Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 470581 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica Football Thread.
« Reply #2760 on: August 27, 2011, 05:09:01 AM »
Motherwell embrace Daley - Reggaeboy Midfielder signs two-year contract with SPL club

BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pacy Reggae Boy midfielder Omar Daley has joined Scottish Premier League (SPL) campaigner Motherwell FC on a two-year deal.

Daley, 30, wrapped up the deal with the Steelmen earlier this week, almost two months after his contract with English League Two outfit Bradford City ran its course.

DALEY... I have signed the dotted line
 1/1 

"It's just a blessing to be be playing again," Daley told the Observer from Motherwell, the North Lanarkshire town yesterday.

Except for his work permit, Daley, the former Glenmuir High School player, said all other areas of business related to the deal have been settled, including a medal examination he successfully did yesterday.

"I have signed the dotted line... and I think I have to return to Jamaica to get my work permit stamped in my passport for me to return, I am 95 per cent sure of successfully getting it, though anything can happen," said the former Portmore United speed demon.

If successful, Daley could make his debut away to Scottish football's powerhouse Celtic in a couple weeks time, in what his expected to be a sell-out Celtic Park crowd of 60,000 people.

After five games, Motherwell are second in the SPL points table with ten points, the same as leaders and many-time champions Ranngers, who have played a game less. Motherwell have won three, drew one and lost one.s

Daley, who had stints in England with Reading, Preston North End and Bradford's fiercest rivals Rotherham, follows two other Jamaican playing top flight football in Scotland. Current Reggae Boyz player Ricardo Fuller did a spell at Hearts, while Jamaica's senior national coach Theodore strutted his stuff for Livingston.

"At Bradford I played in League Two, so this is definitely a better league because Motherwell have big clubs like Rangers and Celtic to contend with," he noted.

Daley, also known as 'Ratty', believes that the Scottish Premier League is not far behind the English Premier League in quality. "I don't think its a big difference as England and Scotland are close, so its the same style of living... same rules, but I think it's a good league and not much different from the English Premier League," noted the Jamaiaca, who has been capped 65 times for Jamaica's senior team since making his debut back in 2000.

Daley, whose promising career was once threatened by cruciate ligament knee injury at Bradford City against Darlington in 2007, says his move to Fir Park Stadium was facilitated in part by friend Nicky Law, a player on Motherwell's roster.

"He (Law) knew I was out of a job and went and had a chat with Stuart McCall, and that's how everything started to fall in place. I know that the gaffer (McCall)

has a lot of confidence in me... it's good to work with him again as he knows what I can do," Daley told the Observer.

The one-time League Two Team of the Season selectee, said McCall, a former Scottish international, was "impressed with me" in two practice matches.

"I have played in two squad games and the gaffer said I looked sharp as when I first signed for Bradford," Daley beamed.

The midfielder, who was a member of Jamaica's Under-20 team to that age-group FIFA World Cup back inn 2001, said at the mellowing age of 30 is yet to attain his playing best, but was quick to say he has matured in a variety of ways.

"I wouldn't say that I am at my best cause I am still learning, but what I would say is that I am more experienced, matured, hungry and more determined," he explained.

The Clarendon native said he was grateful to the JFF and coach Theodore Whitmore for

giving the opportunity to revive his flagging international career, which provided the lift he needed as he sought a new club.

Daley last represented Jamaica in a friendly match against China in that country some two weeks ago.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:12:46 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 27, 2011, 05:46:15 AM »
Falcao and Rodallega spearhead Colombia squad against JAmaica
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP)—Atletico Madrid’s new signing Radamel Falcao and Hugo Rodallega of English Premier League club Wigan Athletic are in Colombia’s squad for friendlies against Honduras and Jamaica.

The 18-man squad will be managed by interim coach Leonel Alvarez as the Colombian Football Federation continues its search for a replacement for former coach Hernan Dario Gomez.

Gomez resigned this month after reports he attacked a woman in a Bogota bar.

Argentine coach Gerardo Martino, who stepped down as Paraguay coach after July’s Copa America, turned down an offer to succeed Gomez on Thursday.

Colombia plays Honduras on Sept. 3 in New Jersey and Jamaica three days later in Fort Lauderdale in warmup matches for World Cup qualifying starting in October.

Colombia:

Goalkeepers: David Ospina (Nice), Luis Martinez (Once Caldas).

Defenders: Mario Alberto Yepes (AC Milan), Luis Amaranto Perea (Atletico Madrid), Cristian Zapata (Villarreal), Pablo Armero (Udinese), Camilo Zuniga (Napoli).

Midfielders: Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (Lecce), Christian Marrugo (Deportes Tolima), Freddy Guarin (Porto), Carlos Sanchez (Valenciennes), Gustavo Bolivar (Deportes Tolima).

Forwards: Hugo Rodallega (Wigan), Adrian Ramos (Hertha Berlin), Teofilo Gutierrez (Racing, Argentina), Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid), Jackson Martinez (Jaguares), Dayro Moreno (Tijuana).

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: August 27, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
To Reggaefan, Jahkingdom and other Jamaican ites on this forum,
This concerns the thread and poll question: "Who boasts the strongest team in the Caribbean?"

I don't know how many of the Jamaican ites responded to the poll, but I did not. For obvious reasons.
Now one of the responses from a Trini was Jamaica is the Caribbean #1 by default because of T&T's football is in a slump. Which is crap since T&T could not beat Jamaica when we were in a slump at #116 and they were #88 the same period. However, the same Trini said that he would like to have seen Jamaica played T&T when Beenie was their coach, because T&T had a squad at the time which could have beaten all the Caribbean teams.  ???
But ever since Beenie left the job, T&T have not exactly shown the legacy that he left behind by dominating the smaller Caribbean nations, even when they had another Dutch coach Wim Rijsbergen and Colombian coach Francisco Maturana under whom which Grenada beat and drew with Jamaica in the 2008 Digicel Cup knocking T&T out of 2009 Gold Cup contention.
So the question is: now T&T have a German coach http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Pfister . Should Captain Burrell line up another friendly to settle this "dumb" default issue or wait until next year's seroius Digicel Cup Championship where they will still have their strongest squad possible.

Me! I prefer the latter. ;D       
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:22:56 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: August 28, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »
hahahah no lie i start laughing when i read some ah these jamaicans comments. Lol..'i guess that what happens when youre in the top 40"

arite nah...take ya top forty and smoke it...well ya'll play india, but we playing china, and ecuador, and colombia...

OK...good for you guys, quality opponents, and good experience, but you all carrying on like some REL LIL PICKNIES....bumping gum...jamaica have an inferiority complex in regars to Trini football it would seem like...

ohhhh...good luck hope you guys atleast make it to the hex :-\     :beermug:

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: August 29, 2011, 02:53:52 AM »
hahahah no lie i start laughing when i read some ah these jamaicans comments. Lol..'i guess that what happens when youre in the top 40"

arite nah...take ya top forty and smoke it...well ya'll play india, but we playing china, and ecuador, and colombia...

OK...good for you guys, quality opponents, and good experience, but you all carrying on like some REL LIL PICKNIES....bumping gum...jamaica have an inferiority complex in regars to Trini football it would seem like...

ohhhh...good luck hope you guys atleast make it to the hex :-\     :beermug:

Yes Trini Stallion, hope Jamaica makes it to the Hex, I am sure you are hoping your team makes it to the Hex too!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: August 29, 2011, 07:27:31 AM »
thats the attitude ;)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: August 29, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »
The only reason I want T&T in the HEX is for poll purposes. Nothing else. ;D
jjbrown

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: August 29, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »

yea thats the only reason i want JA there tooo...cuz even tho we not a top 40 team, and we havent been in a while we always seems to be in the hex,...Seems kinda ironic...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: August 30, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »

yea thats the only reason i want JA there tooo...cuz even tho we not a top 40 team, and we havent been in a while we always seems to be in the hex,...Seems kinda ironic...

Maybe your next goals should be avoiding a last place finish next hex. And talking about ironies, its ironic that you have been making the hex with ease but cant finish top 4 in Caribbean...in order to get to the gold cup.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: August 30, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »

Maybe your next goals should be avoiding a last place finish next hex. And talking about ironies, its ironic that you have been making the hex with ease but cant finish top 4 in Caribbean...in order to get to the gold cup.
Also it's ironic that he wants T&T to be a top 40 team. Yet in two straight HEX T&T cannot go to a second World Cup before Jamaica. What's that about. ??? ;D 
jjbrown

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: August 30, 2011, 01:45:58 PM »
lol....nobody talking abouts goals...but since that was brought up...a last place finish in the hex as a post to atleast making it to the hex...

and whats this about making it to the WC before JA...thats sounds kinda childish...well you cant get there if we dont...worry about getting to the Hex first nah pal...much less making it to the WC...furthermore..even getting a point when/ IF u guys get there..

and my point was..in regards to being a top 40 team... ya'll clould hold on to that as tight as possible..milk it ofr everything, cuz thats all you all have....THATS IT...everyone knows that FIFA ranking is jacked up...but hey whatever makes you sleep at night with that... :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2771 on: August 30, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
J'aca seems to have three foci.

(i) going up in the rankings.
(ii) Being the best in the Caribbean.
(iii) Watching the Hex on TV.

They must really like TV.  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: August 30, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
Daley gets two-year deal
Published: Tuesday | August 30, 2011 0 Comments

Jermaine Lannaman, Gleaner Writer

Reggae Boy Keammar Daley should now be settling in England, after leaving the country yesterday to take up a two-year contract with English League One club Preston North End.

Midfielder Daley, who was one of the stars for Jamaica during this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States, earlier this month impressed the club's coaching staff and its fans during a two-week trial stint.

His agents and Jim McKluskie, chief scout of Preston, then reportedly met to iron out a deal, details of which were agreed recently.

"We are very happy that he has got a break," said Edward Seaga, president of his local club, Tivoli Gardens.

"He went to trials and after scoring and assisting with goals the coaching staff was impressed. From there it was just a matter of us sitting down and working an arrangement," he added.

The 23-year-old Daley, commonly referred to as one of the country's best young playmakers, will now undergo a work permit assessment with the British Home Office, which Seaga says should be seamless.

Status requirements.

According to Seaga, Daley meets the quota of international matches required for a player, as well as the country meets the Home Office's world-ranking status requirements.

"The club has been taking care of that as it relates to work permit and by all accounts everything seems to be going smoothly," said Seaga.

Added Seaga: "We just now hope that this is the start of more good things to come, as we still have Navion Boyd here, who recently went on trial in Finland, and a couple of other talented players.

"Boyd during his trial stint scored two goals and won the matches that he played. However, it appears as if the coaches did not like his taking the ball and running at players approach. They seem to be looking for a player to play the traditional short or long ball game.

"So he is here and along with a few others we will be working on them with the aim of getting them transferred during the January transfer window."

Daley, who has been a stand-out at various national age group levels, could get his first taste of English League One competition as early as next week Friday, when Preston host Yeovil Town at Deepdale.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110830/sports/sports9.html
Hard work is the key to success

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: August 30, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »

VB

Bohw...but don't forget...ATLEASTTTT they ah top 40..even watching de hex on TV... :rotfl:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: August 30, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »

VB
and what is T&T's focus?? You are about 5thin the Caribbean, ranked around 100 by FIFA and last time I checked you were not in the hex (no team has qualified yet) or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:13:01 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: August 30, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
Im guessing that even though you bussing up yuh mouth about Ja is all that and ah bag ah chips...fact of the matter is that ya'll still cant even get to the past hexs' consecutively, but instead choosing to relish in a tiop 40 position, where as yea we might be ranked at 88...but still have been consistent at making it to the hex in the past...  :beermug:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:42 AM »
Im guessing that even though you bussing up yuh mouth about Ja is all that and ah bag ah chips...fact of the matter is that ya'll still cant even get to the past hexs' consecutively, but instead choosing to relish in a tiop 40 position, where as yea we might be ranked at 88...but still have been consistent at making it to the hex in the past...  :beermug:

Dude, why do you keep harping on Jamaica's FIFA ranking so much? Like you said the FIFA rankings is jacked up, if you want a better picture of world football ranking then go take a look at the original ELO ranking system (dont have the link right now, google it)

Jamaica's football is doing well within constraints, and I guess by your stanards T&T football is doing well also (consistent appearances in the HEX according to you, beating india 3-0 etc). Jamaica has sent two players to Europe in the past 2 weeks alone (one to SPL, the other to Preston in League 1), what have youur players been up to in recent time?

You have a game coming up this weekend vs Bermuda, while Jamaica has back to back games in the next week vs Columbia and Ecuador. 

At least we both have some football to look forward to, rankings mean shit on the field of play, so dont wporry too much about your 100 fifa ranking or Jamaica's 40 Fifa ranking.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:33:18 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 31, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
All you Reggaeboyz please promise us one thing!

If by some miracle T&T makes the Hex for another serious chance at World Cup qualification and Jamaica doesn't that you guys don't come back on this forum with any lame excuses for Jamaica?!

After that you either come here to support the Soca Warriors as this is the Soca Warriors Discussion Forum or you don't ever come back here ever!!

Can you Reggaeboyz honestly promise us that?!  :waiting:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:43:12 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 31, 2011, 07:59:27 AM »

If by some miracle T&T makes the Hex for another serious chance at World Cup qualification and Jamaica doesn't that you guys don't come back on this forum with any lame excuses for Jamaica?!

After that you either come here to support the Soca Warriors as this is the Soca Warriors Discussion Forum or you don't ever come back here ever!!

I for one never gave any sort of "lame excuse" when Jamaica got knocked out if the last Hex. Like I said, we battled nail and tooth with Mexico and Honduras for passage to the Hex and in the end lost out on goal differemnce to Mexico. Nothing to be ashamed of in that! In fact, It made me feel much better when both Mex and Hon secured passage from the Hex to the world cup finals....

Nothing is guaranteed brother, so while T&T has made passage to the hex back to back and Jamaica's been out two times back to back, it gives no indication as to what will happen next..history might repeat itself, or maybe, just maybe both teams will be back home watching the Hex happen from a distance!

At the moment, I like the preperation being put in by the JFF, coaching staff and the players, and I remain optimistic, and looking forward to our next friendly games. And yes, i do watch all games T&T play as well, so I'l be tuning in to see how you do vs Bermuda this wknd. I am sure you will be watching Jamaica take on Columbia and Ecuador too.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 31, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
RF..and im serious here... whats the feelings for you  and most Jamaican fans on Tappa coaching the WQC ??

i know his record is very good...just trying to get a feel ...whats the vibe there ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 31, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
RF..and im serious here... whats the feelings for you  and most Jamaican fans on Tappa coaching the WQC ??

i know his record is very good...just trying to get a feel ...whats the vibe there ??

I believe Tappa gets the best out of the players, they play for him. Rene Simoes came here last campaign and screwed us up big time, when Whitmore took over he was faced with the task of having to win all the remaining games and hope that other results worked in our favor, which he did, but thibgs didnt quiete pan out.

Tappa might not be the most experienced or technically sound coach, but i believe with him now being surrounded by a couple Brazilian "assistants", he will do his best. Lets see if thats good enough to get us into the HEx and to Brazil. Will be hard, but he has the support of the Federation, players and die-hard fans.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 31, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »

VB
It also seems that T&T has three foci:
(i) Losing 2-1 to Grenada in the Digicel Championships and not qualifying for the Gold Cup.
(ii) Losing 1-0 to Grenada in the Digicel Championship and not qualifying for the Gold Cup.
(iii)Watching the Gold Cup on TV.

They must really like TV. :rotfl: :rotfl:

jjbrown

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 31, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »

VB
(i) Losing 2-1 to Grenada in the Digicel Championships and not qualifying for the Gold Cup.
(ii) Losing 1-0 to Grenada in the Digicel Championship and not qualifying for the Gold Cup.

We like it even better, whe we see out team in the Hex.

How do you like watching our team in the Hex?

Do you have a tv?

VB

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 31, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »

Can you do the same and don't blame the TTFF
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 31, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »

VB

Do you have a tv?

VB
I LOVED it. Especially when Costa Rica gave the Soca Warriors a 3-2 cut-arse in your own back yard which flush all of T&T's equations of possible qualifying for the World Cup down the toilet. ;D
jjbrown

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: August 31, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »

VB

Do you have a tv?

VB
I LOVED it. Especially when Costa Rica gave the Soca Warriors a 3-2 cut-arse in your own back yard which flush all of T&T's equations of possible qualifying for the World Cup down the toilet. ;D

Eh Eh, you have electricity??  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: August 31, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »

VB

Do you have a tv?

VB

Eh Eh, you have electricity??  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Just make sure T&T tops their Group over Barbados, Bermuda and Guyana and try to reach the HEX again. Pummel Barbados especially since they now become Jamaica's new rivals with T&T.
jjbrown

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »

You didn't answer the question!

And btw I don't visit the RBsite to post excuses if my team fails to perform as expected so why would I need to do the same?  ::)

And you're missing the point entirely! I can knock the TTFF as much as I want on this Soca Warriors Discussion board as it was designed to discuss all issues effecting T&T football! I'm not going over on the RB board to do that, am I?!

I’m still waiting for you to make that promise so I've highlighted the text for you above!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:39:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »

You didn't answer the question!

And btw I don't visit the RBsite to post excuses if my team fails to perform as expected so why would I need to do the same?

And you're missing the point entirely! I can knock the TTFF as much as I want on this Soca Warriors Discussion board as it was designed to discuss all issues effecting T&T football!

I’m still waiting for you to give us that promise, see highlighted text above!!
I don't have to make excuses for the Reggae Boyz. From the moment they kick the ball in I laughed at the doubters who said Jamaica would only the group with only 0 to 1 point.
However, I know all the excuses that were made for your Soca Warriors when Mexico beat T&T 2-1 leaving them with 0 points in the HEX after 2 matches. One only had to be on the Soca Warriors forum after the game. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: August 31, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
Thanks RF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>