April 25, 2024, 11:30:46 AM

Author Topic: A New pilot project  (Read 952 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A New pilot project
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:07 AM »
I was contacted by an Individual by the name of Anthony Charles who in conjunction with the University of Trinidad and Tobago has started this new type of training for athletes , It suppose to increase times and conditioning of athletes . I found thier proposal quite interesting , Ato I am forwarding this information to you , to let me know if it might or actually work and secondly if the nutrients supplements they used is all legal. But if it is legal I am thinking of trying to get athletes such as Jacey Harper , Kevon Pierre etc , and monitor them and see if they get any improvements in their times , I also think Fana might be a suitable canidate . Tell me what you think. It is actually using Karate techniques to improve the athletes

THE NATIONAL SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
AND
CONTINUAL AWARENESS TRAINING SYSTEM PROGRAMME
“Be True to the School (clan). Be honourable. Be Willing to Serve.”
(Contact @ 799 – 8902)

FOR TRAINING CENTERS, GYMS AND TRAINING FACILITIES.

This program focuses on the development of young individuals for sporting scholarships to both local and foreign universities; business professionals and other members of the general public.
N.B.  Sporting discipline mandatory/compulsory. E.g. aviation, athletics, basketball & football. Martial Arts Training (through C.A.T.S), is compulsory for secondary and tertiary level students.

The Continual Awareness Training System or C.A.T.S., is a programme designed for an individual or group to the mind and body to engender living in a continually safe environment and achieve increased balance: mentally, emotionally, and physically.

This is done by applying training in the following areas:
•   Mental Awareness
•   Nutrition
•   Attitudinal Techniques
•   Language Appreciation
•   Breathing and Bio – Electrical Control
•   Body Control through proper exercise
•   Environmental Control

For persons who seek the advantage of a pro-active system to deal with an environment which may become hostile; this programme offers the opportunity to do so a non-lethal a way as possible. The programme goes beyond the conventions of thought. An example of its uniqueness is in the language:

FEAR---------------------------------------   becomes-------------   POSITIVE THOUGHT!
TRY-----------------------------------------becomes--------------WILL DO!
AN ATITUDE OF FAILURE ---------becomes-------------AN ATTITUDE OF                CONTINUOUS PROGRESS          AND SUCCESS.

Our aims and objectives for each person coming into the programme is very proactive:
1.   To promote Holistic Health
2.   To promote the use and teachings of Natural Therapies as a companion to Physical Medicine applied by qualified practitioners.
3.   To develop competitive spirit through our sport activities, in the N.S.S.C.D.P.
4.   To develop self esteem, confidence, health, strength, discipline and sportsmanship.
5.   To develop positive attitude among all people regardless of ethnicity, religious preference or any other social criteria.

The programmes main guided activities are:
•   Continual Awareness “Tactics”
•   Martial Arts History and Science of Motion.
•   All scholarship sports
•    Use of Strategy and Mental Interpretation.
•   Training in Naturopathic Science and Medicine.

All activities are open to male and female persons and provide the opportunity to gain ACADEMIC BASED SCHOLARSHIPS based on performance in school (or other tertiary education.)
   The organization promotes and engages in competition including Regional, World and Olympic Games.   

The programme is broken into three month training periods, during which candidates are conditioned in the following areas. (Subject to change with continued training in specific sports.)

1.   Mind set exercises. Breath control
2.   Self discovery through Discussion, Writing and Acting
3.   Mental assessment using language
a)   Mental Speed
b)   Different Languages
c)   Speaking, Spelling and Interpreting

4.   Warm up Exercises / Callisthenics. Track Running
5.   Body movement: Rolling, Falling, Holding and Looking.
6.   Learning Front, Side And Rear Responses.
7.   Countering Verbal and Physical Confrontations, Non Violently.
8.   Dealing with stress – healing yourself: Mind, Body and Diet
9.   Punching and Striking Interception / Sport specific Activity

A basic daily lesson plan follows:
a) Mind set exercises. Prayer          - 5-7 min
b) Affirmations: Oath: Creed          - 5.7 min
c) Callisthenics and Stretching          - 20 min
d) Stances, Rolls, Falls and Direct Action    - 45 min
e) Running (Track athletes)          - 45 min
f) Lesson review / Notes             - 15 min
g) Cooling down. Staying positive       - 10- 13 min

Possible Maximum Lesson Time       - 1 Hr 45 min

CLASSES IN THE FOLLOWING DISCIPLINES:
A)   Personal protection tactics for business professionals.
B)   Continual Awareness Training (Jujitsu) for students under 18yrs
C)   Bujutsu systems for adults; including Tai – Chi Qi – Gong.
(Special group rates available)

(While “Martial Arts” students are practising “Direct Action,” “athletes” will, at the same time be exercising.)

1]; } ?>