March 29, 2024, 01:16:57 AM

Author Topic: 2009 NBA Finals Orlando Magic V Los Angeles Lakers  (Read 12984 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 NBA Finals Orlando Magic V Los Angeles Lakers
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »
steups.. u up 5 points with less than a minute to go and you throw it away? is like de knicks of the 90s all over again..

can someone tell me why rafer alston not getting no burn, and jamir nelson who fraid to take it to the whole getting all that run out?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 07:16:32 AM »
Oh Well..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 07:29:50 AM »
memories of Nick Anderson missing 4 free throws against the Rockets back in the day.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 07:47:10 AM »
memories of Nick Anderson missing 4 free throws against the Rockets back in the day.

i study that same thing this morning...

But I still feel this series still on...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »

i study that same thing this morning...

But I still feel this series still on...

Is Nostrand and Church yuh sey de odder dey rite?  Yeah, ah know ah serious weedist in dem parts, not to mention de pepper at bake and tings does be scorchin, culd cause ah man to day dream bad bad  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »
i eh watch too much ball this season eh, but i take in some playoffs..

i eh go lie, this dwight howard fellah real unpolished yes. He missing some basics..

like i cyah understand why he cyah ketch de government ball above he head and stop bringing it down by he waist where men could strip it. Also he does be catching the ball in the paint with small men around and refuse to wet it with authority..

in a few years, if he develop he go be a monster eh.. but right now as far as i see he eh ready yet.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 08:43:51 AM »
dwight too nice...when he start to get a lil nastier he will win some rings.  i still hoping magic could pull off an upset on sunday.  on the real tho jameer nelson need to siddung and rest he blasted shoulder.  alston does pull some costly turnovers (he still feel he playing for and 1 sometimes ;D )  but he is putting up points whereas nelson showing signs of ring rust.   i is a magic waggonist, knicks is my team but i go be kinda hurt if they lorse boy, emotional attachment is a heck of a thing.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »
Men getting on as if Orlando just threw away the game. The Lakers actually had something to do with winning the game. Why allyuh didn't blame free throws for the Lakers game 3 loss? Kobe in particular missed some crucial ones. Fact of the matter is game 3 and 4 were won by the team who executed when it mattered. Last night the Lakers turned it up defensively and Ariza and Fisher made some big clutch plays.

Howard was tough and the Lakers had to play some smart basketball to dampen his offensive ability. Men talking about him getting tougher when Kobe, Fisher and Farmar had to basically jump on his arms to make sure he couldn't raise them to score.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:48:49 AM by dwolfman »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2009, 08:49:42 AM »
dwight too nice...when he start to get a lil nastier he will win some rings.  i still hoping magic could pull off an upset on sunday.  on the real tho jameer nelson need to siddung and rest he blasted shoulder.  alston does pull some costly turnovers (he still feel he playing for and 1 sometimes ;D )  but he is putting up points whereas nelson showing signs of ring rust.   i is a magic waggonist, knicks is my team but i go be kinda hurt if they lorse boy, emotional attachment is a heck of a thing.

yeah that is me in a nutshell..

i eh have no horse in this race, i am an observer until the knicks are reborn, then i can be a fan of the game again.

on that note is only last night someone tell me that Ariza was a Knick and never used to hit them kinda shots at the Garden. This knicks is ah real blight boy, between them, soca warriors and west indies, is real hurt with this sports thing.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »
Men getting on as if Orlando just threw away the game. The Lakers actually had something to do with winning the game. Why allyuh didn't blame free throws for the Lakers game 3 loss? Kobe in particular missed some crucial ones. Fact of the matter is game 3 and 4 were won by the team who executed when it mattered. Last night the Lakers turned it up defensively and Ariza and Fisher made some big clutch plays.

Howard was tough and the Lakers had to play some smart basketball to dampen his offensive ability. Men talking about him getting tougher when Kobe, Fisher and Farmar had to basically jump on his arms to make sure he couldn't raise them to score.

I respect your point of view. But Orlando throw way that game. Of course the Lakers had something to do with it - they took their chances. But moreso than the missed free throws was the inexcusable defense by jameer nelson on derek fisher.

lakers down by 3 and clock running down below 7 seconds left. he gave fisher a huge cushion - HUGE. he stood under the 3 point line "defending" fisher. there is just no way you can contest a 3 from there. down by 3 you have to be right up on him with your hands up. if fisher dribbles past you and tries to finish at the rim or make a play, you say good luck to him.

Poor defense against anyone but especially against fisher, a big-time clutch, jump shooter. jameer nelson - what were you thinking?

and wolf, this ent taking nothing away from the lakers eh. all credit to them. they went into orlando and won a big game. gasol play like a man down the stretch. orlando messed up and they took advantage.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2009, 12:39:05 PM »
 >:(
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »
I respect your point of view. But Orlando throw way that game. Of course the Lakers had something to do with it - they took their chances. But moreso than the missed free throws was the inexcusable defense by jameer nelson on derek fisher.

lakers down by 3 and clock running down below 7 seconds left. he gave fisher a huge cushion - HUGE. he stood under the 3 point line "defending" fisher. there is just no way you can contest a 3 from there. down by 3 you have to be right up on him with your hands up. if fisher dribbles past you and tries to finish at the rim or make a play, you say good luck to him.

Poor defense against anyone but especially against fisher, a big-time clutch, jump shooter. jameer nelson - what were you thinking?

and wolf, this ent taking nothing away from the lakers eh. all credit to them. they went into orlando and won a big game. gasol play like a man down the stretch. orlando messed up and they took advantage.

I agree with you completely with regards to Nelson. Even Fisher said it post match that he was not looking to shoot until he saw Nelson laying off of him. It was the dagger and while it was bad defending by Nelson it was still good thinking and execution by Fisher, especially given his offensive production.

All series long Orlando has been making some silly mistakes. Fouling unnecessarily, not passing into Howard when he's free, not rotating properly on defense, etc. Even in game 2 they made some critical mistakes that kept the Lakers in the game. That said I think they're doing it the best they could given the pressure they're under from the Lakers. They've even forced the Lakers into mistakes and from game 2 put them under a lot of pressure. The better team has handled it better. That's why I don't think it's completely true to say they've thrown away game 3.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2009, 04:59:32 PM »
orlando makin meh lose interest in these finals. >:(

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »
That said I think they're doing it the best they could given the pressure they're under from the Lakers. They've even forced the Lakers into mistakes and from game 2 put them under a lot of pressure. The better team has handled it better. That's why I don't think it's completely true to say they've thrown away game 3.

yuh hit the nail on the head here.  The reason that professional athletes make mental errors that us sitting at home could identify easily is the pressure that is being put on them.  The basic ingredient in that is having an opponent good enough to put the outcome in doubt.

If Jameer Nelson came to sweat at the court next to my house, he would undoubtedly be the smartest player on the court.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2009, 08:39:02 AM »
That said I think they're doing it the best they could given the pressure they're under from the Lakers. They've even forced the Lakers into mistakes and from game 2 put them under a lot of pressure. The better team has handled it better. That's why I don't think it's completely true to say they've thrown away game 3.

yuh hit the nail on the head here.  The reason that professional athletes make mental errors that us sitting at home could identify easily is the pressure that is being put on them.  The basic ingredient in that is having an opponent good enough to put the outcome in doubt.

If Jameer Nelson came to sweat at the court next to my house, he would undoubtedly be the smartest player on the court.

agreed. but like wes hall, and now mark jackson says, pressure could buss pipe or could make diamonds.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
9:09 Sunday Night
12 seconds left in the 2nd qtr
Lal 56, Orlando 46

The fat lady have a next 1/2 to warm up.

Now I cyah set my sig to say "Kobe, How my ass taste?"
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2009, 08:30:35 PM »
sad sad day.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
sad sad day.

well boy capo, for as long we talking bout the NBA here I know yuh hate Kobe.  you win a few rounds, now he win one.

yuh go bounce back.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »
99-86!

Derek Fisher wife is a good looking woman. 15 titles for the Lakers. Phil Jackson now the NBA career leader in titles won as a coach with 10. Great stuff.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
sad sad day.

well boy capo, for as long we talking bout the NBA here I know yuh hate Kobe.  you win a few rounds, now he win one.

yuh go bounce back.
say wuh,yuh win some yuh lose some.that is de way de cookie crumble today.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
99-86!

Derek Fisher wife is a good looking woman. 15 titles for the Lakers. Phil Jackson now the NBA career leader in titles won as a coach with 10. Great stuff.

she have ah forehead like ah basketball.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
Congrats 2 meh Laker peeps
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 07:15:57 AM »
Have you seen my four championship rings?  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »
Have you seen my four championship rings?  ;D

Well as a Magic fan have u seen my 10 5 as a player and 5 as part owner
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>