April 25, 2024, 01:10:28 AM

Author Topic: Yohance Marshall Thread  (Read 14137 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yohance Marshall.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 07:52:41 PM »
Thanks

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 09:18:37 PM »
My stream in consistent. He looks confident.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 08:48:33 PM »
http://www.popcorn11.com/tijuana-vs-murcielagos-en-vivo.html/

yohance live vs tijuana second game of copa mx

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 10:08:45 PM »
Scored. A good header off a corner.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 10:21:54 PM »
miguel herrera will never forget him. first mexico, now tijuana

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 06:38:45 AM »
WATCH: Yohance Marshall scores his first goal for Murciélagos FC against Club Tijuana in the Copa MX.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EFg9MDFfipk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EFg9MDFfipk</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2016, 08:49:17 AM »
He was involved in all the goals. The life of a defender is tough oui. Not much he could have done to prevent the goals. On the first one he lost sight of the ball and by the time he blinked it was in the net.
The second one most times the shooter is going to hit for the far post so I doh blame him for blocking that way.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »
Yesterday was the first Mexican league match of Marshall that I watched and I was impressed by two things. Firstly Marshall looked technically sound. He didn't stumble on the ball, he didn't panic and made good decisions on the ball. I don't think he was caught in possession once vs a good Tijuana team. Secondly it seemed like Marshall was a leader on the team, others seemed to defer to him and I found this interesting because that league can be hard on foreigners. Does anyone know if Marshall speaks Spanish well because that would help to explain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »
Yesterday was the first Mexican league match of Marshall that I watched and I was impressed by two things. Firstly Marshall looked technically sound. He didn't stumble on the ball, he didn't panic and made good decisions on the ball. I don't think he was caught in possession once vs a good Tijuana team. Secondly it seemed like Marshall was a leader on the team, others seemed to defer to him and I found this interesting because that league can be hard on foreigners. Does anyone know if Marshall speaks Spanish well because that would help to explain.

Merely in the interest of clarity: The match v. Tijuana was a Copa MX game, not an Ascenso MX match. The difference being akin to an encounter during a FA Cup round v. a regular league match in the Championship.

Tijuana is a Liga MX club (top flight) and Murciélagos is an Ascenso MX squad ( the division below).

Competency will develop automatically from being in a training environment in which the player is exposed to the vocabulary of football.

Recently, I was out to grab a bite. I look up, Patrick Viera is standing next to me on his phone discussing a player in competent Italian. Players will pick it up.

Also, there was recent mention of Yohance wearing the armband.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:48:39 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 03:28:24 PM »

Merely in the interest of clarity: The match v. Tijuana was a Copa MX game, not an Ascenso MX match. The difference being akin to an encounter during a FA Cup round v. a regular league match in the Championship.

Tijuana is a Liga MX club (top flight) and Murciélagos is an Ascenso MX squad ( the division below).

Competency will develop automatically from being in a training environment in which the player is exposed to the vocabulary of football.

Recently, I was out to grab a bite. I look up, Patrick Viera is standing next to me on his phone discussing a player in competent Italian. Players will pick it up.

Also, there was recent mention of Yohance wearing the armband.

Good point, also he did play in El Salvador before.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 11:11:29 PM »
The commentators on TV said repeatedly that Marshall should play in Liga MX.

Tijuana's coach is Miguel Herrera, former Mexico's coach at last WC and Gold Cup.

I am surprised he is not starting on the National Team. Ascenso MX is clearly a step above NASL and perhaps even the bottom MLS teams.

If he makes it to play in Liga MX in June (Tijuana now would be a possibility, but it will get a chance to showcase vs Atlas as well in the Cup), it would be huge. Probably no Caribbean player has ever played in Liga MX which remains a league above the MLS.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 03:34:43 AM »
Marshall nets opening goal in Mexican League.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National Senior Team defender Yohance Marshall notched his first goal for Mexican club Murcielagos in a 2-1 defeat to Tijuana in the Mexican Ascenso MX Second division League.

Marshall scored a header to put his team ahead before a sizeable crowd. Even more interesting the head coach of the Tijuana team is ex-Mexican head coach Miguel Herrera who was also in charge of “El Tri” when Marshall headed in a last gasp goal to secure a 4-4 draw for T&T during the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

“The first goal came at a good time but to little avail,” Marshall said.

That was also the first team goal for the season so far.

“It's been a rough start for the first couple games of the season where we've been playing decent football but just can't get any results so far. We just need to stay focused and continue to believe that we're going to get results and put in the work and it'll come.”

Commenting on the goal itself, Marshall, formerly of LA Galaxy, added:

“We usually run a play for corners and I changed it last minute and told the guys to run free. I made a first post run and the ball arrived in my path and I got up and connected and didn't look back. Funny enough it was another header against Herrera.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »

We usually run a play for corners and I changed it last minute and told the guys to run free. I made a first post run and the ball arrived in my path and I got up and connected and didn't look back. Funny enough it was another header against Herrera.”

Yohance walk in and take over de people and dem team yes!  ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »
LIVE Yohance Marshall and Murcielagos vs Celaya. Kick off in 30 mins.  http://www.popcorn11.com/celaya-vs-murcielagos-en-vivo.html/

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2016, 09:48:13 PM »
WATCH LIVE Yohance Marshall and Murciealgos FC vs Atletico San Luis. Kick off in 15 mins: http://hrivx.blogspot.com/p/6.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2016, 01:11:50 PM »
WATCH LIVE Yohance Marshall and Murciealgos FC vs Atletico San Luis. Kick off in 15 mins: http://hrivx.blogspot.com/p/6.html

They held on for dear life. San Luis hit the crossbar once and the uprights a couple times. On the other end, Murciélagos hit the crossbar once, but they were generally more on the back foot.

Apparently 4-4-2 in a diamond. Yohance as the right-sided central defender in the Back Four. He made several aerial clearances; however, practically all were not under any notable pressure/difficult circumstances.

The GK behind him is a mess. There were several deliveries that the GK "came for" but ended up stranded and adding unnecessary complexity for the defence. He demonstrated more shot blocking ability reflexively than fully rounded confidence in commanding his duties. When one considers that the forwards are neither sharp nor particularly dangerous individually, it means that Murciélagos has critical issues at both ends of the production line. This is a team that will not see promotion this term. The goal they scored came from individual commitment to the ball and nothing else (well, aside from help via San Luis' keeper's possible pre-judgement and over-commitment to the play).

In general, there was more than infrequent evidence of confusion (or a lack of clarity collectively) in the defence and not a clear identity with respect to ball circulation across all sectors of the field.

Yohance showed some glimpses with respect to vertical passes that could generate attacking sequences. A lot of his tasks required reading the game and positional play, but given some of the deficiencies in the cast of characters around him, there were some exposing moments that rest on collective issues rather than exclusively individual decision-making.

As much as he seems to be enjoying the experience and camaraderie of his teammates, my view is that baller needs more of a "challenge" with a team that is not struggling to find its way (as is Murciélagos).

EDIT: Female ref. Creditable shift. Towards the end of the match frustration/indiscipline started to creep in ... especially within the San Luis ranks (I was surprised when #9 didn't suffer when he touched her as he protested a call). Generally got all of the key incidents correct, but made a notable error on a call (in an advanced area) that should have favoured ASL. 

You can see Yohance's leadership qualities in a variety of situations.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:19:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2016, 09:17:50 AM »
Nice analysis. The team has been struggling to say the least in the Clausura. Murcielagos B meanwhile is first in its group although Britto has been sidelined the last two games with an injury.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »
Watch Yohance Marshall and Murcielagos vs Leones Negros de Guadalajara (top of the table) LIVE NOW http://www.udgtv.com

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »
Yohance live now with Murcielagos vs Alebrijes: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murcielagosfc

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2016, 10:26:19 PM »
Yohance live now with Murcielagos vs Alebrijes: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murcielagosfc
falta marshall :)

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 04:51:03 PM »
Yohance Marshall and Murcielagos live now vs Lobos BUAP: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murcielagosfc

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
WATCH: Yohance Marshall scores the final goal in Murciélagos FC’s 5-0 rout of Correcaminos UAT.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JTY63iFnHgU?start=137" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JTY63iFnHgU?start=137</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »
Murciélagos FC defender Yohance Marshall named to the Ascenso MX Team of the Week (#14). Yohance was a stalwart in defence and contributed offensively with a goal and assist in his team’s 5-0 clobbering of Correcaminos UAT.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2016, 07:34:35 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of defender Yohance Marshall’s first season in the Ascenso MX with Murciélagos FC. Includes some footage of his two appearances for Trinidad and Tobago vs Mexico in 2015.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yKN5rl_1Ueo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yKN5rl_1Ueo</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2016, 08:01:15 AM »
Niceness! :applause:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2016, 01:35:12 PM »
Good Stuff

Our boys need more videos like this for exposure
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2016, 03:25:05 PM »
Ah seeing Yohance Marshall happily engaged with training at his club with no apparent trace of injury (see the club's twitter feed).

Decision of non-inclusion v. Dom Republic and Martinique based on grounds other than injury? Yuh never know, that passport thief gets around. :devil:

Or maybe iz 'tief head'. :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:34:51 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2016, 09:41:17 PM »
Ah seeing Yohance Marshall happily engaged with training at his club with no apparent trace of injury (see the club's twitter feed).

Decision of non-inclusion v. Dom Republic and Martinique based on grounds other than injury? Yuh never know, that passport thief gets around. :devil:

Or maybe iz 'tief head'. :P

Makes no sense. He has been one of the best defenders in Ascenso MX. MLS has great marketing for sure because level wise is no better than Ascenso.

1]; } ?>