March 28, 2024, 11:48:21 PM

Author Topic: Anyone work at Piarco?  (Read 5586 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone work at Piarco?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 05:38:58 PM »
Not to rain on the customs parade (Spongebob sheets are essential). But this is not the same thing we vex for at the licensing office?

Why is it acceptable to face the customs regulations coming to the states, but going home, we looking for the hookup?

I think because people ent necessary looking tuh by-pass customs... if they like me they juss eh wah get robbed :-\

exactly. Heres the thing. I send enough boxes and barrels home to know that it all come down to who you meet on what given day. There isnt a clear cut guide to what is normally charged. For example, one summer I sent a big box, via regular post. I pack 2  80 piece towel set different colors -  bath rug, bath towel,  hand towel,  wash cloth whole 9 yards. Plus some articles of clothing in it for my siblings, and some household knick knacks figurines and some vases and books for my father. Post office call moms, she went down to pick it up, they make her open box up. She said the ladies at the counter crowding round the box and oohing and aahing over everything. She feeling bad because is so much stuff and she mention something to the effect that she dont know where she will put everything. One of the ladies make a joke about giving them a few of the washcloths  and she laugh and say yes. They charge her $60tt for the whole box. She give each of them a washcloth and a hand towel. Next summer I send a set of programs  for my dad, computer programs VIA Voice and Dragon Speak, MS Office and some type of photo editing software. send via fed ex, customs charge him $95tt. Last summer as I said before airline lose the little man luggage so I send a box full of his own stuff from home. State on customs form is replacement for lost suitcase. Include report from airline everything. They charge my moms almost $300tt for that. ANd when I call to ask them what the guideline is for taxing and what percent etc, the lady I spoke to couldnt even begin to give a reasonable answer. I tell her this is stuff from the boy own closet I sending, he already wear them, I explain bout lost luggage., she tell me people does sell used clothes in T&T so they have to charge no matter what. But over the summer we send a barrel with curtains, clothes, food, kitchen stuff, couple handbags, books all type of stuff. With no contacts they get charged 500tt - for a barrel with new stuff. After that I said is best I had sent a barrel when the little man suitcase get lost.

Last november, I send moms a big envelope. Pictures of the little ones and set of catalogs and flyers from the sunday papers - she like to see JC penny, Walmart and target and my dad like Sharper electronics and Cruchfield. And the toys r us xmas catalog. Post office charge her $85tt for that. Tell her is magazines and they have to charge. And this is stuff I get for free in the mail and newspapers. But they have to charge cause is printed goods.

If there was a fair way of charging, then I dont mind paying. But because is random according to the weather or somebody mood, then I have to say if there is a way to avoid being robbed, then I taking it.

Dutty - that house when the AC on real cold lol. He need comforter bad, I know whe I was there last week and turn on the AC at night I use blanket and comforter and still wake up to put on socks. But when you take the AC off, it get like an oven fast.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

1]; } ?>