April 26, 2024, 03:14:45 AM

Author Topic: Warriors allow El Salvador a great come back.  (Read 26601 times)

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors allow El Salvador a great come back.
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
listen my two biggest problems this team need to solve quickly before the Honduras game and definitely before the USA game is defending we flanks and efficiently being prepared for several different game situations. first things first we are horrible defensively on the flanks. with the exception of carlos, and thats only in some situations not all, our wide midfielders arent defending. keon daniel usually plays well for us attacking down the flanks (he had a poor game last night), but he is a defensive liability for us. we knew this before but it was made glaring last night for other teams to see. the scouting report on this team is to overload our left side....daniel dont track back and edwards is a goat. u can see even in the first half that the El Salvador wing backs was over lapping constantly and causing us defensive problems. on the right side, spann looking clueless positionally in defense. many times he uses his pace to out run the salvadorians and that kept him from causing us further grief in defense. but if he comes up against the US who does be flying down them flanks it all over. IMO we need to change our wing backs and have daniel more responsible for his defensive duties.

all profesional teams have a game plan on any given situation during a game. situational training is key to allow players on the field understand their role when the situation presents itself. it was quite evident that there was no game plan to handle wat we faced last night....playing in a hostile environment and with the lead with 15 mins to go! we must come up with a plan for all situations...how we going to play if we down by one goal, with 10 mins left...we going to switch formation, we going and allow our flankers to constantly overlap..wat plans are in place? the coaching staff need to better prepare our players for situational circumstances in these games.

outside of those two things, i was more or less satisfied with the composure and structure of the team at times. we looked better shape wise for periods of the first half when we were dominating, but as soon as we lost the shape u cud see the Salvadorians running at we. i'm highly disappointed at the result but i saw some positives last night that, if continued, we can build on those and hopefully work on the things that led to the downfall. :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:57:37 AM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:37 AM »
anybody realise Stern slip on de penalty? 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2009, 09:36:25 AM »

York would not have slipped  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »

He shouldn'ta been takin it in de fuss place.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »

anybody realise Dwight didn't slip on he penalty?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »
De last time Stern take a penalty kick was for Southampton sometime last year and...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2290397/Costly-miss-by-Stern-John-benefits-Norwich.html

I still doh blame him for de (what feels like a) loss, though.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »
Apparently Fuentes said this morning that Ince Birchall and Yorke all out vs Honduras

If Leon play in dat game...we losing

CM's have to be

-----Noel----Bleeder---

both experienced... Maybe Hyland but i dnt trust him yet... 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »

To be accurate Stern slipped after the penalty! Look again carefully!!
Guess he decided its best to make it look like a slip to try to save face when he realised the ball was going over the bar!  :'( Unfortunately these things do happen in football, Dwight should take the blame for not taking the penalty! Us making the game safe and demoralising ES was more important than Stern trying to score his 70th goal for T&T! Securing 3 points is more important than individual fame for any player!!

We need to have designated players for doing various jobs like taking penalties, free-kicks, etc and stop doing these things by vaps, they should be pre-planned!! If Stern is not the designated penalty taker who has been fined tuned in training for taking excellent 100% guaranteed to score penalties then he has no right stepping forward to take penalties during crucial games like these!!

Also as a man above said we need to prepare our players for various tactical situations during training!
Do we do this? This preparedness as to what tactics to use with 15mins to go depending on the scoreline is crucial for any world class team to master if they wish to qualify for a world cup! Maturana needs to do his job as head coach & tactician or go back to being a dentist!!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:12:56 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
But fellas in all seriousness.  That midfield did not create enough to benefit from KJ.  We played very scrappy.  Birchy worked hard but he didn't create as many chances.  We need to sure up that engine room or we might as well just work on defending.   We were winning but we weren't out playing them.  It's only a matter of time before our luck ran out.  Maybe it's good that it run out in that game.  Now we can prepare. Yorke did say that coming in Sunday for Wed. is not enough time for the team to be together and prepare as a unit.  I did see the struggle last night.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
How could the coaches allow Elsalvador to run at us in the 2nd half
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
Its unbelievable..... how could the coaches allow Elsalvador to run at us in 2nd half, maybe our defence is not as good, we were nervous and caught out of position most of the time, make no mistake the other teams will be looking to exploit our weakness.

UNBELIEVABLE......

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2009, 10:11:49 AM »
well was real upset after dropping the two points las nite...but honestly not a terrible result.
However woke up this morning to worse news that T&T football had lost one of its main supporters.
My good friend Jonny Inglefield passed away last night after a car accident by Westmoorings after the game.
Ingas was one of the people who came every T&T game, including wen it was only like 100 of us in de stadium to watch warm ups agains Guyana.
RIP brudda...fish on in paradise
Back in Trini...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »
well was real upset after dropping the two points las nite...but honestly not a terrible result.
However woke up this morning to worse news that T&T football had lost one of its main supporters.
My good friend Jonny Inglefield passed away last night after a car accident by Westmoorings after the game.
Ingas was one of the people who came every T&T game, including wen it was only like 100 of us in de stadium to watch warm ups agains Guyana.
RIP brudda...fish on in paradise

sorry to hear that brother.  Condolenses to you and his family.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How could the coaches allow Elsalvador to run at us in the 2nd half
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2009, 10:30:42 AM »
allow ??... 2-0 down at home...is run self...
and we defend it by keeping 2 strikers on for 90 mins..
SSFL
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 10:48:20 AM »
Apparently Fuentes said this morning that Ince Birchall and Yorke all out vs Honduras

CM's have to be

-----Noel----Bleeder---

How come ?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »
SSFL

That's what happens when Latas is de man callin de shots... 8)

We play 4-5-1 throughout de entire campaign and de GC qualifiers.  All of a sudden de fuss match in de Hex we playin 4-4-2?  And play it for de entire game?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: stern should neva wear another tnt uniform
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2009, 10:50:45 AM »

Omar yuh must have been watching another game ,becuz I had tuh ask de same question bout KJ . Stern was definately de more active player between de two. What game yuh was watching ,de Derby game or wha  ;)

Beris, hush likkle bit nuh.

The man had a chance to kill of a game and send the ball in the stands and you still defending him to the end.

The oh so brilliant Stern turn was slow as hell and he know it, that is why he fall down when the defender give him the slightest touch. The referee gifted us that penalty, no other league in no other part of the world we would ah get that penalty. That was sorf like butter in the sun. Stern jes doh have the speed to turn and blow pass a defender like say a Fernando Torres.

Berris, is time to stop yuh blind patriotism.

Més que un club.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »
we allow salvador too much space on top the box to operate, we should have been closing dem down 30 yards out in our first third, next ting i dont understand is why we kept with a 442 and didnt switch to a 451 and introduced a defensive mid ???

all in all we threw away 2 points, we should be grateful we didnt lose, we walked away with a draw which is not bad bc they were suppose to win.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »
I hope we dont end up like Jamaica where the first game could come back and haunt us. We had SLV for the killing. Stern miss his second penalty for T&T so far, one vs Mexico and now vs SLV, he shouldn't be allowed to take anymore in the future. But I cant blame for, he worked his ass off whole game.

Our defence was piss poor except for Lawrence.

Ince was a class act.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »

he slipped after he struck the ball terribly because he looked back up instead of eyes on the ball

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »
shameful how those little men pushed us back for the last quarter of the game

you think we would ever show that kinda fight at home 2 nil down? i doubt

thats the difference between a team that qualifies and a team that consistently disappoints
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:15:56 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »
shameful how thos elittle men pushed us back for the last quarter of the game

you think we woul dever show that kinda fight at home 2 nil down? i doubt

thats the difference betweena team that qualifies and a team that disappoints

Hang in for the rough ride....

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »
Let me start off by saying that I am glad that the team came away with one point. Had that game gone on for ten more minutes, it would have been curtains for our team.

Let's look at the positives:

1) We get a point from an AWAY game in the first match of the HEX. Keep in mind that Trinidad & Tobago have never won the first game of the final round of qualifying and especially doing this is a central american territory. We are famous for not performing up to par here for many years.

2) The team showed heart and fight for about 70mins. I admit many of the players did not look fit and were not fluent but they tried extremely hard. If we had done this against Cuba in the first half or even the Gold Cup, we would not have had problems.

3) We have a HOME game next even though it is against Honduras and they did give us a whooping in the 2000 qualifiers at home and they have a a vendetta against us for knocking them out of contention for the World Cup in 2000. If we play to our full strength come March 28th, we will be successful. Four points from two games, man this even sweeter than the lasy qualifiers (hopefully).

Now the negatives:

1) We should have shut the opposition especially early in the second half. Why did Yorke not take the penalty is a mystery.

2) Fitness. By the second half, many of our players were just gone. Come on, we are going into hostile terrirtory and we are not fit. If this was Mexico, Honduras, USA, Costa Rica, it would have been trouble.

3) Defence. Once agin our defence was all over the place, giving the opposition too much space and getting confused by the diagonal ball. Nothing new in our football

In the end, we got a draw in an AWAY match and I am content with that. However, we need to improve quickly. Firing the coach now will not help and I am sure many of the waggonists on this site are just jumping on the bandwagon of criticism. I sure if we beat Honduras no matter how bad we play, they will support praise the team instead. Let's get this match out of our systems and look forward to the next nine to come.

South Africa, here we come!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors allow El Salvador to come back.
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »
1 When Keyeno thomas had to come off,makan came on and was givin away silly fouls at d edge of the box(two resultin in goals).

Very much Agreed...he look real shakey

My greatest fear was realized at dat pt. Morvant y they eh like yuh boi.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2009, 12:12:21 PM »
D glass 1/2 full but it shoulda b overflowin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
I did not see the game, but from all the analysis I have read T&T need to be more solid and composed in defence. How could you give up 2 goals in 11 minutes to El Salvador, Was Kenwyn Jones air advantage ever utilized by  crosses? This should have been a big part of the T&T's brainthrust's game plan.This is a huge asset for T&T. With bigger games coming up, this asset should to be exploited.  

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
first things first we are horrible defensively on the flanks. with the exception of carlos, and thats only in some situations not all, our wide midfielders arent defending. keon daniel usually plays well for us attacking down the flanks (he had a poor game last night), but he is a defensive liability for us. we knew this before but it was made glaring last night for other teams to see. the scouting report on this team is to overload our left side....daniel dont track back and edwards is a goat.

We do have problems in this department but if we are to be fair, El Salvador carved us up with some nice diagonal passes and runs right thru the heart of our defense.  Look at where those fouls took place and who were the offenders.   We don't have great defenders, not by a long shot, but we can compensate for their deficiences by playing to a collective team strategy.  Beenie did it, why can't we do it now? One answer is the level of fitness of the defensive mids.  I never saw big men suck air like I did last night.

But say what......

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

CM's have to be

-----Noel----Bleeder---

How come ?

apparently the yellow cards carried over from the group of 4 and they had 1 before last night...   that is real shit... they should get a clean slate in the hex

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »

CM's have to be

-----Noel----Bleeder---

Lord have his mercy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »
SSFL

That's what happens when Latas is de man callin de shots... 8)

We play 4-5-1 throughout de entire campaign and de GC qualifiers.  All of a sudden de fuss match in de Hex we playin 4-4-2?  And play it for de entire game?

Ent we strt d WCQ wit 3-5-2 and we neva play it b4 so we continue 2 do dd unexpected. Remember we is d team dat cyah b scouted.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2009, 12:40:36 PM »
We asked fuh padnahs to run de team.  Well we get it...and it come back to bite we in we ass now.
:beermug: :beermug:

Palos ah hear yuh LOUD and CLEAR on this one.  But doesn't this point to us not having a true head coach that the players respect?  I can't remember this sort of action under Beenie.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>