March 28, 2024, 09:02:37 AM

Author Topic: Foreign-based College Players Thread  (Read 96027 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 US College season thread
« Reply #420 on: December 29, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
West aims for success at Villanova.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Less than twenty fours after returning home from international duty with the National Under 20 team, forward Kye West was on a plane destined for Philadelphia on Tuesday to begin a four-year football scholarship at Villanova University.

With the current U20s going into action, this player crossed my thoughts ... not because he's eligible, buh because ah doh see him on Villanova's roster. What happened to him? Transferred? Done playing? What?

Transferred to College of Charleston.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 29, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
West aims for success at Villanova.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Less than twenty fours after returning home from international duty with the National Under 20 team, forward Kye West was on a plane destined for Philadelphia on Tuesday to begin a four-year football scholarship at Villanova University.

With the current U20s going into action, this player crossed my thoughts ... not because he's eligible, buh because ah doh see him on Villanova's roster. What happened to him? Transferred? Done playing? What?

Transferred to College of Charleston.

Thanks for that. Makes sense. CoC ... a kindler, gentler, T&T friendly environment.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 11, 2015, 05:36:18 PM »
Saw Howard men and women teams doing their spring training at Greene stadium yesterday morning.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: T&T U.S. College Players Thread
« Reply #423 on: October 09, 2015, 05:02:02 AM »
Childhood friends aim to turn from college players to pro.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian)

National Under-23 duo Xavier Rajpaul and Keane McIvor are both back into the starting teams with their respective teams in the United States Colleges set up, following situations which forced to sit out the game for some time.

Both Rajpaul and Keane were barred from playing for Howard University and Robert Morris University respectively, after the NCIA found it necessary to investigate their academic qualifications. The duo were subsequently cleared and were able to resume playing for their teams.

Rajpaul returned with a bang with a 40-yard stunner against University of Maryland Baltimore County (UBMC) which earned the number two spot on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” Top 10.

Keane meantime is in his third year of college and transferred from Lindsey Wilson College in Kentucky. He scored an 80th minute game winner in his debut match before the three-week suspension followed. But Keane is now back playing again.

Both players grew up playing together at St Ann’s Rangers before making it onto the national U-17 and U-20 teams and earning late call ups to the U-23 team earlier this year. They are hoping to force their way into the professional football ranks within the next few months.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2016 U.S. College Based Players Thread
« Reply #424 on: February 09, 2016, 08:32:32 PM »
St. Mary’s College midfielder Ethan Shim and St. Anthony’s College midfielder/defender Andrew Rullow have signed to play with West Virginia University.
http://www.wvusports.com/page.cfm?story=29572

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 U.S. College Based Players Thread
« Reply #425 on: February 10, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »
St. Mary’s College midfielder Ethan Shim and St. Anthony’s College midfielder/defender Andrew Rullow have signed to play with West Virginia University.
http://www.wvusports.com/page.cfm?story=29572
Let's Go Mountaineers!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:49 PM »
Queen’s Royal College midfielder/defender Jahrique Stewart has signed a letter of intent and scholarship agreement to play for Otero Junior College in the 2016/17 season.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #427 on: October 10, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »
Curtis defender Ian Blugh to graduate early, attend Iona workouts.
By Charlie De Biase Jr. (highschoolsports.silive.com/)

Curtis center defender Ian Blugh was presented with a unique opportunity that will help jump start his college career as a soccer player.

And, thanks in part to the approval of the St. George school's administration, he's taking advantage of it.

Blugh, who's in the midst of a solid season for the Warriors, will graduate from Curtis in January, thus opening the door for him to start training with Iona College's soccer team in the spring.

The senior, who plans to sign a national letter of intent to attend the NCAA Division 1 school on a partial athletic, partial academic scholarship this winter, said his academic workload has substantially increased now, but it's well worth it.

"I have the chance to go (to Iona) in the spring and start training with the team early (for next season),'' said the 17-year-old Blugh, who has helped the Warriors to a 5-3-0 PSAL record this season. "I have to double up on everything and do two on-line courses to get to graduate in January, but I received approval (from Curtis' administration) and all of my grades are 90 and above, so everything should be fine.''

Blugh said he plans to give himself a head start academically by taking classes in the spring. Blugh, who was told by former Curtis' boys' soccer coach Joyce Simonson that he's the first Curtis player to play division 1, believes he's in a good situation.

"I'm going to miss my friends a lot, no doubt, but this is a huge advantage for me,'' said Blugh. "I'm getting trained earlier and I'm getting more time to get physically fit. I'll be going up against guys 3-4 years older than me, so the extra time is huge.''

According to Blugh's father, Anthony, Iona head coach James Hamilton made his son the No. 1 recruit in his current recruiting class. In deciding to go to Iona, Blugh passed up several other interested division 1 schools, including Fairleigh Dickinson, Marist, LaFayette, Lehigh, Portland College (Ore.), Southern Methodist, Fairfield and Duquese.

Although his primary position at Curtis is center back, the versatile Blugh said he's played just about everywhere for the Warriors this season. But the St. George resident believes he'll be a holding midfielder in college, a position he often played with Brooklyn/Queens-based BW Gottschee Academy.

"I love finding open space and creating,'' said Blugh, who currently has seven goals and two assists for Curtis. "I'm really fast and quick and I'm good at winning the ball in the air, bringing it down and starting the attack.

"My passing is very good,'' he added. "I'm also solid at shooting from distance and taking free kicks.''

Blugh said Hamilton told him he's in line to start as a freshman 'if I'm ready to play.''

In the meantime, he's going to enjoy his final weeks of high school soccer as his January graduation gets closer.

"I was a little nervous in the beginning once I made the decision (to graduate early and attend Iona in the Spring),'' admitted Blugh, who's a captain at Curtis. "You can't help thinking, 'did I make the right decision,' but the more I think about it, I believe I did and I'm really happy with what i decided.''

Ian was able to go down to Trinidad and Tobago and workout with coach Brian Williams and the U-20 team for a week.

Ian was able to go down to Trinidad and Tobago and workout with coach Brian Williams and the U-20 team for a week.

Coach Ken Elie came to see him play also and wanted to include Ian on the T&T U-17 team for the most recent tournament but he was born in Sept. 1999 which made him ineligible as he was a few months to old. Ian is still hopeful of joining the T&T U-18 team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:40 AM »
Shalette Alexander wins Red River Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week
wileyathletics.com

Shalette Alexander helped the Wildcats earn two shutouts.

After helping the Wiley College women's soccer team to two shutout victories, Shalette Alexander (SR/Carapichaima, Trinidad & Tobago) wins Red River Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week.

In Thursday's 3-0 victory at Texas College, Alexander helped the Lady Wildcats hold the Lady Steers to six shots and prevented them from getting a shot on goal. Alexander was part of a defensive effort that held Jarvis Christian College to one shot in Saturday's 2-0 victory.

The two victories helped the Lady Wildcats finish fourth in the Red River Athletic Conference at 8-3-2 overall and 5-2-2 in conference play. Wiley College will host Texas A&M-Texarkana in the first round of the Red River Athletic Conference Tournament at 3 p.m. Friday.

This is the first time that Alexander has won the award. She is the second Lady Wildcat to win Defensive Player of the Week. Goalkeeper Keri Myers (JR/Carapichauna, Trinidad & Tobago) won on October 10.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 31, 2016, 06:19:50 AM »
2016 NSCAA NAIA Men's All-America Teams

Second Team
Pos First Class School Hometown
GK Joe White Jr. Hastings England
D Genaro Hurtado-Salinas Sr. Westmont Carpinteria, Calif.
D Spencer Atkin Sr. Baker Olathe, Kan.
D Frantzly Zephirin Sr. MidAmerica Nazarene Montreal, Que.
M Luke Hitchman Jr. Union (Ky.) Wales
M Aleksi Pahkasalo* Sr. Lindsey Wilson Finland
M Rafael Mentzingen So. Bryan Brazil
M Stephen Pouna So. Baker Cameroon
F Jarrod Ingram Jr. Thomas Tallahassee, Fla.
F Dominic Harrington Jr. MidAmerica Nazarene Trinidad and Tobago
F Jake Love Jr. Davenport Hudsonville, Mich.
* Indicates previous All-America selection

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 04, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »
WATCH: Kareem Riley scores the game-winner with a thunderbolt from 40 yards out to give Florida Gulf Coast University a 3-2 win over Omaha

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PEUKUWNVubQ?start=72" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PEUKUWNVubQ?start=72</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Burnett Tabbed NJAC Men's Soccer Rookie of the Week
« Reply #431 on: October 04, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
Burnett Tabbed NJAC Men's Soccer Rookie of the Week
montclairathletics.com

Freshman forward CHAZ BURNETT was selected as the New Jersey Athletic Conference Men's Soccer Rookie of the Week on Monday.

Burnett recorded his first career hat trick with three goals along with an assist as Montclair State rolled to a 7-3 victory over Kean last Wednesday evening.

Trailing 2-1 late in the first half, Burnett scored twice in a span of three minutes to turn the one-goal deficit into a one-goal advantage. He headed in a cross to tie the game and then gave MSU the lead for good pouncing on a loose ball in the box with 2:26 remaining in the first half. He assisted on Montclair's sixth goal inside the final 15 minutes and scored the last goal with 4:35 left.

Burnett is currently second on the team in scoring with 15 points and second with six goals. He ranks fifth in the NJAC in points and fifth in goals.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #432 on: October 04, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »
Ah see NJAC and I was thinking politics yes.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #433 on: December 17, 2017, 03:28:05 AM »
Rajpaul’s Christmas without dad.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

This Christmas holiday for former national Under-20 midfielder Xavier Rajpaul will be like none other. It will be one spent without the most inspirational figure in his life, his father Darryl Rajpaul, a PNM councillor for Belmont East, who lost his life after a suffering a heart attack during a friendly match of football last month.

Rajpaul is holding onto aspirations of becoming a professional footballer and going onto play for this country’s senior team. But recently those ambitions almost turned to something of the past and it took a few timely pieces of advice to get Xavier back in line.

“I considered giving up football because it was too painful but one thing I frequently heard from family and friends is that I should continue working hard and fighting for my dream, which is to play football professionally,” said Rajpaul, a former St Anthony’s College player.

“But the one call that made me feel like playing again was when my friend Alvin Jones contacted me and we had a really great conversation about everything and the part that really stood out to me was about my dad’s legacy and the work he put in place to get me where I am at today.

“Alvin expressed that he has never experienced this feeling but his advice and the conversation just motivated me to get back to practice and work hard to become a professional player and to use this as a drive to get where I want to be and to live for him.”

Rajpaul and Jones were team-mates on the T&T U-20 team in 2012.

“My most inspirational figure is my dad, always has and will always be. He coached me throughout my life and would always recognise and tell me what I need to do better to grow as a player. I would not be the player I am today if it weren’t for his guidance,” Rajpaul said.

“From dad’s life I have taken away how humble he was as a person and how much he was willing to help someone else without expecting something in return. It has not been easy coping since his passing but having good friends and family around has been helpful in keeping my spirits up.”

The 23-year-old has completed his US College tenure which last four seasons with College of Charleston and Howard University. His 40-yard goal in 2015 earned the number two pick on ESPN’s Sportscenter’s top ten plays.

Though being plagued by injury in his fourth and final year, he still intends to return to the game and will be considering training with a local Pro League team next year before considering long-term options. He also had stints with the DC United U-23 team while based in the United States.

“My plan right now is to focus on reforming myself first by getting back into shape and in a good head space before I focus on the game again. I completed my final college last week so I have decided to move back home for the time being to stay close with the family. When Pro League teams start pre-season, I will try to train with a team if I don’t get anything abroad by that time,” Rajpaul said.

Shaun Fuentes served as an appointed FIFA Media Officer at the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals and is also a CONCACAF Champions League and tournament’s press officer.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2017, 08:41:19 AM »
Good Luck and God Bless!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Harte wants T&T coaches monitor US college football
« Reply #435 on: July 10, 2018, 05:21:25 AM »
Harte wants T&T coaches monitor US college football
By Stephon Nickolas (Newsday).

Tobago defender transfers to division one school

TOBAGONIAN Nathan Harte continues to elevate his stock and keep alive his dream of playing professional football. Harte, a central defender with the skill to also play defensive midfield, will be competing in the NCAA division one soccer championship in September after transferring to the University of North Florida from Grace College in Winona Lake, Indiana.

The 21 year old’s rise to prominence has been paved by hard work and ambition which have served him well since he moved from Mount Saint George to Trinidad at age 10.

Attending St Mary’s College, Harte began to show glimpses of his talent and was soon representing his school at the highest level. He was instrumental in helping the ‘Saints’ reach the national Intercol final before losing to Presentation College. His strong performances marshalling the back line did not go unnoticed, and for those who might not have gotten the chance to see him play, his friend made a highlight video of his season just to remind them. It is this video that catapulted Harte to North America.

“I sent the video to a soccer agency and the head coach saw my video and they called me immediately,” Harte said.

A scholarship to Grace College was soon on the table and Harte was heading to Indiana to play in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Harte’s impact was immediate as Grace College won their conference last year for the first time in decades.

Life in Indiana is quite different from here but Harte said he enjoyed it.

“Definitely it’s a lot different from back home. There was another guy from Trinidad on the team – Shemar DeGannes – so that eased the home sickness. People there were interested that I’m from the Caribbean and were fascinated about our culture,” he said.

Despite enjoying his debut season with Grace College, Harte is on the move again and moving on up. That highlight video from St Mary’s College continues to make the rounds and got into the inbox of University of North Florida coach Derek Marinatos who also got glimpses of him at Indiana. Marinatos and his coaching staff were sold and Harte’s transfer to Florida was in motion.

“After my first season, to transfer to a division one school was my goal. I want to play at the highest level in US college,” Harte said.

What does he hope to achieve in the short term?

“To develop as a player and a person. I see this as a journey because my long term ambition is to play on the national team and play professionally,” he said.

Harte acknowledged though that being in the US College system has its drawbacks.

“Naturally players back home are in front the coaches so they get the first look. It is difficult for them to monitor the progress of college players. My St Mary’s College teammate Rashad Hyacinth played at Indiana University, which was ranked number one in the nation, and the team went to the 2017 NCAA division one national final against Stanford University and he was not called for trial on the national under-23 or senior team,” Harte said.

He, however, is not deterred and said his qualities on the field can help this country succeed.

“I bring defensive prowess and ability to tackle and win the ball. I’m a good player of the ball in long passing and distribution. I’m good in the air even though I’m not that tall,” he said.

Off the field, Harte is extremely focused on pursuing his degree in finance and accounting. “It’s been going good so far. Business is something I’ve always been good at so it’s been fun doing something again that I love. I think academics is important because there is life after football so I consider it an investment for the future,” he said.

Harte also thanked former Pro League CEO and SKHY FC co-founder Dexter Skeene for giving him a sound physical and mental foundation to see and capitalise on opportunities that are available.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rahim, James named UCONN honorees, Grosvenor pays glowing tribute
« Reply #436 on: August 23, 2018, 02:15:34 PM »
Rahim, James named UCONN honorees, Grosvenor pays glowing tribute
SSFL Media

Former St Anthony’s college duo Brent Rahim and Julius James have been made 2018 honorees of the University of Connecticut in the United States.

Both players had successful careers in the Secondary Schools Football League before moving to UCONN on football scholarships.

Rahim was captain of Uconn’s 2000 National Championship Team. He is two-time NSCAA All American and 2000 MAC Herman Trophy Award Finalist. He is 8th All Time on UCONN assist list with 27. Rahim played professionally in the UK and other parts of Europe including Bulgaria and has represented Trinidad and Tobago at youth and senior level. He now works for FIFA as a director in Beach Soccer and Futsal.

James is a four-year varsity letter winner at UConn (‘04-’07), three-time team captain for the Huskies, Three-time NSCAA All-American (‘05-’07),Three-time First Team All- Big East (‘05-’07) and Big East Defensive Player of the Year (‘05-’07). He is still playing professionally having also passed through the ranks of American Major League Soccer (MLS)

Nigel Grosvenor, the head coach at St Anthony’s College during the players’ time at the high school, paid a glowing tribute to both men.

“Brent and Julius were top class players and individuals during their time at St Anthony’s and after. They were very good people and very disciplined,” Grosvenor told SSFLTT.com

“From the time Brent came to St Anthony’s from Under 14 right up he  was one of the top players. He was a team player, he never missed a practice and never missed a class.  He was always neat with shirt in pants at all times and  he was always a disciplined person. This transferred straight out to the field. He was one of the first from the school to get an overseas trial. He went out to Newcastle United for a trial and we were very proud of that. Nobody knew much because he never showed off or open his mouth and brag about it,” Grosvenor added.

Then he got the scholarship to UCONN and we were not surprised. He paved the way for the other boys. He was one of  the top players and UCONN and now he is an honouree. He paved the way for others at UCONN. You had Julius, Steve Sealy and even my son Qian who all went there. I will never forget when the UCONN coach Raymond ‘Ray’ Reid called and asked if I had other players of the calibre of Brent and I had to tell him that you don’t get players like Brent overnight.

“Brent was a gem at St Anthony’s and I am not surprised with his accomplishments but I am very proud. Up to recently he still asked if the school (St Anthony’s) needs anything and always willing to support, sending footballs and donations. He never forgot his roots.”

On James, Grosvenor spoke of certain qualities he possesses from very early.

“Julius was a transfer from St James Secondary and he was very, very disciplined also. Like Brent, I am not surprised at what is happening now with him because he is such a hard worker. He is one of the hardest workers on the field that I ever had. When he came into my office at lunchtime you could see it with the food he ate… it was just ground provision everyday. All the hard work paid off. It was his dream to come to St Anthony’s because we were really one of the top teams at the time and he help to take us to a next level.

“UCONN is one of the top schools in the United States and to have them being recognised there having come from St Anthony’s is a very proud feeling. At
St Anthony’s it was not just the footballers but the student body looked that looked up to them. Whenever they walked through the corridors it was a sight for the students. They always carried themselves as professionals on and off the field. They were prefects also because of the respect students had for them off the field of play also,” Grosvenor stated.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 28, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
Former St. Benedict's footballer Reuel Tyson dies in car crash in the United States
By Sascha Wil­son (T&T Guardian)

A young stu­dent who won a foot­ball schol­ar­ship on­ly this year died yes­ter­day in a ve­hic­u­lar ac­ci­dent in the Unit­ed States.

The death of Reuel Tyson, 20, a for­mer stu­dent of St Bene­dicts Col­lege, La Ro­maine, has sent shock waves through­out the sec­ondary school foot­ball com­mu­ni­ty, his for­mer school fra­ter­ni­ty, fam­i­ly and friends.

De­tails of the ac­ci­dent have not been dis­closed. The col­lege post­ed up pho­tos of Tyson and his team-mates on Face­book, as it ex­pressed con­do­lences to his fam­i­ly and friends.

The Col­lege post­ed, “To­day, we say good­bye to an­oth­er tal­ent. Our past stu­dent, Reuel Tyson who at­tained a foot­ball schol­ar­ship this year to at­tend Jef­fer­son Col­lege in Mis­souri, passed away in a car ac­ci­dent this morn­ing in the Unit­ed States.

He was a mem­ber of our school’s Pre­mier­ship Foot­ball team and our dra­ma group, The Gen­tle­men. Our prayers go out to his friends and fam­i­ly at this dif­fi­cult time. We al­so lift up in prayer his friend and broth­er, an­oth­er past stu­dent Mick­el Rav­el­lo, who sus­tained in­juries in the ac­ci­dent. We pray for a speedy re­cov­ery and we ask our God to com­fort him as he goes through this dif­fi­cult pe­ri­od.”

Col­lege prin­ci­pal Anne Gomes-Phillips de­scribed him as a very re­spect­ful, tal­ent­ed and qui­et young man. She said he was tal­ent­ed in the per­form­ing arts as well as foot­ball.

“It is ex­treme­ly trag­ic. This is a young life with so much po­ten­tial.” Tyson’s for­mer Un­der 14 coach Nolan Bernard, who is al­so a Phys­i­cal Ed­u­ca­tion teacher at the col­lege, re­ceived the trag­ic news around 6 am.

Bernard said he did not know the cir­cum­stances of the ac­ci­dent, but apart from Rav­el­lo, an­oth­er stu­dent Myls Bar­ring­ton, a past stu­dent of Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, was al­so in­jured.

He said they were room­mates at the Mis­souri Col­lege. “They want­ed to be pro­fes­sion­al ath­letes, go on to play for the na­tion­al team, play for a team away. They pur­sued the SATs on their own and paid for it on their own. A scout from Mis­souri came down, saw them play and took the three of them.”

Bernard said he spoke with Tyson and Rav­el­lo just a month ago and they were re­al­ly ex­cit­ed. He of­fered to help them with strate­gies to bal­ance school work with foot­ball.

“He was quick, he was hum­ble and he was af­fec­tion­ate­ly called strik­er for life. He is a child any par­ent would want,” said Bernard. Tyson lived in La Brea with his fam­i­ly.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y8EMg7mNQsI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y8EMg7mNQsI</a>
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:44:44 PM by Tallman »

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2018, 03:01:27 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jefferson College soccer player dies in weekend accident
« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2018, 05:35:32 AM »
Jefferson College soccer player dies in weekend accident
By Tony Krausz (Jefferson County Leader)

Reuel J. Tyson, 20, a member of the Jefferson College men’s soccer team, died in a two-vehicle accident Saturday night (Oct. 27) on Hwy. 67, north of Berry Road in Bonne Terre, in St. Francois County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol reported. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:45 p.m. by the St. Francois County coroner.

Tyson is listed as a freshman forward from San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago, on the soccer team’s website. He was a passenger in a 2008 Scion tC, along with four other men who are listed on the team’s roster.

Mickel M. Ravello, 20, who was driving the Scion, is a freshman defender, also from San Fernando. Mylz K. Barrington, 20, of Prince Town, Trinidad and Tobago, is a freshman defender. Dalton E. Conrad, 18, of St. Louis is a freshman defender. Tevin T. Slater, 24, of Clare Valley, St. Vincent and Grenadines, is a freshman forward.

The crash occurred at about 11:25 p.m. when Ravello was crossing the highway at Berry Road and allegedly failed to yield to a southbound 2017 Ford Focus, which slammed into the Scion, the report said.

The cars went off the right side of the road, according to the report.

Barrington was seriously injured, and Conrad, Ravello and Slater were moderately injured. All four were transported by St. Francois County Ambulance to Mercy Hospital Jefferson in Crystal City, the report said.

Desloge residents Joshua A. Green, 32, who was driving the Focus, and Christina M. Green, 36, who was in the car, were seriously injured and also transported to Mercy Hospital Jefferson, the report said.

Joshua Green was transferred to Mercy St. Louis in Creve Coeur, and Barrington, Conrad, Ravello, Slater and Christina Green were treated and released, a Mercy Jefferson spokesman said tonight.

Dalton, Ravello, and Joshua and Christina Green were wearing seat belts, and Barrington, Slater and Tyson were not, according to the report.

Both cars were totaled, the report said.

Jefferson College President Raymond Cummiskey acknowledged Tyson’s death on a Facebook post on Sunday, writing, “Our campus has suffered a great loss.”

He said counseling services would be available for students and staff.

“Please keep the Tyson family and his fellow soccer teammates and students in your thoughts during the days ahead,” he said.

CLICK HERE for the Online Crash Report

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Memorial fund page for late footballer Reuel Tyson
« Reply #440 on: November 02, 2018, 06:28:56 AM »
Memorial fund page for late footballer Reuel Tyson
By Laurel Williams (T&T Newsday)

A MEMORIAL fund page in the name of Reuel Tyson, 20, has been created through the Jefferson College Foundation to help the footballer’s family defray funeral expenses.

Tyson, of Union Hall in San Fernando, died in a car accident in the United States on Saturday which left several people injured, including two other Trinidadians.

Tyson, a football scholarship winner from St Benedict’s College, La Romaine, was a member/freshman of the Jefferson College football team.

According to a post yesterday afternoon from Jefferson College’s Facebook page, it said that the College is extremely thankful for the overwhelming support and concern that has been expressed in the wake of this tragedy for Tyson and his family, and for others who were involved.

“The care and compassion that has come from all parts of our campus community have truly exemplified the Jefferson College spirit. Your continued thoughts for the Tyson family and his fellow teammates are appreciated,” it said.

“Thank you to our Jefferson College community for pulling together and for supporting one another during this difficult time.”

Students, faculty/staff, and community members were invited to attend a memorial service for Tyson from 3pm yesterday at the Field House on the Hillsboro campus. The service is to be led by adjunct instructor Joshua Noah and include musical selections, guest speakers, and a candle lighting observance at the football field. Funeral arrangements in Trinidad have not been finalised yet.

The college is offering free counseling resources to all students and faculty/staff in which all services are confidential.

Anyone may contribute at https://jeffco.ejoinme.org/reueltysonmemorialfund.

The accident happened at the Missouri State Highway Patrol on Saturday night.

He was a passenger in a car driven by Mickel Ravello, 20, also of San Fernando, with three other passengers. Another Trinidadian Mylz Barrington, 20, of Princes Town was also injured in the accident.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 02, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »
Montclair, NJ – Sophomore CHAZ BURNETT scored once and assisted on another goals as No. 7 and top-seeded Montclair State captured the New Jersey Athletic Conference championship for the second time in three years with a 5-0 win over No. 2 seed Ramapo College at MSU Soccer Park on Friday evening.

The Red Hawks (17-1-2) got goals from five different players as it claimed its seventh conference crown in the last 13 seasons and its 13th overall. Montclair also claimed the conference's automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Men's Soccer Championship which gets underway next weekend

Montclair, which stretched its unbeaten streak to 15 with its fourth straight victory, will learn its first-round opponent and location when the entire bracket is revealed in a live Selection Show on NCAA.com on Monday, November 5 at 1:00 pm.  MSU was ranked No. 1 in the latest NCAA South Atlantic Regional rankings.

Joshua Schaffer had eight saves for Ramapo (15-3-2), which suffered its first loss since October 6, a 2-0 setback against the Red Hawks. The Roadrunners, making their first NJAC Championship Game appearance will wait to see if it earns one of the at-large bids to the tournament. Ramapo was ranked No. 3 in the South Atlantic Regional ranking this week.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St. Francis College Women’s Soccer announces addition of Klil Keshwar
« Reply #442 on: December 11, 2018, 02:47:25 PM »
St. Francis College Women’s Soccer announces addition of Klil Keshwar
sfcathletics.com

St. Francis Brooklyn women's soccer head coach Justine Lombardi announced the addition of Klil Keshwar, who signed her National Letter of Intent (NLI) to join the program.

"Klil is an outstanding player, her accolades speak for themselves. What I am most excited about however is her drive, her desire to improve, her future aspirations, and her personality off the field. Klil is going to be an excellent addition to our school and our program, and we are lucky to have her," said Lombardi on the signing of Keshwar.

Keshwar is a 6-foot-1 goalkeeper and a native of Trinidad and Tobago. This past year, Keshwar she was invited to training camp with Trinidad and Tobago's senior women's football team for the Caribbean Football Union World Cup Qualifiers for CONCACAF 2018. In addition, she was invited to camp with the national senior women's squad for the Central American and Caribbean Games.

She was the starting goalkeeper for Trinidad and Tobago's U20 women's team that competed in the U20 women's CONCACAF and World Cup Qualifiers in 2018.

While playing at Bishop Anstey High School in Port of Spain, she was named the 2017 Secondary Schools Football League All-Star Female Goalkeeper. She also claimed the Top Five Player award. In 2017, she won the Bishop Anstey Most Outstanding Footballer award.

As a senior, her high school team went on to win the Secondary School National Girls' Intercol Championship. They also won the Secondary School North Zone Intercol.

Keshwar's club team was just as successful with her on the roster. She played for the Trincity Nationals F.C. in the Women's Football League (W.O.L.F). In 2017, her club took home third place in the Super Division. The season before, Trincity claimed first place in the first division.

The goalkeeper was first invited to training camp with Trinidad and Tobago's senior women's team in 2016 as the team prepared for the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship. She was the starting keeper for Trinidad and Tobago's U17 women's team that captured third-place in Caribbean Football Union Women's U17 CONCACAF Qualifiers in Puerto Rico. Keshwar was also the starting keeper for Trinidad and Tobago's U15 Girls' team that earned third-place at the U15 CONCACAF Championships in 2014 on the Cayman Islands.

Keshwar started playing soccer competitively at nine years old with Dinsley Trincity Primary School as a midfielder/forward.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Griffith III on scholarship at Sunderland College
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »
Griffith III on scholarship at Sunderland College
TTFA Media

National Men’s Under 17 forward Gary Griffith III is currently in England engaged in preseason training with Sunderland College and  Improtech Football Development Centre.

Griffith III, a member of the T&T U-17 team that participated at the CONCACAF U-17 Men’s Championship at IMG Academy in Florida earlier this year, received a full scholarship for Football and Sport Management at Sunderland College.

Griffith III  attended the Sunderland versus Portsmouth game at the Montgomery Suite, Stadium of light where he was asked to undertake one of the draws for the day’s proceedings. Griffith III was guest of Brian Henderson, father of Liverpool FC’s captain, Jordan Henderson.

Since his arrival in Sunderland, Griffith has participated in two friendlies for Sunderland College against Sunderland AFC and Hartlepool FC. Preseason training continues leading into the opening of the school term in September and the new season.

Sunderland College has a unique 5 year strategic partnership with Sunderland Association Football Club, this partnership brings numerous benefits to our Football Development Centre including use of the facilities at the Academy of Light, showcase matches and master coaching sessions from SAFC coaches. Sunderland is the former club of ex-T&T internationals Dwight Yorke, Stern John, Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones.
Sunderland College’s brand new Elite Football Development Centre is in a partnership with Improtech.

Griffith III and his teammates  are accessing first-class coaching to develop advanced football skills and awareness, technical and tactical knowledge and personal growth, as well as enhanced fitness and physical well-being supported by leading strength and conditioning coaches. Thir Elite Football Development Centre runs as a professional academy  combining educational studies with professional training and competitive games.

Academic studies are built around the College’s training and games programme to provide a timetable that supports both academic and footballing excellence.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign-based College Players Thread
« Reply #444 on: February 26, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »
WATCH: "There are a lot of talented players in the SSFL but abroad people understand, read and play the game at a quicker level". Ex-SSFL Standout, Jordan Riley discusses life at Ottawa University Arizona

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h-Ee2LwbIvg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h-Ee2LwbIvg</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 26, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »
WATCH: "There are a lot of talented players in the SSFL but abroad people understand, read and play the game at a quicker level". Ex-SSFL Standout, Jordan Riley discusses life at Ottawa University Arizona

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h-Ee2LwbIvg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h-Ee2LwbIvg</a>

Well his next season gonna feel more like home now
3 more Presentation College teammates heading up for the upcoming season ---GK Jabari Gray, Darnell Hospedales and Juaval Roberts

Serious south connection there

Best of luck to them out there!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 26, 2020, 07:55:07 PM »

this seriously needs to stop being a thing, are there no local clubs, coaches, f/ball schools that understand this.......it jus weird to hear dis over and over and not have coaches here openly acknowledge and try to change it for so many years, it have to be willful ignorance of the problem, we play TOO SLOW at all levels......local based players consistently wilt under high intensity and pressure, I asked vb about d slowness in we football now relative to the strike squad and he say dem was quick in all aspects so when dat start or it was always dey and we jus couldn't see it......or fast of yesterday is slow today because ah jus doh understand this situation ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 26, 2020, 09:51:35 PM »
That ... and three other concerns are, in my view, four of the principal fundamental issues faced in our formative football, but I've consciously decided to pursue a different path rather than banging my pot in the road to bring them to repetitive recognition. Two of them are both commonly recognized  and commonly ignored. One is not "us".

I've come to realize that I'm better off learning from the choir rather than preaching to agnostics and atheists and those who were firmly attached to their own evangelism.

That stated, I think we are better positioned today to improve than we were previously.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:13:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »
I've said that for years - the pace of the game is too slow and it stood out for me watching local games v the English game at all levels. The technical ability was there for sure.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2020, 07:59:41 AM »
That ... and three other concerns are, in my view, four of the principal fundamental issues faced in our formative football, but I've consciously decided to pursue a different path rather than banging my pot in the road to bring them to repetitive recognition. Two of them are both commonly recognized  and commonly ignored. One is not "us".

I've come to realize that I'm better off learning from the choir rather than preaching to agnostics and atheists and those who were firmly attached to their own evangelism.

That stated, I think we are better positioned today to improve than we were previously.

Really hoping oui, because football could make ah good living for many of our prospects but not if they are consistently unprepared for the pace of today's international club game, stronger leagues anyways
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>