March 28, 2024, 12:35:42 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs USA...History has been written!  (Read 11632 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs USA...History has been written!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:45 AM »
Interesting how people view the game in so many different ways...

The crowd was really into it, I agree, good to see and experience.

Lawrence is now the rock of our defence. Shows how much we missed him in the 0-3 loss in the US. Thomas complimenting him decent too. Hislop did good as well, kudos to him.

Akeile Edwards reminds me of Seon Power from the last Gold Cup days. I sincerely hope he improves his game somehow, or he never starts for T&T again...Maybe the Digicel cup we can try with him, but not WCQ's. He was atrocious. I dont know if it was nerves, but he real pull stones. the only thing I find he did good was some of them long throws he put in, but I cant see a man getting selected on the merit of his throws in football. I now see why bermuda almost poison us, him and the rasta right back, Lord, I hope them days dont ever come back.

Silvio to me did not have that bad of a game as some of you guys suggest, below par yes, but he did far more better things than A Edwards. Maybe he just a bit rusty.

carlos did ok, I still feel he have something extra in him (goal scoring ability), but he working his way back..

Birchall - man of the match, engine of the team, biggest effort out there, nuff said. I see he starting to dribble men every now and then too, LOL

Yorke is still the boss, he controls the tempo of the game and everything goes thru him, like how Latas did 7 years ago. Me aint care what KND say, we keend Yorke if we are to make it to South Africa. Fack Keane and his "common" ahem I mean Sunderland sense in how much Yorke should be played for T&T. Dwight is now reversing his old curse of being a club baller and not a national player...

Daniel play decent, you could see the class in him, is like he overtaking Hyland now. Solid player and deadly at free kicks, although we didnt get any good ones last nite.

Scotland put in another decent shift, so to did Stern I guess in the limited time he got.

Latas - played in spurts, made a couple telling through balls and fancy, crowd pleasing dribbles, but just before he score i was shouting for him to get subbed too, but as usual, the magician prove us wrong yet again. I really thought he had run out of steam agasint the fast, hungry, shark-like american youths... He definitely has a role with this team if he can stay fit....

The worrying thing was we seem to have no cover for Cyd and Avery, that is worrying, especially as these men prone to cards and suspensions or injury, both due to their aggressive play...
We also look a lill flat too, the energy  and tempo was a bit low as well, but then again we struggle with teams that play like us (USA, Jamaica, England, Bermuda  ;D
We also need to work on fitness, again the USA shows us how to run off the ball consistently and open the game up,.. Simple things, but things that can only be done with supreme fitness. Imagine a team of Birchalls! Thats the intensity you see when Spain plays, energy in every single play of the game for 90 mins.
I also dont like the fact that Latas taking all the corners..Maybe because of his liability as a short man in the box, or lack of tracking back if he sits on the edge of the box and the team breaks on the counter...But corners are a drain on fitness. We have daniel, carlos and birchall who can also shre responsibilities and mix it up a bit.

Good job warriors in getting the job done. that is what matters.
I already looking forward to the Cuba game and perhaps the return of KJ!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
the tempo of the game suits our current team, especially with yorke and latas in it. them fellas cant play at break neck pace for the whole game. we for sure going to lose then. so i like the tempo of the game...keep possession, and work the ball into the attacking third.

man of d match definitely was birchall, followed by carlos and dennis. again, i have no clue why akile edwards playing football in world cup qualifiers. Palos, me and you had a discussion about this youth and once again he proving he not for this. i not sure what alyuh seeing in the pro league but he dont belong there.

spann looked bad defensively. was decent going forward when he did. scotty was shielding two sometimes three men at times. taking that into consideration he did his job. cant complain.

KND, i understand what u saying about the future and it is a valid point. however, currently we need these "old men" if we want to assist in the growth of the football. as a nation, we making world cup on a consistant basis can only benefit the younger generation coming up to aspire for something. right now they lookin at 2006 as a fluke thing. we have to show them that we belong there and thats the importance of a yorke and latas on the current team.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:16:18 AM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »
Agree trini supporter needs 2 play more b4 he c a look in
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The KND Match Report
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »
Hyland - put in a very good shift in the short time he was on the field, most notably the cross he put in for Carlos. Also showed some good body screening capacity.

But Touches said differently..according to Touches he said " I find he (Hyland) ent do nothing really"..So Midknight you see how people can be watching the same football game but yet have such different football perspectives....it does amaze me yes...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:12:46 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »
other TnT left backs that need to be around the team...Akeem adams..Glenton Wolfe..Nigel daniel ( yes he right footed...like Phillip Lahm)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »
daniel cant see a call-up along with other players who deserve to be there to strengthen the team, daddy corneal and his offspring have their favorites

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
well everyone spoke about the players, but i have to commend the crowd. FINALLY the crowd was actually supporting. After the USA goal the crowd started to clap the fellas, chant, anything to show the players that they were still behind them. That was impressive...also didnt get cuss by noone for the big flag so seems like pple finally gettin into it.

People got behind d team because we will always hate USA, doh matter how long pass since Nov 19. If it was Cuba we was playing yesterday, de crowd wudnt have been big like dat, or as vocal.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »
Ryan very goot pt
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The KND Match Report
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »
Spann, we should not have brought him back; obviously not playing at a high level, looked out of place.
We have a whole squad in training and we dont have a replacement man who could play right back come on man. Coach need to have better succession planning and put faith in the players who he working with.
Spann best bet is to leave wales and come back to W connection, whatever he doing over there is a waste of time.

dread the man put his faith in Akile Edwards and man want to kill him. people only interested in seeing familiar names out there. spann and edwards aint play their best game but spann will get back on track and will eventually free up edwards on de wing a little and the only way edwards and other promising youths will get better is by playing.

think of this - every match in the hex will be must win till we secure a spot. what happens when avery john & cyd pick up cards and if they pick up injuries? pacho succession planning is going on in front our eye and no one acknowledging it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »
It eh have nutten 2 do wit familiar face but competent face whaich A Edwards is not. Not every body here was doin cart wheels sayin welcome back Spann

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »
de brother not incompetent dread. what allyuh does be saying? de more he play he will grow in to his own. like any other player

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »
carlos and daniel played well,carlos was definitly outstandin last nite.it was real sweet that de goals scored were by the 2 leaders.

Yeah I watch the game and the first thing occur to me is that it seems that Carlos could only play when Yorke and Latas playing. That is teh effect them men does have on our players but Carlos shows no leadership in their absence when, based on his career and experience, he should.
I personally think he struggles when called upon to be a leader on the field.  He easily defers to Yorke and Latas when they're on, but in their absence his lack of confidence in his team mates is readily apparent, giving way to frustration and eruptions at his younger team mates.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
Like nobody notice #14 came on last nite orwa ???
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 03:41:19 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 03:48:05 PM »

:devil: :devil: :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »

and did well... showed his class...even at 50% match fitness and sharpness

And with KJ coming back I expect KJ and Stern partnership to be concacaf's most dangerous

The Master and the young grasshopper

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »

I treating it like a rash, if I ignore it, it will eventually go away.

Més que un club.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
I won't give up on Spann or Edwards yet.  We know that Spann is capable of playing better.  He did under Beenie.  I think that he just needs to get back into the mix and get some games under his belt.  As for Edwards he is young and he learning on the job.  We have no choice but to give these men some playing time because we going to need them sooner rather than later.  I was cussin when I see de startin lineup too.  I still waiting to hear what happen to Avery John.

Latapy looked his age last night.  Apart from the goal and a few excellent passes, I hate to say this but, Latapy tank just about empty.  Latapy will not be much of a factor on the field if we make the hex. 

Yorke showed fatigue from the Guatemala game but his experience took him through the game.  His positional sense and his passing ability is still top notch.

I would like to see Darryl Roberts play the same position that Latapy played for the last two games.  I can't understand why he is not given a chance to play.  But we will need him come next round.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 06:19:26 PM »
Thanks

Touches......you is real kicks eh
"The Tale of the Two Tecticles" (the hairy one and the smoother one)
oh gawd  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

..."Is either backwards or shit"... :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:29:14 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2008, 05:09:58 AM »
Hyland - put in a very good shift in the short time he was on the field, most notably the cross he put in for Carlos. Also showed some good body screening capacity.

But Touches said differently..according to Touches he said " I find he (Hyland) ent do nothing really"..So Midknight you see how people can be watching the same football game but yet have such different football perspectives....it does amaze me yes...

Well, lets just say I had the benefit of zoom in and slow motion replays, he had the benefit of seeing the whole field and placement and what not.

Certain things touches would notice, i won't and vica versa.

Where life funny is that a man coulda sit down watching the same feed as me, or right in the seat next to him, and neither of the two duos would agree on what they see...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »

He badly mistrapped a long ball that would've had him one on one with the keeper near the end.  That's all I remember from him

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2008, 07:11:31 AM »
carlos and daniel played well,carlos was definitly outstandin last nite.it was real sweet that de goals scored were by the 2 leaders.

Yeah I watch the game and the first thing occur to me is that it seems that Carlos could only play when Yorke and Latas playing. That is teh effect them men does have on our players but Carlos shows no leadership in their absence when, based on his career and experience, he should.
I personally think he struggles when called upon to be a leader on the field.  He easily defers to Yorke and Latas when they're on, but in their absence his lack of confidence in his team mates is readily apparent, giving way to frustration and eruptions at his younger team mates.

Interesting observation. I never thought about that. Carlos went through some bad injuries and loss of form recently and it's coincided with the semifinal round of WC quaifying and I always attributed his recent poor play to that. It's probably a combination of things including what you guys say.

Some of Carlos best football was in WC2006 and the following club season for Sunderland. Latas was conspicusous by his absence in those games, but Yorkie was there for many. And after his injury woes, Carlos still look a shadow of himself for Sunderland, even when Yorke was on the field. So you can't discount that the man just lacking form and confidence period. I think it hard to expect carlos, or any player to pull up a team when his own form is shite. He will take out his own frustrations on his teammates and they will have a hard time following a man who not backing up the talk with performances. it may just be the nature of his position as well. No coincidence that the skipper of a squad will more often than not be a centrally positioned player...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

Interesting observation. I never thought about that. Carlos went through some bad injuries and loss of form recently and it's coincided with the semifinal round of WC quaifying and I always attributed his recent poor play to that. It's probably a combination of things including what you guys say.

Some of Carlos best football was in WC2006 and the following club season for Sunderland. Latas was conspicusous by his absence in those games, but Yorkie was there for many. And after his injury woes, Carlos still look a shadow of himself for Sunderland, even when Yorke was on the field. So you can't discount that the man just lacking form and confidence period. I think it hard to expect carlos, or any player to pull up a team when his own form is shite. He will take out his own frustrations on his teammates and they will have a hard time following a man who not backing up the talk with performances. it may just be the nature of his position as well. No coincidence that the skipper of a squad will more often than not be a centrally positioned player...

Totally agree with the first part of your post... no disagreement on the second either, but I just wanted to clarify.  By no means am I trying to harsh on him... some men are just more natural leaders than others, and the best way to lead is by example.  In Carlos' case, if injury or lack of fitness/form prevents him from leading by example, another critical part of that leadership is the ability to inspire those you intend to lead. 

Without a doubt it's been a tough 20 odd months for him, but this is the best that I've seen him play since his Championship days.  I don't want to get too carried away (given the opponent), but he showed flashes of the talent that made him an EPL player in the first place.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »
Thanks Touches for the wrap up- I was able to see the game on CNMG - they started at half time to show the beginning- so 45 mins. behind the game...by that time I was home ;D

anyhoo, the game reinforced my opinion that we really were missing a good middle- leadership is and will be the key to this team taking on the opposition- good thing Yorke was available- I watched Yorke play and sat in amazement at how this man has grown- not in years but maturity- calm, in charge, marshalling his men. wonderful! AND he is fit!

I still don't understand why the coach (who shall remain nameless) insists on putting Scottie alone up front. We need a duo up front, or at least put a link ...I believe that's the position Latas was to play..yes?
anyway, taken as a whole, the game was good.

cheers :beermug:

we're ready for CUBA!! ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »

Totally agree with the first part of your post... no disagreement on the second either, but I just wanted to clarify.  By no means am I trying to harsh on him... some men are just more natural leaders than others, and the best way to lead is by example.  In Carlos' case, if injury or lack of fitness/form prevents him from leading by example, another critical part of that leadership is the ability to inspire those you intend to lead. 

Without a doubt it's been a tough 20 odd months for him, but this is the best that I've seen him play since his Championship days.  I don't want to get too carried away (given the opponent), but he showed flashes of the talent that made him an EPL player in the first place.

nah..i understand where yuh coming from. i actually think yuh have a good point. it is something i hadn't really thought about before during this mediocre spell of his

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

Yorke & Latapy have both been entrusted with the captaincy- [is that a word?] of our senior team (in fact I still do a double take when I see Latapy in the nat'l kit without a captain's arm band), and both have been in grey beard positions for their respective clubs, so apart from possibly being natural leaders, I think they've had it groomed.  In a twisted sort of way, it's a pity that Yorke is still around because I think someone like Carlos could be expected to captain our team in his old age (which is coming up in a few years)- now would have been the perfect time for him to hone in on those leadership qualities that we look for in him.....those qualities that he appears to lack on occasion.

I could also see Chris Birchall stepping up and being a leader in the future- his attitude on the field resonates "lead by example".  I wonder how the general public would react to Birchy being our skipper in years to come.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »

Yorke & Latapy have both been entrusted with the captaincy- [is that a word?] of our senior team (in fact I still do a double take when I see Latapy in the nat'l kit without a captain's arm band), and both have been in grey beard positions for their respective clubs, so apart from possibly being natural leaders, I think they've had it groomed.  In a twisted sort of way, it's a pity that Yorke is still around because I think someone like Carlos could be expected to captain our team in his old age (which is coming up in a few years)- now would have been the perfect time for him to hone in on those leadership qualities that we look for in him.....those qualities that he appears to lack on occasion.

I could also see Chris Birchall stepping up and being a leader in the future- his attitude on the field resonates "lead by example".  I wonder how the general public would react to Birchy being our skipper in years to come.

Was discussing this w/meh pardner after de US game, he's of the opinion that one like Chris ought to skip the team in time to come.  I agree w/Carlos stepping into that role as well, as he comes back into his own we can get a better idea if this would truly suit him....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
Carlos is not a leader.

Birchy have de ability to be one.

Some born with it.  Some grow into it.  Some just don't have it.

Yuh could imagine if Birchy were to be named T&T captain?

Alvin Corneal might renounce he citizenry.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »
Carlos is not a leader.

I would have said the same of Yorke up until he quit the national team in 2001. He was about Carlos age then, i think.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2008, 02:43:42 PM »
Carlos is not a leader.

I would have said the same of Yorke up until he quit the national team in 2001. He was about Carlos age then, i think.

Yeah I not ready to sign off on de "Carlos is not a leader" bit just yet.  Much of leadership comes with experience... especially for those to whom it doesn't come quite naturally.  I honestly don't know on which end of the spectrum Carlos lies, I don't know him or enough about him that well to speak.  I do believe that like Birchy he has the potential to lead by his example.  I don't think anyone could ever accuse de man (Carlos) of never playing hard.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »
Palos yuh confirm dat is what he go do because I goin and tell Dwighty hand him d arband

1]; } ?>