April 25, 2024, 02:40:28 AM

Author Topic: Ramnarine suffering financial woes again - boxing  (Read 967 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Ramnarine suffering financial woes again - boxing
« on: July 16, 2009, 07:15:51 AM »
Fight on despite lack of funding
KEVIN SUNICH
Published: 16 Jul 2009

“Ria Ramnarine will take to the ring at the Central Regional Indoor Sport Arena (Chaguanas) on July 31, even if it has to be a one bout card.” This according to her promoter Boxu Potts. He said Ramnarine has positioned herself to get a crack at the WBA and WBC titles, and nothing is going to prevent her from going after them.
The card was expected to have four bouts with the Ramnarine versus Ana Fernandez of Venezuela clash for the WBA 105lbs Interim World title, being the main event.
However Potts indicated at a press conference on Wednesday at Sweet Lime restaurant on Ariapita Avenue in Woodbrook, that they have not received any funding from the government, since the T&T Boxing Board has not given any recommendation to the Ministry of Sport, for the fight.
Meanwhile Ramnarine who is preparing for the clash, said the lack of funding for her fights seem to be getting to her. “It’s not easy preparing for a fight, when you don’t have the funding to prepare properly, and then there’s the added stress of having to think about whether the fight will come off as a result of the lack of funding,” said the flyweight champ.
She said the whole situation gets to her and sometimes she feels like throwing in the towel, however, she cannot disappoint her supporters. “I encourage a lot of young people to persevere with whatever they are trying to attain in life, and it would paint a bad picture of me if I am to quit the sport.” said Ramnarine.
Despite everything she has had to put up with, Ramnarine said she is in good shape and is confident that she will be able to come away with a victory over Fernandez when they meet.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>