March 28, 2024, 04:08:31 PM

Author Topic: Shahdon Winchester Thread  (Read 45016 times)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester scores three goals on Celtic trial.
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2010, 07:29:29 AM »
dont let dem know what latapy doing these days

LOL hahahahahaha. ;D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2010, 07:33:33 AM »
good stuff....

i really hope he gets through
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline HEARNAR

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
Just keep your eyes on the prize.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
in a nutshell, this youth is the nex best ting commin out ah T&T or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »

Thought that was Hyland Peltier DaSilva Daniel ...................
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »

Thought that was Hyland Peltier DaSilva Daniel ...................

a harsh dose of reality
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2010, 02:10:47 PM »
Over hyped. But i still hope he succeeds

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
dont let dem know what latapy doing these days

LOL hahahahahaha. ;D

Alllyuh dread...Latapy shoulda blank the T&T post and look for a coaching job with small club in Scotland instead.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
AYR united lol....someone need to tell de author that Ayr is a place not an abbreviation.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
Glad this youthman making the most out of his opportunities, but in the meantime...keep building up your rep with Connection.

Hoping for similar things from Jerrel Britto soon. Cordell Cato is another one to look out for, he small but speedy and skilfull.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

AirMan

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
Hopefully him get contract

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2010, 07:20:40 AM »
AYR united lol....someone need to tell de author that Ayr is a place not an abbreviation.

Damn nuttin' does pass allyuh jed...honest mistake- pretty reasonable to think that Ayr is an acronym if you don't live in the UK or if you've never heard of them...

Back in 1989, some Americans thought that they were playing 2 games in one day when their schedule said November 19- USA v Trinidad and Tobago. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2010, 07:45:47 AM »
Glad this youthman making the most out of his opportunities, but in the meantime...keep building up your rep with Connection.

Hoping for similar things from Jerrel Britto soon. Cordell Cato is another one to look out for, he small but speedy and skilfull.
Two impressive players. Britto has a lot of potential. Jeron Quashie is another good young player we can expect big things from  8)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »
Trinidadian starlet will have to wait for Celtic decision
sport.stv.tv

Shahdon Winchester has completed his trial at Celtic but hopes for a recall.

Wait and see: Shahdon Winchester says Celtic may come in for him in January. Pic: © SNS Group

Shahdon Winchester has returned to Trinidad after completing a 17-day trial with Celtic. The W Connection striker says he has been told the Glasgow club may make contact again in January with a view to a permanent move.

The 18-year old, who has already been capped at full international level by Trinidad and Tobago coach Russell Latapy, trained with both the Under-19s and the first team at Lennoxtown. Playing with the youth team in bounce games he scored twice against a Motherwell XI and once in a 7-0 win over Ayr United.

"It was a memorable experience to see how the Celtic players carry about themselves, how they train, what they do before training and after training, and just their general approach,” he told the Trinidad Express. “I also had the chance to talk and train with players like Samaras.

"I trained the first three days with the Under-19 team and then spent the rest of the time with the first team, which is when I played in two matches and got the goals in the wins over Motherwell and Ayr.”

Winchester said he had been encouraged by the response of the club’s fans and that he had been told by Celtic that although a decision had not been reached on a transfer, they would keep an eye on his progress and may make a move in the next transfer window.

"All the fans wanted to know what was going on, whether I will be signing with the club, and, yes, they did bring up Trinidad and Tobago because they know about some of the players we have had in Scotland," he said.

"So far the feedback has been positive. The club president spoke to me before I left and he said they will continue to monitor me and will make a decision on whether they call me back in January."

Before travelling to Glasgow, the young forward had already scored twice in three matches for his club this season. He picked up valuable experience playing in the CONCACAF Champions League last year and has been capped at various international levels.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »

As I recall, two or three years later we all still waiting to hear from Portsmouth about Britto (and Hyland).  My point being that one of the problems with these non-transfer window trials is that you almost never hear anything definitive once they over unless they do eventually sign.  Same thing with Baptiste and Ipswich.  Until something is heard from Celtic themselves I'm not going to hold my breath.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:07:06 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:30 PM »

As I recall, two or three years later we all still waiting to hear from Portsmouth about Britto (and Hyland).  My point being that one of the problems with these non-transfer window trials is that you almost never hear anything definitive once they over unless they do eventually sign.  Same thing with Baptiste and Ipswich.  Until something is heard from Celtic themselves I'm not going to hold my breath.

Exactly. A youth could  loose focus expecting that they finally make it...and get crushed when dissapointment hits. You really have to wonder what happened to youths like Aaron Downing, Jamal Gay and Kevon Neaves...

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2010, 02:58:01 AM »
Hope he get through wish people would stop over hyping him though he talented but not in the mould of some of our former players.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester off to Celtic FC on 2 week trial.
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »
Any news on this?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
Hmmmm any news ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »
Hmmmm any news ?

Well when IC D thread I say iz news but I wrong like an o
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »
..looks like a ...dont call us ...we'll call you ...sit tight

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Winchester off to trial in Europe.
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:38 AM »
Saw him Saturday and he said he is going to Finland. He did not want to tell me the club, but its a club in the Finish Premier League.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Winchester off to trial in Europe.
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2013, 08:02:45 AM »
Nice. Love news like this. Export players at a controlled rate, get transfer fees for the clubs and let the stars in waiting on de bench get a first team spot,  meanwhile Europe and anywhere else gets primed that T&T is the place to look for talent.  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Hart for president

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
Shahdon off for Finland trials
Wired868.com

DIRECTV W Connection attacker Shahdon Winchester should join the Pro League’s European exodus on Monday when he leaves for Finland and a trial with top flight club, FF Jaro.

Winchester has already agreed personal terms with Jaro but will spend two weeks there to see how he acclimatises with the Finnish conditions.  It is minus-20 degrees Celsius at the moment in Finland, which is a remarkable 50 degree drop in temperature from Trinidad and Tobago.

If the talented 20-year-old attacker can cope, he will kick start an overseas career that has comprised of several unsuccessful trials at more recognisable clubs like Scotland’s Celtic and Portugal’s Sporting Braga.

Jaro escaped relegation from the Finland Premier League by just one point last season and finished 11th from 12 participating teams.

Winchester has certainly been on a hot streak in Trinidad this season. He scored seven of Connection’s 15 Pro League goals and is second among the League’s top marksmen.

Jaro and Connection will hope he sizzles in sub-zero Finland too.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:36:52 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »
Poor Shahdon ,minus 20 below zero in shorts burrrrr.Its minus 7 here and i dont want to go out .only christian school girls wear short skirts in minus 20,

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »
On the bright side, he already had trials in Europe so hopefully he got to experience the cold weather before?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2013, 07:22:25 AM »
Akil DeFreitas is/was with the same Club (FF Jaro).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »
I hope he received feedback as to why his prior trials were unsuccessful. The biological clock is ticking. Ah doh want to say it's now or never, but ... as far as Europe goes, there is a sell-by date.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2013, 08:33:34 AM »
I hope he received feedback as to why his prior trials were unsuccessful. The biological clock is ticking. Ah doh want to say it's now or never, but ... as far as Europe goes, there is a sell-by date.

Here are some comments made during his trial last year with Norwegian club, FK Haugesund:

It will be exciting to see him when we get properly started. We have received good reports on him, but we are unsure of the level...
http://www.h-avis.no/sport/fevang-kommer-ikke-1.7117386

He is not very mobile, but when he moves, it makes sense. He is good in nærspillet, strong, explosive and resilient, but are probably used to a different playing culture. We must use good week to see if he's anything for us…
http://www.h-avis.no/sport/forventer-mer-av-winchester-1.7118319

They saw the Trinidad & Tobago striker Shahdon Winchester in action for FKH the last ten minutes of the match. He impressed not significant.
http://www.h-avis.no/sport/fkh-vant-mot-strommen-1.7120361

Sample Player Shahdon Winchester left La Manga yesterday without contract. He was never close to convince FKHs coaching team.
http://www.h-avis.no/sport/fkh-slo-ranheim-1.7131569
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>