March 28, 2024, 07:17:52 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460031 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2820 on: September 20, 2014, 11:34:17 AM »
Defense in ah absolute mess.  Lovren and Manquillo really disappointing me so far.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 20, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »
Better work hard to win the league this season as next year will present Liverpool with the added challenge of playing both domestic and European football, something they did not have to contend with this season.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: September 21, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »
Liverpool have a squad of new guys who are trying to gel together under Rodgers system. Its gonna take some time. I remain optimistic for this season hopefully we can achieve another champions league spot. Team chemistry isn't built up in a day. It'll come guys don't worry.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 23, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
14-13 on pks...................lol
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »
14-13 on pks...................lol

You missed a word... "victory."

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: September 24, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »
Rodgers working Sterling like ah leggo beast.  Sterling should not have played 90 mins yesterday.  He is going to burn the fella out.  Good to see Lallana finding his feet, after not having a preseason.  He will be crucial for this season.  Men like Markovic need to get it going; he is young and is in a new league and country, but he gotta let that potential flow.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: September 24, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
Rodgers working Sterling like ah leggo beast.  Sterling should not have played 90 mins yesterday.  He is going to burn the fella out.  Good to see Lallana finding his feet, after not having a preseason.  He will be crucial for this season.  Men like Markovic need to get it going; he is young and is in a new league and country, but he gotta let that potential flow.

Yeah, I'm worried about the reliance on Sterling... we need to pace him.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: September 27, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »
Liverpool fans busy this morning boy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: September 27, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
All the chatter was on FB... yuh kinda late.  But nice try.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: October 01, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
Better work hard to win the league this season as next year will present Liverpool with the added challenge of playing both domestic and European football, something they did not have to contend with this season.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: October 01, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »
I'm not sure why you keep quoting yuhself... the "added challenge" hasn't been a factor in our poor play.  You'd have a point if you said something about the poor defense and the failure of the new players to have an impact.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: October 01, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
I'm not sure why you keep quoting yuhself... the "added challenge" hasn't been a factor in our poor play.  You'd have a point if you said something about the poor defense and the failure of the new players to have an impact.

Yeah but to be fair you needed to add all these new players because of European football.  If not you would have run them into the ground just like those Villa teams under O'Neill.  The loss of Sturridge is really taking a toll on this team.  Hopefully he comes back soon and plays well and the newbies settle or else allyuh might finish outside of any European competitions.  Sotho, Swans, etc. not looking like they plan to just add up numbers.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: October 01, 2014, 03:15:04 PM »
But for the bite, was Suarez returning to Liverpool after the WC?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
But for the bite, was Suarez returning to Liverpool after the WC?

I think he would have

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: October 01, 2014, 04:29:25 PM »
Yeah but to be fair you needed to add all these new players because of European football.  If not you would have run them into the ground just like those Villa teams under O'Neill.  The loss of Sturridge is really taking a toll on this team.  Hopefully he comes back soon and plays well and the newbies settle or else allyuh might finish outside of any European competitions.  Sotho, Swans, etc. not looking like they plan to just add up numbers.

That's a tenous argument to make... in essence that the addition of the new players has caused problems for Liverpool (following the argument back to its root that CL play would create issues).  Our lack of creativity and composure up front has been the biggest cause of problems, and neither of those stem from our CL involvement.  The departure of Suarez and the loss of Sturridge has had the largest impact.  Similarly, the new players are not at fault for our defensive liabilities... although Lovren and Manquillo have both been underwhelming (for me personally).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: October 01, 2014, 05:37:47 PM »
Allyuh, don't forget to "blame" Mario, as I have read on some blogs.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 01, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »

Excuses much?

Liverpool is the only team with new players? My gosh, how tough on Liverpool to have to ask a coach to add new (better) players. I keep quoting myself because last season when alyuh was beating up alyuh chest and signing praises from the high heavens I told y'all that LFC was only flattering to deceive. That the prospect of CL ball would/will bring you all back to reality.

Brendan Rogers built for 1 season and is already rebuilding? How does that work? Maybe I really do not understand football.  :-\

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 01, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »

That's a tenous argument to make... in essence that the addition of the new players has caused problems for Liverpool (following the argument back to its root that CL play would create issues).  Our lack of creativity and composure up front has been the biggest cause of problems, and neither of those stem from our CL involvement.  The departure of Suarez and the loss of Sturridge has had the largest impact.  Similarly, the new players are not at fault for our defensive liabilities... although Lovren and Manquillo have both been underwhelming (for me personally).

Wait you believe that with your squad from last year you would have been fine for CL play? If not, then how could you say Scorpion's argument is tenuous? If so, then that is madness. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: October 01, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »
The season now start, CL fatigue and injuries eh even kick in yet.  It can get much worse!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: October 01, 2014, 06:57:55 PM »
Excuses much?

Liverpool is the only team with new players? My gosh, how tough on Liverpool to have to ask a coach to add new (better) players. I keep quoting myself because last season when alyuh was beating up alyuh chest and signing praises from the high heavens I told y'all that LFC was only flattering to deceive. That the prospect of CL ball would/will bring you all back to reality.

Brendan Rogers built for 1 season and is already rebuilding? How does that work? Maybe I really do not understand football.  :-\

Who's making 'excuses'??  I'm telling you that the point you think you're making about the CL having a negative effect on Liverpool's season is nonsense... that we are struggling even without the Champions League committment... and you interpret that to mean that I'm making excuses?  Okay.  Also, I don't recall anybody "beating up dey chest" last season... but I'm sure you could find examples.

Wait you believe that with your squad from last year you would have been fine for CL play? If not, then how could you say Scorpion's argument is tenuous? If so, then that is madness. 

Is that what I said? 

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
Excuses much?

Who's making 'excuses'??  I'm telling you that the point you think you're making about the CL having a negative effect on Liverpool's season is nonsense... that we are struggling even without the Champions League committment... and you interpret that to mean that I'm making excuses?  Okay.  Also, I don't recall anybody "beating up dey chest" last season... but I'm sure you could find examples.

Is that what I said? 

Dude, if you are saying that the added pressure of the CL for Rodgers is not a big problem then what can I say. He now have to approach EPL games with an eye on Europe and vice versa. This affects training, training intensity, squad rotation, player management, etc. This year it is much different for Rodgers than last year with the EPL alone.

We have already seen the criticism he has come in for with the management of Sterling recently.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 01, 2014, 08:42:45 PM »
Dude, if you are saying that the added pressure of the CL for Rodgers is not a big problem then what can I say. He now have to approach EPL games with an eye on Europe and vice versa. This affects training, training intensity, squad rotation, player management, etc. This year it is much different for Rodgers than last year with the EPL alone.

We have already seen the criticism he has come in for with the management of Sterling recently.

Liverpool has played two CL games to date.  The CL has had minimal if any impact on Liverpool's season.  The one game it might have played a factor was the Villa game where he rested Sterling and the team hardly showed any life.  Even had he started Sterling there still would not have been any guarantee that we would have played any better.  The real problem was conceding an early dotish goal.  Villa had 4 shots on goal all game.  3 of those shots on goal came before Agbonlahor scored in the 9'.  Villa therefore had 1 shot on goal the final 81 minutes... which means that they parked the bus and sat back and absorbed pressure.  Downing also bottled Gerrard in midfield to negate some of that pressure.  The Champions League had minimal effect if any on that. 

We just now practiced for and played our second CL game... yet according to you, that practice somehow had an impact on the 6 Premier League games we've already played.  Maybe as the season wears on the CL will be more of a factor, but I'm telling you that right now that's not the case... we are struggling for other reasons which to date have had a greater impact on the PL campaign.  Somehow you interpret that to mean that I'm making excuses for the poor play.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 01, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »

Deeks Balotelli isn't to blame, but his play and attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 01, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »

Deeks Balotelli isn't to blame, but his play and attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

As you see,  blame in quotes. But quite true Balo is 15 mins of brilliance and 75 mins of fustration.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
The sulking and mirthlessness would much easier to overlook if he was playing well, which he isn't.  Today he walked straight to the locker room after the match without acknowledging the traveling fans... it's the least the players could do after fans travel quite to Swizerland to watch them put down that pile.  He also got himself a silly yellow for putting his hands on a player's face.  That and he's clearly not in sync with the rest of the team in attack, clogging channels, not making runs, or making the wrong ones.  All of that could be resolved with time, but the attitude thing is a trademark, and one he needs to lose.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 03, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
The sulking and mirthlessness would much easier to overlook if he was playing well, which he isn't.  Today he walked straight to the locker room after the match without acknowledging the traveling fans... it's the least the players could do after fans travel quite to Swizerland to watch them put down that pile.  He also got himself a silly yellow for putting his hands on a player's face.  That and he's clearly not in sync with the rest of the team in attack, clogging channels, not making runs, or making the wrong ones.  All of that could be resolved with time, but the attitude thing is a trademark, and one he needs to lose.

Balotelli is not playing well means what exactly? That's like Rodgers saying Balotelli needs to score more goals. What does that mean? Isn't it Rodgers job to put Balotelli in the situation to score more goals? Rodgers brought Balotelli in to LFC yet he has the team organize and playing as though he still has Suarez. Is that Balotelli's fault? Balotelli should be lost in the LFC system, because they are not playing to suit Balotelli. They are playing for a Sturridge and a Suarez. That's on Brendan Rodgers, not Balotelli.

Why did Rodgers by Balotelli if he is not changing how they play.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 03, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Balotelli is not playing well means what exactly? That's like Rodgers saying Balotelli needs to score more goals. What does that mean? Isn't it Rodgers job to put Balotelli in the situation to score more goals? Rodgers brought Balotelli in to LFC yet he has the team organize and playing as though he still has Suarez. Is that Balotelli's fault? Balotelli should be lost in the LFC system, because they are not playing to suit Balotelli. They are playing for a Sturridge and a Suarez. That's on Brendan Rodgers, not Balotelli.

Why did Rodgers by Balotelli if he is not changing how they play.

You on kicks.  Have to be.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 03, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »
Balotelli is not Suarez? Correct. He was not purchased to function a la Suarez? Correct.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 03, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »
What the two of you fail to appreciate is that Suarez too had to adapt his game to fit Rodgers' philosophy and not the other way around.  Rodgers however, isn't so inflexible as to not look at his players and cater to their strengths.  Balotelli was not brought in to be the lead striker, he was always a secondary option.  It is therefore silly to suggest that Liverpool should change its playing style and philosophy to suit Balotelli's whims.  The onus is on the player to adapt to the system and try and function as best he can... this was made clear in the wake of the announcement.  At the end of the day, production on the field is all that matters... doesn't matter where or how you as a striker prefers to play.  At the moment Balotelli isn't producing, and quite the opposite, at instances in the matches he's been a detriment to the attack.  This isn't a personal attack on him, just hard facts.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 03, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »
What the two of you fail to appreciate is that Suarez too had to adapt his game to fit Rodgers' philosophy and not the other way around.  Rodgers however, isn't so inflexible as to not look at his players and cater to their strengths.  Balotelli was not brought in to be the lead striker, he was always a secondary option.  It is therefore silly to suggest that Liverpool should change its playing style and philosophy to suit Balotelli's whims.  The onus is on the player to adapt to the system and try and function as best he can... this was made clear in the wake of the announcement.  At the end of the day, production on the field is all that matters... doesn't matter where or how you as a striker prefers to play.  At the moment Balotelli isn't producing, and quite the opposite, at instances in the matches he's been a detriment to the attack.  This isn't a personal attack on him, just hard facts.

Bakes you just talking for the sake of it. You all are set up and have been playing as though you have a very dynamic striker. That is not Balotelli fault. Yes, he has to adapt some, but so to the manager. You talking level shit about Balotelli whims and fancy and that you have to produce.

You really feel these things is just a vaps. Clubs go out and buy player who can fit their system and style of play. You building a boat and buying helicopter parts because it's cheap? What a laugh. You have an impotent midfield who couldn't service Kim K if they was hopped up on viagra and you want to blame Balotelli?

You have shown that you're an amateur in understanding the building of a pro team. Rodgers just buy Balotelli because he was cheap and he could not get anyone else. It shows that there was no plan beyond Suarez and Sturridge and really believe that Suarez would be back.

You buy players than can fit your vision and philosophy to lead your team. That's the earmark of any good coach.

1]; } ?>