March 28, 2024, 11:59:59 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460069 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2760 on: May 30, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »
OK, so 4mil pounds for former Liverpool trainee, Lambert.  Word is that this is to allow Southampton to reduce their asking offer for Lallana, but still bring in cumulatively the same amount they expect to make from sale of Lallana.  There is a 25 percent sell-on fee owed to Lallana's previous club, Bournemouth, should he be sold.  Lambert does provide some variation in attack, and he is coming from a club that is accustomed to playing the ball on the floor, so the adjustment to style should not be as drastic.

I like the guy... always have.  I think he'll be a fantastic addition.  He's no one-trick pony ala Carroll, but can play the ball with his feet, is a good passer, his technique is probably the best of any English forward right now... and by that I mean his accuracy with both pass and shot.  Moreover he's a clinical finisher, equally adept on the ground or in the air.  I'm not sure how he is on his left foot, but I don't recall it ever being a problem.  Fantastic addition, and it allows him to come "home".

Rodgers pretty much stressed earlier this season that his technique was excellent.  We know Rodgers will never recruit players that are not technically adept; that is a major requirement to play under him.  He'll definitely offer more of an aerial threat, should we decide to go that route and mix it up.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 03, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Happy Birthday Liverpool!  Today marks 122 years since Everton FC was evicted from Anfield and Liverpool  took its space.  YNWA!

see birthpaper below.

http://assets2.lfcimages.com/uploads/birth_certificate.jpg

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 03, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »
Happy Birthday Liverpool!  Today marks 122 years since Everton FC was evicted from Anfield and Liverpool  took its space.  YNWA!

see birthpaper below.

Niceness  :beermug:

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 27, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »
so...anyone can update me on transfer activity for next season?

ins and outs (potential or factual)?

i dont know yet how to pick sense from nonsense wrt transfer rumours for Livers

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 28, 2014, 01:59:28 AM »
Nothing concrete yet... but exciting stuff being reported:

Lallana having a medical this weekend ahead of a move
Dejan Lovren may follow... linking up with Lambert of course.
Shaqiri (Switzerland) and Origi (Belgium) are close to being signed.

Supposedly...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Striker Rickie Lambert, 32, was signed for £4m from Southampton

Midfielder Adam Lallana, 25, was signed for £25m from Southampton

Midfielder Emre Can, 20, was signed for £10m from Bayer Leverkusen

Winger Lazar Markovic, 20, was signed for £20m from Benfica

Defender Dejan Lovren, 25, was signed for £20m from Southampton

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 27, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
I'm not a Liverpool fan ... nor a hater. Have to say doh, I'm impressed by the club's 'humility'.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 27, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »
You have to hand it to Southampton. They've developed some great talent down there.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 27, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »
Markovic looks the real deal early.  Greater diversity in attack by LFC seems to be Rodgers' intent this season.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 28, 2014, 08:24:10 AM »
Markovic looks the real deal early.  Greater diversity in attack by LFC seems to be Rodgers' intent this season.

Markovic seems to be a handful...Rodgers will take him to the next level where he will become incisive.  He has a lot of tricks, good pace, and high intensity when we are pressing; seems to have already bought in to the philosophy of pressing high up the field and in the middle when we lose the ball.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 31, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
Good game at the stadium yesterday... good vibes with you and Feliziano and we new Jamaican pardna too.  Was nice interacting with the other fans who came in from all over the world to take in the game.  Much, MUCH different atmosphere from Baltimore two years ago.  Mixed result for 'pool... we let in two soft goals, but good game offensively.  Hendo making a fool of Ferguson with each passing season, good player.  Sterling continues to be one of the top 5 best young players in football, period.  Boyatta shackled and frustrated Sturridge, and the missed penalty would not have aided his confidence any, but he looked threatening, and that in itself opened opportunities for others.  Perhaps the best goal of the night was Sterling's beauty in stoppage time that was mysteriously and erroneously disallowed for offside.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 31, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
bakes where did you guys sit? i was in the kop section 235.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 31, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »

Not sure which was the designated "Kop" section for the game... but we were behind the City goal in the second half, Section 109, Row 25.  From the perspective of center circle, we were in the upper left side, diagonally up from the flag. We shoulda say something here before the match, woulda been nice to link up with the other LFC forumites  :beermug:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2773 on: August 04, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »
Nice meeting you too True T Bakes  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2774 on: August 04, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
We need another Sturridge type striker fellas
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: August 04, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
Nice meeting you too True T Bakes  ;D

Wait, you was dey? :D

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: August 04, 2014, 06:17:53 PM »

Not sure which was the designated "Kop" section for the game... but we were behind the City goal in the second half, Section 109, Row 25.  From the perspective of center circle, we were in the upper left side, diagonally up from the flag. We shoulda say something here before the match, woulda been nice to link up with the other LFC forumites  :beermug:

Yea we should've let each other know we were going. I was sitting in the "kop" it was de bleacher seats filled with red you couldn't have missed it right where the pk's were taken. Nice vibes over there.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 04, 2014, 07:00:50 PM »
Yea we should've let each other know we were going. I was sitting in the "kop" it was de bleacher seats filled with red you couldn't have missed it right where the pk's were taken. Nice vibes over there.

Yeah that was the opposite end from where we sat... good vibes whole game.  We kept up a running back and forth with some City fans behind us, all in good fun.  Title game vs. United on Fox here in the US right now.  LFC up 1-0 at halftime.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
2-1 Man U... two goals in quick succession. 64 mins gone now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 17, 2014, 06:57:05 AM »
Season start.... Southampton have always given us problems since their most recent promotion, so the best revenge is to buy up dey best players  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 17, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
Good game.Southhampton played very well.  Could have tied the game.  But Pool pulled it off. Sterling is certainly a handful.  It certainly not going to be a walk in the park for the top 4, if the so called minnows continue playing great football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 17, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »
Good game.Southhampton played very well.  Could have tied the game.  But Pool pulled it off. Sterling is certainly a handful.  It certainly not going to be a walk in the park for the top 4, if the so called minnows continue playing great football.

Dusan Tadic is a baller.  Knew nothing of him before today but he was electric... that assist to Clyne to level the score was pure class.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 21, 2014, 05:48:27 AM »
Mario Balotelli: Liverpool in talks with AC Milan over Italy striker
BBC Sport

Liverpool are in talks with AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants the Italy international, 24, to strengthen his attack after last season's top scorer Luis Suarez joined Barcelona.

Balotelli moved to Milan for £19m from City last year and has scored 30 goals in 54 games for the Serie A club.
Liverpool travel to Etihad Stadium in their next Premier League match on Monday.

Balotelli was a big hit with the supporters during his first spell in England at City and helped the club win a first league title since 1968.

But he was also in the headlines for several off-the-pitch incidents - including a training ground bust-up with then-manager Roberto Mancini - and in a second troubled season he scored only three goals in 20 games.
The striker agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Milan in January 2013 and played for Italy at the World Cup in Brazil.

He was heavily linked with Arsenal earlier in the summer, but after bringing in Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona for £35m, Arsene Wenger ruled out signing another forward.

Liverpool have so far brought in only one frontman for the new campaign, signing Rickie Lambert from Southampton for £4m.

The Reds paid £10m for Lille's Belgium striker Divock Origi, 19, but have loaned him back to the French club for the season.

With doubts surrounding the future of Fabio Borini, who remains a target for Sunderland, Rodgers is keen to add to his forward line.

"I do still think we need another striker," he said after Liverpool began their Premier League campaign with a 2-1 victory over Southampton.

"It is something that we will look at, but it will depend on the availability of one.

"We will search through to the end of the transfer window."

AC Milan endured a difficult campaign last season, finishing eighth in Serie A and failing to qualify for Europe.
Balotelli would be guaranteed Champions League football at Liverpool, who finished runners-up to City in the Premier League last term.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:12 AM »
Who the hell needs Racist McBitey if you have Balotelli? That'd be a coup, an excellent signing for anything under £25 million, and a good one below £30mil

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 21, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »
Looks like they got a good deal.
Liverpool agree £16m Balotelli fee

Liverpool agree a £16m fee with Italian club AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28878088
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: August 21, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
I feel Rodgers soothing personality will really get the best out of Balotelli; plus, men like Sterling and Sturridge will make him feel welcomed in the dressing room.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: August 21, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »
I feel Rodgers soothing personality will really get the best out of Balotelli; plus, men like Sterling and Sturridge will make him feel welcomed in the dressing room.
Hopefully for allyuh sake. Me, I prefer you get "Bad Mario" and he upset allyuh applecart.  JK ;D

In reality I hope it works out for all involved. Just not too well as I'm a ManU supporter.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: August 21, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
On another note, Milan piping or what:  16 mil pounds?  Me ain't arguing, but Balo worth much more than that.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: August 21, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »
I figure so too. Dais why ah say is a good deal.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: August 21, 2014, 04:10:38 PM »
On another note, Milan piping or what:  16 mil pounds?  Me ain't arguing, but Balo worth much more than that.

They bought him for not much more than that, and the President has been talking crap about him for months.

1]; } ?>