April 24, 2024, 02:19:43 PM

Author Topic: Hart and UDeCOTT  (Read 46133 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Hart and UDeCOTT
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »
you trying to beat around the bush because you cant answer..i dont back parties, I back leaderships..(I can be PNM today and UNC 5 years from now)..and neither party has leaderships..and GOD forbid something happens to the Prime Minister today there is no Leader to replace him..and who fault is that..the education system ?....the simple answer to the question is "No one"...

I honsetly don't believe in that leadership grooming thing nah. People are either leaders or not. For a leader to push for leadership succession and nurture a true free-thinking leader within his fold takes some real balls. I also feel that the way the parties lots of people with leadership potenetial wouldn't want to get involved with either party.

After Williams death no amount of leadership grooming was making Chambers into a viable leader. As a result Robinson, a former junior leader in the PNM, end up filling the void.

The problem with our politics is that the supreme leaders are only interested in power and as some one shows a willingness to lead they try to cut them down to size. Panday do it with Kamla and Manning do it with Rowley. The only way that would have lasted is if Jack decided to become a sycophant and ignore all Panday's "inconsistencies" and that is not leadership.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 12:58:48 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2010, 01:10:18 PM »
I could answer some of the questions allyuh posted dey. Who has the opposition groom? Allyuh was sleeping or what. Kamla!!!! If Patrick call election and lose. Who all yuh think will be sworn in by the President?

PNM(Patrick) is the one who has not groom the next leader. Who we go put!!!! ????? That is a PNM delema, not UNC's. They ready for action. It is not in Patrick interest to groom anybody. Ooops, it may have been Calder Hart. But Rowley cut that short. That is why I say. 2 TERMS and F---king out. A party can win as much election but the head of the part is the issue. He tends to want be a pompous(Basdeo and Patrick) king and not be a servant of the people.

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
I could answer some of the questions allyuh posted dey. Who has the opposition groom? Allyuh was sleeping or what. Kamla!!!! If Patrick call election and lose. Who all yuh think will be sworn in by the President?

PNM(Patrick) is the one who has not groom the next leader. Who we go put!!!! ????? That is a PNM delema, not UNC's. They ready for action. It is not in Patrick interest to groom anybody. Ooops, it may have been Calder Hart. But Rowley cut that short. That is why I say. 2 TERMS and F---king out. A party can win as much election but the head of the part is the issue. He tends to want be a pompous(Basdeo and Patrick) king and not be a servant of the people.

Yuh clowning!  UNC groomed KAMLA?  The same Kamla that got demoted for Jack and Ramesh?   The same Kamla that they had files on?  The same Kamla that the maha guru say is a drunk and not ready?

The same Kamla that was replaced after she stuck by Panday over Dookeran?

lol

Rowley cannot win any seat in Diego Martin again, so he eh do nutten to the PNM.  Most PNMies eh want Rowley, Rowley is de PNM Panday...dais all, he is the darling of the opposition not the PNM membership.

But anyway the entire discussion is moot.  Manning not calling no elections now, he and the PNM going into repair mode.  Start giving away things, fixing roads etc.  The real test will be wether the people of T&T are politically mature enough to see through bullshit.

I looking for a cabinet shake up and movement from the back bench to the front bench.

Talk of Calder Hart not being allowed to leave T&T etc.  is dotish.  He eh get charged with nutten he not arrested..until den...he free so he could roll as he want.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
TC,
      What difference it makes now. UNC has chosen a leader. They did one better that PNM. Their election was catankerous as hell, but I have seen worse right here in the US. As far as I have known in TT politics, I can't remember any PM grooming a successor. The closest occurance was the Doc and Robinson. And we know what happened there. The way the political parties are structured, they leave no room for an orderly succession. The PM had to dead and then the deputy go step in. Other than that PM go stay 4 and 5 terms. By that time he manipulate the party executives and they become a bunch of "yes men".   Chambers became PM because Eric dead. They by-pass Kamal. Then Chambers lost to Robbie and Panday. Them fall apart. Then Abu cause Robbie to lose to Patrick. Then Patrick lose to Panday who then lost to Patrick.

That is why I say TERM LIMITS. 2 and out.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:13:07 PM by Deeks »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:52 PM »
TC,
      What difference it makes now. UNC has chosen a leader. They did one better that PNM. Their election was catankerous as hell, but I have seen worse right here in the US. As far as I have known in TT politics, I can't remember any PM grooming a successor. The closest occurance was the Doc and Robinson. And we know what happened there. The way the political parties are structured, they leave no room for an orderly succession. The PM had to dead and then the deputy go step in. Other than that PM go stay 4 and 5 terms. By that time he manipulate the party executives and they become a bunch of "yes men".   Chambers became PM because Eric dead. They by-pass Kamal. Then Chambers lost to Robbie and Panday. Them fall apart. Then Abu cause Robbie to lose to Patrick. Then Patrick lose to Panday who then lost to Patrick.

Side note... Robbie lorse to back stabbing panday and his separatist cronies... defeat was inevitable...!

AirMan

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »
Hart Resigns

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUeRfos1FW0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tUeRfos1FW0</a>

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
TC,

So the PNM have leadership crisis as it pertains to internal elections?  breds you will never see the bacchanal in the PNm dat you see in the UNC.  NEVER!   But maybe they will get their self in order and fix they constituion, where they have to have the MP's vote ofr the political leader rather than the membership!

As far as I can remmber the PNM does have they elections and chose they leader...why you say the IUNC do one better than the PNM?

The PNM's constitution allows for internal elections just like the UNC and COP...what orderly succession have to do with anything?  People free to contest seats succession is for kings.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
TC,
           When was the last time PNM chose a leader. The last time they chose a leader was when Chambers lost. Last time Rowley challenged Patrick he became kinder like a persona non grata in the party. It appears that nobody must  challenge Patrick. Same thing with Basdeo.Is total sour grapes since he lost. After the Calder Hart issue, I have serious doubts about Patrick.

Term limits. 2 and out.

truetrini

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »
TC,
           When was the last time PNM chose a leader. The last time they chose a leader was when Chambers lost. Last time Rowley challenged Patrick he became kinder like a persona non grata in the party. It appears that nobody must  challenge Patrick. Same thing with Basdeo.Is total sour grapes since he lost. After the Calder Hart issue, I have serious doubts about Patrick.

Term limits. 2 and out.

Breds PNM had internal elections a year ago. Rowley REFUSED to challenge Patrick, it was in Ghaguaramas.  The Party has a constitution breds.

The PNM chooses a leader all the time, is jes that the PM usually wins.  And it is done thru an election jes like de one that chose Kamla.

Rowley like to play de arse so he get licks, I eh saying Manning eh make ah mistake cutting him from the cabinet...dat was a major mistake.  But Patrick get elected a PNM political leader.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2010, 12:43:53 AM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2010, 05:31:57 AM »
TC,

Term limits. 2 and out.

Breds PNM had internal elections a year ago. Rowley REFUSED to challenge Patrick, it was in Ghaguaramas.  The Party has a constitution breds.

The PNM chooses a leader all the time, is jes that the PM usually wins.  And it is done thru an election jes like de one that chose Kamla.

Rowley like to play de arse so he get licks, I eh saying Manning eh make ah mistake cutting him from the cabinet...dat was a major mistake.  But Patrick get elected a PNM political leader.

True Trini, because Rowley didn't challenge there was NO ONE ELSE in the whole ah de PNM who could challenge Manning??  And correct mih if a wrong eh, but is the system of electing a leader different from the one in the UNC?? Yuh know the one man, one vote thing is not practised in the PNM.  Isn't that part of the reason why its so hard to remove Manning??

Ah wanted to ask that question on the voting thing since the UNC elections....ah trying to understand how de arse we end up with this cunny Patrick??!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2010, 05:48:26 AM »
True Trini, because Rowley didn't challenge there was NO ONE ELSE in the whole ah de PNM who could challenge Manning??  And correct mih if a wrong eh, but is the system of electing a leader different from the one in the UNC?? Yuh know the one man, one vote thing is not practised in the PNM.  Isn't that part of the reason why its so hard to remove Manning??

in the PNM each party group is allocated a delegate at the convention.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2010, 05:58:58 AM »

in the PNM each party group is allocated a delegate at the convention.

I know and because this is the system, it is alleged that these delegates can be "bought".....I personally prefer the one man, one vote thing......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2010, 06:29:20 AM »
I know and because this is the system, it is alleged that these delegates can be "bought".....I personally prefer the one man, one vote thing......

I don't really think that delegates get bought to be honest. 

The system is somewhat self-perpetuating in the respect that it is precisely the central leadership of the party that is recruiting people to start party groups.

I think the biggest thing is that card-carrying members will always be hesitant to vote against a sitting Prime Minister.  Or to run against him/her for that matter.

Rowley ran against Manning once and I believe that was during the period that they were in Opposition.  Not absolutely sure though.  And of course it wasn't anywhere near as nasty as this last UNC election but that probably comes down solely to Panday.   

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
Boy, basically until we could come up with a formula that genuinely seeks the interest of the people, we are screwed.....by all the current parties in all their different incarnations.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »
Sugar, All yuh,
                          Term limits. 2 and vamanos!!!!

AirMan

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 07:00:22 AM »

Hart Attorneys say he will be back in Trinidad

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyYQAAtUbd0&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yyYQAAtUbd0&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2010, 08:55:45 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HART HOUNDED OUT
DPP to Philbert: Move swiftly on Hart probe
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161605924

Wednesday, March 10th 2010

Former UDeCOTT executive chairman Calder Hart was hounded out of office and the people of the country should be ashamed, Minister of Planning Emily Dick-Forde said yesterday.

Dick-Forde, who is the line minister for UDeCOTT, made the comment during the Senate’s tea break yesterday when asked about Hart’s resignation.

She said: ’Certainly Mr Hart’s resignation would have been a surprise but it also would not have been because I think if any of you as human beings would have been hounded and treated the way he has been, I think you all would understand. I think a resignation is part of normal governance, people move on, but I think the circumstances we in Trinidad and Tobago should be very ashamed of what has happened. A person, a human being has been treated very badly by us.’  ??? :o

Questioned on calls for her to step down in light of the continued controversy revolving UDeCOTT, she responded: ’Calls for me to step down? Totally unaware of that.’

Asked if Hart’s resignation was forced, she said: ’I don’t know anything about that. I see it all over the media, I do not know anything about that.’

As to what Government’s next move will be and if all members of the UDeCOTT board should resign, Dick-Forde said: ’We will deal with that in time. Mr (Michael) Annisette has answered you all very appropriately as far as I am concerned.’

Hart tendered his resignation last Saturday, after which he flew to Florida with his wife Sherrine and young daughter.

His resignation came on the heels of documents obtained by the Congress of the People (COP) which suggest a family link between Hart’s wife and directors of the Sunway company which was awarded a $368 million contract to build the Ministry of Legal Affairs Tower in Port of Spain.

Independent Senator Michael Annisette who is a member of the UDeCOTT board came to Hart’s defence yesterday.

Annisette is also a director of the National Insurance Property Development Company (NIPDEC).

He said there was no truth to reports that he would take up Hart’s position on these boards.

He said as deputy chairman of NIPDEC he might be called on to perform certain functions but he pointed out that there was a deputy chairman in place at UDeCOTT.

He said it was up to line minister Dick-Forde to take appropriate steps with respect to this issue.

Annisette said the controversy surrounding Hart and the documentary evidence was ’still up in the air’.

Reminded that there were marriage and birth certificates which showed Sherrine Hart’s family relationship to the director of the Sunway company, Annisette said: ’These are assumptions. ... I know of documents in Customs and other documents involving UDeCOTT that came out that were looking authentic and at the ending of the day when it went through the scrutiny it was not authentic. I am not here to say whether it is right or wrong, all I am simply saying let the process evolve. It is unfair to anybody to make allegations and to make suggestions until there is incontrovertible evidence.’

Asked if he spoke to Hart since he left the country, Annisette said they spoke on Sunday but he preferred to not divulge what was discussed as it was ’personal’.

Annisette said he expects Hart will return to the country.

He supported a forensic investigation into UDeCOTT, adding: ’I have no cocoa in the sun so I am not afraid.’

Both the UDeCOTT and NIPDEC boards will meet this week. These were planned before Hart’s resignation, he said.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »
She said: ’Certainly Mr Hart’s resignation would have been a surprise but it also would not have been
  ??? ???
:rotfl:

This woman has to be a mindless zombie yes........ent she & she pm was hounding rowley just a few months ago?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »
Dick-Forde for real ?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »
Please... Trinidadians today are a weak people... dey taking that.

Manning squandering the money left right and center- People eh doing nutten about it.
Calder Hart guilty- People eh doing nutten about it.
Places in tnt look like it was in the 1920's- People eh doing nutten about it.
No water, Wasa was not even doing well management in regards to preparing people- People eh doing nutten about it.
Sports and Community Services on a general decline- People eh doing nutten about it.
Crime high- People eh doing nutten about it.
Punishment Low- People eh doing nutten about it.
Police Corrupt- People eh doing nutten about it.
Guns Rampant- People eh doing nutten about it.
Races Divided- People eh doing nutten about it.
Coke and Marajuana doses pass freely in we waters- People eh doing nutten about it.
Chinese Labor- People eh doing nutten about it.
Taiwanese fishing boats fishing we waters dry- People eh doing nutten about it.
Corrupt Politicians- People eh doing nutten about it.
2 Mil Flag constructed by a fireworks company- People eh doing nutten about it.
This list can go on....

Just Take what she say... we like it so

Wine Jam and Fete- if we doh have that yuh go see we in action..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »

Manning squandering the money left right and center- People eh doing nutten about it.
No water, Wasa was not even doing well management in regards to preparing people- People eh doing nutten about it.
Sports and Community Services on a general decline- People eh doing nutten about it.
Coke and Marajuana doses pass freely in we waters- People eh doing nutten about it.
This list can go on....

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

This list can go on....

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
And here it is ladies and gentlemen the POST OF THE WEEK!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »
Dick-Forde for real ?

Boy I thought it couldn't get worse after Gary Hunt's "there is no price on national pride", but apparently this current bunch is quite capable of outdoing one another in the foot-in-mouth department.  Whole day I just trying to keep mih blood pressure down so this is all I'll contribute on the topic....
I just waiting for the king of foot-in-mouth disease to reach back.....laaaawwwdd ah fraid to hear what will spill forth from his lips....<sighs in resignation> 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

AirMan

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »
Kamla Persad-Bissessar to debate UDeCOTT’s board dismissal
Speaker of the House of Representative Barendra Sinanan has given leave to Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, to debate her call for the immediate dismissal of all members of the UDeCOTT board.

That matter is to be raised at Friday's sitting of the House of Representatives. Read the rest here..http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=18894

Housing Minister defends Calder Hart’s departure..

Calder Hart was not forced out or fired by the Government or the ruling party. That's the assertion of UDeCOTT's line Minister Emily Gaynor-Dickford.
 The Minister says Mr. Hart submitted his resignation to the government..
While media reports state that UDeCOTT's executive chairman Calder Hart was fired or asked to resign, the line Minister in charge of the corporation says that's not how it unfolded.
Read the rest here..
 http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=18892
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:27:53 PM by AirMan »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
Dick-Forde for real ?

Boy I thought it couldn't get worse after Gary Hunt's "there is no price on national pride", but apparently this current bunch is quite capable of outdoing one another in the foot-in-mouth department.  Whole day I just trying to keep mih blood pressure down so this is all I'll contribute on the topic....
I just waiting for the king of foot-in-mouth disease to reach back.....laaaawwwdd ah fraid to hear what will spill forth from his lips....<sighs in resignation> 
Is better they go.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »
oh gawd.  :o

..dick forde out do she self today with a new speech - talking about the soul of the nation....

???

anybody see it onthe news tonight?

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »

If Hart resigned on his own accord ah bet Manning will say he refuse to accept it and reinstate him.
Ah want de woman on de bass

AirMan

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »

Minister says we should be ashamed of how T&T treated Calder Hart

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/XoVp0AK3zt0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/XoVp0AK3zt0</a>

1]; } ?>