April 20, 2024, 03:29:00 AM

Author Topic: Saving money = spending more money  (Read 776 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Saving money = spending more money
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »
So I just get off the phone with time warner. I called them because I wanted to add showtime for a bit. The Tudors starts next weekend and I love that show. The monthly bill for the cable/internet at present is $165. No premiums cause I took that off in November. But we have 3 DVRs and they cost bout $10 each. Usually each premium is about $15 extra per month per channel but time warner have some good packages at times.  The rep I spoke to was so damned good. He re-did my bill, took out the internet package part of it (which was around $40 a month) and then put it back as part of a new promo they offering at the moment. Internet at $20 a month locked in for a year. Then he took the cable package we had and re-did it. Added on Showtime, and convinced me to add Encore, and Starz and their on-demand channels. With that came Fox Movie, Independent, Flix and sundance I think it was. So when he got done adding and fiddling with the bill, the new monthly bill is $171 after tax. And it lock in for a year. I love my time warner.  I tell him i calling him in June when everyone on vacation and then I'll add on the other premiums. He checked and if I add everything on, all the premiums, the bill would come to $205. But after he fiddle around with the figures some more and switch some packages again he get the bill down to under $190 with all the premiums and high speed net. He gimmie his direct extension, tell me whenever i ready call him. I was soo tempted to tell him hook everything up one time. But I am being good. I am saving money cause you girl want to go trinidad twice in the next six months and the mista say he only going to fund one of those trips cause we have to plan summer vacation with the kids. But ....... I am so tempted.... I have the man extension number and everything.....i think I hear HBO calling my name..... must be good.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Saving money = spending more money
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »
 :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>