April 20, 2024, 01:04:18 AM

Author Topic: Xavier Marshall  (Read 4210 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Xavier Marshall
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:32:56 PM »
He is the best cricketer I ever see play , his class is so superb , his stroke play is maginifcent , his strike rate is out of this world . But his best asset is his consistency , he has proven to be the most consistent batsman in west indies cricket . Who cares for Brian Lara when you have the majestic X factor . I would like to commend the selectors the coach and the captain , who none of this brilliance would be shown if it was not for their wise decision.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Xavier Marshall
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
lol...arrow real teachin men on this forum
Back in Trini...

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »
Rally round the Windies now guys.

Nuff time for fighting AFTER wi win, ok?

Chanders gone, but Ramdin ah bat good good!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
De X man only holding out for Bravo.  Look for Simmo or Hinds next match both double centurions this season.  We need an opener real bad.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »
I dont give a hoot, as long as we win!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »
He is the best cricketer I ever see play , his class is so superb , his stroke play is maginifcent , his strike rate is out of this world . But his best asset is his consistency , he has proven to be the most consistent batsman in west indies cricket . Who cares for Brian Lara when you have the majestic X factor . I would like to commend the selectors the coach and the captain , who none of this brilliance would be shown if it was not for their wise decision.
u have to be ah guyanese.allyuh jealous lara bad bad.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »

Could not agree wit u more.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »
Is always Lara fault!!!!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
I am sure(well atlest i hope) he was being sarcastic, because Mr.Marshall lorse he wicket like ah real bobolee di morning.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
He was being extremely sarcastic and not very subtle about it either. Marshall is certain to be dropped after this match. Everyone else has looked far more comfortable than him in this match, even Smith who made 6. We've been needing a good opener for some time now.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
He was being extremely sarcastic and not very subtle about it either. Marshall is certain to be dropped after this match. Everyone else has looked far more comfortable than him in this match, even Smith who made 6. We've been needing a good opener for some time now.

west indies have good openers and batsmen to replace these clowns, dale richards, ryan hinds, ganga, barath, simmons and recently bravo jr, the technique on the batsmen just listed are far superior to that of devon smith, marshall, nash and even sarwan i might add.

i wont even talk about bowlers bc benn shouldnt have been there in the 1st place but the insularity and racism in the west indies is more and more evident by the day, jaggernauth, mohammed then miller is the pecking order for spinners, benn couldnt even take a 5 wicket haul in regionals, which says alot for better spinners, i could imagine if jaggy got a chance or mohammed like benn has been given.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »
Which country is strongest in cricket in the Caribbean at the moment?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »

trinidad and tobago, which country has the most youth talent? trinidad and tobago

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »
Talent and $1 will buy you a Guardian newspaper.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »

trinidad and tobago, which country has the most youth talent? trinidad and tobago
Who has won the most regional competitions over the last 5 years?

Honest question.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 03:43:39 PM »

Honest question.

thats a vague question, odis or tests, 20/20s or the kfc cup? you do remember we had 3 titles prior to this year

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 03:46:16 PM »

thats what you do on a regular basis, but im talking about talented youth cricketers like darren bravo, adrian barath which lara coaches and sees immense talent unlike your critical and never supporting self, lendl simmons who is more valuable than devon smith and xman, oh yea kieron pollard, sunil narine, william perkins also. when will you ever support your own trinis for once and stop sitting on the fence like an idiot and realize the talent we have.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 08:48:56 AM »

Honest question.

thats a vague question, odis or tests, 20/20s or the kfc cup? you do remember we had 3 titles prior to this year
All of them combined as well as the 4 day game...Go ahead, please give me the results form the last 5 years.

Offline Yardie08

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 10:47:39 AM »

thats what you do on a regular basis, but im talking about talented youth cricketers like darren bravo, adrian barath which lara coaches and sees immense talent unlike your critical and never supporting self, lendl simmons who is more valuable than devon smith and xman, oh yea kieron pollard, sunil narine, william perkins also. when will you ever support your own trinis for once and stop sitting on the fence like an idiot and realize the talent we have.

It sounds like T&T ready to pull out of the WI and add another team to the ICC. Sometimes "quality" players at the regional level don't transition well into international cricket. You can't argue that Pollard played himself out of the team, similarly I was surprised that Marshall got on the pitch in Jamaica. Benn, "who can't get in the top 5 spinners" however has grasped his opportunity with both hand, it is pure unjustified speculation how any other spinner would have done better.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »
This was a great victory!  Now we have to build on that, first by sensible selections.  There is no question, based on results that Devon Smith and Xavier Marshall have had enough opportunities, which were not afforded to Daren Ganga and spinners - until now. We badly need a reliable opening pair.  Lendl Simmons deserves a shot and when Dwayne Bravo returns, this could be a great team.  Daren Bravo, Kemar Roach and Adrian Barath need to be groomed beginning now to come into the team in the near future.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
This was a great victory!  Now we have to build on that, first by sensible selections.  There is no question, based on results that Devon Smith and Xavier Marshall have had enough opportunities, which were not afforded to Daren Ganga and spinners - until now. We badly need a reliable opening pair.  Lendl Simmons deserves a shot and when Dwayne Bravo returns, this could be a great team.  Daren Bravo, Kemar Roach and Adrian Barath need to be groomed beginning now to come into the team in the near future.

R U disputing the points Dwolfman raised? Di man play 48 matches, so how you mean he dont get a fair chance?

"Ganga is a proven failure at the international level... PERIOD! Again, why compare down to someone else who is not up to the level of the game? Nash and Findlay have just started. Nash in 2 test matches in New Zealand scored 162 runs at an average of 74 with 2 50s. Add 55 to it in this match here in Jamaica. Findlay has yet to play a test match. Ganga in 48 matches averages 25 and Samuels in 29 averages 28 and has as many 50s. Ganga spoiled his own career and I'm sure he is man enough to accept it. I don't understand how they've had better chances than Ganga to prove themselves at the international level."

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »

R U disputing the points Dwolfman raised? Di man play 48 matches, so how you mean he dont get a fair chance?

"Ganga is a proven failure at the international level... PERIOD! Again, why compare down to someone else who is not up to the level of the game? Nash and Findlay have just started. Nash in 2 test matches in New Zealand scored 162 runs at an average of 74 with 2 50s. Add 55 to it in this match here in Jamaica. Findlay has yet to play a test match. Ganga in 48 matches averages 25 and Samuels in 29 averages 28 and has as many 50s. Ganga spoiled his own career and I'm sure he is man enough to accept it. I don't understand how they've had better chances than Ganga to prove themselves at the international level."

darren powell is a proven failure also, why doesnt gayle remove him from the team and play sammy?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
Powell from d yard while Sammy not from d yard.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 02:58:12 AM »
Powell from d yard while Sammy not from d yard.

They must be doing something right...look at the results.

I am from Jamaica but I dont give a damn who gets picked as long as we win! I like the current decision making process.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
steups, freaky shit happens sometimes...... and this win was one of them.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 08:25:22 AM »
steups, freaky shit happens sometimes...... and this win was one of them.

As long as freaky shite keeps happening, I will be happy!

What is the goal? Winning or getting your personal picks included?

As one bretheren before said..."win baby, WIN"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 10:03:32 AM »

What does supporting T&T have to do with selecting the best team? Or even with being fair, consistent and basing decisions on merit? Wanting these guys to do well and wanting to see them represent the Windies has nothing to do with realistically assessing if they deserve to be on the team.

Again, I done respond after this. I am all for a proper cricketing debate, not arguments over how many Trinis need to be on the Windies team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »
Powell doh deserve 2 b on d team.

1]; } ?>