Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 470489 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica vs ElSalvador..
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »
The more and more I read your posts RF, the more you sound like a hater in disguise. Come out and say it:...... you don't want T&T to make it to the WC......You don't want us to share that achievement with Jamaica......You like antagonizing the Trinis on this forum.....Come out and admit it. All you ever do is compare T&T to Jamaica pointing out all the reasons why you think Jamaica is better than T&T.....You're like a sophisticated Sting Pana

We know you're a Jamaican and love the reggae boyz.....fine........that is your right and responsibility

But we don't care about how much better you think your boys are..............if you're coming on this forum to hate on T&T.......then hate............(like sting pana)

If you're coming on here to support us...then support us...but the mixed messages, unjustified arrogance (Jamaica as a football team isn't all that, just in case you didn't realize), and hints of bitterness in your posts are losing my respect slowly...........

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine
hater- fine...but be preapared for abuse
hater in disguise- not cool

RF been hidin in plain sight on dis forum long time.  He...like Winnipeg Puny...does come here to antagonize.  It bunnin both a dem sumting fierce dat T&T in de Hex and dem teams not.  But dat isn't de only reason dey hatin.  So it go.

Havent been hiding at all Palos, I've posted regulary here during the past 2 months or so. Even more regularly here than on The RBZ site. Yes, I'm deeply hurt that my team is out of teh Hex...why? Becuase it would be a certain trip to Germany for them had they been in :devil: But South Afrioca is just around the corner.  :applause:

hiding in plain sight doesn't mean you were absent........it's a way of saying that you are disguising your real feelings, and pretending to be a supporter........but not fooling anyone.

I dont have to pretend to be supporting Trinidad. I publicaly stated that Its easy for me to support Trinidad in Jamaica's absence. If Jamaica was in the runnings today, Trinidad would be my enemy. I am sure you can understand the logic behind that.

But you're not supporting Trinidad........that's our point.......You only pretend to be.......It comes across like your whole agenda on this forum has been a "Jamaica is better than T&T".........go back and read your posts different threads lately and you'll see where I'm coming from....you always find a way to spin a topic around to a Jamaica this........... T&T that......................it's getting annoying.

Perhaps the reason it sounds as if I'm saying Jamaica better than T&T is because I'm the only one here defending Jamaica. See, thats what you fail to understand. Guys like Sam in particular and quite a few others have a deep rooted hatred for meh country like never seen before  :-X.  Do you understand the fact that Jamaica and Trinidad have the biggest Sport Rivalry in the Caribbean, and definately one of the biggest soccer rivalry in CONCACAF? I can honestly say today that I have more interest in seeing T&T qualify for the nextworld cup than any Socawarriors poster would if Jamaica were in the position Trinidad were today (Except for Trini who is 75% Jakan 10% American and 15% Trini  :applause:). I planning to by mehself a 60inch screen HD tv for the world cup next year....I wouldnt mind seeing the Boyz there nah? but I'd rather see Trinidad there than Guatemala Weee.  :rotfl: :rotfl: I've even begun to learn the trini Dialect... ent?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 12:53:12 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2005, 12:59:46 PM »

But you're not supporting Trinidad........that's our point.......You only pretend to be.......It comes across like your whole agenda on this forum has been a "Jamaica is better than T&T".........go back and read your posts different threads lately and you'll see where I'm coming from....you always find a way to spin a topic around to a Jamaica this........... T&T that......................it's getting annoying.

Kicker, by my memory he has been doing this for at least the last 5 years... so just ignore de man and his agenda....

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2005, 01:02:26 PM »
The more and more I read your posts RF, the more you sound like a hater in disguise. Come out and say it:...... you don't want T&T to make it to the WC......You don't want us to share that achievement with Jamaica......You like antagonizing the Trinis on this forum.....Come out and admit it. All you ever do is compare T&T to Jamaica pointing out all the reasons why you think Jamaica is better than T&T.....You're like a sophisticated Sting Pana

We know you're a Jamaican and love the reggae boyz.....fine........that is your right and responsibility

But we don't care about how much better you think your boys are..............if you're coming on this forum to hate on T&T.......then hate............(like sting pana)

If you're coming on here to support us...then support us...but the mixed messages, unjustified arrogance (Jamaica as a football team isn't all that, just in case you didn't realize), and hints of bitterness in your posts are losing my respect slowly...........

opinions - fine
objectivity- fine
hater- fine...but be preapared for abuse
hater in disguise- not cool

RF been hidin in plain sight on dis forum long time.  He...like Winnipeg Puny...does come here to antagonize.  It bunnin both a dem sumting fierce dat T&T in de Hex and dem teams not.  But dat isn't de only reason dey hatin.  So it go.

Havent been hiding at all Palos, I've posted regulary here during the past 2 months or so. Even more regularly here than on The RBZ site. Yes, I'm deeply hurt that my team is out of teh Hex...why? Becuase it would be a certain trip to Germany for them had they been in :devil: But South Afrioca is just around the corner.  :applause:

hiding in plain sight doesn't mean you were absent........it's a way of saying that you are disguising your real feelings, and pretending to be a supporter........but not fooling anyone.

I dont have to pretend to be supporting Trinidad. I publicaly stated that Its easy for me to support Trinidad in Jamaica's absence. If Jamaica was in the runnings today, Trinidad would be my enemy. I am sure you can understand the logic behind that.

Perhaps the reason it sounds as if I'm saying Jamaica better than T&T is because I'm the only one here defending Jamaica. See, thats what you fail to understand. Guys like Sam in particular and quite a few others have a deep rooted hatred for meh country like never seen before  :-X.  Do you understand the fact that Jamaica and Trinidad have the biggest Sport Rivalry in the Caribbean, and definately one of the biggest soccer rivalry in CONCACAF? I can honestly say today that I have more interest in seeing T&T qualify for the nextworld cup than any Socawarriors poster would if Jamaica were in the position Trinidad were today (Except for Trini who is 75% Jakan 10% American and 15% Trini  :applause:). I planning to by mehself a 60inch screen HD tv for the world cup next year....I wouldnt mind seeing the Boyz there nah? but I'd rather see Trinidad there than Guatemala Weee.  :rotfl: :rotfl: I've even begun to learn the trini Dialect... ent?

Really now....If memeory serves me correct, this is the first time in about 10 years Jamaica out the world cup this early. So normally I'd be supporting my Boyz, instead of Trinidad. IfI wanted rto really throw my hate around, the besttime would be when you lost heavilyto Guaremala and Costa Rica recently. I will re-iterate...
I'm here because myside is out. Nothing else
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:04:06 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2005, 01:10:54 PM »
boss nuttin aint wrong with backing yuh country dis iz just de wrong site to do it on. dis gettin really annoying now dan.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2005, 01:33:54 PM »
boss nuttin aint wrong with backing yuh country dis iz just de wrong site to do it on. dis gettin really annoying now dan.

I'll not mention Jamaica on this MB any more, or try not to. Seems Jamaica is a curse word around here?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2005, 01:38:22 PM »

I'll not mention Jamaica on this MB any more, or try not to. Seems Jamaica is a curse word around here?

The word Jamaica is not a curse........it's just not as relevant to some discussions as you try to make it........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2005, 03:00:02 PM »

The Real cuss word round here is RF which stands for Real F%&ker!   :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2005, 03:23:02 PM »
Soca Monkey - Wha u up to breds, long time.
U get real scarce over time boy.
Old age?
Too much jocking in the past, so now is arthritis in the hand?
Now ah see why u is Sam mentor!

truetrini

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2005, 08:23:32 PM »
sprain wrist socapro..wey yuh hiding fella?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica beat Guatemala in warm up game
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2005, 06:54:50 AM »
in Miami saturday. 2-1, Shelton, Crawford. (Plata penal for Guatemala).

Jamaica is warming up for Australia next week in London, while Guatemala re warming up for thir remaining 2 WCQ games.

This must be about the 5th time Jamaica beating Guatemala this year alone.
It would be a sin if such a shitty side get to play in the World Cup at Trinidad's expense.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 06:59:12 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica beat Guatemala in warm up game
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2005, 08:08:27 AM »
where dat game was orange bowl?    wat was the attendance?       did guatemala use dey full side?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2005, 08:14:18 AM »
and we ent even have a warm-up game scheduled?  ::)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2005, 09:08:48 AM »
where dat game was orange bowl?    wat was the attendance?       did guatemala use dey full side?

Dont know the exact composition of teh Guatremala squad, but I know guys like Freddie Thompson, Plata etc played (cant say if Ramirez and Pesacadito played). Jamaica didnt use any of their MLS or England based professionals. Its shocking thata team still in teh hunt for a World Cup spot cant raise their game againts a second string Jamaica team? Should I take itthat Guatemala is really that poor, or Jamaica's second string is that good?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2005, 09:19:37 AM »

Should I take itthat Guatemala is really that poor, or Jamaica's second string is that good?

Take it however you want to take it........

Panama beat Jamaica's A-team.........and they're at the bottom of the hex without a win........

Football is a game of match-ups...........

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2005, 09:28:48 AM »
Guatemala will raise their game for the Hex games.
That warm up was less about winning I sure.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2005, 09:37:01 AM »

Should I take itthat Guatemala is really that poor, or Jamaica's second string is that good?

Panama beat Jamaica's A-team.........and they're at the bottom of the hex without a win........

Ouch....why yuh gone & ruin de ress a RF year wit dah one?  True to form...RF jes lookin fuh chat and dah piece of indisputable logic jes destroy he feeble attempt at he usual dotishness.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2005, 09:45:10 AM »

To Appease you, I'll take it that Guatemala sucks (and not that Jamaica second string is good). Panama on teh other hand  earned their spot in the Hex. It was a learning experience for them, but they have shown everyone that them knocking out Jamaica was no fluke (look at what they did in teh recent GOld Cup). But to get back tov the topic at hand....at this point, Guatenmala should be hammering a Jamaica second string..no two ways about it. 5 games this year vs Jamaica second 11, and not a win to show for it.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2005, 09:47:44 AM »

Ouch....why yuh gone & ruin de ress a RF year wit dah one?  True to form...RF jes lookin fuh chat and dah piece of indisputable logic jes destroy he feeble attempt at he usual dotishness.

Not at all. Hats off to Panama for doing something that many better teams failed to do in teh past...win in Kingston. Having said that, Football is sometimes all about luck as well. They could easily have conceded 4 goals in that game in Kingston.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2005, 09:49:57 AM »
Guatemala will raise their game for the Hex games.
That warm up was less about winning I sure.

Since when you start defending Guatemala? JAmaica's footballers are not actively involved in consistent training...they pretty much pick a side 2 days before playing guatemala. If Guatemala cant beat a pick up Jamaica side, how are they going to beat Mexico? And you are here defending them/

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2005, 09:51:18 AM »
whole day i trying not to say nothing but yuh over doing it dan. we have important matters to discuss and you come to cause a set ah drama with yuh fregging reggae boys. allyuh gone get over it. go and write some lyrics to some reggae or bun ah spliff or somthing nah >:(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2005, 09:57:19 AM »
RF while there is a sense of national pride and a degree of gloating  with each moral victory, realize that the CONTEXT under which the game is played may have determined the results. In other words, Guatemala may have simply approached this game to give men a run, to look at players , to try out systems of play and to simply tune up dey side. Jamacia on the other hand , with nothing to strive for , no hex, no  national cup play, may have been motivated differently in that they want to play for moral victories; To brag, to say exactly what some may say, they could beat a team in the hex.
Remember the  motivation for both with little at stake  is just what it is a 'FRIENDLY'
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:06:51 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2005, 10:05:54 AM »
RF

JAMAICA IS GREAT !!!!

THEY SHOULD BE IN THE HEX !!!!

HAPPY ?  ;D ;D ;D

Come on man.........we all see where you're coming from........you are gloating !!!!!!!!!...end of story

I'll patronize you in the hopes that this thread ends here  :beermug:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:13:09 AM by kicker »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2005, 10:12:07 AM »
get the monkey off your back Kicker. I merely posted a score between my country and a team that you are in contention with for teh 4th Hex spot. No need to get a fit over it. I'm nopt gloating one bit (how did you come to that conclusion?). Guatemala SUCKS! is that gloating?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2005, 10:14:15 AM »
RF while there is a sense of national pride and a degree of gloating  with each moral victory, realize that the CONTEXT under which the game is played may have determined the results. In other words, Guatemala may have simply approached this game to give men a run, to look at players , to try out systems of play and to simply tune up dey side. Jamacia on the other hand , with nothing to strive for , no hex, no  national cup play, may have been motivated differently in that they want to play for moral victories; To brag, to say exactly what some may say, they could beat a team in the hex.
Remember the  motivation for both with little at stake  is just what it is a 'FRIENDLY'

Alberta....Guatemala has played Jamaica in 4 warm ups recently (beats me as to why Maradiaga has been chosing Jamaica for his warm up games), They are yet to figure out how to beat Jamaica (be it in a competive game (gold Cup) or a friendly game). That tells me that the team is no good.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2005, 10:17:56 AM »
Actually I have to support RF on this one.

In his first post he was correct Guatemala is a POOR side. This is not based on the JA results but based on seeing them play. We should have given them back a 5-1 in the stadium.

Right now the difference between them and us are that they had one game against a US 2nd string side and got a draw, hence the one point advantage. If we had played that US side at home, even with BSC, We could have gottenthat same result or better. Look at 2001 when we played the final game at home when the US had shut down after qualifying.

We should not have lost to them in Guatemala. They are ahead of us in a "false" position, but we can only set that right if we beat Panama. If we draw, we'll probably be even and it will be our fault.

And RF was right, it would be shameful for this team to end up above us in the hex. We should have no excuses.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2005, 10:25:05 AM »
I think RF information is relevant to what we experiencing.  goodto know what our opposition doing, and  the fact trhat they lose to a 2nd string jamaican teasm, make me even more at ease that they will certainly lose to a 2nd string Mexican team in mexico.  otherwise I will stay away from the RF bashing.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2005, 10:36:27 AM »
get the monkey off your back Kicker. I merely posted a score between my country and a team that you are in contention with for teh 4th Hex spot. No need to get a fit over it. I'm nopt gloating one bit (how did you come to that conclusion?). Guatemala SUCKS! is that gloating?

Thanks for the news.....and yes it would be shameful if Guatemala got in the world cup and we didn't......

Thanks for your concern, and please feel free to give us periodic updates on Guatemala, and their preparation for their upcoming games.......and the same for  Bharain, Uzbecks & Panama, even if Jamaica is not involved in the news item.....we appreciate it......

thanks again
kicker

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »

RF...you real touchy partnah...you ask a gloating question (is JA 2nd stream really that good?)

and you get a legit answer.....no way to take that result an extrapolate to how two other teams will play...football is about matchups...simple. Instead you get twist up because someone use the Panama Jamica example. Wher hear nuh..last year Man City played Chelsea twice...beat them in the first game and hold them to a tie in the second. Does that mena Man City was the 2nd best team in the EPL...no...dey just matched up well against the Champs. Dread...you get a legit answer to a cheeky question and you get vex....time to get the monkey off your back.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2005, 10:40:38 AM »
Thanks for the news.....and yes it would be shameful if Guatemala got in the world cup and we didn't......
Thanks for your concern, and please feel free to give us periodic updates on Guatemala, and their preparation for their upcoming games.......and the same for  Bharain, Uzbecks & Panama, even if Jamaica is not involved in the news item.....we appreciate it......
thanks again
kicker

You can be sure that I'll post a score whenever my team plays, win, lose or draw. I [post on this message board daily....beats me as to why some folks here thinks I should never mentionanything about the exploits of my own team.  ::)

Bahrain/Uzbek will more than likely blow out Guatemala if tehy should take the 4th half spot, based on recent performances.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2005, 10:43:02 AM »

thanks again
kicker

I guess everyone here missed the point of my original post. Seems whenever the wordl Jamaica is used on this board, a select few gets emotional. In case you  missed it, the point i was making is that Guatemala sucks as a team aiming to repreent CONCACAF in the World Cup! Read between the lines, you will also see that a secondary point is that Trinidad and Tobago will perhaps do better vs Uzbek/Bahrain, once they get to that point.

1]; } ?>