March 29, 2024, 08:11:27 AM

Author Topic: UEFA CL- Manchester United VS FC Porto Tuesday 7th April 09  (Read 22717 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL- Manchester United VS FC Porto Tuesday 7th April 09
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
All yuh goatmouth men and women need tuh stop makin blasted predictions!  Men playin like dey mentally and physically bun since dey out played Inter in Italy and all yuh talkin about 3-nil?! Plus allyuh doh think Porto or United players does read this forum? Ah watin tuh see how the rest of the season play out, if we win great if not let the great inquisition begin! As long as no English team win the CL and anybody but Liverstool win

when I make a prediction I base it on previous facts eg confidence gained vs villa and big names coming back in but credit to porto for making life difficult and we were mentally and physically out of it today...but some men does just bawl out scorelines and put devils and LOL'S and embarrass the thread

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43:58 AM »
I was so lucky to get to watch this game ...what a really good football match. In my opinion
the result reflected the status of the game- a draw
really good entertainment, especially since I don't support either of these teams...
my only team is T & T !!!yay! ;D

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
Watch the game again this morning.....

Ronaldo is a hindrance in the united attack... yes he can score but he does only be successful with 20% of the dribbles and free kicks he does try.

giggsy11

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Watch the game again this morning.....

Ronaldo is a hindrance in the united attack... yes he can score but he does only be successful with 20% of the dribbles and free kicks he does try.

The amn giving with his right hand and taking back with the left! He just not doing what he is capable of doing and he pullin everybody stones as a result!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »
Wow! Ronaldo gorn from World Player of the year to pulling stones  :rotfl:

Ronaldo has not shown the same form as last year and it shows he is still not mature mentally.

He was responsible for ManU's win in a crucial fixture against Villa and maybe just maybe ManU are
becoming too dependent on him. Almost like Milan and Kaka. Porto gifted ManU that result & yes Ronaldo
did not have a strong game but lets face it many of the squad played below the level on the night.

Most dribblers are not successful the majority of the time. What you cannot measure when considering Ronaldo's contribution is the space he creates for others due to the attention he attracts from the opposition.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2009, 11:51:33 AM »

Ronaldo has not shown the same form as last year and it shows he is still not mature mentally.

He was responsible for ManU's win in a crucial fixture against Villa and maybe just maybe ManU are
becoming too dependent on him. Almost like Milan and Kaka. Porto gifted ManU that result & yes Ronaldo
did not have a strong game but lets face it many of the squad played below the level on the night.

Most dribblers are not successful the majority of the time. What you cannot measure when considering Ronaldo's contribution is the space he creates for others due to the attention he attracts from the opposition.

Yeah he pullin stones, last year was last year. He still has to do it year in and year out. United is not over reliant on Ronaldo, the team has won inspite of his careless and unfocused play. His lack of effort in most areas of the field has left the team at a defensive disadvantage- sure he scored two goals against Villa but he also lost the ball an failed to even track back that eventually led to Villa's 2nd goal. Against Porto he once again made  a careless pass that was broken up that eventually led to the first goal. Nobody expects him to top last year but at least play as though you care which is what he did the year before last season when in my opinion he was a better all around player. He was setting teammates up and scoring goals. When was the last itme he drove to the byline with spead and put in a decent cross? The man playing like he forgot how to run with spead while carrying the ball. So yes he pulling stones this year and I am not even comparing him to last year's form!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »

Yeah he pullin stones, last year was last year. He still has to do it year in and year out. United is not over reliant on Ronaldo, the team has won inspite of his careless and unfocused play. His lack of effort in most areas of the field has left the team at a defensive disadvantage- sure he scored two goals against Villa but he also lost the ball an failed to even track back that eventually led to Villa's 2nd goal. Against Porto he once again made  a careless pass that was broken up that eventually led to the first goal. Nobody expects him to top last year but at least play as though you care which is what he did the year before last season when in my opinion he was a better all around player. He was setting teammates up and scoring goals. When was the last itme he drove to the byline with spead and put in a decent cross? The man playing like he forgot how to run with spead while carrying the ball. So yes he pulling stones this year and I am not even comparing him to last year's form!

I can't believe this I eh even a ManU fan yet I defending CR. But here what he is still the teams leading goal scorer, way more than the team's strikers and third in assist. Without him allyuh would ah be ketching allyuh ass.

Agreed he give away the ball in the Porto game, but it still had 6 flickin men behind the ball.
Same against Villa, he lost the ball at the top of Aston Villas penalty area (that is 80 yds from allyuh goal). Neville back back all the way into the box, never confronted pedestrian Carew. He looked up cross and two men allowed the Villa striker to out jump them and score. All game ManU was getting killed in the air, yet crosses was coming in like rain and yet allyuh blame CR.  giggsy11 yuh good we  ;D
Yet everyone focus on Ronaldo giving away the ball.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
Is frighten men frighten. They understress in the EPL, all kinda old team beating them or making them fighter harder than they want to and now they European dreams quickly becoming a nightmare.

I hope the Carling Cup good enough.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Manchester United vs FC Porto Thread (15-Apr-09).
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:36 AM »
FC Porto vs Manchester United - Champions League return-leg.

2:30pm EST - ESPN2 & ESPN HD.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:52:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Flashback - Man utd. vs FC Porto 2004
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »
good "where are they now" read.

i forget bout some of these players like djemba djemba & kleberson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7988272.stm

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United vs FC Porto Thread (15-Apr-09).
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »
Massive Game...one of those games where Utd can prove their class and power

It's winnable but its gonna be tough

100% Focus and Dedication and we will win

Ferdinand fit for Porto clash

United's bid to become the first English visitors to beat Porto - and more importantly to reach a third successive UEFA Champions League semi-final - has been boosted by the news that Rio Ferdinand is fit.

The influential defender has missed the Reds' last three games, against Aston Villa (3-2), Porto (2-2) and Sunderland (2-1), but he is now ready to resume his centre-back partnership with Nemanja Vidic at the Estadio do Dragao on Wednesday night.

"Rio Ferdinand is fit, he'll start tomorrow [Wednesday]," Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed at his pre-match press conference in Portugal. "He trained on Friday, Saturday and Sunday [and again at Estadio do Dragao on Tuesday night]."

Ferdinand and Vidic haven't completed a game together since the Reds triumphed in the last round by beating Internazionale 2-0 at Old Trafford. That was also the last game in which United kept a clean sheet.

"Rio always makes a difference when he's in the team," the boss said. "It's the experience and the quality he has in his game. It will also see us back to the partnership of Ferdinand and Vidic, which has been the cornerstone of great defensive performances this season."

While the defensive ranks are strengthened by Rio's return, the midfield options have been depleted by the absence of Darren Fletcher, who did not fly out with the squad from Manchester. Sir Alex informed us the Scot sustained a hamstring injury in the first meeting with Porto at Old Trafford last Tuesday.

Travelling squad: Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak; Neville, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael, Fabio, O'Shea, J. Evans; Ronaldo, Anderson, Scholes, Gibson, Carrick, Park, Nani, Giggs; Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Macheda.

My squad

VDS

Neville(he got 2 full games in a week and his experience will be more useful than o'shea)
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Anderson
Carrick
Ronaldo

Rooney
Berbatov

Bench: Foster..Rafael..Evans...Scholes..Giggs..Tevez..Macheda
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:17:18 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »
ah waiting to hear the predictions for this game.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »
nother team in Red going home.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
ah waiting to hear the predictions for this game.

No f^cking predictions! All goatmout fans keep yuh f^cking predictions tuh yuh self! We don't need dem! If yuh so good yuh should go predict the damn lottery!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »
my squad.....

VDS
Rafael     Rio     Vidic    Evra

Ronaldo     Scholes     Anderson      Park

Giggs

Berbatov or Rooney.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
 :salute:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »
manchester united all de way,all day.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2009, 09:00:04 PM »

u must be mistaken....this is Utd vs Porto thread, not the Barca annihilates Chelsea thread. 
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »
Hopefully CR7 will stop this panty man antics and play some football...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2009, 09:16:23 PM »

u must be mistaken....this is Utd vs Porto thread, not the Barca annihilates Chelsea thread. 

Sorry I did not know you all in the semis already. The last game I see you all could not beat Porto at Home.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »
I have to laugh everytime I read a ManU thread and see the haters come on here and talk sh*t and when we win they still talking sh*t.... I think we should order some toilet paper for them out of courtesy, so that when they finally stop talking, they can wipe their mouth off from the shit stains they accumulated over the years.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:26 AM »
Looks like Manicou's last day for CA football in 09 is today. Porto will finish all yuh in the Dragao!!!

Més que un club.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »
any links?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »
any links?

Yuh sure yuh have de stomach to watch dis boy?  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »
it'll definitely be on www.atdhe.net

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2009, 07:59:30 AM »
any links?

Yuh sure yuh have de stomach to watch dis boy?  ;D
yuh right.it will be bloody and brutal.say wuh,hard luck fuh de portuguese. ;D

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
Jamaican sprint sensation and Manchester United fan Usain Bolt offers some words of encouragement ahead of United's Champions League quarter-final second leg against Porto.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8000085.stm

BOMBOCLAT!!!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »
Jamaican sprint sensation and Manchester United fan Usain Bolt offers some words of encouragement ahead of United's Champions League quarter-final second leg against Porto.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8000085.stm

BOMBOCLAT!!!

great - a yardie with a waterdown American accent supporting a rank shit side.

choot em up fireman bumbaclat.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2009, 08:42:06 AM »
I have to laugh everytime I read a ManU thread and see the haters come on here and talk sh*t and when we win they still talking sh*t.... I think we should order some toilet paper for them out of courtesy, so that when they finally stop talking, they can wipe their mouth off from the shit stains they accumulated over the years.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>