April 27, 2024, 05:22:00 PM

Author Topic: Jack Wilshere is THE TRUTH!  (Read 7279 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Wilshere is THE TRUTH!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
Charlie Nicholas on Setanta sayin dat the most impressive thing with this group of players is how gifted they are on the ball. The angles they position themselves at, their comfort on the ball, the way they protect the ball.  He say Wilshere is 16 and he tiny.  But already, he is maybe second to Deco who he thinks is the best protector of the ball in the game.  

He say people think a big man could easily brush yuh off de ball and is all about strength.  He say dat is not so.  What Wilshere shows is about technique, comfort on the ball, yuh angles and positioning is what really important.

Andre Toussaint....yuh should take note.

I thought yuh woulda drop Keon Daniel name in here at some point
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Jack Wilshire is THE TRUTH!
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »
Palos..yuh large hoss. Yuh amending de globe dey. And calling dat shot for de ress of the board too :devil:

Yeah..I know it off topic, but it kinda interesting: British people are people from the UK. But the UK and Britain are not the same thing. Britain, is basically only the island with England, Scotland and Wales. The UK is Britain, plus Northern Ireland. So NI is part of the UK, but not part of Britain ??? So if yuh ever in one of them British bars on trivia night and they ask what people are widely regarded as British, but they aren't from Britain..it's the Northern Irish  ;D

And yeah..once yuh from the Republic of Ireland, yuh neither from Britain, nor are yuh British. However..Ireland, which consists of the Republic and Northern ireland, along with Britain are known as the British isles for geographic texts. Clear? The message board has been warned. carry on ;)

If yuh eh mind, please construct a Venn diagram to represent that data.
please and thanx.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
what BS.. ask charlie nicholas if he ever watch men like Bojan and Busquets..

And if he was really second to Deco how come he not starting for Arsenal?

I'll get right on dat.  Doh go nowhere eh.  Ah comin back wit de answer.

As fuh why he not startin fuh Arsenal....perhaps protecting de ball is but one aspect of de game?  But daz jes a wile guess on my part.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 04:18:11 PM »
well who would he replace in the Arsenal lineup.
Week in, week out that youth would get bang up and be on the physio's table more than in the starting lineup.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »

Yes...technically he not British...but when I say British...it include de 2 Irelands, England, Wales, and Scotland.  Ah probably wrong, but I tinkin daz most people on here definition of British as well.

Palos..yuh large hoss. Yuh amending de globe dey. And calling dat shot for de ress of the board too :devil:

Yeah..I know it off topic, but it kinda interesting: British people are people from the UK. But the UK and Britain are not the same thing. Britain, is basically only the island with England, Scotland and Wales. The UK is Britain, plus Northern Ireland. So NI is part of the UK, but not part of Britain ??? So if yuh ever in one of them British bars on trivia night and they ask what people are widely regarded as British, but they aren't from Britain..it's the Northern Irish  ;D

And yeah..once yuh from the Republic of Ireland, yuh neither from Britain, nor are yuh British. However..Ireland, which consists of the Republic and Northern ireland, along with Britain are known as the British isles for geographic texts. Clear? The message board has been warned. carry on ;)

Technically, Britain does include Northern Ireland. But Great Britain doesn't  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
Interesting.

Especially there have been better players since Brady and he wasn't British.

Yuh probably mean best player to come through the Arsenal youth system.

Ireland not part of Britain?  My bad.

You have your better players.  I have mine & I know exactly what I mean.

I don't think there's been a better British player since Liam Brady.  But that's just me.

I just giving yuh fatigue but yes the Republic of ireland is not part of Britain.

As for Brady it will always be subjective.

What I will say is that of all the players from the British isles, he is the only one that take his talent abroad and mash up. All others who try Hughes, Rush, Gascoigne, Lineker, Ince, Platt, Hoddle and Waddle did not make the impact he made overseas.

I would rank Hoddle with Brady though, in terms of being the best, but I know that is a minority position.

I would also rank Gascoigne as more talented than both but unfortunately he was a failure at realizing it.

Ent.  :D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

Yes...technically he not British...but when I say British...it include de 2 Irelands, England, Wales, and Scotland.  Ah probably wrong, but I tinkin daz most people on here definition of British as well.

Technically, Britain does include Northern Ireland. But Great Britain doesn't  :beermug:

Not so sure about dat Ryan. Great Britain and Britain are the same. Although technically..Great Britain is the whole island, encompassing England, Scotland and Wales whereas Britain is just England and Wales. Northern Ireland is part of Ireland, or part of the UK. Don't think it's part of Britain or Great Britain (usually one and the same in casual speak). I think you are confusing it with british Isles or british Islands..which do include all of Ireland..and are geographic terms and not used politically or legally.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:51:02 PM by Filho »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »

Not so sure about dat Ryan. Great Britain and Britain are the same. Although technically..Great Britain is the whole island, encompassing England, Scotland and Wales whereas Britain is just England and Wales. Northern Ireland is part of Ireland, or part of the UK. Don't think it's part of Britain or Great Britain (usually one and the same in casual speak). I think you are confusing it with british Isles or british Islands..which do include all of Ireland..and are geographic terms and not used politically or legally.

Great Britain is the island whereas Britain, by law, refers to all 4 countries. But in casual speak ur right, they are the same thing

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »

Great Britain is the island whereas Britain, by law, refers to all 4 countries. But in casual speak ur right, they are the same thing

Thanks Ryan. I'm obviously not a British scholar, so I pulling my facts from sources on the web. Saw that in 1975 the gov't did decree that politically, Britain could be used to refer to the UK which does include NI, but the term Great Britain referred only to the island of England Wales and Scotland. And so ends the last twist in the tail (I hope). Exam on Wed. for those who were payng attention.  :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »
What a good young player!  I think he could go on to be the best British player since Liam Brady.

Oh yeah.  He's 16 years old.

Arsenal kiddies playin sweet ball against a full strength Wigan in de Carling Cup.  Champagne football.

Another interesting tidbit.

Gibbs
Randall
Wilshere
Simpson
Ramsey
Hoyte

Besides all under 19, playing for Arsenal, and talented, are also all British.

strong statement dere Palos ...best since liam brady ??? see if yuh get dis Palos ...Man u leave out  Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore ? I en gettin into who is de best british player because Brady doh qualify but you rating ah 19 year old yute who eh win nothing yet so high  already ...yuh real good yes palos ...you have ah real good eye dere sah.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
What a good young player!  I think he could go on to be the best British player since Liam Brady.

Arsenal kiddies playin sweet ball against a full strength Wigan in de Carling Cup.  Champagne football.

Gibbs
Randall
Wilshere
Simpson
Ramsey
Hoyte

strong statement dere Palos ...best since liam brady ??? see if yuh get dis Palos ...Man u leave out  Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore ? I en gettin into who is de best british player because Brady doh qualify but you rating ah 19 year old yute who eh win nothing yet so high  already ...yuh real good yes palos ...you have ah real good eye dere sah.

1 - Both Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton were before Liam Brady's time.

2 - Wilshere is 16...not 19.

3 - SH & I dentified Keon Daniel as a superior talent and one who would be "Next" for T&T after Latas.  We also identified Kevon Neaves as another excellent youth player along with Julius James.

4 - Yes.  I also identified Seon Power as a player with tremendous potential and same with Makan Hislop and I maintain my stance on dem predictions.  8)

5 - I also said that Carlos Edwards would light up the EPL.  So much for that.  :-[
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:31:07 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 06:43:05 AM »
Putting aside all rivalry & bias and looking at football from a pure footballing basis. How
anyone can say Wenger is not a good coach is beyond me. To have two sides playing
the kind of brand on display must take someone who know what they doing. Obviously
the players have the talent to play in that manner as well, but what I admire most is
the freedom allowed them to put it on display.  :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 08:00:39 AM »

Gibbs
Randall
Wilshere
Simpson
Ramsey
Hoyte

1 - Both Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton were before Liam Brady's time.

2 - Wilshere is 16...not 19.

3 - SH & I dentified Keon Daniel as a superior talent and one who would be "Next" for T&T after Latas.  We also identified Kevon Neaves as another excellent youth player along with Julius James.

4 - Yes.  I also identified Seon Power as a player with tremendous potential and same with Makan Hislop and I maintain my stance on dem predictions.  8)

5 - I also said that Carlos Edwards would light up the EPL.  So much for that.  :-[

You really have ah real good eye dere sah !

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »
Putting aside all rivalry & bias and looking at football from a pure footballing basis. How
anyone can say Wenger is not a good coach is beyond me. To have two sides playing
the kind of brand on display must take someone who know what they doing. Obviously
the players have the talent to play in that manner as well, but what I admire most is
the freedom allowed them to put it on display.  :applause:

Nobody ever says that Wenger is not a good coach. Wenger has a great eye for talent and has a great vision of how football should be played and how players should be developed

BUT

He is not coaching at Ajax, Saprissa or Tahuichi. The name of the game is not to develop excellent 16 – 19 year olds and then send them elsewhere, but to win titles.

Wenger will have the same problem with these youths that he has had over the past couple years, he has no big, established, winners in his side to guide them while he introduces them.

For all the teams they beat in the Carling Cup last year this same side plus the graduates Denilson, Traore, Djourou and company get 5 from Spurs in the semis. There is just no substitute for experience and you could bring in one, two or three good youngsters alongside big players and they will flourish. 5 and 6 and they will only learn by years of getting licks.

Fabregas is a boss. He start playing at 16 alongside Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Henry and Campbell. A perfenct education for a footballer and now we see the rewards. Wilshire is 16 too, but put him in the current fickle Arsenal side and he will learn the hard, long way.

So Wenger will have to put them out there and they learn together by getting several years of decent licks (by Arsenal standards this could be year 2 or year 3 of that process) but the fans and press will continue to jam them.

Everybody does talk about the kids that SAF put out in the 90’s but he put 4 or 5 players in a side with proven winners around them Keane, Bruce, Pallister, Cole, Irwin, Giggs, Schmeichel. Wenger either wait too long or didn’t anticpate that the likes of Toure, Senderos, Van Persie and Almunia couldn’t bridge the leadership gap between the last team he had (Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg etc) and these youngsters. Or the players he was grooming at that time, the group with Bentley, Aliadiere and Lupoli, didn’t develop as planned. Either way he has a problem now if the goal is to win a title now.

What Wenger is trying to do is admirable. If it works it will be unique. To have a system where the first team is the best in the world and every year or two years you roll in 2 or 3  homegrown players and roll out 2 or 3 that long in the tooth. Yuh wouldn’t have to worry about transfer fees or players knowing system or wanting to play for the club. Once the club is winning and playing “better football than Brazil” (©Palos) they could dominate for a decade, easy.

But right now it is stop start because they not wining and they not willing ot pay for a solid core to begin with. Flamini and Hleb wnet through they growing pains and buss it. Adebayor looking to do the same thing and even Fabregas making noises about Barca. If them 2 gone he have to start over. The short term stop gap to keep players who not winning is money so Wenger have to make up his mind whether he want to splash some cash for big players or wait a little longer.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
After all yuh say dey, what is your point. Arsenal under Wenger eh win nutten in 3 years! Ok fine! So only three teams win in the last three years, so everybody else eh no good. Now back to the quality of football on display, because I eh talk about age at all.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 10:55:14 AM »
After all yuh say dey, what is your point. Arsenal under Wenger eh win nutten in 3 years! Ok fine! So only three teams win in the last three years, so everybody else eh no good. Now back to the quality of football on display, because I eh talk about age at all.

Easy sah.

You ask how people coiuld criticise Wenger's coaching. I put forward that people don't do that. The play of Wenger's teams have been praised for years now.

Where the criticism comes from is that they have not been winning titles and people question whether (or when) will his methods, as excellent as the football is, result in what every big club wants? Trophies.

Age comes up because again Wenger is praised for the fact that he gets young players to play so well. The age of his playerss is critical to how he can influence the way they play, but on the flip side limits how soon they can win.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 11:00:39 AM »
wey dey silverware.??...  nah really good young players...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

Easy sah.

You ask how people coiuld criticise Wenger's coaching. I put forward that people don't do that. The play of Wenger's teams have been praised for years now.

Where the criticism comes from is that they have not been winning titles and people question whether (or when) will his methods, as excellent as the football is, result in what every big club wants? Trophies.

Age comes up because again Wenger is praised for the fact that he gets young players to play so well. The age of his playerss is critical to how he can influence the way they play, but on the flip side limits how soon they can win.

All I saying is where all this talk come from on winning & youth policy tralala. Quite frankly I do not care. When I watching a game I watching the product on the field and I want to enjoy the game. That is why I cannot and do not watch certain teams play. They show me nothing I value in football.  Now if all I cared about is silver, then I would simply check the scores on internet see who win or lose at the end of the games. Then cheups and continue to indulge my time on other pleasures.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 12:01:08 PM »

Easy sah.

All I saying is where all this talk come from on winning & youth policy tralala. Quite frankly I do not care. When I watching a game I watching the product on the field and I want to enjoy the game. That is why I cannot and do not watch certain teams play. They show me nothing I value in football.  Now if all I cared about is silver, then I would simply check the scores on internet see who win or lose at the end of the games. Then cheups and continue to indulge my time on other pleasures.

Yuh seem to think that I was criticising your post. I agree that Arsenal play good ball. I merely use your post as a jumping point for the issue of why why people question Wenger, including those, like yourself, who appreciate good football.

As for the "tralala". That is kinda the way things work on the board. One post leads to an idea or two in another, not necessarily identical, post and so on and so forth. Next time I will save yuh the horrors and not quote yuh because you seem to think that everything in my post must relate directly to the things contained in yours, and nothing else.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:56 PM »

doh butcher the man career at arsenal to three years, in those three years w ehave been to a final and semi final, andconsistently maintained champs league qualification and progression to knock out and quarter fianl stage, its not enough but it ain't abject failure

also compare his trophy cabinet to rafa's what one champs league and a carling cup??

against two doubles, few fa cups, champs lg final, carling final, undeatn season, 49 games unbeaten yeah i'd say wenger is a crock, a crock that 18 other prem managers wish they were

1]; } ?>