April 24, 2024, 01:08:59 PM

Author Topic: Makesi Lewis Thread  (Read 20788 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Makesi Lewis Thread
« on: September 18, 2005, 06:33:11 AM »
Makesi Lewis double does it for Fatima.
By Kwame Williams (Guardian).

Two goals from Makesi Lewis ensured that Fatima College kept up its 100 per cent record in the North Zone of the Secondary Schools Football League yesterday.
Lewis, midfielder Emmanuel Joseph and defender Marvin James were the goal scorers for Fatima, as the team overcame QRC 4-0 in an action-packed encounter on Fatima Grounds, Mucurapo.
Prior to yesterday’s round of matches, Fatima and QRC were the only teams in the zone that took maximum points from their first three matches. Fatima, however, topped the table with a better goal difference.
From the outset, Fatima took the game to its opponents. Lewis and strike partner, Chad De Freitas, were causing problems for the QRC defence and it was therefore no surprise when, in the tenth minute, Fatima was awarded a penalty kick for an infringement on Lewis. James converted.
Joseph doubled Fatima’s advantage in the 42nd minute, pouncing on a goalkeeping error by QRC’s Keron Superville.
The second half saw much of the same,Fatima keeping up the pressure and QRC failing to create any significant opportunities. Fatima’s forays resulted in another goal in the 66th, when Lewis skilfully turned on his marker and beat Superville on his near post with a well-placed shot. Lewis was back at in the 74th, when hard work from De Freitas left him with nothing to do but tap the ball into an empty net.
The lanky front-man should have had his hat-trick about five minutes later, but hit over the bar after Superville spilled the ball at his feet. That was how it ended.
De Freitas scores four, St Anthony’s striker Akil De Freitas was on target four times for the “Tigers”, as the three-time InterCol champs thumped bottom-of-the-table Tranquility 7-1. Jonathon Glenn (2) and Kerron Sutton (1) also scored for the winners.

Results:

East:

St Augustine Senior 11 (Shastri Spencer 3, Emmanuel Alexander, Mark Alibey, John Stewart, Jesse Davis, Daniel Joseph, Joel Williams, Elton John, own goal) vs St George’s 0.

El Dorado 4 (Dwight Critchlow 2, Jamal Gay, Kendell Allen) vs Malabar 0.

San Juan 4 (Elijah Manners 2, Kadeem Gibbs 2) vs Arima 0.

South:

Naparima College 1 vs Fyzabad Composite 0.

P. Town Senior 1 vs St Benedicts College 0.

Central:

Marabella Junior 3 vs Union Claxton Bay 0.

Chaguanas Senior 1 vs Tabaquite 0.

North:

Tranquility 1 vs St Anthony’s 7 (A. De Freitas 4, J. Glenn 2, K. Sutton 1).

St Mary’s 0 vs Malick 1.

Fatima 4 (M. James, E. Joseph, M. Lewis 2) vs QRC 0.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:31:47 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Makesi Lewis double does it for Fatima.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 06:45:08 AM »
F A T I M A  go FATIMA go!!!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:25:51 AM »
Tranquill is a waste of north zone space

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 07:58:32 AM »

You is de new KND, de new triniman

Yuh is ah waste ah break.

why yuh so damn negative?

And dotish?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 08:04:06 AM »
MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »

And dotish?

ASK ANYBODY ABOUT D QUALITY OF TRANQUIL
YOU WAS DERE FOR ANY OF DERE MATCHES????
UNTIL YOU SEE DEM PLAY DEN TALK TO ME ..A PRIMARY SCHOOL TEAM COULD BEAT DEM
ASSHOLE

DEY HAVE MUCH MORE SECONDARY SCHOOLS THAT NOT IN THE LEAGUE THAT DESERVE THEIR SPOT
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 11:27:44 AM by Latas is d boss »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 11:27:37 AM »

And dotish?

ASK ANYBODY D QUALITY OF TRANQUIL
ASSHOLE

DEY HAVE MUCH MORE SECONDARY SCHOOLS THAT NOT IN THE LEAGUE THAT DESERVE THEIR SPOT

How did they get up there ? Didn't they qualify/get promoted ?.............If yes, then it's unfair to say that there are other schools that deserve their spot.......If they were up there last year, and just have a weak team this year, they'll probably prop up the table, get demoted, and make way for another team next year, so it works out in the end....

GO FATIMA !!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 11:31:02 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 11:28:23 AM »
NAH THEY DIDNT QUALIFY THEY WERE JUST CHOSEN

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 11:30:21 AM »
NAH THEY DIDNT QUALIFY THEY WERE JUST CHOSEN

Yeah well in that case..............I eh know what to tell yuh. I haven't seen them play, but they obviously strugglin'

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 11:36:57 AM »
Come Naps Take it to Dem

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 02:36:49 PM »
MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK MALICK :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Wasn't there a serious ass killer from the 70s in TT calld Malck.

Ent dey hang him in Woodford Sq.??  :devil:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »
Ah thought QRC would at least give we a lil sweat and ting....oh well.

BTW Fatima Crew...i suppose all yuh notice thew last three wins take place at home...let's see what happens when we play away from home.

Peace,
VB

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 02:53:41 PM »

BTW Fatima Crew...i suppose all yuh notice thew last three wins take place at home...let's see what happens when we play away from home.

Peace,
VB

Good point.......though I never found that home ground advantage in College's league really made that much of a difference........

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 11:02:04 AM »

Peace,
VB

Good point.......though I never found that home ground advantage in College's league really made that much of a difference........

Nah dred...it depends on what school yuh talking bout. I remember in the late 80's any team playing San Jaun in "book" it was trouble. Also when it rain in Moka, any game aginst Trinity was unpredictable no matter how bad Trinity record was.
well yes

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »

Peace,
VB

Nah dred...it depends on what school yuh talking bout. I remember in the late 80's any team playing San Jaun in "book" it was trouble. Also when it rain in Moka, any game aginst Trinity was unpredictable no matter how bad Trinity record was.

I hear yuh........I guess I meant in the case of Fatima (sorry I wasn't clear).......our results at home were never significantly better than our away results (in my time at least)........from my recollection as a player and a supporter......

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:44:49 PM by kicker »

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 12:02:13 PM »

I hear yuh........I guess I meant in the case of Fatima (sorry I wasn't clear).......our results at home were never significantly better than our away results (in my time at least)........from my recollection as a player and a supporter......

True...CIC, Fatima, QRC...any given day any team would beat the other on any ground. Again, back in my day, mid to late 80s
well yes

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 01:24:06 PM »
in the north home advantage don't really mean much.  Well except when malick used to play in PSA. 

that trinity ground-no offence to ex trinity men but when it rain might as well carry scuba gear. 

come to think of it when it dry tha ground still a pain in the ass.

and yeah tranquil in a little trouble.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 07:30:52 PM »

And dotish?

ASK ANYBODY ABOUT D QUALITY OF TRANQUIL
ASSHOLE

its true tranquil is the worst side in the league but to their defense the principal in an effort to rid the school of all the delinquents has refused to grant repeats and entry into form six of their better players coupled with the fact that schools like fatima and st anothony's have taken some of their players.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 07:25:50 AM »
last time i check fatima, qrc or cic never put a gun to any youth head and make him transfer.  Them fellas make their own choices.   

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 07:33:28 AM »
Fatima does not actively GO AFTER other ballers.

Also we lost some real baller becz of substandard grades or alleged "behaviourial problems."

Barney sheppard in the mid 80s is an eg. of this.

Also some years later, they banned a player for indiscipline in the school. Colin Murray the Coach argued for him - was turned down - and Murray resigned as Coach....this youth, I don't know the name was a real star for the College.

Fatima simply doesn't play the game the way other schools do...believe me if we wanted to, we could have an All Star team.

Peace,
VB

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 07:36:50 AM »
either way-  if they do or don't a youthman could still say no.

maybe the man just want to transfer to a school he thinks is better.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 08:16:17 AM »
Fatima does not actively GO AFTER other ballers.

Also we lost some real baller becz of substandard grades or alleged "behaviourial problems."

Barney sheppard in the mid 80s is an eg. of this.

Also some years later, they banned a player for indiscipline in the school. Colin Murray the Coach argued for him - was turned down - and Murray resigned as Coach....this youth, I don't know the name was a real star for the College.

Fatima simply doesn't play the game the way other schools do...believe me if we wanted to, we could have an All Star team.

Peace,
VB

You make alot of references to fatima in the 80's......and examples of yesteryear.....I have a feeling that things may have changed. I remember when I first entered fatima (late 80's), not going after athletes was definitely a value that the school was outspoken about and stood by (for the most part)............

.........but that was slowly changing while I was there, and I have a feeling based on what I've seen and heard (my younger brother graudated fatima in 2001).....that it may have changed quite a bit from the 80's and 90's. I doubt that it's made a full 180 degree turn, but unless you're very connected to the school right now, and know what's going on in recent teams behind the scenes, you might want to be careful how strongly you're willing to put your head on a block for the ideals of FATIMA today.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:34:18 AM by kicker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 08:22:55 AM »
Kicker I leave Fatima in 99 and it was still that way... in 97 ah whole team we had training for de summer get mash up because men were denied repeats and entry to form 6...
Usually once every two or three years yuh might get ah man for football only... Marlon Rojas was it in my time... All de men that I could recall coming over to Fatima had to have de grades and they were all given ah very hard time to get in... so much so that we used to say that the administration was against de football team... jus my 2 cents on de matter

Kicker ah just put two and two together and ah know who is you and yuh brother...  I play with yuh bro... allyuh initials is DC??
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:24:43 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 08:41:49 AM »
Kicker I leave Fatima in 99 and it was still that way... in 97 ah whole team we had training for de summer get mash up because men were denied repeats and entry to form 6...
Usually once every two or three years yuh might get ah man for football only... Marlon Rojas was it in my time... All de men that I could recall coming over to Fatima had to have de grades and they were all given ah very hard time to get in... so much so that we used to say that the administration was against de football team... jus my 2 cents on de matter

Kicker ah just put two and two together and ah know who is you and yuh brother...  I play with yuh bro... allyuh initials is DC??

Cool.......well that's good to hear, especially if things haven't changed too much in the last 5yrs or so..

yeah those are my initials.... :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:45:40 AM by kicker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 08:51:15 AM »
Kicker... yuh big brother was on de Fatima Dream Team jersey from '92. That jersey was bad... yuh remember that? I tink my mother was using that de other day to polish furniture ... steups....

KND was on that jersey?? I doh remember he at all... but that was a long time ago and I was in Form one.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 09:01:47 AM »
Kicker... yuh big brother was on de Fatima Dream Team jersey from '92. That jersey was bad... yuh remember that? I tink my mother was using that de other day to polish furniture ... steups....

KND was on that jersey?? I doh remember he at all... but that was a long time ago and I was in Form one.

hahaha yeah yeah I remember that print....Reaburn and co. Yeah KND face was on it too ......but his face is not the most memorable.......unlike is posts

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 03:22:14 PM »
Goodday.............I am a Fatima Old boy too. Graduated in 2003 and my brother still goes to school there........We did bring in a few the year i played but.............it was not in the same way the Tigers did it...........All schools do it now.jus some more than others........the difference with this year and maybe 4,5 years ago is the coach...............Mac Mac.........is a real good coach...........

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 03:31:22 PM »
Who was on that 97 team????????????

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 03:39:44 PM »
Who was on that 97 team????????????

I was on tha side... yuh asking who was on de team or who get brace to repeat?

Also... you graduate from Form 6? If so you was probably in de year with Stevie and Skippy and dem

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2005, 04:35:22 PM »
Some scores from today.

Fatima   3 - 0    St. Anthony's
CIC       1 - 1    QRC
El Do    13 - 0  St. George's
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 04:37:45 PM by dcs »

1]; } ?>