April 19, 2024, 01:14:47 PM

Author Topic: Bahrain qualify for World Cup Asian playoff  (Read 18430 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bahrain qualify for World Cup Asian playoff
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 04:18:25 AM »
yeah RF....that question was asked earlier and we came to a consensus that we were talking about population size. when you joined the thread, you should have realized that's what E-man was talking about instead of trying to lambast people for not knowing the facts, or not reading carefully. as it turns out, you did neither and are making yourself to sound like an idiot. case in point:

So because a bunch of Trinis say its "population" size that determines how small a country is, it should be the end all and be all?

Listen, the international media + FIFA harped on the fact all throughout France '98...Its not something that I made up.
I recall even Jack Warner mentioning the fact when they presented Jamaica with the "Best Mover" award after they qualified for France.

Yes, Jamaica was the smallest country to play in the world cup before T&T came along. And thats a FACTUAL statement.

It doesnt take anything away from your achievements, so dont understand the lengths at which peeps re going to prove a silly point. Jamaiuca has a bigger legacy to look back at, 3 goals scored and a win. We had one player scoring a brace in a single game. Many before (and after  ;D) has tried and failed to even score at the finals, much less win a game.

And for the last time, Kuwaite is geographically larger than the island of Jamaica. not only that, They have a larger population. Jamaica population in the 1990's was around 2.3 million people.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:25:16 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 04:20:51 AM »
Fact: Kuwait was the smallest country to qualify for the World Cup before T&T came along.

Whats Kuwaite population when they qualified? Jamaica's was 2.3 million in 1997...according to Jamaica Government

And what is Kuwaite's geographicall mass? Definately larger thn Jamaica

THE END.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2009, 05:51:00 AM »
yeah RF....that question was asked earlier and we came to a consensus that we were talking about population size. when you joined the thread, you should have realized that's what E-man was talking about instead of trying to lambast people for not knowing the facts, or not reading carefully. as it turns out, you did neither and are making yourself to sound like an idiot. case in point:

So because a bunch of Trinis say its "population" size that determines how small a country is, it should be the end all and be all?

Listen, the international media + FIFA harped on the fact all throughout France '98...Its not something that I made up.
I recall even Jack Warner mentioning the fact when they presented Jamaica with the "Best Mover" award after they qualified for France.

Yes, Jamaica was the smallest country to play in the world cup before T&T came along. And thats a FACTUAL statement.

It doesnt take anything away from your achievements, so dont understand the lengths at which peeps re going to prove a silly point. Jamaiuca has a bigger legacy to look back at, 3 goals scored and a win. We had one player scoring a brace in a single game. Many before (and after  ;D) has tried and failed to even score at the finals, much less win a game.

And for the last time, Kuwaite is geographically larger than the island of Jamaica. not only that, They have a larger population. Jamaica population in the 1990's was around 2.3 million people.

RF...Jamaica was NEVER the smallest nation to qualify for the World Cup. All discussions about size referred to population size and all that was ever said about JA was that it was the first caribbean nation to qualify for the WC. Later on, broadcasters realized this was in error and they changed it to JA being the first english-speaking caribbean nation to qualify. You will never find any non-Jamaican TV broadcast or legit publication where JA is mentioned as the smallest nation to qualify. I am no JA-hater..just providing you with facts. If they are indeed the smallest by land mass to qualify, then excellent. Now learn to read and go back to E-man's link where FOR THE RECORD, Kuwait's population was smaller than JA's when Kuwait qualified for the WC and when JA qualified. And if you join a thread where we determine we are talking about population size, then it is stupid to accuse people of guessing and not knowing the facts. Only person "guessing" was you

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2009, 06:38:21 AM »
The smallest country to ever qualify for the WC, was Trinidad and tobago in 1974.
Population 900 000.

TT then qualified again and played in 2006 - 1.3 million.

Jamaica is the second smallest.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2009, 06:57:42 AM »
The smallest country to ever qualify for the WC, was Trinidad and tobago in 1974.
Population 900 000.

TT then qualified again and played in 2006 - 1.3 million.

Jamaica is the second smallest.

VB

How many goals did you score/concede in the 1974 world cup and who did you play in the first round?

:devil:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2009, 07:09:41 AM »

RF...Jamaica was NEVER the smallest nation to qualify for the World Cup. All discussions about size referred to population size and all that was ever said about JA was that it was the first caribbean nation to qualify for the WC. Later on, broadcasters realized this was in error and they changed it to JA being the first english-speaking caribbean nation to qualify. You will never find any non-Jamaican TV broadcast or legit publication where JA is mentioned as the smallest nation to qualify. I am no JA-hater..just providing you with facts. If they are indeed the smallest by land mass to qualify, then excellent. Now learn to read and go back to E-man's link where FOR THE RECORD, Kuwait's population was smaller than JA's when Kuwait qualified for the WC and when JA qualified. And if you join a thread where we determine we are talking about population size, then it is stupid to accuse people of guessing and not knowing the facts. Only person "guessing" was you

Filho,

If you were paying attention, you would see where I joined the thread looooong before some dude made the claim that size is by poulation.

By your anology, the size of your house would be determined by the number of occupants, and not the number of square footage. And you wouldnt be totally wrong, depending on who you ask.

Anyway, we are flogging a dead horse..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:27:05 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »

Filho,

I joined the thread looooong before some dude made the claim that size is by poulation...if you were paying attention you would see that.

If it makes you feel better to redefine the meaning of the term "size" to suit your argument, then go ahead.

So in one sense, you are correct to take the accolade from Jamaica...while at the same time, I am not wrong when I say we are the smallest nation to have played in the finals prior to T&T (Kuwait is larger than Ja)

Fact: USA is the smallest country in North America(Mex is central America) to have played in the world cup finals.

Mr Fact, your facts are wrong, Canada is
Why yuh so riled up, no  matter what happens in the future, Jamaica will always be the nation with the ugliest woman supporters to qualify for a WCF, you will always have that one!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 07:31:22 AM »

Filho,

I joined the thread looooong before some dude made the claim that size is by poulation...if you were paying attention you would see that.

If it makes you feel better to redefine the meaning of the term "size" to suit your argument, then go ahead.

So in one sense, you are correct to take the accolade from Jamaica...while at the same time, I am not wrong when I say we are the smallest nation to have played in the finals prior to T&T (Kuwait is larger than Ja)

Fact: USA is the smallest country in North America(Mex is central America) to have played in the world cup finals.

Why yuh so riled up, no  matter what happens in the future, Jamaica will always be the nation with the ugliest woman supporters to qualify for a WCF, you will always have that one!

Not Riled up, just making a point.

Canada is geographically larger than the USA. FACT
USA has a larger population than CANADA: FACT

Why attack the women to make your point though? are you a faggot?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 07:34:16 AM »

Filho,

oh ah thought you was talking about population still lol
i guess you agree with the women part then correct?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »
I think I started the talk in this thread...and when I made the comment I was talking about population size.  And I was talking about T&T and Bahrain, so I dunno why the Jamaicans hadda come and jump on de talk....stay out!! Nobody eh call yuh name lol  ;D

When Trinidad was hailed as the smallest country to ever qualify to the WC, they were talking about population size... So once again, the land mass talk is irrelevant.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »

Filho,

oh ah thought you was talking about population still lol
i guess you agree with the women part then correct?

You didnt answer the faggot question mr man...so I see where you are coming from with the woman issue.

We have had our fair share of miss world/universe winners...so obviously we are not doing too shabby in that department.

back to the topic.

yes, size can be detrmined in terms of physical attribute (mass).

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »
I think I started the talk in this thread...and when I made the comment I was talking about population size.  And I was talking about T&T and Bahrain, so I dunno why the Jamaicans hadda come and jump on de talk....stay out!! Nobody eh call yuh name lol  ;D

When Trinidad was hailed as the smallest country to ever qualify to the WC, they were talking about population size... So once again, the land mass talk is irrelevant.  

i didnt read the whole thread in detail, its it clear is population size what everyone refers to when talking about that (except in Jamaica i guess).  you are absolutely correct.  

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:30 AM »

Did you explicityly say population size on the initial thread? NO you didnt. go to the back of the class.

no worries guys, you hold the crown right now. You have something to warm your heart when you  look back.

as for me, the 3 goals we scored and the one victory we secured, and actually going into half time with a 1-1 tie with the eventual 3rd place teamat France-98 is a more significant legacy.

We can put this thread to rest now.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:44:27 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2009, 07:44:05 AM »

Did you explicityly say population size on the initial thread? NO you didnt. go to the back of the class.

The more you talk, the more you make yourself look like a jackass.
Like only you don't realize that
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2009, 07:46:33 AM »

The more you talk, the more you make yourself look like a jackass.
Like only you don't realize that

Did you or did you not bossman?

I'll send yo a copy of the BBC documentary about Jamaica's qualification. call them Jackasses too if you want. I know you already call Jack Warber a Jackass, cause he seemed to have thought we were the smallest nation to have qualified when he presented us an award in zurich.

stay at the back of the class.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »

h

Initial thread?  It's only one thread boss.

Explicitly state? lol anyways....I didn't make up the statistic.  I was merely repeating a previously talked about metric, which referred to population size, so I eh have to explicitly say nuttin'.  If you didn't know what was being talked about wha ah go tell yuh...now you know.

Next time someone says Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world I'll refute it, saying that they didn't explicity say "runner over 100M & 200M distances"....steupsss......... yuh bored or what?  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »
that bahrain goal was real wicked sah...

saddis hit that with power and swerve..

i wonder if kelvin jack was saving that?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »

You actually telling somebody to go to de back of de class after making a false statement like Mexico is part of Central America and calling that fact. If anybody is deserving of a dunce cap is u. Steups...now try to salvage whatever little pride yuh have left and hush yuh mouth nah!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:55:28 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
The funniest part of this thread is seein how long it takes for the light bulb to come on in rf head.

But I know why it takes him so long to digest data, instead of a light bulb he have two sticks rubbin together to make fire.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »

Allyuh real wicked boy.   :duel:
Allyuh doh feel sorry for dem....before allyuh ask the man if he alright...how you dealing with the drought boy I know it real rough allyuh burying dem when they lash out.  Dat is how trauma victims is react have some mercy!!!  Sometimes we so damn spoilt we say we only underachieving but when last we wasn't in the last round (quite 98...and before that when?) and before this year when was the last time we didn't go gold cup?

How you could try and take away the smallest to qualify until dem blasted Trinis take it away "fact".  (I wonder if the international media was calling Kuwait the smallest in 1998 the same time   :heehee:)

As for Bahrain....dat goal was sweet but dey too bad mind with throwing ting on the field so they cud wait lil more than 4 years...we had to wait 32/16

1]; } ?>