Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 470549 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica vs ElSalvador..
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 08:37:52 AM »
".. as a matter of fact Yu Lover (Latapy) learn  football innah Jamaica so I really cya understan yu breds..Warmonga..

Warmonga, you are the funniest man on the forum and I real like readin' yuh posts, but that piece of sh*t yuh say dey, can't pass without a dis'

Latapy eh learn no football in Jamaica. Latapy went Jamaica and mash up football "innah" Jamaica...show dem jamaicans ting dey didn't see before from the Caribbean......If anything Latapy teach football in Jamaica. Get that straight....

One love :beermug:

Not so fast there! When Latapy Joined PMU, Hugh "Bingy" Blair and Wayne palmer were seen as better players than Latapy. Latapy joinedthose two midfielders, andtogether they made an awsome midfield trio. If you asked me, Leoonsen Lewis made more impact at PMU than Latapy did! I know, I saw Latapy live in at least 8 games while he was here. PMU at thetime had alot of money in their sytem...they had a bunch of very good players at the time, Including Alan "Skill" Cole, who was the best player atthe club at the time, bar none.

Wouldn't doubt that...........especially the part about Leonson Lewis......and I can't speak for Bingy and your other local heroes (that is all subjective in my opinion)....and maybe I went too far, by saying Latapy showed Jamaicans things they didn't see before (had to puff up my chest a lil bit).........

But I know for a fact that Latapy made a big impact in football in Jamaica.........Jamaicans themselves including my family there have told me that he was in the upper tier of players there, and many looked up to him as a superior player (maybe not the best, but among the best)................. so to say that Latapy learned Football in Jamaica, as Warmonga implied.........is garbage.....or at least a stretch........

.......plus I know he didn't mean it literally (right Warmonga ??), I was just pullin' him up for a loose slip of the tongue

Warmonga is nuff kicks though.........and I respect your posts too ReggaeFan....(They are more sensible than the many)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:43:30 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 09:13:29 AM »
Leonson Lewis to me is a class striker. Again, he had more impact at PMU than Latapy did simply because at the time PMU at a bunch of very talented Midfielders....which included Alan "Skill" Cole...you really cant find a better passer of the ball anywhere than Skill Cole.

PMU was a feared team in those days, they were technically the best run team in teh Caribbean, an dthey had the money to bring in teh best players. But for al the players and money they had, they couldnt manage to win the NPL, the best they could muster up was third place. They narowly missed out on the campionships thatyear, Lonsown Lewis were the leading scorer for the team that year.

The funny thing about is that these guys both came to my house one Saturday aftetrnoon, along with another player bythe name of Marc Wolf from the USA, who was also at PMU atthe time. They came there to pick up some paper-work from my mother who was managing the hotel they lived at while playing for PMU. I know these uys very well.

Irasto Knigts and one other former T&T youth player Micheal Rosales also played footbal in St. Thomas Parish, but they didnt quite have the same impact Lewis and Latapy had.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 09:20:33 AM »
Leonson Lewis to me is a class striker. Again, he had more impact at PMU than Latapy did simply because at the time PMU at a bunch of very talented Midfielders....which included Alan "Skill" Cole...you really cant find a better passer of the ball anywhere than Skill Cole.

PMU was a feared team in those days, they were technically the best run team in teh Caribbean, an dthey had the money to bring in teh best players. But for al the players and money they had, they couldnt manage to win the NPL, the best they could muster up was third place. They narowly missed out on the campionships thatyear, Lonsown Lewis were the leading scorer for the team that year.

The funny thing about is that these guys both came to my house one Saturday aftetrnoon, along with another player bythe name of Marc Wolf from the USA, who was also at PMU atthe time. They came there to pick up some paper-work from my mother who was managing the hotel they lived at while playing for PMU. I know these uys very well.

Irasto Knigts and one other former T&T youth player Micheal Rosales also played footbal in St. Thomas Parish, but they didnt quite have the same impact Lewis and Latapy had.

No doubt.......Leonson Lewis is in my opinion the best striker T&T has bred in the last 20 years...

I know Irastro Knights, and I remember he went over to JA to play.....always wondered what became of him

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 09:23:45 AM »
How tha song went??

"We have Leonson Lewis to put in de net for we..."

one of my favourites of all time
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2005, 09:42:30 AM »

Rf - In dem days, Trintoc of Trinidad and Defense Force woulda hit PMU at least 6-8 Love.
It was also the golden era of Trindad football, club teams here were loaded.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2005, 10:56:11 AM »

Rf - In dem days, Trintoc of Trinidad and Defense Force woulda hit PMU at least 6-8 Love.
It was also the golden era of Trindad football, club teams here were loaded.

This is pure speculation. PMU at the time could compete with anything South of Miami and north of Brazil. This was jsut before Jamaica started to take football seriously at International level..guys like Bingy Blair would have been an icon today if we were serious back then. Sowaht has happened for T&T football to fall off so drasticallysince then? I mean, Its hard to imagine a Trini club team beating a Jamaican clubteam today, much more winning 8-0.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2005, 11:07:37 AM »

Sowaht has happened for T&T football to fall off so drasticallysince then? I mean, Its hard to imagine a Trini club team beating a Jamaican clubteam today, much more winning 8-0.

That's pretty arrogant Reggaefan

8-0 is just a rediculous exaggeration.......fine.........but come on. Is Jamaican local football really that good ? Jamaica has had the upper hand on T&T for quite some time now I agree, but don't act as if you've elevated yourself to a significantly different class to us domestically......Jamaican football is still sub-par on the World stage.

If these Jamaican clubs are so good that you can't imagine any Trini club team beating them, then why don't they win the CONCACAF club championship ?? Why doesn't Jamaica have a purely local based team that is on the verge of WCQ ?

I'm not saying that your club football is not competitive, and it may be better than our PFL etc.. but save the arrogance for people whose intelligence you can insult without them knowing............
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:23:05 AM by kicker »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »
Doh study he nuh.. he jess wilin we!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2005, 11:46:10 AM »

Sowaht has happened for T&T football to fall off so drasticallysince then? I mean, Its hard to imagine a Trini club team beating a Jamaican clubteam today, much more winning 8-0.

8-0 is just a rediculous exaggeration.......fine.........but come on. Is Jamaican local football really that good ? Jamaica has had the upper hand on T&T for quite some time now I agree, but don't act as if you've elevated yourself to a significantly different class to us domestically......Jamaican football is still sub-par on the World stage.

If these Jamaican clubs are so good that you can't imagine any Trini club team beating them, then why don't they win the CONCACAF club championship ?? Why doesn't Jamaica have a purely local based team that is on the verge of WCQ ?

I'm not saying that your club football is not competitive, and it may be better than our PFL etc.. but save the arrogance for people whose intelligence you can insult without them knowing............

I dont see the top Trini club beating the top Jamaican club by all of 8 goals to nil. The results in recent encounters have been much much closer than that. Football in Jamaica is above, if not on teh same level as that in Trinidad at ALL levels...from schoolboy football to club football, to senior team level. Who are the raigning caribbean club champs? who are the raigning caribbean schoolboy champs? who are copa caribe champs?  who are the raigning caribbean under 15 champs? I see nothing to suggest that Trini football is in a better state than Jamaica's.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 11:48:59 AM »

The real arrogantone was Trini....he is the one who stated that Trintoc could have defeated PMU (with Latapy and Lewis) by 8 clear goals. my comment was that I cant imagine a T&T top team beating a Jamaican top team. Which comment more arrogant?

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2005, 12:14:56 PM »
Rf ah like to hear u an ting cause u does have some descent comments to mek in dis forum eh.......true alyuh win de last match against one ah we club dem eh buh leh meh tell u now dat de most dominant island in club football fuh de last 15 years or more has been Trinidadian clubs .

From wey back who knows we have won every tournament in cfu club competitions and earned de right to represent cfu year after year without fail inconcacaf eh.,

This year was de first time alyuh represent cfu in de concacaf club championship dating way back whoever knows......ah don't even tink alyuh ever did...

Check back all de results and u will see from 93 or 94 when de first caribbean professional league is a trini club dat win every one ah dem and everytime alyuh play we fuh de concacaf club championships is we dat dat win is tnt al de time every year.....

So watch yuh contents...........sprangalangggggg!!!!!!!!!
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2005, 12:21:35 PM »
Rf ah like to hear u an ting cause u does have some descent comments to mek in dis forum eh.......true alyuh win de last match against one ah we club dem eh buh leh meh tell u now dat de most dominant island in club football fuh de last 15 years or more has been Trinidadian clubs .

From wey back who knows we have won every tournament in cfu club competitions and earned de right to represent cfu year after year without fail inconcacaf eh.,

This year was de first time alyuh represent cfu in de concacaf club championship dating way back whoever knows......ah don't even tink alyuh ever did...

Check back all de results and u will see from 93 or 94 when de first caribbean professional league is a trini club dat win every one ah dem and everytime alyuh play we fuh de concacaf club championships is we dat dat win is tnt al de time every year.....

Well, the fact is, Jamaican clubs have exported no less than 20 playesr to various leagues accross the world since our World Cup appearance. I am not in a position to compare the leagues, as I havent seen much of the Trinidad League, but from recent memories, I cannot recall a Trini club every outscoring a Jamaican club by very wide margins.  Trinidad may very well have the edge on Jamaica and te rest of the Caribbean in termsof club football, but I have seen nothing in recent time to sugges that FOOTBALL in general in Trinidad is any more healthy than Jamaican football. For each UB40player that we have used since 1994, we have exported 2 players to foreign leagues. 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 12:24:28 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 12:35:57 PM »

Well, the fact is, Jamaican clubs have exported no less than 20 playesr to various leagues accross the world since our World Cup appearance. I am not in a position to compare the leagues, as I havent seen much of the Trinidad League, but from recent memories, I cannot recall a Trini club every outscoring a Jamaican club by very wide margins.  Trinidad may very well have the edge on Jamaica and te rest of the Caribbean in termsof club football, but I have seen nothing in recent time to sugges that FOOTBALL in general in Trinidad is any more healthy than Jamaican football. For each UB40player that we have used since 1994, we have exported 2 players to foreign leagues. 

Ah jus feel ah had to set de playing field straight ..

Ah jes cyar tek de bias talk nah
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 12:37:31 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2005, 03:07:28 PM »
Lawd have is mercy all this mudda this and Mudda dat.... is a good ting mi de pon parole otherwise nuff man oulda get 5 fingers  thru mi keyboard !!!! (a dey pon parole for slapping a man thru de internet  ;D) I felt this ting get out a hand but anyway.. Lets Support de team and memba sey nuff people a pass thru this site now so lets keep it football....Magician I sorry for  not knowing  how tuh spell "YU Lover " name maybe one day I will learn to Spell LATAPEE like yu......
warmonga..
T&T 3- Panama 1 ....2 goals by Jones and one by Big Magician" Lover"....
memba warmonga sey so...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2005, 05:05:15 PM »

Reggaefart - read my post correctly, I was talking about the late 80's.
There is no way a TT or Ja team could beat the other 8-0 now, of course we know this.
Every single game TT and Ja senior team play, it is ALWAYS 1 goal that separate them.
Only Jabloteh 6-2 win over Portmore 2 years ago was the exception (over aggregate for the caribbean final).
But in the 80's TT football was years beyond Ja football, so too were the clubs.
I remember in the late 80's, Trintoc and Defense Force always making it into the late stages of the CONCACAF club championship, with much larger crowds than today following these club games. Trintoc alone was almost half the strike squad.
Remember in those days USA used to beat u guys all 5-1 and 3-0 and thing, while we were drawing with them in the US.
It was just a different time I was talking about reggaefart. Nothing arrogant about that, it was just how it was.
TT teams actually used to turn down offers to play Ja and instead play teams like Suriname, Grenada (yes grenada), Martinique etc etc.
Time are much different now indeed.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2005, 06:12:07 AM »

There is no way a TT or Ja team could beat the other 8-0 now, of course we know this.
Every single game TT and Ja senior team play, it is ALWAYS 1 goal that separate them.
Only Jabloteh 6-2 win over Portmore 2 years ago was the exception (over aggregate for the caribbean final).
But in the 80's TT football was years beyond Ja football, so too were the clubs.
I remember in the late 80's, Trintoc and Defense Force always making it into the late stages of the CONCACAF club championship, with much larger crowds than today following these club games. Trintoc alone was almost half the strike squad.
Remember in those days USA used to beat u guys all 5-1 and 3-0 and thing, while we were drawing with them in the US.
It was just a different time I was talking about reggaefart. Nothing arrogant about that, it was just how it was.
TT teams actually used to turn down offers to play Ja and instead play teams like Suriname, Grenada (yes grenada), Martinique etc etc.

So in one post you are telling Big Magic to grow up, and in the next, you are termin me "REGGAEFART" because I challege one fo your points? Seems like alot of growing up is needed around here.  :devil:

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 08:03:48 AM »
RF, jes chill and enjoy de hex.

Maybe next one, yuh go be an active participant.

Jes relax nah man...burn sumting and relax.

yuh here melting like butter against the sun!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 08:04:09 AM »

Rf why u doh respond to all dat ?

So in one post you are telling Big Magic to grow up, and in the next, you are termin me "REGGAEFART" because I challege one fo your points? Seems like alot of growing up is needed around here.  :devil:

RF why u doh respond with something a lil more convincing.

DAis is all you could say on de topic ?

De man telling u like it is answer him  .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:06:58 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 12:07:53 PM »
But RF, yuh moving like REGGAEFART is a diss name and I name calling, that is yuh name from long time, somewhere between Reggaefan and Naciamaj.
Whatever became of him?  ;D
Was it him who was responsible for the "shiftless niggas" comments about Trinidadians?
U are right, we really need a lot of growing up around here. :beermug:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2005, 12:23:25 PM »
"shiftless Niggas" wouldnt be wise to be self hating on myslef would it, seeing that I am 100% African decent myslef. The person who impersonated me on that post knows himself, and post on this message board everyday. Jamaicans on a whole have no reason to be racist! :shameonyou:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2005, 12:25:52 PM »

Maybe next one, yuh go be an active participant.

Jes relax nah man...burn sumting and relax.

yuh here melting like butter against the sun!

I am actually enjoying the Hex this time round...Seeing that I am not really emotionally attacvhed to any of teh teams participating. I could have been a happier fan today though, as had my team made teh Hex, I know at least by now we would have sewn up the 4th half spot. Still harboring hopes of seeing a Caribbean team in Germany though.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »
I could have been a happier fan today though, as had my team made teh Hex, I know at least by now we would have sewn up the 4th half spot. Still harboring hopes of seeing a Caribbean team in Germany though.

Just like you "KNEW" your team would actually make it to the Hex this rounds right?   ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2005, 01:10:54 PM »

had my team made teh Hex, I know at least by now we would have sewn up the 4th half spot.

the most important words there being "had my team made the Hex"

Still harboring hopes of seeing a Caribbean team in Germany though.

The more and more I read your posts RF, the more you sound like a hater in disguise. Come out and say it:...... you don't want T&T to make it to the WC......You don't want us to share that achievement with Jamaica......You like antagonizing the Trinis on this forum.....Come out and admit it. All you ever do is compare T&T to Jamaica pointing out all the reasons why you think Jamaica is better than T&T.....You're like a sophisticated Sting Pana

We know you're a Jamaican and love the reggae boyz.....fine........that is your right and responsibility

But we don't care about how much better you think your boys are..............if you're coming on this forum to hate on T&T.......then hate............(like sting pana)

If you're coming on here to support us...then support us...but the mixed messages, unjustified arrogance (Jamaica as a football team isn't all that, just in case you didn't realize), and hints of bitterness in your posts are losing my respect slowly...........

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine
hater- fine...but be preapared for abuse
hater in disguise- not cool
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 01:15:37 PM by kicker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »
The more and more I read your posts RF, the more you sound like a hater in disguise. Come out and say it:...... you don't want T&T to make it to the WC......You don't want us to share that achievement with Jamaica......You like antagonizing the Trinis on this forum.....Come out and admit it. All you ever do is compare T&T to Jamaica pointing out all the reasons why you think Jamaica is better than T&T.....You're like a sophisticated Sting Pana

We know you're a Jamaican and love the reggae boyz.....fine........that is your right and responsibility

But we don't care about how much better you think your boys are..............if you're coming on this forum to hate on T&T.......then hate............(like sting pana)

If you're coming on here to support us...then support us...but the mixed messages, unjustified arrogance (Jamaica as a football team isn't all that, just in case you didn't realize), and hints of bitterness in your posts are losing my respect slowly...........

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine

RF been hidin in plain sight on dis forum long time.  He...like Winnipeg Puny...does come here to antagonize.  It bunnin both a dem sumting fierce dat T&T in de Hex and dem teams not.  But dat isn't de only reason dey hatin.  So it go.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2005, 02:28:07 PM »

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine

RF been hidin in plain sight on dis forum long time.  He...like Winnipeg Puny...does come here to antagonize.  It bunnin both a dem sumting fierce dat T&T in de Hex and dem teams not.  But dat isn't de only reason dey hatin.  So it go.

Havent been hiding at all Palos, I've posted regulary here during the past 2 months or so. Even more regularly here than on The RBZ site. Yes, I'm deeply hurt that my team is out of teh Hex...why? Becuase it would be a certain trip to Germany for them had they been in :devil: But South Afrioca is just around the corner.  :applause:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 02:36:14 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2005, 02:36:59 PM »
oh gosh oh gosh allyuh cool it nah. one love remember......................
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2005, 02:49:53 PM »

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine

Havent been hiding at all Palos, I've posted regulary here during the past 2 months or so. Even more regularly here than on The RBZ site. Yes, I'm deeply hurt that my team is out of teh Hex...why? Becuase it would be a certain trip to Germany for them had they been in :devil: But South Afrioca is just around the corner.  :applause:

hiding in plain sight doesn't mean you were absent........it's a way of saying that you are disguising your real feelings, and pretending to be a supporter........but not fooling anyone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2005, 02:51:26 PM »
oh gosh oh gosh allyuh cool it nah. one love remember......................

drink to that :beermug:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2005, 11:25:28 AM »

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine

hiding in plain sight doesn't mean you were absent........it's a way of saying that you are disguising your real feelings, and pretending to be a supporter........but not fooling anyone.

I dont have to pretend to be supporting Trinidad. I publicaly stated that Its easy for me to support Trinidad in Jamaica's absence. If Jamaica was in the runnings today, Trinidad would be my enemy. I am sure you can understand the logic behind that.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2005, 11:31:13 AM »

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine

I dont have to pretend to be supporting Trinidad. I publicaly stated that Its easy for me to support Trinidad in Jamaica's absence. If Jamaica was in the runnings today, Trinidad would be my enemy. I am sure you can understand the logic behind that.

But you're not supporting Trinidad........that's our point.......You only pretend to be.......It comes across like your whole agenda on this forum has been a "Jamaica is better than T&T".........go back and read your posts different threads lately and you'll see where I'm coming from....you always find a way to spin a topic around to a Jamaica this........... T&T that......................it's getting annoying.

1]; } ?>