April 19, 2024, 12:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Raps Fire Sam Mitchell  (Read 2083 times)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Raps Fire Sam Mitchell
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/12/03/mitchell.raptors.ap/index.html

TORONTO (AP) -- The Toronto Raptors have fired coach Sam Mitchell one day after the team absorbed an embarrassing loss at Denver.

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo says assistant Jay Triano has been promoted to interim coach. Triano's first game as coach is Friday night at Utah.

Colangelo calls Wednesday's move a difficult but necessary step.

Toronto is 8-9 after it lost 132-93 at Denver on Tuesday night -- the fifth-worst defeat in franchise history.

Mitchell was 156-189 in four-plus seasons as Raptors coach. He was honored as the NBA's coach of the year for the 2006-07 season.

Triano is in his seventh season on the Raptors' coaching staff. He becomes the seventh coach in franchise history.

B/S if you ask me. Looks like Colangelo and Mitchell never got along from the get go so at the first chance he see, he let him go.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raps Fire Sam Mitchell
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:36:18 PM »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:38:37 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:14:43 PM »
I think hes a good coach

De man make coach of the year with a rag tag bunch of misfits a couple seasons ago

The NBA is an industry where yuh cyah really fire the players..so somebody hadda be the fall guy...say wha he go get ah wukk somewhere else
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »
I think hes a good coach

De man make coach of the year with a rag tag bunch of misfits a couple seasons ago

The NBA is an industry where yuh cyah really fire the players..so somebody hadda be the fall guy...say wha he go get ah wukk somewhere else

he's just the latest in a series of coach of the year winners to get fired - sam mitchell, avery johnson, mike d'antoni, rick carlisle (gotten fired now the mavs have him). it seems that credit goes to the coach first when a team does well then when things dont go as expected after then suddenly the players are great and the coach can't coach. it's tough on coaches but they all will bounce back - i think it was doug collins who said you havent started coaching until you get fired.

him and avery will get jobs again soon.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »
What good coach Dutty ,u know he was ask once ,if he gonna work on the fast break and he said ,the dont work on fast breaks  :o.
Watching the game now ,and already they down at the half,and Trino clapping ,sam woulda been moping back  to the locker ,telling them they need more practice ....Practice he talking about practice .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »
Q  I sense yuh happy wit d firin of Mitchell
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>