April 24, 2024, 05:46:31 AM

Author Topic: Warriors arrive in Nashville in search of more points.  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors arrive in Nashville in search of more points.
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:42:25 AM »
Warriors arrive in Nashville in search of more points.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Footballers inclusive of English-based duo Chris Birchall and goalkeeper Clayton Ince, both back from suspension, settled in Nashville after arriving there on Sunday night for the upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifier against the United States at 7:45pm (TT Time).

Captain Dwight Yorke also traveled with the squad and will take part in training despite his ineligibility for Wednesday’s encounter. 

The team arrived in two batches after taking connecting flights out of Atlanta before checking in at the Hilton Hotel in Nashville. The players spent most of early Monday off their legs with Francisco Maturana carding a training session for 6:30pm (7:30pm TT Time) at the Trevecca College Ground in what has been relatively chilly conditions here.

T&T’s goalscorer in Saturday’s draw, Khaleem Hyland spoke about the team’s mood going into Wednesday’s clash at the LP Stadium, describing it as upbeat.

“I feel right now we are in a confident mood but at the same time we know how difficult it’s going to be because America never likes losing a game, especially at home,” Hyland told TTFF Media on Monday.

“But our team knows how important a good result will be. We have to be confident because we are away from home. Getting the point on Saturday was still good because remained unbeaten. I think we need to stay organized for as long as possible in Wednesday’s game and take our chances as they come. We also need to ensure we don’t give them too many easy opportunities,” added the Belgium-based player.

Brighton midfielder Chris Birchall is back in the squad following his one match suspension and he is eagerly awaiting the chance to have a go at the Americans.

“I haven’t had a chance really to have a go at them in World Cup qualifiers away from home so hopefully this opportunity will present itself and I can make something happen for us,” Birchall said.

“I’m really worked up for this one and I think if we can show that kind of fight that we did earlier in the campaign, especially as we did in our away matches then our chances of gaining something here in Nashville can be really good. Win, lose or draw the spirit in our team is always a good one so I don’t think it would be right to say that we are too disappointed with having not won against Honduras but at the same time we know how critical this game on Wednesday is for us and we need to be up for the challenge,” he added.

Currently there are no injury worries in the camp following Saturday’s draw with all players traveling including back up goalkeeper Marvin Phillip with only Glenroy Samuel and Ataullah Guerra being left home.

Meantime US  National Team head coach Bob Bradley has added Chivas USA defender Jonathan Bornstein to the roster for the USA's World Cup qualifier against Trinidad & Tobago.

Bornstein has 14 career appearances for the full team, and was on the roster for the USA's 2-0 win against Mexico to open final round qualifying. He has one World Cup qualifying cap to his credit, a start in the 2-0 win against Guatemala on Nov. 19, 2008, to close out the semifinal round.

More than 17,000 tickets have been sold for USA-Trinidad & Tobago, presented by Dodge, on April 1 at LP Field in Nashville. Kickoff is set for 6:45 p.m CT live on ESPN2 and Galavision.

U.S. defender Oguchi Onyewu, who had started six of the USA’s nine qualifiers for 2010 so far, will missed their 2-2 draw with El Salvador because of a knee strain in training but is expected to be fit for Wednesday while goalie Tim Howard is back from a one game suspension.

VIDEOS

Watch the Warriors Train

View Arrival Video
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors arrive in Nashville in search of more points.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:44:30 AM »
birchall sounds like he plan to fire some long range missiles . mi thinks obama might want 2 hear about this
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 05:29:02 AM »
Very nice... Thanx SF

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:34:19 AM »
how we always arriving in 2 batches? Is too much for everybody to travel together?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 06:14:34 AM »
KJ turn water boy?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »
I want commend Fuentes for the improved coverage.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54:15 AM »

I totally agree!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 07:09:25 AM »
birchall sounds like he plan to fire some long range missiles . mi thinks obama might want 2 hear about this

MI6 in dey mudder's CIA...dey go find out why he wear (00)7

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 07:28:38 AM »
one ting bout de white boy,he does play with alot more heart than de born and bred.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
Thanks Shaun... watching both vids the vybes good man

Come Maturana..pick the right squad and we beating USA

also.. :beermug: Dwight... to come home and travel to USA to train and motivate deserves some credit...keep it up skip

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »
one ting bout de white boy,he does play with alot more heart than de born and bred.

ent
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »
Ah suppose we football not based on aggression like British football so it understandable why Chris play like that,its always a nice mix with our British based and the Trini based.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »
Ah suppose we football not based on aggression like British football so it understandable why Chris play like that,its always a nice mix with our British based and the Trini based.
we so blessed with talent we take it for granted,thanks for the vids sf team spirit looks good & yes Dwight deserve some credit for being with the guys good luck guys.......................

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
so KJ is de exception.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »

No offence, but I think that's a very simplistic statement to make.

Because a man have a different style of play doesn't necessarily translate into that player having or playing with "more heart" than others.

That's just Birchall's style of play.  Is like sayin dat Tino Best does play with more heart than Jerome Taylor.  Tino Best simply hyper.  Taylor isn't.  It doesn't mean one has more heart dan de other.  It just means one is more demonstrative.

You cannot tell me that Christopher Birchall has any more heart than Stern John or Russell Latapy or Dennis Lawrence or any other player wearin de red, white and black.  Dat is jes dotishness.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
Warriors will have more support in nashville than in TNT... good luck guys sorry I will not be able to be there..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »
It would be something else if after drawing the two games that, on paper, TnT had a good chance of winning, we pull a draw in the one that we would be expected to lose.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 12:07:12 PM »
that would be interesting, it however requires us to actually play better with every game.  I know we can do this, I can only hope the players believe as well.

AirMan

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »
Good luck tommorow fellas...thanx for the vidoes...

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »
****** Go Warriors ..... Make T & T Proud ******[/color]
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »

Cosign big up  :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>