April 19, 2024, 01:05:30 PM

Author Topic: Henry: I'd Love Gerrard Link-Up!  (Read 1223 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Henry: I'd Love Gerrard Link-Up!
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has revealed he would have loved to play in the same side as Liverpool's captain fantastic Steven Gerrard.
Gunners hero Theirry Henry has often stated that Anfield is a special footballing arena, prompting wild rumours that the striker would be packing his bags for Liverpool when the transfer window opened.

The Barcelona and France forward has now admitted that one of the footballers he admires the most, and one whom he wished he could play in the same side with, is Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard.
It is coming up to ten years since Gerrard made his debut in a Reds shirt, and Henry first played on the same pitch as the scouser in August 1999.

The Kid Comes Good

The north London side left Merseyside with zero points after suffering a 2-0 defeat, but Henry walked off the pitch asking international team-mate Patrick Vieira who the 'kid in midfield' was. The answer his compatriot gave was: "Steven Gerrard... He is going to be brilliant."

In an interview with Liverpool's official website, Henry also spoke of his relationship with the Reds' number 8, and what history will make of the influential Champions League winning 28-year old.

"I played against Liverpool and Stevie G many times, and when you appreciate a player so much and see them at every game, you talk. I always told him how much I admired him and he said the same to me. We exchanged numbers and kept in touch from there," Henry said, explaining how the pair's friendship blossomed.

Regarding the possibility of Henry playing for Liverpool alongside Gerrard, Arsenal's record goalscorer explained: "It was mentioned but it would have been difficult for me to go to another Premier League club after Arsenal. We talked about it but nothing was in it, really. It was just us talking about our wishes.

"He is an inspiration," Henry continued. "He reminds me of Patrick Vieira in that he doesn't talk too much. He just does what he does. He inspires Liverpool without talking. I find it a disgrace that he didn't win European Football of the Year in 2005 after Istanbul. For me, he is one of the best ever."

Gerrard = Liverpool

Concerning Gerrard's continuing status as a one-club man, Henry mentioned: "It happens more in England than in other countries. There is a thing in England where people want to play for their hometown team and be the local hero - be like the people they used to look up to."

Henry believes what Gerrard has accomplished in the game after ten years is 'amazing': "He has been everywhere for 10 years: putting his foot in, scoring goals, passing and being committed to his club. No one can ever doubt his commitment to Liverpool.
"He, for me, is Liverpool," the French legend concluded.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Henry: I'd Love Gerrard Link-Up!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »
Ah doh know if de title of this thread was Henry's actual words but that could be interpreted different ways.  Ah hope is football he talking about. :rotfl:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »
he could stay in Barcelona on my part yes..steups
we ent want no French moaners
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »
Nah man..we have time for Henry....bring him Liverpool.....yuh tink Manure aint lookin to pounce on tis too...

We goe take him with open shoulders....Henry is class man...inside and outside football..he goe wear we stripes well.....

Come bredda... :notworthy:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »
We have room.  And if not, we will make room. ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 01:35:37 PM »
We have room.  And if not, we will make room. ;D

I am Bakes, and I approve of this message.

1]; } ?>