March 28, 2024, 01:39:51 PM

Author Topic: The unofficial Pardners POSTS of the year 2008.  (Read 1754 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The unofficial Pardners POSTS of the year 2008.
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:18:07 PM »
Right fellas, ah now settle back to life in Trini after my failed trials at Manu, Arsenal and Inter  ;D

Anyway, for the latter part of 2008 I was just saving some of allyuh comments that I thought was interesting in my own cynical way.  I soon realised the list began to grow and decide to nurture it... :-\

So I have some of the quotes from last year that I found to be either humorous, ridiculous or just plain mind boggling.  I think the best phrase to sum it up would be..."Posts that make you go hhhmmm..."

Doh get no horrors...not meant to offend anyone in anyway....is just for kicks.  I didn't save the links for the threads, but I'm sure allyuh could get them if allyuh want to see the context in which some of the posts were made.  Some quotes (in italics) had to be included so yuh could get the jist of the comment (in red).

BTW..My post of the year 2008 goes to non other than Sam....read to the end if yuh want to check it out.
PS... Ordered by date...so is only by coincidence Sam posts last.

Date - 2008-08-05
Thread - Name your strongest Foreign Based XI vs Local Based XI
Poster - Uprising
Post - Do we consider MLS/USL as foreign or local??

Date - 2008-08-05
Thread - Latapy still hungry
Poster - Disgruntled Trini
Post - at least the original bald head he took with the butter knife grow out

Date - 2008-08-16
Thread - Stern slams Maturana’s Management
Poster - Palos
Post - TTFF have to contact Stern re: the dropping.  Dis is an organisation that cannot organise a fork in a ho house.  No surprise dey.

Date - 2008-08-21
Thread - Maturana and Corneal
Poster - Midknight
Post - De 2-2 draw against Jamaica was a great result, and the boys never gave up, but we did not by any stretch of de imagination play well. Just last year we came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Guatemala, and we played with 10 men for over an hour, and we could have won it at the death. Also, as I mentioned before, we came from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 with Guadeloupe in Guadeloupe, and we drew 0-0 with El Salvador. Maturana try out all kinda players, but when de stakes get high he end up using ah setta de same players dat Wim was using.

What ah getting at, is dat de arguments to support de notion dat Wim was ah goat and ah hound are unfounded when yuh talking about football, results, team selection etc. What it boils down to is de man had no charisma, and probably no tact, personality and people skills. But wit all de talk Wim talk in de media, he give all kinda man de debut, call back men who didn't sweat in ah long time, as well as men who had sporadic caps. He regularly attended Pro League games to see what was on offer. A lot of people jes doh like de man, or never care fuh him. Is ah simple case of dey blood eh take him. Eh nutten wrong wid dat. I mehself never rate Porterfield, although he was our best ever coach statistics-wise, but ah cyar back it up with facts. I jes feel dat most if not all de good results he got was as a result of de tightly knit team dat Bertille built, but I cyar prove dat, is jes how ah feel.

At de end of de day Maturana and Wim are/were operating under a different set of conditions.

I just want to see our football progress, not just de senior team, but all facets.
[/i]

I wish I was allowed to put all dat as mih signature.

AMEN!

Date - 2008-08-21
Thread - If Brown was running we could have taken gold.
Poster - T.I.
Post - I think Darryl Brown let the 4x100 relay team down by getting injured and pulling out, if he had run we would have had a better chance of winning gold, i vex as hell right now that we get silver, but thank God for it despite the fact brown has alot to shoulder for this loss

Date - 2008-09-02
Thread - New Training Methods for the team
Poster - Palos
Post - hi tech my ass i used to do that when i was a printer in training
So dah was when yuh was a dot matrix?   

Date - 2008-09-03
Thread - MLS  TEAMS ARE BOO!! NE REVS-US commentators F.O.S
Poster - g
Post - Interesting quote from the Big Soccer blog -
"I don't think we underestimated them, but I think they were better than we anticipated."
- Chris Albright, on Joe Public

Date - 2008-09-04
Thread - Anyone could guess whaz JW surprise announcement tomorrow
Poster - omarldinho
Post - TTFF to upgrade current player notification system from SMS to voice over IP.

Date - 2008-09-13
Thread - Warner say he want solutions
Poster - Babalawo
Post - Suggestion 1.- Blackmail him on releasing a sextape he made and releasing the name female/male that was involved with him.
Suggestion 2- Raiding he apartment and leaving a letter to come and get your stolen stuff up in hill in laventille.

Suggestion 3- hide his afro comb.

Date - 2008-09-17
Thread - It now making sense….I figure out why Lawrence was dropped.
Poster - omarldinho
Post - touches, i need some help with an essay i writing...
i get to this part and cyah go no further:
'honey.. this is why i cheated on you...."
help ah bredda out nah..

Date - 2008-09-17
Thread - The forgotten ones
Poster - Touches
Post - Life take over...they retired, coaching, injured, get a wuk, start back school, breeding people girlchildren, hiding out in foreign etc....one even in jail.

Date - 2008-09-21
Thread - Re: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.
Poster - Midknight
Post - This is like yuh finally get with a gyul you was tracking for the last 10 years and then first time you manage to grab on to her and kiss her you realise she breath kicking like Jet Li.
It feeling good but something smelling funny.  I go hold mih thoughts on this one.

Date - 2008-09-21
Thread - Re: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.
Poster - fari
Post - things are getting curiouser and curiouser

...and probably the thread/post of the year 2008 !!!

Date - 2008-10-14
Thread - Just came back from Guatemala.
Poster - Sam
Post - Guatemala put on a nice half time show, never knew they had so much nice women there. I was amaze, fat tuntun, camel toe all kinda thing, you name it. Meh totoe start to hurt meh for standing 24 hours straight. I had to take them two thing in de bar ah meet and blaze them like ah just come outta jail. Price was cheap too. Them was real friendly, young, young girls like 10 or 11 begging for us to come in they house with them when we walking down de streets, I run fast.... we, no jail bait thing on my menu. Ah bend ah thing backwards and make she tuntun fart... is pressure in they ass....

Date - 2008-10-14
Thread - Just came back from Guatemala.
Poster - Sam
Post - And de toliets real full and NASTY, neally shit down meh self before de game, had to run back by de hotel and leggo some serious puddin. If I was in T&T and know meh way about, I woulda be easy, but no sah, not in GUA.
Ah cant get over de back hand slap ah hit papie, he ball, mey-da, mey-da, senor... and some kinda spanish word again..... he pardna run en and one high kick on he chest.... is real pressure. Hear de worst, he gal rush in and throw ah bit on meh pardna, she get cuff down too.
But it was a nice experience.
;D

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: The unofficial Pardners POSTS of the year 2008.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »
Pardners yuh doh lurk on the general forum or wha?

We have a SWN quotes thread they that archiving all the classics...go take a scan.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »

We have a SWN quotes thread they that archiving all the classics...go take a scan.

I check it already...but this was just MY take on things.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »

TI post on Brown is a classic!  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »

If again!!.....it boggled the mind.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:18:12 PM »

was dat TI last post before he sex change name change?  :D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »

was dat TI last post before he sex change name change?  :D

Now I'll have to consider this post for next year  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 02:34:04 PM »
Sam was ah winner, but TI post was a classic..

in the midst of the Thompson/Olympics euphoria, man just jump in dry so and leave everybody scratching dey head yes.. ???

and battling it down to de wire too yuh know!

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »
ah remember reading sam post while ah was in work and ah had to put mih hand over mh mouth a few times to stifle the laughter.  in fact ah think ah stop reading cos ah wanted to buss out some big laugh and ah finish reading it at home.  ah din see that TI one before but that one jus defy logic

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
Sam post still ha meh laughin when I re-read it, on dese damp winter days dem posts real useful we
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>