4 (14.8%)
Talent
1 (3.7%)
Style of Play(tactics?)
14 (51.9%)
Other
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Clyde Leon over Birchall?  (Read 6366 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Clyde Leon over Birchall?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 08:58:35 AM »
TI, yuh is ah big leon fan so u will always have an excuse for him...anyway, i play against leon in intercol/youth leagues and back then he was a very solid player, he looks way out of league for the natl team but intercol is not WCQ so that might be the obvious reason.  However, i think the main reason he may be on the team is a work ethic, he will put out every ounce of his ability for his team.  The question is, is there anyone else out there who can do a better job?

hyland i bet yuh i guess he in latas dog house also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
a man ball when Birchall come on "he was chasing more than possessing and passing, watch the last 15 mins again and you will see "

Allyuh does really watch and understand football boy?
The whole side play shite in the last 15, but you putting it on him. Way boy, it really eh make sense sometimes nah
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 09:08:09 AM »
Yeah, in dat las match Leon look more lorse on de pitch dan a chile in a brothel....

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 09:19:20 AM »
Latapy likes players to keep the ball and obviously he thinks Birch is more a CDM who will just pump the ball and possibly lose it more than the others.... which Birchy does sometimes but NO f**kING WAY SHOULD LEON BENCH BIRCHALL

If it was Hyland or Spann alongside Noel I could understand it but no way like a like player...Leon is no playmaker...he is a workhorse like Birchy but Birchy is the better workhorse...it was quite baffling

Also I expect Birchy to start every game from here one available and fit... Latapy's intentions seem to lean towards starting Birchy away and I think he will be needed vs USA and Mexico at home from the get go

Birchall to me has to start alongside either Noel/Dwight/Hyland...not the other way around

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
Latapy likes players to keep the ball and obviously he thinks Birch is more a CDM who will just pump the ball and possibly lose it more than the others.... which Birchy does sometimes but NO f**kING WAY SHOULD LEON BENCH BIRCHALL

If it was Hyland or Spann alongside Noel I could understand it but no way like a like player...Leon is no playmaker...he is a workhorse like Birchy but Birchy is the better workhorse...it was quite baffling

Also I expect Birchy to start every game from here one available and fit... Latapy's intentions seem to lean towards starting Birchy away and I think he will be needed vs USA and Mexico at home from the get go

Birchall to me has to start alongside either Noel/Dwight/Hyland...not the other way around

you still want that old horse to start eh .... he eh in preseason he eh with no club ... but he could make bench
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »

you still want that old horse to start eh .... he eh in preseason he eh with no club ... but he could make bench

that old horse came on an provided some much needed experience that we will need for 90 minutes for 4 games in a row... And he knows that so expect him to be playing very soon... his 20 minute cameo was better than Leon's 60 minutes

Dwight will be a key player in our quest

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 09:43:57 AM »
Latas playing men on current form for club, Birchall benching so he not considered to start.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »
Latas playing men on current form for club, Birchall benching so he not considered to start.
Dennis starting at Club Med?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
Birchall had a slight injury and wasn't risked as a starter.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »
I can't understand the hype peeps have over this Birchall guy,i mean Beenie was able to use him to maximum effect through the last WC and the role he played was picture perfect for him,it seems others don't seem to be able to use him in that way,since the last WC he has not been able to consistently hold a starting position on any team at all may be besides our national team,he has not played much Football at any level i can't understand why is that,why are we blaming Latas for not starting him when a lot of other Coaches seeing the same things,his present team does the same thing,the little i know of Latas and the type of Football he likes to play Birchall will have problems,always remember is not what we see and want,that decision lies with the Coach and what type of game he wants the team to play.I personall think Latas gambled with Clyde Leon,it paid off because he won and that's what matters,just like Tinto and all the others,as a Coach you have to take chances,i like how he did his thing he have to be himself and let the chips fall where they may,just be prepared for the critiques.  

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
it pay off cuz we win? what kinda uneducated statement is that. so if my grandmoms was there and we win too that mean it was d right decision to play her? leon was garbage plain and simple
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 10:57:53 AM »
Neither...Hyland. Birchall is not beckham like some of yall making out to be, and Leon has no imagination.   Hyland is better than both of them but will need some discipline to stay in defend rather than run forward too much.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:59:55 AM by Babalawo »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
i remember i call for leon a long time ago b4 any of these men was even talking about him, in fact leon played very well in japan under wim as well... latas wants to play a possession game, birchall doesnt have that skill, leon does and it will get even better with more caps, i also remember when i said tt naturally has always played a similar attacking brand of football to brazil, man cuss, when latas come on and say the same bloody ting, all the talk done, man shut dey mouth, this board full of fellahs who head hard and dense like board...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »
and also, guerra is a much better player than hyland, hyland get the push for reasons outside football, guerra belong more on the side than hyland, hyland is overrated by the same fellahs who does call for scotland that intl shithound, over glen, who scored our only goal las nite...

like i said years ago, you cant play scotland and jones, they are cut from the same mould, you need the contrast and that winning contrast is playing glen or even roberts...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »
and also, guerra is a much better player than hyland, hyland get the push for reasons outside football, guerra belong more on the side than hyland, hyland is overrated by the same fellahs who does call for scotland that intl shithound, over glen, who scored our only goal las nite...

like i said years ago, you cant play scotland and jones, they are cut from the same mould, you need the contrast and that winning contrast is playing glen or even roberts...

Sometimes it not who good or who better than who. Is how they fit into the coaches plans.

In a 4-4-2 Guerra does not have enough scoring prowess to play withdrwn striker at this level YET.

He can't replace our current wingers unless he better than K Daniel, Tinto or Carlos.

As a creative mid is his defensive ability  a liability? Maybe Hyland fits in better as a CM  and is therefore more versatile.

If Colin Samuel or Jaggy claims the left wide position down the road he will have to compete with K Daniel, and possibly Whitley for that spot. I don't think he can compete there quite there yet. In time maybe.

I  have not seen him play live eh, just on video a few times so I  just speculating.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »
Clyde Leon did not play a bad game last night as some of yall said. IMO he put in a good shift last night. Most if not all of us here do not know more about the game of football than Latas. We do not know why Birchall started, maybe bcuz he's hurt as someone said earlier, maybe bcuz he was looking shaky in practice or maybe bcuz of tactics...we jus see the startin line up and criticize. we dont know what goin on in training....so let's just wait and c what happens for the next game
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Dennis starting at Club Med?

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
leon and noel linked up well in the mid together, when birchall came in we are on our backfoot. like i said before, there are many players locally who can do birchall's job and pass much better. birchall is better coming off the bench than starting.

noel played well last night with leon beside him, yorke days numbered as the holding mid...

cOSIGN

Birch give a rush of pressure n the second half. So when de oppostion think they have us on the back. We apply de turnakit.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »
Neither...Hyland. Birchall is not beckham like some of yall making out to be, and Leon has no imagination.   Hyland is better than both of them but will need some discipline to stay in defend rather than run forward too much.

Yeah but Hyland is more akin to Lampard than a Hargreaves these days. He is the complete midfielder so he will fight up with Trent moreso than with Leon for a spot.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »
Leon is still yet to impress me..Birchall is a better player (same with Hyland)...some men in here just Leon fans..I can point out gmes where Birchall was the stand out player for T&T..cant do the same with Leon...and what part of Leon game is really better than Birchall ?? lol..alyuh dont start with this shit yes..

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
Birchall was injured and not fit enough to last 90
:applause: :applause:

and the award goes to.....
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>