April 26, 2024, 01:55:35 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2009 Gold Cup Games.  (Read 84469 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2009 Gold Cup Games.
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
it's 4th of July. you know Grenada going to get a spirited cutarse tonight  :rotfl:

Sam's Army will be in extra voice fuh shizzle.

Allyuh please doh underestimate the Spice Boys! Doh forget they defeated the world famous Soca Warriors to reach the Gold Cup!  8)

Doh be surprise if they hold the USA to a draw!
The ball is round and anything is possible on a given day!!
Btw where carib-briton? Long time no post, I won't be surprised if he fly over for the Gold Cup to support the Spice  Boys!  ;)
:rotfl:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
Mexico-Nicaragua

FT: Guadeloupe 2 - Panama 1,
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:34:20 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »
Is ah baseball field they convert?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »
That eh no PK.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2009, 05:57:32 PM »
Is ah baseball field they convert?

That is Oakland Coliseum. The A's are in the middle of their season. When the Raiders play they resod that area better.

Mexico just get a penal in the end of the half and convert it

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2009, 02:00:00 AM »
I can understand population having something to do with quality but that arguement only holds tight for football countries like Brazil,Argentina Germany etc,not a country like USA or Canada.Trinidad football should be on equal footing with the likes of USA and the rest.We have some of the most skillful players in CONCACAF but yet still we get beaten by the likes of Grenada.Sometimes I am so,so sad when we are beaten by inferior opponents and have to wonder if our people is suffering with some kind of mental block,we have always achieved but never build on our achievements.I live in England and whenever I come to TT the first thing I want, is to look at our club football,I think we have players comparable with anywhere in the world.Why the hell we cannot cross that barrier to take us to the promised land of equality with the likes of Mexico and USA,I am not saying we must beat them each time we meet,if we can then good but whenever we meet we start as out and out under-dogs.That surely cannot be right for a country with such a footballing culture,culture counts more than population.I hope that one day when we play Mexico or USA,I can say with some confidence that we can win,I cannot say that right now,not even if we play a Caribbean neighbour.

Allyuh must turn on the lights upstairs before typing shyte.
USA beat the might of Spain recently and barely lose to Brazil and you think TT should be up there with them ?
Lol grow up and face reality , we will never beat a US side that committed and we ent qualifuing for SA.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2009, 03:25:53 AM »
Yes fishs,TT should be up there with the likes of the USA,no body is saying that we should be"cock sure"of beating them but we ,as supporters at least feel that we have a chance of competing equally.That is not the case and,instead they toy with us, a country with a culture of football much longer than them.Try and understand what I am saying before you accuse me of writing shyte,read it again and you may get a better idea of what I'm saying.I am aware of the US superior football infrastructure,coaching,money etc,so its always going to be difficult,but dont tell me we cannot beat them from time to time.TT was in the football limelight before the USA and was cheated out of a WC place in 1974,we should have been in Italy in 90 when we were again robbed of a place against you know who,we were miles better than them,we then qualified for 2006 with a team that was no where close to those teams of 74 and 90.We should now be able to say that we had 3 appearances in the WC and our football should have moved on, not go backwards.Our football seems like a reflection of our laid back attitude to everything, that is why teams like Grenada and Bermuda can beat us.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Canada vs Jamaica
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2009, 05:56:45 AM »
That was Jamaica A team.. I know Jamaica2099 and RF will make all kind of excuse, they may even blame T&T and Jack Warner for the lost.

Glad SH buss they ass. He have a 2-1 record over Jamaica.

Jamaica looked lost going forward, nothing in central midfield, only relying on Ricardo Gardener on de wing.

Send Dwarika lend them... cha man... blood sc**t....

No excuses, Jamaica sent a strong team, like Canada did...both teams were at full strength. This game could have gone either way I believe. I thought Jamaica was marginally the better team in terms of posession, but golasos win matches, Jamaica's midfield and forward line werent on the cutting edge last night. Canada's offence looked threatening when they got the break.

Jamaica were unbeaten in the last 2 previous games between the two...the boyz displayed early signs of complacency I thought.

Up next CRC...this will be a do or die game for both teams.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:01:17 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:26 AM »
I can understand population having something to do with quality but that arguement only holds tight for football countries like Brazil,Argentina Germany etc,not a country like USA or Canada.Trinidad football should be on equal footing with the likes of USA and the rest.We have some of the most skillful players in CONCACAF but yet still we get beaten by the likes of Grenada.Sometimes I am so,so sad when we are beaten by inferior opponents and have to wonder if our people is suffering with some kind of mental block,we have always achieved but never build on our achievements.I live in England and whenever I come to TT the first thing I want, is to look at our club football,I think we have players comparable with anywhere in the world.Why the hell we cannot cross that barrier to take us to the promised land of equality with the likes of Mexico and USA,I am not saying we must beat them each time we meet,if we can then good but whenever we meet we start as out and out under-dogs.That surely cannot be right for a country with such a footballing culture,culture counts more than population.I hope that one day when we play Mexico or USA,I can say with some confidence that we can win,I cannot say that right now,not even if we play a Caribbean neighbour.

Allyuh must turn on the lights upstairs before typing shyte.
USA beat the might of Spain recently and barely lose to Brazil and you think TT should be up there with them ?
Lol grow up and face reality , we will never beat a US side that committed and we ent qualifuing for SA.

I wont go and talk about what TnT cant do. I dont have no crystal ball and the football is round however to put things into perspective....   

USA  population = 350 million
TnT  population = a buck o' nine

any questions?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »
Jamaica tries to regroup to avoid another early exit

Theodore Whitmore hadn't tasted defeat at the helm of Jamaica.

That all changed when Jamaica lost to Canada 1-0 in the Gold Cup opener.

Now his team's hopes of advancing at Gold Cup have quickly come down to one game.

Whitmore hopes to find some answers and before Tuesday when his side takes on Costa Rica in both teams' second match in Group A.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »
For all you blokes who feel that population is the most important criteria necessary to make a good football team,here is something to ponder.Trinidad & Tobago have beaten,Kenya 31 million,Iraq 20 million,South Africa 42 million,drew with Sweden 9 million and came within 7 minutes of drawing with England,population 60 million.England invented the game and  once won the WC.
Now any questions, especially to davidephraim.Once again try and understand what I'm trying to say,our football has stagnated for some reason,with our small population we should have made it to 3 World Cup finals,our first should have been in 74,where was USA with their 350 million population then.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »
there is no way anyone can correlate population demographics to football talent unless you are using more than one variable - other than gross population.

China and India have for a long time had the majority of the world's population - AND they also have had an uncosmopolitan makeup to their population. In all likelihood - the game would have also been introduced there decades and in some places, centuries before it had reached current countries with superior footballing talent.

The teams on the African continent - and those along the slave-trade route which have superior teams to China and India, also dwarf in population numbers comparison, and would be a couple hundred years (at least) behind at least in playing the game.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
acb when yuh use word like"variable" maybe people dont understand. ;D ;D ;D.I said before that our West Indies team rule the cricket world for20 years with a population of 5 million.This thing about population is not a fully justified arguement,as you said there are other variables.Nuff said,REGARDS.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
Watching Grenada against the U.S. was harsh on the eyes; they looked totally out of depth.  We need to really set the bar high.  Qualification for these tournaments should be a must.  Pacho should have been let go IMMEDIATELY after failing to qualify the team for the Gold Cup.  We could have really used this tournament to blood a few players and really get things going for the remaining qualfying games.  Not being there certainly does not help our football, especially as we don't play enough quality friendlies as it is. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
TT football fraternity is their own worst enemy,they are always shooting themselves in the foot.Sometimes I feel that we cannot even organise a "pissup in ah brewry",we have so much natural ability but we cyah find a solution make that into success.We are always on the backfoot hoping and dreaming. :( :( :(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2009, 05:14:06 AM »
Watching Grenada against the U.S. was harsh on the eyes; they looked totally out of depth.  We need to really set the bar high.  Qualification for these tournaments should be a must.  Pacho should have been let go IMMEDIATELY after failing to qualify the team for the Gold Cup.  We could have really used this tournament to blood a few players and really get things going for the remaining qualfying games.  Not being there certainly does not help our football, especially as we don't play enough quality friendlies as it is. 

That was already too late..... :'(

TT football fraternity is their own worst enemy,they are always shooting themselves in the foot.Sometimes I feel that we cannot even organise a "pissup in ah brewry",we have so much natural ability but we cyah find a solution make that into success.We are always on the backfoot hoping and dreaming. :( :( :(

Nah, I prefer "cyar organise a drink in rumshop".... ;D (btw who is de "we" yuh referring to??.. ???)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2009, 06:33:24 AM »
overall consensus seems to be that we needed these GC games to bleed the youth for the WCQ .... but we actually give the same youth a run out in the Gold Cup Qualifiers and World Cup Qualifiers .... and that is why we had to go back to the Veterans in the last few games.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »
Frico...I want to inject a lil something here.

Forget about population size etc...Holland is a big side with 16.5 million in pop and costa rica making world cup every 4 years and making second rounds and holding they own against side like Brazil etc.

There are exceptions to every rule and everything is relative.

Is only 11 men could play and is only 18 on the roster so what essentially you looking for is 18 to 30 of the best athletes possible to rep the nation and hope you get it right at game time.

A larger population means they have more to choose from but it does not mean the quality good.

You are correct in that TT football stagnated and we doing something wrong.

But to say we should be on par with the US and we have the most skillful players in concacaf...dat ent true. Longer football culture...dat ent true neither..check and see when USA make they first world cup appearance...Watch when they had they NASL...where the best Trinis at the time went and play.

What you basing your most skillful players arguement on breds?

Watch where our players plying their trade and compare it to other teams...we getting dwarfed in that dept. Down to Canada have more ballers in bigger teams than us.

Yuh cyar talk bout sharing beat...beacuse we ent doing that and in fact we does collect more rip than we share. It have men from every nation sharing beat and looking good....besides beat ent doing nuttin if yuh lorse the ball right after....a la Keon Daniel.

Yuh talking bout first touch and trapping and basics?....we 3rd-4th in that dept behind USA, Mex and all the other central american countries...we cyar run no pretty small touch knock like them.

Dwarika, Lewis, Marcelle, Wise, Latapy, Hardest...dem was skill men...and dat era GONE.

We not putting in the hard work, we not playing no friendly games, we not selecting the correct players for whatever reason and we dont have the belly or badmind in us to say 4k dat and get on with it when we step on the field.....dais why we in the position we in.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2009, 07:24:32 AM »
Is ah sad state of affairs when Americans hitting us spanner and back heel in Qualification matches!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2009, 07:37:19 AM »
If a trawler fishing in a pond and a trawler fishing in the atlantic, who you think will have the edge?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:21 AM »
If a trawler fishing in a pond and a trawler fishing in the atlantic, who you think will have the edge?

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea - Eric Cantona

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »
JA - TICOS 0-0
Red Card - Austin
Stupid foul - Ignornat ass
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2009, 05:43:39 PM »
JA playing decent ball.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »
JA playing decent ball.

where allyuh seeing dis. it supposed to be on telefutura but they showing michael jackson thing.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
Goltv

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
thanks. i gone!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2009, 06:10:25 PM »
Brownsugar,ah hope yuh dont mind me saying 'we',after all these years in England ah still feel Trini to de bone.
Sometimes I use the words "mate" and "blokes",my language may have changed but when ah say we ah mean T&T.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »
Another quality cross leads to a CR goal ... suprise :devil:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »
whatever happened to ordandi lowe
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2009, 06:56:21 PM »
whatever happened to ordandi lowe

He in Rikers Island just where he belongs.

Costa Rica score (C. Borges 64).

Where is RF and Jamaica2099. All of a sudden they gone.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>