April 28, 2024, 11:49:05 AM

Author Topic: Bradford Park Avenue to field strong side against T&T U-20s  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bradford Park Avenue to field strong side against T&T U-20s
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »
Sinnott to field strong side against tourists
By Ian Whiting (Telegraph & Argus)

Bradford Park Avenue have to wait until Bank Holiday Monday for league action but host Trinidad & Tobago’s under-20 World Cup side tomorrow night in a friendly at Horsfall Stadium.

Bradford boss Lee Sinnott said: “I haven’t seen them play but I understand they are a very strong side and they must be packed with talent to be representing their country in the World Cup.

“I intend to use this as a full first team game because it will keep my players sharp for our game against North Ferriby United on Monday.

“The bonus is that I can use several substitutions so if I need to bring players off for a rest then I have that option.

“Playing an international side, even a youthful one, is very much an unknown commodity for all of us here at Avenue. I’m glad we could accommodate them, because we have a blank Saturday, and we are all looking forward to an experience we may never get the chance to repeat.”

The tourists beat a Sheffield United XI 2-1 at Brammall Lane earlier in the week.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford Park Avenue to field strong side against T&T U-20s
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
I probably wrong to say this but
Bradford Park Avenue and North Ferriby United ??

Who?

Them sounding like video game names.

Say what, a game against a full first side is good preparation regardless.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
Bradford Park Avenue is a very old club with real history

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »
Under 20s face Bradford Avenue in second friendly.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago ’s National Under 20 footballers will look to continue their winning ways when they face Bradford Park Avenue in a friendly encounter at Horsfall Stadium on Friday evening.

The Zoran Vranes-coached team will have their final run out on English soil before heading off to Turkey on Monday where they will face Cameroon, Costa Rica and United Arab Emirates in further friendly internationals.

Bradford boss Lee Sinnott, a former Port Vale manager and ex-Watford and Crystal Palace defender,  said he was looking forward to Friday’s fixture against the Caribbean visitors.

“I haven’t seen them play but I understand they are a very strong side and they must be packed with talent to be representing their country in the World Cup.

“I intend to use this as a full first team game because it will keep my players sharp for our game against North Ferriby United on Monday.

“The bonus is that I can use several substitutions so if I need to bring players off for a rest then I have that option.

“Playing an international side, even a youthful one, is very much an unknown commodity for all of us here at Avenue. I’m glad we could accommodate them, because we have a blank Saturday, and we are all looking forward to an experience we may never get the chance to repeat,” said Sinnott. Bradford currently play in the Northern Premier League’s Premier Division.

Meantime T&T captain Leston Paul, reflecting on Wednesday’s 2-1 win over a Sheffield United XI, was maintaining a level head, noting that the remaining fixtures would mean much more to the team’s preparations.

“It was a good way to start the tour off but we have much more games which will be even tougher before we get to Egypt ,” Paul told TTFF Media.

“We haven’t been starting tours or matches too well in the past so it felt good to get the early goal and hold on for the victory. We were unlucky not to score a couple more. Overall I was happy with the win. We will try to win again on Friday and then all the boys are looking forward to see the Man U/Arsenal game on Saturday. After that it will be back to some serious hard work again in Turkey ,” Paul added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »
Bradford Park Avenue is a very old club with real history

history maybe, talent no

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »
I is a real ball jumbie and I never heard of bradford park avenue. I confused. I thought that was the street where the stadium is situated. I still waiting for the name of the team. Look, play Man u and chelsea yutes.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
dem is the pro evolution soccer 2010 names for manchester united and chelsea reserves.

Offline tag

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »
Bradford Park Avenue 2-1 SocaWarriors
Bett,Gibson                      ?        ht 2-1
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:10:10 PM by tag »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »
Molino scored... apparently we used a different starting line up which was expected

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »
Molino scored... apparently we used a different starting line up which was expected

Gr8 keep d updates comin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »
Bett,Gibson                      ?        ht 2-1
where are yu getting your info?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »
Bradford Association Football Club (always referred to as Bradford Park Avenue) is a football club based in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. The club's name comes from its old stadium at Horton Park Avenue in Bradford, which was designed by Archibald Leitch.

The present club claims descent from the organisation of the same name that was a former member of the Football League and which went into liquidation in 1974. The new entity, established in 1988, is currently in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, and plays its home matches at the Horsfall Athletics Stadium, which has a capacity of 5,000.

Bradford Park Avenue 
Full name Bradford Park Avenue Association Football Club
Nickname(s) The Avenue, BPA, The Stans
Founded 1863
Ground Horsfall Stadium
(Capacity: 5,000 (1750) Seated)
Chairman  Dr John Dean
Manager  Lee Sinnott
League Northern Premier League Premier Division
2008–09 NPL Premier Division, 7th

Current Squad
As of 21 August 2009.

GK Steve Dickinson
  GK Dermot McMurray
  DF Martin Drury
  DF Tom Birch
  DF Stephen Downes
  DF Jamie Price
  DF Andy Salm
  DF Chris Stabb
  DF Simon Ainge
  MF Amjad Iqbal   from Pakistan
  MF Jonathan Groome
  MF Simon Baldry
  MF Rob O'Brien
  MF Luke Gibson
  MF James Knowles
  MF Matthew James
  MF Roy Stamer   from Grmany
  FW Aiden Savory
  FW Mark Bett
  FW Jordan Missin
  FW Andy Campbell
  FW Chris Hall
 All the players are from England except for two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Park_Avenue
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:41:33 PM by triniairman »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
What's the latest on the score?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »
What's the latest on the score?

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tag

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 02:35:07 AM »
Bett,Gibson                      Molino

Full time

a few pictures  http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Johnrhodes01/TrinidadAndTobago

and a link to Bradford Park Avenue FC forum  http://bradfordparkavenwho.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx

Avenue 2 Trinidad & Tobago U20s 1

The young Trinidad & Tobago squad heading into the Under-20s World Cup in Switzerland lost the second of their warm-up games in England when Bradford Park Avenue earned a narrow victory over them at Horsfall Stadium last night.

The Bradford club was asked to host one of the friendlies for the national side of the Caribbean Islanders and they came out of the game with heads held high.

They broke the deadlock through Mark Bett but were pegged back before Luke Gibson scored the winner.

Avenue director and spokesman Kevin Hainsworth said: “It was a very good result for the club even though it was a friendly fixture.

"There were no league points on offer or cup progression to play for but it was a game we were delighted to host.

“The first half was a superb display, from both sides. After the break the game was a little disjointed but that was expected because both managers wanted to use substitutions to get players time on the pitch.”

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:33:59 AM by tag »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 04:51:36 AM »
they should have won this game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 08:13:53 AM »

Full time

and a link to Bradford Park Avenue FC forum  http://bradfordparkavenwho.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx

The young Trinidad & Tobago squad heading into the Under-20s World Cup in Switzerland lost the second of their warm-up games in England when Bradford Park Avenue earned a narrow victory over them at Horsfall Stadium last night.

The Bradford club was asked to host one of the friendlies for the national side of the Caribbean Islanders and they came out of the game with heads held high.

They broke the deadlock through Mark Bett but were pegged back before Luke Gibson scored the winner.

Avenue director and spokesman Kevin Hainsworth said: “It was a very good result for the club even though it was a friendly fixture.

"There were no league points on offer or cup progression to play for but it was a game we were delighted to host.

“The first half was a superb display, from both sides. After the break the game was a little disjointed but that was expected because both managers wanted to use substitutions to get players time on the pitch.

Lost our second game ?? that is news to me. I thought we beat Sheffield United...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »

Full time

“The first half was a superb display, from both sides. After the break the game was a little disjointed but that was expected because both managers wanted to use substitutions to get players time on the pitch.

Lost our second game ?? that is news to me. I thought we beat Sheffield United...

Dey accustom to we gettin beat so dey write d story b4 FT.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »
Did Shahdon Winchester go to England with the under 20 team ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
Did Shahdon Winchester go to England with the under 20 team ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO he wit W

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »

Full time

Won the first of our games. Lost the second. They right.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »

My bad... !!!!  :rotfl:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »

Fella dat comprehension misque eh acceptable eh, nex time yuh will take yuh rightful place as a DJ 2009 award nominee.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »

You just got nominated for the DJ 2009 Award  :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>