April 25, 2024, 02:04:58 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 464441 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2280 on: January 27, 2013, 12:45:20 PM »
Jones do real shit on that... then the marginal offside call on the Suarez goal.  I not even mad... silverware be damned, we need to focus on 4th place now that it within range.  Everything else is trinkets and baubles.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 27, 2013, 01:44:15 PM »
Jones do real shit on that... then the marginal offside call on the Suarez goal.  I not even mad... silverware be damned, we need to focus on 4th place now that it within range.  Everything else is trinkets and baubles.

Agreed; especially if Suarez is stay at Anfield. As much as  admire his loyalty to the club, it would be difficult to resist the temptation to move to a more successful club in England or elsewhere, if Liverpool's league positions do not improve quickly.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: January 27, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »
That 3 front high pressure from Oldham had Liverpool in bits.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: January 27, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Liverfool looks like a thinly threaded team. I could have sworn I saw one of the guys tell Suarez to f**k off after he took a shot and Suarez was shouting he was open.  That was the second or third time I saw something like that from them. Don't think there is a whole lot of cohesiveness in the camp.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 27, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
Suarez should leave.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: January 27, 2013, 04:53:22 PM »

Not at all... Oldham hardly threatened, not sure which game you watched.  Liverpool concede three goals on three mistakes, all by reserve players.  On the first goal by Smith Coates was arguably fouled when Smith but his forearm on his shoulder to get leverage to go up for the cross.  Even so, Coates should have boxed him out better.  Same exact thing on the cross for the third goal when Robinson failed to keep a body on the black dude, who headed in the cross.  On Smith's second goal Jones drop an easy chest-high bouncer across the box.

Meanwhile just in the second half alone Borini missed a sitter seconds after the intermission, and Gerrard absolutely rocked the crossbar... not to mention again, the marginal offside call against Suarez.  As for Suarez,  he's enjoying one of the finest seasons of his career and it should only get better with the addition of Sturridge.  The club has markedly improved in the year he's been at Anfield, not just in positioning in the table, but in the way the team is playing.  He's not going anywhere... not even sure why that is being mentioned.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »
Liverfool looks like a thinly threaded team. I could have sworn I saw one of the guys tell Suarez to f**k off after he took a shot and Suarez was shouting he was open.  That was the second or third time I saw something like that from them. Don't think there is a whole lot of cohesiveness in the camp.

Lol... it amazing to watch people over react to things looking on from the outside.  That "one of the guys" was the same Jack Robinson who misplayed a shot off his shin into the stands rather than passing to Suarez... who yelled at him after the shot.  Rodgers too was upset at the shot.  Robinson told Suarez to "f**k off"... but Suarez yells at everybody, even Gerrard whenever he wants the ball and doesn't get it.  That is a normal thing for people who watch every game.  What is also apparent is that all of them love Suarez and he loves playing with them as well.  None ah we on the training ground or in the locker room to really see... but there is nothing of substance in that "cohesiveness" talk.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: January 27, 2013, 10:39:33 PM »

Not at all... Oldham hardly threatened, not sure which game you watched.  Liverpool concede three goals on three mistakes, all by reserve players.  On the first goal by Smith Coates was arguably fouled when Smith but his forearm on his shoulder to get leverage to go up for the cross.  Even so, Coates should have boxed him out better.  Same exact thing on the cross for the third goal when Robinson failed to keep a body on the black dude, who headed in the cross.  On Smith's second goal Jones drop an easy chest-high bouncer across the box.

Meanwhile just in the second half alone Borini missed a sitter seconds after the intermission, and Gerrard absolutely rocked the crossbar... not to mention again, the marginal offside call against Suarez.  As for Suarez,  he's enjoying one of the finest seasons of his career and it should only get better with the addition of Sturridge.  The club has markedly improved in the year he's been at Anfield, not just in positioning in the table, but in the way the team is playing.  He's not going anywhere... not even sure why that is being mentioned.

From what I saw - not talking specifically about the goals just in the run of play - a various instances Oldham pressed Liverpool when the fullbacks separated from the CBs and caused many problems early on. After Liverpool went down 1-0, they seemed rattled and was playing as though it was the last 10 minutes when it was only the first 10 minutes. The press from Oldham though not sustained, caused many problems for Liverpool. Sterling had to come deep to retrieve the ball and had to do a lot of defending deep in Liverpool end. I did not catch the entire game (went to church), but Oldham played a fearless game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: January 28, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »
Yeah they did play fearless... and the early goal certainly put the wind at their backs.  Credit to them and Paul Dickov.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: January 28, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Oldham played alright, but I have to give them props. When Gerrard came on the whole game changed. As for Jones...i dunno what to tell allyuh, IMO i think Pepe would've saved 2 of the 3 goals scored.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
Suarez should leave.

Not because they lost the FA to Oldham. I love the FA,  but like someone mentioned a 4th place in the EPL is more desireable for 'pool.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:37 AM »

From what I saw - not talking specifically about the goals just in the run of play - a various instances Oldham pressed Liverpool when the fullbacks separated from the CBs and caused many problems early on. After Liverpool went down 1-0, they seemed rattled and was playing as though it was the last 10 minutes when it was only the first 10 minutes. The press from Oldham though not sustained, caused many problems for Liverpool. Sterling had to come deep to retrieve the ball and had to do a lot of defending deep in Liverpool end. I did not catch the entire game (went to church), but Oldham played a fearless game.

Lol... it amazing to watch people over react to things looking on from the outside.  That "one of the guys" was the same Jack Robinson who misplayed a shot off his shin into the stands rather than passing to Suarez... who yelled at him after the shot.  Rodgers too was upset at the shot.  Robinson told Suarez to "f**k off"... but Suarez yells at everybody, even Gerrard whenever he wants the ball and doesn't get it.  That is a normal thing for people who watch every game.  What is also apparent is that all of them love Suarez and he loves playing with them as well.  None ah we on the training ground or in the locker room to really see... but there is nothing of substance in that "cohesiveness" talk.

Padnah ah eh know if you ever been around teams but when a man clearly says fack off to one of his teammates something is wrong especially when it is said to one who is wearing the armband then all isn't well. Fack off is dismissive it means leave me alone I'm not playing a team sport. If his first response could be that look at yuh team implode as the season continues.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: January 29, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »
Padnah ah eh know if you ever been around teams but when a man clearly says fack off to one of his teammates something is wrong especially when it is said to one who is wearing the armband then all isn't well. Fack off is dismissive it means leave me alone I'm not playing a team sport. If his first response could be that look at yuh team implode as the season continues.

Suarez wasn't wearing the armband at the time... him wearing the armband at all was a joke.  Rodgers probably just trying to calm him down.  As I said, you probably not familiar with the dynamic between Suarez and the rest of the team... while I wouldn't pretend to know, I'm pretty sure I have a better read on this one.  You are the only person who thought that interaction was significant.  Most of us just laugh it off.  Liverpool will not implode... feel free to come back at the end of the season and see who was right.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2293 on: January 29, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
Just waiting on a work permit for Phillipe Coutinho now...my main concern is this player might be too small in size and had a hard time coming to terms with the Italian league.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: January 29, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »
Just waiting on a work permit for Phillipe Coutinho now...my main concern is this player might be too small in size and had a hard time coming to terms with the Italian league.

I have the same concern. Also, I think we have enough young players and we're really crying out for more experience; someone in the mould of Jari Litmanen or Gary McAllister to add some leadership. I know Gerrard and Carragher fit that description, but someone else could shake things up in a positive way.  :beermug:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: January 30, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
Liverpool need ah new goalkeeper.....

Hope they could buy Julio Caesar right now...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: January 31, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »

Julio Caesar known for his howlers too.  While he seems to be finding some form, he still seems vulnerable to the cross ball.  Yeah, Reina was caught flat-footed yesterday on Walcott's goal, but he had a decent game.  I actually think he has been coming into some form, and that we should not sell him in the summer.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: January 31, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »

Julio Caesar known for his howlers too.  While he seems to be finding some form, he still seems vulnerable to the cross ball.  Yeah, Reina was caught flat-footed yesterday on Walcott's goal, but he had a decent game.  I actually think he has been coming into some form, and that we should not sell him in the summer.

I actually think he had a decent game, too and also agree that he has been coming back into some form lately.....the header is what I think he would be more disappointed in himself for, but it was from close range....It's the pace of Walcott's shot that caught him flat-footed and I think it was beating most 'keepers.  Walcott murdered that ball. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: January 31, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »

I actually think he had a decent game, too and also agree that he has been coming back into some form lately.....the header is what I think he would be more disappointed in himself for, but it was from close range....It's the pace of Walcott's shot that caught him flat-footed and I think it was beating most 'keepers.  Walcott murdered that ball. 

The shot had pace, but Reina coulda at least put ah hand.. Oh gosh man, it pass right there by his foot..

Don't know if he wouldve saved that, but it look like a little bit of a mental lapse because he seemed like he wasn't expecting a shot. Better you let the shot beat you for pace than being beat by the shot because you were not ready for it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: January 31, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
Reina look like he was moving to cover near post and got surprise by the shot... couldn't react in time because of the pace.  I'm not concerned about his play yesterday.  As Tenor say, he's rounding back into form.  Yesterday was also his first game coming off injury, mentally he may have not been up to speed with regards to the pace of the game.  As for Julio Cesar barely holding off Robert Green as is... definitely don't need him.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2300 on: January 31, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »

yuh talking excessive shit
we might need a new keeper this summer but not Cesar
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: January 31, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »

The shot had pace, but Reina coulda at least put ah hand.. Oh gosh man, it pass right there by his foot..

Don't know if he wouldve saved that, but it look like a little bit of a mental lapse because he seemed like he wasn't expecting a shot. Better you let the shot beat you for pace than being beat by the shot because you were not ready for it.

But he WAS beaten for pace and he WAS expecting a shot....just, not that hard!!  Come on, Dinho, you've been there man....you ready to make a save and dat forward (or whomever) surprise your ass with one hellafied bullet.....dize exactly how it look....Walcott had surprise me and all!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: February 03, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
I like this Sturrage fellah (how ever he spell the name)
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »
Gerrard  :salute:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #2304 on: February 03, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
Sweet strike. DeGea would have saved that! ;) Liverpool will be tough next season, the building a good core/side. Chelski and Arsenal better get dey house in order next season or dey will be missing out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 03, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
Rena is a c**t boy
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #2306 on: February 03, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Rena is a c**t boy

If again! But Kun make him pay!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 03, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Rena is a c**t boy

Kun with a bit of genius, but Pepe had a major brain fart, as a matter of fact he shit he self  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #2308 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:16 AM »
Rena is a c**t boy

Kun with a bit of genius, but Pepe had a major brain fart, as a matter of fact he shit he self  ;D

Ah remember when Kun was still playing in LaLiga, I possed the question, "I don't see what was so special about him". And you responded by saying he is young give him a chance, because he is good.  ;D Well you were right and continue to be right. He, I believe is Citeh's most important player and the engine that drives them.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 03, 2013, 11:54:28 AM »
I will take that draw
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>