April 24, 2024, 12:58:48 PM

Author Topic: Sad News (Giselle Salandy)  (Read 38786 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Giselle Salandy (Accident)
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2009, 05:19:13 PM »
is like some jumbie interferin wid d sport's fraternity.  is marvin phillip, is thompson an cabral, dat footballer dat passed last month, now salandy????

WTF goin in dis place?
dis country really need some deliverance oui.

bless!!
We are our own worst enemy
Unless it doesn't happen directly to us, we'll never learn or LISTEN

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
It also unfortunate dat sometimes fuss ting people does say when dese tragedies occur is speed and dey goin too fast etc.  Ting is...while dat might very well be de case, is not necessarily so.  Ms Salandy coulda well be within de speed limit and get a tire blow out, or a bad drive, or pick up a skid....anyting so....someting completely outta she control and pay de ultimate consequence.  Leh we doh rush to chastise....especially without possession of de FACTS.

I hardly doubt anyone in here has 'chastised' the late Ms. Salandy for speeding... there has been a general decrying of the lack of adherence to driving regulations in TnT on the whole.  

Even so, an eyewitness reported that her car "sped" by them just prior to the accident.  Reports are that the car subsequently flew "143 feet in the air"... after simply picking up a skid (and I assume flipping).  We know it rolled several times.  None of these by itself provides an indication that she was travelling in excess of 80kmph... but one can certainly reasonably conclude that unsafe speed was a factor.

----------------

Fordy and Samo... TnT could benefit greatly by either or both of these, unfortunately I just don't have any confidence that road safety is high enough a priority for our government for either to be implemented any time soon.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:24:29 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »
look at this shit.

steups
THAT headline is VERY sad indeed
I feel sorry for the poor fool that came up with that line
she/he needs help
The Guardian USED to be a Newspaper, now it is a "Budgie's Cage liner"
They HAVE TO apologise to her family for that gaff
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:27:51 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2009, 05:38:39 PM »
Is two months now I move back Trini...........and lemme tell yuh, is de land of the lawless on the roads!
Is one setta young people dyin on de roads consistently, de young, dey rel young! Man speeding, braking red lights, drivin on de shoulders an ting,not wearing seat belts, drivin bald ass tires and the list goes on and on!

WE ALL HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS! Bottom line.

De government can't do it all but what they could do is change the laws on the books so that when a ticket is given, it is felt in the wrong doers pocket. Right now the fine is I think $200.00 for speeding, Trini loaded with money make dat same fine say $5,000. , ah bet you people stop speeding with an increased police presence!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »
Yeah Bakes & Fordy..
I know T&T can benefit from this, but the sad truth as you said, it probably will never become a reality... Statistics have proven a great decrease in numbers when these type of programs are implemented especially our collision avoidance software, but only when someone close to a high ranking official loses their life will there be a chance of anything like this being implemented. The thing is the government could make good money off the program just on red light violations alone, not to mention saving lives as well...
Just today in one of our cities a cop get a ticket for speeding, well he call and cuss the customer service rep, but you know what, he still have to pay 400 and someting dollars...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:44 AM »
Kirk Waithe and his Arrive Alive program really trying but when yuh have a situation where, for example, up to know we cyar properly implement the breathlyser program, never mind the bill pass how long now....steups...I wish Mr. Waithe all the best yes...he have real belly to continue his work in a insane country like this....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2009, 06:05:12 AM »
Maybe I am naive but why are there no water barrrels (barriers) around these concrete stuctures. In a lot of countries this is the norm and it helps.

Aside from a fast driver, ppl could get a bad drive or pıck up a skid. We have hundreds of millions for the PM's house and sports complex in Taurba. In 2008, with all this money and wanting to get first world status, this should not have to be asked.

Perhaps Giselle's death will provşde the impetus to do this right.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »
look at this shit.

steups
THAT headline is VERY sad indeed
I feel sorry for the poor fool that came up with that line
she/he needs help
The Guardian USED to be a Newspaper, now it is a "Budgie's Cage liner"
They HAVE TO apologise to her family for that gaff

boss i agree, although ah want to believe dis wasn't a one-man/woman decision, so we could safely say , "poor foolS."

ah find dis link wid some more photos ah we girl...
http://www.triniview.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=330729&g2_page=2
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »
Her Funeral is coming over live on CTNT

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »
boss i agree, although ah want to believe dis wasn't a one-man/woman decision, so we could safely say , "poor foolS."

According to Media Watch TNT (http://watchttmedia.blogspot.com/2009/01/who-are-morons-2.html):

"This is a response to the reader who asked who the morons are that chose the Guardian's Monday headline regarding Jizelle Salandy's death. The morons were Francis Joseph (who was the editor on duty) and Anthony Wilson (who had the last say).

"I for one was outraged when I saw that front page headline. The Guardian should be ashamed and I don't even know why people continue to read that bogus newspaper."

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »
Just came across T&T's 1960 traffic methodology:

"Trinidad has introduced blitz patrols on the highways for the first time to boost the road safety. Blitz patrols comprise traffic police on motor cycles who will cover all highways until the end of the year.

Trinidad road deaths have mounted to 135 and are expected to reach a new peak of about 150 by the end of the year."

Sounds like more than they do 48 years later.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »
Buy them on a sat 4 d tv guide. In addition dey does come out on line b4 d express so when I miss d nightly news and want 2 c who get kill dey does tell me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
The company I work for currently, does red light and speed enforcement and collision avoidance across the US and Canada.. I always tell them this should be done in T&T... The amount of accidents that occur daily is phenomenal and speed is usally the factor, cell phone usage is pretty high in some cities, but not all cities require we track this..
The mobile speed van we use in some cities would work well in T&T and require only one person to operate.
Basically the van is parked at the side of the road and they just capture cars that are over the speed limit. A citation is sent in the mail, with the pic of your car and the speed it was going... Cities make a lot of money doing this, but the trend is within a 3 year period there is a huge decline in speedsters.
In California if you are caught breaking a red light in some cities the fine is 400.00...

Just saw on Cnc3 a small company of 10 people installing these solar energy lights around the western main road.  Thumbs up for them for not waiting and depending on the gov't.  http://lunaroad.com/index_english.html

1]; } ?>