April 25, 2024, 08:26:55 AM

Author Topic: Jones tops at £35,000  (Read 5096 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jones tops at £35,000
« on: April 10, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
Jones tops at £35,000.
by: Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

Kenwyne Jones is the highest-paid Trinidad and Tobago professional footballer and is currently earning more money at English Premier League club Sunderland than compatriot Dwight Yorke made at the peak of his career when landing the Premier League, FA Trophy and UEFA Champions League ten years ago with Manchester United.

Converted to local currency, Jones, the 23-year-old former St Anthony's College striker, makes well over $1 million per month.

The figures were disclosed by FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner.

"Dwight Yorke told me just last week that Kenwyne Jones is earning in two years what he, Dwight Yorke, earned in ten years. That Kenwyne Jones' salary today is 35,000 pounds per week. Twenty-three years old, twenty-three years old...and that tells you something. And they would not pay that if our football was not good," Warner stated.

Warner spilled the beans when speaking at a TSTT Foundation-sponsored youth symposium on Thursday at the Cascadia Hotel, St Ann's.

He was the feature speaker before an audience of mainly secondary school children and was illustrating the point that football can be a profitable and viable career for those who work hard at it. Warner was also reinforcing his argument that Trinidad and Tobago football had grown despite recent setbacks.

"Sometimes after I look at a match like we played against the USA and I wonder. But then I look at that match as an aberration and I say overall we have improved. And this is why I say we improve--we have more footballers playing football overseas today than ever before," Warner declared, while adding that foreign clubs do not pay good money for bad players.

"Two weeks ago we qualified to play at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup. Our first match is against hosts Egypt. Before I left Cairo last week, on every pole, at every station, every bus (read)...September 24, Egypt versus Trinidad and Tobago. I have seen more about my country in Egypt in the last week than I have seen here for the Summit (Fifth Summit of the Americas)."

Warner argued that for a small country of just over one million people, Trinidad and Tobago had made several great strides in football, including qualifying for the 2006 World Cup in Germany. And he said the most recent achievements are a sign that local football continues to improve.

"I have seen our country qualify for South Korea (Under-17) in 2007, and we are hosting a women's World Cup next year in 2010, September 5-25 we are hosting a FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup and all that could not be if our football wasn't getting better and if our football wasn't organised. But having said so, there is much more that we can do. We must try and have every school child love a football. You must take it across the arm and love it like a baby because when you love a football you learn to love the sport. I have asked the Minister of Sports to put lights on every playing field in the country so that a lot of people can play football at late hours."

Finally, Warner added that for T&T football to continue improving better coaching was needed. He stressed that many who say they are coaches are not certified.

"I have made the point that our football has to be more organised in the region. We have to have better coaching," he insisted. "The country does not have enough coaches...too few coaches in the country. Every young man who puts on a track pants and a track suit believes he is a coach. They won't take their time to do courses and to do refreshers. And I say to them that is the area where we are weak because I tell you every man with a trowel is not a mason. And every man with a nail in his mouth and a hammer is not a carpenter. So why should every man with a ball and track suit be a coach. These are areas where we are deficient and these are areas that need to be corrected quickly. But there is hope."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones tops at £35,000
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
Jones tops at £35,000.
by: Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

...The figures were disclosed by FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner.

"Dwight Yorke told me just last week that Kenwyne Jones is earning in two years what he, Dwight Yorke, earned in ten years. That Kenwyne Jones' salary today is 35,000 pounds per week. Twenty-three years old, twenty-three years old...and that tells you something. And they would not pay that if our football was not good," Warner stated.

Warner spilled the beans when speaking at a TSTT Foundation-sponsored youth symposium on Thursday at the Cascadia Hotel, St Ann's.

Prescott is ah kinda c**t or what??  As if Kenwyne salary was any secret.... steups

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »
what he mean they would not pay that if your football is not good. the payed that salary based on potential and growth but from what i seen in the last international games they are going to be disappointed really soon if he dont work on controlling the ball atleast.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:30:49 AM »
I doh care how much who make where ... the most important element of the article is the final paragraph.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »

Finally, Warner added that for T&T football to continue improving better coaching was needed. He stressed that many who say they are coaches are not certified.

"I have made the point that our football has to be more organised in the region. We have to have better coaching," he insisted. "The country does not have enough coaches...too few coaches in the country. Every young man who puts on a track pants and a track suit believes he is a coach. They won't take their time to do courses and to do refreshers. And I say to them that is the area where we are weak because I tell you every man with a trowel is not a mason. And every man with a nail in his mouth and a hammer is not a carpenter. So why should every man with a ball and track suit be a coach. These are areas where we are deficient and these are areas that need to be corrected quickly. But there is hope."

good money in mandatory certification,

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 12:53:17 AM »
Warner is a real cu*t, why the F*ck yuh talking bout the man salary in public like that? next thing yuh know the man fam getting kidnap. I know it's not a secret but damn, that's not his business, why he don't tell us how much money he thief from we football and how much he making?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 02:28:45 AM »
Not being funny he might be paid that but I will be amazed if that is the right figure, it will be more with appearance / goal / position bonuses etc.  It will work out more like £40-£50K per week, thats without his new contract signing on fee and the fee he would of got when transferred. 

But you have to ask whats it got to do with him and why he is disclosing it in that manner. 

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 04:29:30 AM »
stupes.......ah know he a pubic figure but ah does cringe when dey advertising mankind money to attract more attention

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 04:45:27 AM »
just goes to show how much money is in football these days.

imagine how much money that club making if they willling to Pay KJ that much.

With that kind of money is no wonder he does be playing so much shit. That is real worries

more money more problems.

That man does be studing what to buy , where to save, who to help.

35000 pounds a week is real money.
time one week done and you have bout 20000 left over.... bradap brap they drop a next 35000 in the account.
direct deposit

when you gone by the atm your balance to big to show on the small piece of paper.

Plus KJ is a god fearing person who married with kids, not to say he like dwight yorke who could blow some thousands on some hoes when the weekend come.

Alyuh, ah go have to go easy on this boy from now on he under real pressure with this money situation.

Trust me this is not an each problem to have.

Quote from KJ
" Oh Shit is Friday, Bradap Dap, a next 35000 in the account "

More Money more problems.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 05:07:17 AM »

With that kind of money is no wonder he does be playing so much shit. That is real worries

time one week done and you have bout 20000 left over.... bradap brap they drop a next 35000 in the account.
direct deposit

when you gone by the atm your balance to big to show on the small piece of paper.

Plus KJ is a god fearing person who married with kids, not to say he like dwight yorke who could blow some thousands on some hoes when the weekend come.

Alyuh, ah go have to go easy on this boy from now on he under real pressure with this money situation.

Quote from KJ

:rotfl: :rotfl: funny

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 05:18:05 AM »

direct deposit

Quote from KJ

LOL KND LOL...........ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 05:25:32 AM »
Warner is a real cu*t, why the F*ck yuh talking bout the man salary in public like that? next thing yuh know the man fam getting kidnap. I know it's not a secret but damn, that's not his business, why he don't tell us how much money he thief from we football and how much he making?

Boss.  That is not a secret.  It's no mystery. Yuh could go and check the players' union in the UK and get that type of info.

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 07:29:28 AM »

Boss.  That is not a secret.  It's no mystery. Yuh could go and check the players' union in the UK and get that type of info.

who so goin thru all ah dat?

is one ting to say de info already in de public domain...is quite another to put it in de papers in a small country where one setta bandit walkin rong wit big big ears like batman

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 08:37:06 AM »
Warner at it again. De insuring de T&T public knows.

Lets hope Jones play like his worth.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »

good money in mandatory certification,

What is to these so called coaches to do courses? They must invest imthemselves to help the youths, right? But in the long run everyone benefitting execept for the man who starting the process. What are the incentives for these men in a track suit to improve their coaching knowledge? All the talk Warner talking the TTFF and T&T on a whole depending on these "so called coaches" to devlop the next Yorke or Latapy.
What structure the TTFF have in place to develop players and provide an avenue for these coaches to see the fruits of their investment?

USSF A, B and C license is US $1000 per course + travel
Same for the NSCAA

How does the TTFF assist coaches with these course. The majority of coaches in T&T do not get paid to work with the youths, it all on them giving of their time and money. It easy to say do courses, but for what?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
neva envy wuh ah man takin home,just get we to south africa.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 02:18:40 PM »

direct deposit

Quote from KJ

friggin roflmao :rotfl:

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 02:35:44 PM »
I always say the coaches need to get proper training. When you see a big player like Kenwyne Jones get through the local training system and can't trap a ball, you know theres problems with the coaching. The TTFF should really sponsor coaches who excel in whatever coaching training(none?? i don't know) available down here to go get there UEFA a,b and c licenses etc. Thats would be one of the BEST investments anyone could give to TandT football, because that will be an investment that keeps giving as long as those coaches are operating in T&T.

I also find that Jack Warner shouldn't be talking about Kenwyne Jones' salary like that, is TnT, we don't want to give any kidnapper any blasted ideas!!

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I don't care- Jack Warner has given more to the success of TnT football than most- yeah I said it. That is a fact, no matter if he does it just for the profits, and may occasionally make us take ten steps backward after a few forwards, but overall even though he may be a bit money grabbing(aren't we all, though prob not to his level), I honestly still sense a bit genuine patriotism and love of country in him, even if intertwined with that is a very large dose of  of opportunistic money grabbing and spitefulness. OK, thats the queue for everyone to quote the hell out of this paragraph and make funny/derisory n opposing comments, etc. lol(If I get some previously unknown evidence I may change my view on him though)

Mango ciao.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »
it aint no damn business of Warner to talking about KJ salary and like DY sounding envious to be mentioning KJ salary in there conversations. stop looking at what another man making and handle your own business.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »
I always say the coaches need to get proper training. When you see a big player like Kenwyne Jones get through the local training system and can't trap a ball, you know theres problems with the coaching. The TTFF should really sponsor coaches who excel in whatever coaching training(none?? i don't know) available down here to go get there UEFA a,b and c licenses etc. Thats would be one of the BEST investments anyone could give to TandT football, because that will be an investment that keeps giving as long as those coaches are operating in T&T.

I also find that Jack Warner shouldn't be talking about Kenwyne Jones' salary like that, is TnT, we don't want to give any kidnapper any blasted ideas!!

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I don't care- Jack Warner has given more to the success of TnT football than most- yeah I said it. That is a fact, no matter if he does it just for the profits, and may occasionally make us take ten steps backward after a few forwards, but overall even though he may be a bit money grabbing(aren't we all, though prob not to his level), I honestly still sense a bit genuine patriotism and love of country in him, even if intertwined with that is a very large dose of  of opportunistic money grabbing and spitefulness. OK, thats the queue for everyone to quote the hell out of this paragraph and make funny/derisory n opposing comments, etc. lol(If I get some previously unknown evidence I may change my view on him though)

Mango ciao.

Jones just score aginst Man United, he playing in the EPl and couple months ago big coaches was praising his prowess.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »
How mush is he salary? Y he eh discuss dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 08:27:25 PM »
Imagine collecting ah million every friday..mama
why i get in this music ting boy...ah shoulda learn to pass ah fittball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 12:45:33 AM »

direct deposit

Quote from KJ

The club will probably make a loss this year. 

If you look at Chelsea they made a loss of over £60 Million last year Manu £46 Million.

Ambramovich has poured £2.5 Million per week of his own money into Chelsea since he took it over, the club owes him something stupid like £400-£600 Million irrc. 

Chelsea's loss is more than the turnover of quite a few Prem teams likes of Wigan, Blackburn probably most bar 5-6 teams.  Thats why the likes of Wigan all sell on their better players for profit.  The vast majority of the TV money comes in one hand and goes out the other at most clubs on players wages which are just at silly levels, especially for mediorce players.   

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 01:12:08 AM »
Ah feel Kenwyne could run ah few beers for d boyz on this site...Ah mean how it goe look.... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 02:34:24 PM »
All dat money and dais the kinda shit he playing week in week out...steups.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
Yeah, I think the biggest danger to the game is not players from outside of a European country dominating its respective league teams(eg arsenal, only a few englishmen), unlike what Fifa etc would like us to believe, which is really because of their own selfish hidden agenders (Jack and Sepp seem like very like minds)  . The biggest danger is the ridiculous way players' wages have spiraled out of control, so even mediocre players at European clubs are getting very high wages. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe players should be paid like regular workers, because their work on the field is directly responsible for how much money the club earns- so they should get a fair cut out of that, since they directly generate the money. The problem is, thats not happening, because players are being payed salaries OUTSIDE the means of their club and its revenue. That there is the true danger, that if not dealt with soon could eventually lead to many big clubs failing. Eventually the debt will catch up with them one way or another, you can only hold it off for so long.

giggsy11

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »
All dat money and dais the kinda shit he playing week in week out...steups.

Right, no wonder he was quick tuh reupp.Man talkin but coachin over the years, but the man can more than afford tuh pay tuh work with someone tuh improve his touch and skills. That is if he serious about improving from shitsnake tuh ok. He improve I will more than willing tuh give him credit.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
Ah feel Kenwyne could run ah few beers for d boyz on this site...Ah mean how it goe look.... ;D

lol... ent

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »

outta sight outta mind......d way tings is in Trinbago dey need to be more responsible wit printing people business

Offline riodano1510

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 11:43:38 PM »

direct deposit

Quote from KJ

brudda yuh take the cake and icing with this one ...
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die.

1]; } ?>