March 29, 2024, 04:19:25 AM

Author Topic: Foreign-based College Players Thread  (Read 96070 times)

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: End of season honours for US-based T&T college players
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2005, 10:39:36 AM »
Caron Williams who was quoted as EX QRC actually is from tobago and is EX Signal Hill..

Carron Williams, Keon Yearwood, Devin Sheppard all at some point coached Under BSc.
QRC is where carron really started to shine... ask st anthony's ;D

MORvant you think thiese guys ready for international football eh. they not even professionals
can't speak for all but i know for a fact julius james has impressed against bayern munich's U23 or u21 team when ucon went on pre season tour, and he holds his own every week against future US national snr team players week in and week out. I am very sure if a european club doesnt pick him up right after college, he will be drafted in the first round of the mls draft.He is one of the few tnt youth players i can see making the snr team in time for next yrs world cup.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 10:49:23 AM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2005, 10:58:37 AM »
Carron Williams who was quoted as EX QRC actually is from tobago and is EX Signal Hill..
good catch oconnorg keep them on their toes ;D

Yes, Carron Williams is from Tobago, but he also attended QRC.

Sorry dey Tallman.. I really meant to say is ALSO ex Signal Hill
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2005, 11:01:10 AM »
killa, you have to be kidding me with james sitting on the bench. none of thos guys ready for that football. NONE!!! Maybe the future yes, but now, NONE!!!! Or gorsh, face reality. Ah know yuh like James, maybe that is yuh family or best friend, all well and good. But be honest with yuhself, these guys are not ready. Good players, but need development and a lot of exposure at that level first. CATCH YUHSELF DOGZ!!!!

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2005, 11:05:28 AM »
james play in germany and manners ah buyern munich team as ah captain

defensive player of de year

like ah have to upload clips fuh allyuh

what more yuh have to do to sit on ah bench as ah replacement

we need two players fuh back-up in every position

who subs u wanna take fuh de defence??
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2005, 11:31:12 AM »
killa, you have to be kidding me with james sitting on the bench. none of thos guys ready for that football. NONE!!! Maybe the future yes, but now, NONE!!!! Or gorsh, face reality. Ah know yuh like James, maybe that is yuh family or best friend, all well and good. But be honest with yuhself, these guys are not ready. Good players, but need development and a lot of exposure at that level first. CATCH YUHSELF DOGZ!!!!
yes u said it urself they need exposure and james is one of the few ready for that exposure....like u really doh see how the big teams do it they get about 2-3 youth players an have them training with the team and put them on the bench and they run out ever so often.....thank god u not the coach nah

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2005, 11:33:18 AM »
yes u said it urself they need exposure and james is one of the few ready for that exposure....like u really doh see how the big teams do it they get about 2-3 youth players an have them training with the team and put them on the bench and they run out ever so often.....thank god u not the coach nah

For real boy. DAmn!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

For real boy. DAMN

hahahahaahhaahhaaahahaaha......ALYUH REALLY CRACKING ME UP HERE. Let me tell alyuh something eh, first of all i doh ever fight down NO players..none!!!. Have you guys ever seen a college team played? Have you guys ever seen James played with Trinidad against some of the other team leading up to the world cup? And doh tell meh nothing about he did not get the chance. The answer to both questons is NO!!!!! So how the a@$ you could just pop up and say just so that he could be a man to come off the bench. THANKS GOD YOU!!!! IS NOT THE COACH

For your information...college and national football is two totally different levels. TOTALLY!!! The Big East was very unbalance this season. There were like 4 good teams and the rest of team was garbage. 

James is a player for the future. Not for this upcoming world cup. Fabien Lewis, Anthony Noriega are better players than James and i doh even think them fellas ready for world cup football. We need to be honest with ourselves.  I like James as a player, he has improved a lot....the man good. But or gorsh, be realistic. Alyuh really feel the man could stop men like Adriano from Brazil, borgetti from Mexico, Beasley from the US, Shevchenko from Ukraine or Tevez from Argentina? OH MY GOD, wake up my people. We need international exposure for the world cup. We need big players. Alyuh just ignorant man...COME ON!!

But ah realise something, it seems like OCONNORG, TEFLON DON and MORVANTMAN is either the same person or know each other very well.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2005, 03:07:44 PM »
how yuh go become ah big player with no exposure???

if it was up to men like you we would see one world cup and thats it.

i thinking bout africa dan

big hardback man 21 yrs old and you talking bout player of the future

answer this question like ah big man

when last yuh see him play?

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2005, 03:21:43 PM »
Kingman....i respect ur views all ppl saying is that out of all the defensive youth players that we have he is the one that ppl see ready to step up to the next level...in order to help him make this step he NEEDS to have exposure with the snr team against world class teams....this is bcuz we not tryin jus to go to worldcup ONCE, we want players who can play at the highest level so that we can make this a common thing. Dog, sancho, tallest etc etc have not found the fountain of eternal youth as yet so until they do we need to prepare for when they leave, if you know young defensive players better than Julius James plz let us know, and help us push for them to get into the team so that the changing of the guards will be easier. I t doh matter if he could stop adriano or schevchenco or who ever wat matters is that he will gain experience on the world stage....like u feel being 21 is"young" ...boy chek all dem leagues in d world an u will see how many 18yr olds playing there......And to be honest these fellas r pushed into these situations, from the time they show talent they are put in with the big boys to gain experience...so once again i would say THANK GOD U NOT D COACH...cuz we would play with a FRIGGIN old man side for d rest of we life

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2005, 03:28:03 PM »
 Julius James is not up to National senior level....its that simple....I see him play against St. John's ...he had a good game but he is not up to international standards nor we expect him to be...He would have to play competitive professional football to be picked...And i definitely think that Beenhakker's style doesn't suit him....He is a clean up man(Sweeper) not a player that has great control and vision in the back...He has pace and he is strong and reads the game relatively well..He is suited for the US college league where he just has to kick it out or head it out and do 'clean up'.....I don't even think he could make a PFL team because men like Jamerson,Toussaint, Marcano, Clement etc. will take him apart....But he is young and has time to improve into a great player...Anthony Noreiga and Fabien Lewis are miles ahead of James when it comes to playing it from the back,tackling, and reading the game...James just got into a good school...Its that simple....2010 is my best bet....GoT&T....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 03:31:08 PM by Ponnoxx »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »
Julius James is not up to National senior level....its that simple....I see him play against St. John's ...he had a good game but he is not up to international standards nor we expect him to be...He would have to play competitive professional football to be picked...And i definitely think that Beenhakker's style doesn't suit him....He is a clean up man(Sweeper) not a player that has great control and vision in the back...He has pace and he is strong and reads the game relatively well..He is suited for the US college league where he just has to kick it out or head it out and do 'clean up'.....I don't even think he could make a PFL team because men like Jamerson,Toussaint, Marcano, Clement etc. will take him apart....But he is young and has time to improve into a great player...Anthony Noreiga and Fabien Lewis are miles ahead of James when it comes to playing it from the back,tackling, and reading the game...James just got into a good school...Its that simple....2010 is my best bet....GoT&T....

Thank you ponnoxx, at least you could talk because you actually see d man play. I go to pittsburg university and i could talk as well because i see the man play. Anyways, let me talk about something more interesting....we making a non issue an issue. who we playing next? what about the money issue, any more sponser? we need to train very hard for this event

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2005, 04:21:26 PM »
so if ponnex didnt say nuttin what yuh woulda say???

this is ah college thread lets discuss college players here :beermug:

i see yuh lost so i go stop since meh forummites on de radio

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2005, 04:36:39 PM »
Kingman....i respect ur views all ppl saying is that out of all the defensive youth players that we have he is the one that ppl see ready to step up to the next level...in order to help him make this step he NEEDS to have exposure with the snr team against world class teams....this is bcuz we not tryin jus to go to worldcup ONCE, we want players who can play at the highest level so that we can make this a common thing. Dog, sancho, tallest etc etc have not found the fountain of eternal youth as yet so until they do we need to prepare for when they leave, if you know young defensive players better than Julius James plz let us know, and help us push for them to get into the team so that the changing of the guards will be easier. I t doh matter if he could stop adriano or schevchenco or who ever wat matters is that he will gain experience on the world stage....like u feel being 21 is"young" ...boy chek all dem leagues in d world an u will see how many 18yr olds playing there......And to be honest these fellas r pushed into these situations, from the time they show talent they are put in with the big boys to gain experience...so once again i would say THANK GOD U NOT D COACH...cuz we would play with a FRIGGIN old man side for d rest of we life

HAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHA, LOL....THANK GOD YOU IS NOT THE COACH. Exposure is well and good. So yea, "coach Teflon Don " we could give him exposure in the world cup. And yea "coach" we dont have to worry about men like tevez and borgetti because it is not way we could draw them teams in our group for the worl cup. After the world cup is the best time to give men exposure like in lil friendlies....actually, "coach Teflon Don " we should just carry them to the world cup

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2005, 04:41:18 PM »
i still believe he should be on the team thats my view...never say start him, but he should be there...and d same tevez that was there in trinidad 2001 he reach so far in his career bcuz he showed potential and the coaches included him bit by bit with the snr team

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »

STEUPS
 >:(

Okay fine but are we going to leave it upto the US College league to train him to get to that level. You really think they would want to develop a player that in five years to come could make them seriously regret it. You think they really give a crap about Julius' development.

So why not have Beenie train him who else you guys want on the bench for defense no body answer that question yet.  >:(

We have to love and develop our own.

STEUPS  >:(

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2005, 07:18:31 PM »
 Some men just overrated yes ???

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2005, 07:29:29 PM »
nobody_s angel , why alyuh men so ignorant and dumb ras? yuh want to know better men who could sit on the bench, noriega, lewis, sandy... we even have local me like lyndon diaz, atiba charles....why trinidad people so boy....alyuh have to be like either julius james himself or his father, mother, sister, brother, uncle, aunt or something boy. why alyuh sucking this man ........ so. NEXT TOPIC

i still believe he should be on the team thats my view...never say start him, but he should be there...and d same tevez that was there in trinidad 2001 he reach so far in his career bcuz he showed potential and the coaches included him bit by bit with the snr team

Teflon Don.....get yuh facts right boy. Tevez was not in Trinidad for that under 17 world cup in 2001. He played and was a star in the under 20 world cup in argentina. And yes, ah address better players to sit on the bench for Trinidad and yet realistically they not ready for that level. NEXT TOPIC
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:36:29 PM by Tallman »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2005, 07:44:42 PM »
kingman boy hull yuh stinking dutty arse nah boy

cause i like de way ah man play i sucking him. you nominate sombody or step aside nah dan

now yuh have to mention he mother........

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2005, 07:58:17 PM »

Teflon Don.....get yuh facts right boy. Tevez was not in Trinidad for that under 17 world cup in 2001. He played and was a star in the under 20 world cup in argentina. And yes, ah address better players to sit on the bench for Trinidad and yet realistically they not ready for that level. NEXT TOPIC
Tevez who now plays for corinthians in brazil was Starting striker with Maxi lopez who now plays for Barcelona so U get ur facts correct.....u is a rel mad man yes lololol

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2005, 08:08:09 PM »
Carlos Tevez

Ok kingman...CLICK dat link and read......and tell me how u feel after.....and doh even bother to get vex.....jus rub yuh ears and say WOOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAAAH  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:33:37 PM by Tallman »

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2005, 08:29:42 PM »
nobody_s angel , why alyuh men so ignorant and dumb ras? yuh want to know better men who could sit on the bench, noriega, lewis, sandy... we even have local me like lyndon diaz, atiba charles....why trinidad people so boy....alyuh have to be like either julius james himself or his father, mother, sister, brother, uncle, aunt or something boy. why alyuh sucking this man ........ so. NEXT TOPIC

First of all I am not a man  >:( second if you didn't read the whole post and didn't get my point I sorry yuh slow. Third and last point b4 I totally ignore you and your ignorant posts I asked u to name people that you think should be there, at least you read that part, and people could put in their two cents about those players. My point is that Julius should be nutured by his own and developed by his own and we should give people with his talent a chance and not be jealous of his skill ability or what he has acomplished.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:38:20 PM by nobody_s angel »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2005, 09:07:42 PM »
jah boy dis kingman on drugs awa!? i remeber tevez when he scored ah rel bes goal against nigeria he touched my hand when he was runnin by d on next to d track pitch gates around d hasley crawford stadium wit he big stink neck. :devil: :rotfl: He a rel killa doh  8)
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2005, 09:53:27 PM »
jah boy dis kingman on drugs awa!? i remeber tevez when he scored ah rel bes goal against nigeria he touched my hand when he was runnin by d on next to d track pitch gates around d hasley crawford stadium wit he big stink neck. :devil: :rotfl: He a rel killa doh 8)
Jefferz yuh could see you is a ass-licking waggonist...Yuh feel tevez even care which asshole he touch in the crowd....What kingman really saying Julius James is good but if you have to mention any college defender Fabien Lewis and Anthony Noriega much better....And he is still not up to National standard....If he has to be nurtured then Lewis and Noriega must be mentioned in front of him....Not because yuh hear about the man and yuh int know much players yuh will 'claim' James is super-defender,,,,Learn about allyuh players...Bless

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2005, 10:00:05 PM »
jah boy... i jes fine it funny how d man trip out on people fuh sayin tevez was in trinidad for d world cup and he was  :(... da was what i replyin to...  :-\ so i dunno how u jump up on all deh next ting
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2005, 12:58:05 AM »
yes mr....allyuh have ah set of  mouth ........always have somethig to say.....anyways tevez did play in trinidad in 2001 u17 worldcup.and i played with james before ..quality player indeed...with no doubt about it noreiga is a far more better allround player than james...aanybody know mbwana johnson from university at buffalo....he played at p/ville he is a quality center back too   

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2005, 08:10:14 AM »
I support the man from Morvant in this, i think James could replace dog in central d for T&T. He and Kenwyne played on the same St. Anthony's team and Kenwyne playing senior now so who is James?? James is a more mature fella than Kenwyne and judging from all the accolades he's getting in foreign, he should get a call up for the big dance because he's a very secure player and this would be great experience for his and our future as a country in the world cup.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2005, 08:29:12 AM »
yes mr....allyuh have ah set of  mouth ........always have somethig to say.....anyways tevez did play in trinidad in 2001 u17 worldcup.and i played with james before ..quality player indeed...with no doubt about it noreiga is a far more better allround player than james...aanybody know mbwana johnson from university at buffalo....he played at p/ville he is a quality center back too   

wait nah is this who ah think it is....lolol.,......glad to see yuh on the board now, so yuh could defend yuhself...big up d/vale primary school lololol

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2005, 10:15:15 AM »
I support the man from Morvant in this, i think James could replace dog in central d for T&T. He and Kenwyne played on the same St. Anthony's team and Kenwyne playing senior now so who is James?? James is a more mature fella than Kenwyne and judging from all the accolades he's getting in foreign, he should get a call up for the big dance because he's a very secure player and this would be great experience for his and our future as a country in the world cup.

FATZ....how yuh go support ah man dry so....when iz de last time yuh see james play??? James iz ah more mature  fella than Kenwyne....under what criteria??? he gettin plenty accolades from foreign so he should get call up....boss de man playin college ball for ah good school daz all....it have fellas who betta dan he like Anthony Noreiaga who playin college ball too....james iz ah niece playa for de future but he eh ready for diz level yet... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline john doe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2005, 10:18:22 PM »
Good day to you all. I am very happy to see all these players being appreciated for their work in the US especially Anthony Noreiga and Ateba McKnight. These two players, if well groomed will become great additions to the soca warriors. McKnight has to be the deadliest striker to grace secondary school football in the past 10 years when he played for my school, naparima college. Noreiga started of has a striker for Pleasantville Senior Comp but was converted to a defender at Princess Town.
I will like to know what became of Joel Bailey a good friend of mine at naps. Boy could he play

TrinInfinite

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2005, 10:47:07 PM »
y man keep sayin dese fellahs not ready yet? with de training of beenhakker dere game will be lifted and you dont know wat dey will be able tuh do at an international level, grooming is de right ting for dem, allyuh feel only ole man should play, diz y beenhakker critisize de development programs bc of people who doubt de youth

1]; } ?>