."

Crime Stoppers is offering up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the KFC blast. Their number is 800-TIPS

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 03:47:46 AM »
Wha happen to blimp in the sky ?
When a mad man  (or maybe not so mad) throw a grenade at bush when he was here, they check satelitte footage and track down the man in four days.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 08:27:22 AM »
check this officer comment:

"The damage was minimal and nobody was injured and we should be proud,” said acting commissioner of police Glen Roach.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news1.html

I think we were LUCKY... not Proud

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 07:19:15 PM »
fellas i ent want to sound like ah 'I told you so"...

sadly i feel another one coming on Sept. 9th..i just have a mathematical hunch bout that.  ;)

but the authorities shoulda been on top of that a lot sooner and effeciently..you woulda thought the blimp woulda been around POS..especially if they had now figured out is a serial bomber regardless of the reasons of his doing it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 07:22:15 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>