April 18, 2024, 10:53:23 PM

Author Topic: Comedy Festival  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Comedy Festival
« on: April 07, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »
Question: Anybody here ever attend one of these comedy festivals?
I listening to one of the many advertisements. While I enjoy a lil MC comedy during a show, or some nutsman jokes at a game, I can't see myself attending one of these "festivals" So I need a review to find out what it really like.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Comedy Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:55:35 PM »
if is de caribbean comedy festival yuh talkin bout,it will b money well spent.if yuh have week bladder wear ah pamper.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
Question: Anybody here ever attend one of these comedy festivals?
I listening to one of the many advertisements. While I enjoy a lil MC comedy during a show, or some nutsman jokes at a game, I can't see myself attending one of these "festivals" So I need a review to find out what it really like.
considering my school boy hero was Johnny Agitation, ya now what I think of comedy

go man go ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:58:05 PM by Ishikawa »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »
I eh know nah, the ads still not doing it for me. Maybe is the laugh track after lines that are not funny.
Like how ComicView used to do it.

Comedians a hit at ‘Summit’ show
Adrian Boodan
Published: April 13, 2009
http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2009/04/13/comedians-hit-summit-show

The Summit of the Americas and politicians were the main targets of comedians when “Ten to One is Laughter,” a Spektakular Promotion’s comedy show, rolled into Centre Point Mall in Chaguanas on Saturday.

Errol Fabien had everyone in stitches when he remarked that the Summit should come around every two years, to ensure that the Government cleaned up the place on a regular basis. Decked in tribal African wear and armed with a cardboard spear, comedian Cleavus Charles took on the role of an African living in T&T. Charles even remarked how good he felt to see Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, the PSA leader, in ethnic wear. Charles gave a humorous outline of his stay in T&T.

The laughter accelerated when Clyde Alexander, aka Dr Pee Wee, a resident of Chaguanas, walked on stage dressed in clothing that appeared to be made of discarded drapes from the 1970s. Alexander then related a humorous tale of his efforts to control flatulence while travelling in a maxi taxi after consuming doubles, pepper, bananas and peanut punch the night before. The talented Damian Melville took on the role of a sidewalk vendor and introduced the people of Central to the concept of a “bend down mall,” as he sold clothing for the Summit out of a duffel bag to a large customer played by Gillian Smith.

Melville used the vehicle of humour to show the gullibility of oversized consumers who go about believing that smaller clothes can make them look thinner. Nuts Landing, a popular nuts vendor-turned-comedian, gave an excellent stand-up routine that included the life cycle of a mango tree bearing in different parts of T&T. Veteran comic Learie Joseph took on the role of an aged blind man who had to deal with a less than intelligent policeman, played by Darryl Mendoza, aka The Saint.

The skit poked fun at the police and outlined the common bungles made by lawmen that usually end up in the media. The policeman is confronted by a dog in Joseph’s bedroom during a search. The policeman had no alternative but to act like a dog and crawl out of the house. Hitting the stage next were Gary Jagroop and Peter Joseph. The latter took on the role of a news reporter, while Jagroop did excellent vocal and facial impersonations of Austin “Jack” Warner, Prime Minister Patrick Manning, UNC bossman Basdeo Panday and United States President Barack Obama.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:24:40 PM »
wuh happen yuh half jewish,pay de damn money and go.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
I used to go the big one caribbean comedy fest but I overs long time...

Dem was d days with john agitation, buelah, Oliver (JA), Bella and Blakka (JA), Mackfingal (Bdos) etc

They used to bring down some guyanese and yankee too

After you see tommy joseph, sprang the chinee man who cyar wine..once yuh see it all.

It does be ram...yuh sitting on some plastic chairs and yuh gettin about 4-5 laugh for the night.

The ads are usually the funniest jokes and well they few and far between.

The better comedy show is the Learie Joseph ones...go to dat.

Or take in a Raymond Choo Kong play...yuh will even get to see a lil saggy totots from one of we local ole fowl actresses.

Pssttt...not to take a food out of anybody mouth...but go buy the DVD pirate and ask him for one...$10 and yuh could rewind the stale joke after.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>