April 18, 2024, 03:00:31 PM

Author Topic: Brazil v Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 4283 times)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Brazil v Trinidad & Tobago
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »
Hypothetical situation:

T&T finishes fourth in the hex and Brazil finishes fifth in CONMEBOL. Do you think a substantial amount T&T fans would wear Brazil jerseys to the home game?

I had this argument with a couple fellas from work and I was saying I don’t think so. They were saying they wouldn’t be surprised.

1. They brought up the point that Trinis go watch India play cricket in the oval and wear India colours. I figured it was because if you are a Trini Indian you would have more of a connection with India than just any average Trini would have with Brazil.

2. Then they also mentioned the amount of Trinis that wore England jerseys, when England came down here to play us in June. My argument was that if the England game was a competitive World Cup qualifier Trinis would have been more patriotic. Basically I defended Trini football fans on this one. I hope I right.

Confirm that for me nah
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:50:57 PM by dwn »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil v Trinidad
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »
You might be suprised. De amount of england jersey i see in de stadium dat day.....stadium might be full with lemon yellow and all.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:08:44 PM »
you might see some yellow for the sole sake of watching Brazil, but in the case that it was the qualifier to get to S. Africa, that stadium go be red
whey boy!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »
RED
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
A stadium full ah RED!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »
if it was a friendly, you would see a lot of yellow shirts...

I think for WC qualificiation, people would wear red.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
Two things, first is we are Trinidad AND Tobago, not Trinidad. Second, as many people in T&T who like Brasil there are as many who don't. In addition, I also think we'll go to the stadium in red and when we have to cheer the Brasilians.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:04:20 PM »
Two things, first is we are Trinidad AND Tobago, not Trinidad. Second, as many people in T&T who like Brasil there are as many who don't. In addition, I also think we'll go to the stadium in red and when we have to cheer the Brasilians.

first thing i notice bout the thread was that...say brownsugar go leggo some cuss jus now...
i think most will wear red but some waggonist go throw on their brazil colours
Back in Trini...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »
It have a man who wear a brazil jersey in all the WCQ I went to thus far.

And he is a proper trini.

DWN yuh cyar fault a man if he like Ronaldinho more than Daniel.

But arghm...lewwe not  blight the scene with this playoff talk. We qualifying in 2nd spot after the USA.  mexico will be 3rd.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
if we have to face brazil to get in WC, what shirt man wearing is gonna be the least of our worries
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 02:10:05 PM »
if we have to face brazil to get in WC, what shirt man wearing is gonna be the least of our worries

:rotfl:

Yuh saying that Akile Edwards cyah hold down Pato or?

::)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
if it was a friendly some people might support brazil, but not 4 a world cup match.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 03:02:47 PM »

first thing i notice bout the thread was that...say brownsugar go leggo some cuss jus now...
i think most will wear red but some waggonist go throw on their brazil colours

>:( >:(
Yeah DWN.....correct yuh mistake nah....or else I'll wear yellow..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »
if it was a friendly some people might support brazil, but not 4 a world cup match.

Not even in a friendly should a Trini support any other team.
I wish that I was at the England game. I would have cuss all them people who was supporting England against their own Country.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

Not even in a friendly should a Trini support any other team.
I wish that I was at the England game. I would have cuss all them people who was supporting England against their own Country.
Che, ya woulda get Laryngitis oui ;D
nearly the whole HCS was wearing the St George's Cross. :devil:
I am sure some of dem ManUBuntas was in all ah dat ::)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:12:57 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »
they go want to learn portogee and dance de samba too.nah jus kiddin.it will b ah sea of red and de end of tnt WC hopes.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
.... They brought up the point that Trinis go watch India play cricket in the oval and wear India colours. I figured it was because if you are a Trini Indian you would have more of a connection with India than just any average Trini would have with Brazil.

2. Then they also mentioned the amount of Trinis that wore England jerseys, when England came down here to play us in June. My argument was that if the England game was a competitive World Cup qualifier Trinis would have been more patriotic. Basically I defended Trini football fans on this one. I hope I right......

Since everybody ducking it, I will address it, but I 'fraid we turn the thread into one of the 100 or so other threads that turn into race talk. But here goes anyways ....

Have you ever stopped to wonder why "Trini Indians" support India/ Pakistan over the West Indies?
It isn't the connection with India that comes first, but some of the Trini Indians felt slighted and marginalised because Trini Indians, viz Rangy Nanan & Rajendranath Dhanraj, couldn't get a proper sweat/ chance to represent the West Indies for a significant period in West Indies cricket, and thus aligned themselves with the team that represented their demographic.

I can bet that if you move that same "Indian colour wearing crowd" to the HCS for TT vs India Football match, they will turn out in red.

Trinis wearing England shirts to the TT-ENG game was an opportunity to show off that they have a famalee living in the UK.
To me, that's just as stupid as the fools who wear sweaters and scarves in 90 degree Trinidad to go fete.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »
A stadium full ah RED!!
Red all over the Jep Nest

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
......Red all over the Jep Nest.....

Ah love that..... :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »
It have a man who wear a brazil jersey in all the WCQ I went to thus far.

And he is a proper trini.

DWN yuh cyar fault a man if he like Ronaldinho more than Daniel.

But arghm...lewwe not  blight the scene with this playoff talk. We qualifying in 2nd spot after the USA.  mexico will be 3rd.

Must cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »

Two things, first is we are Trinidad AND Tobago, not Trinidad.

come on people its been bout 40 years now since we been THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

I KNOW THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE PLACE BUT WE NEED TO SAY THE RIGHT THING. IF YOU FIND THE AFOREMENTIONED TOO LONG SAY T&T

as for who would wear what.. A high profile game againt brazil should be fulla red.. that when planes pass over d stadia they would think is some kinda blood bath going on.. im thinking like how Bloddy Bay in tobago might have been when they were fighting

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 06:05:55 AM »
Sadly in some backward countries they wouldn't hesitate to wear foreign colours of a big team, eg. England, Brazil etc.  TT is no different.

But for a WC qualifier even we eh dat stupid. Red all the way.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 06:37:49 AM »

Two things, first is we are Trinidad AND Tobago, not Trinidad.

come on people its been bout 40 years now since we been THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

I KNOW THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE PLACE BUT WE NEED TO SAY THE RIGHT THING. IF YOU FIND THE AFOREMENTIONED TOO LONG SAY T&T

as for who would wear what.. A high profile game againt brazil should be fulla red.. that when planes pass over d stadia they would think is some kinda blood bath going on.. im thinking like how Bloddy Bay in tobago might have been when they were fighting

DWN.....yuh harden!!....fix the title of this thread please and thanks....mih patience wearing thin eh.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 07:24:35 AM »
As long as Hardest play we go win

God is de BOSS!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 08:02:31 AM »
As long as Hardest play we go win

God is de BOSS!
and we would have had a WC Trophy since Germany
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »
You might be suprised. De amount of england jersey i see in de stadium dat day.....stadium might be full with lemon yellow and all.

most of thos eengland jerseys and i was there too so this is my observation were on girls (beckham) and and local indian men (who quick to jump on the better wagon when it passing, usually the same local indian men who support indian and pkaistan when they rinsing west indian arse) and die hard manu fans with no sense of patirotism)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 09:04:48 AM »
most of thos eengland jerseys and i was there too so this is my observation were on girls (beckham) and and local indian men (who quick to jump on the better wagon when it passing, usually the same local indian men who support indian and pkaistan when they rinsing west indian arse) and die hard manu fans with no sense of patirotism)

Your sense of observation must be very acute to recognise that the same indian men who does wear Indian Cricket Team shirts in the Oval is the same indian men who does wear England shirts in the stadium.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 05:04:02 PM »

Your sense of observation must be very acute to recognise that the same indian men who does wear Indian Cricket Team shirts in the Oval is the same indian men who does wear England shirts in the stadium.

:rotfl:

A WC Qualifier against Brazil?!    I wearin' a Flamengo shirt!    :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil v Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »
BM here...nah we go wear blue and white stripes..let them think we is argentina..
we go give dem five.. stern scoring all and then celebrate by running in the crowd and break in Disgruntled mouth..

1]; } ?>