April 19, 2024, 12:47:18 AM

Author Topic: 2009/2010 NFL Season  (Read 7998 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:55:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: 2009/2010 NFL Season
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:02:08 PM »
As a EAGLES FAN I must say that he is welcomed in Philly. He has always been one of my favorite QB's and now my team has all the pieces in place to go all the way.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:49:10 AM »
I was never ah Eagles fan but I one now, i hope vick makes the best of this second chance because some ppl are only waiting for him to make one mistake.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »
honestly de man get ah raw deal.he deserve ah second chance.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:44 PM »
Yuh think Anslem Douglas will get a bligh in Eagles stadium? ;D
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:35:01 AM »
Bengals rookie Smith breaks foot in practiceAssociated Press

CINCINNATI (AP) - Rookie right tackle Andre Smith broke his left foot during practice Tuesday, only two days after he ended his holdout with the Cincinnati Bengals.
The first-round pick sustained a small fracture in the foot during a non-contact drill in his third workout since signing his deal, another major setback to his chances of winning the starting job this season.

"Our medical staff tells me the injury will not require surgery," coach Marvin Lewis said. "It's too soon to closely predict how long it will be before he can return to practice, but it looks like he's going to miss a few weeks."

The Bengals took Smith with the sixth overall pick, expecting him to start at right tackle.

A long contract impasse forced him to miss training camp and the first three preseason games. He agreed to a four-year deal that includes $21 million guaranteed on Sunday and worked out with the team later in the day, hoping to play in the final preseason game Thursday against Indianapolis.

Now, the Bengals will keep second-year lineman Anthony Collins at right tackle. Collins was a fourth-round draft pick last year and started six games at right tackle because of injuries.

The line has undergone an overhaul in the offseason. The Bengals made changes at center and at both tackle positions, hoping to upgrade an offense that finished last in the league in 2008.

The priority is protecting quarterback Carson Palmer, who was hit often last year. He broke his nose in the preseason, and tore a ligament and a tendon in his passing elbow during the regular season, forcing him to miss a dozen games.

Palmer suffered a moderate sprain in his left ankle during the first preseason game this year, and has missed the last two. He took snaps with the starting offense on Tuesday for the first time since he got hurt.

"He looked remarkably improved," Lewis said. "He looked pretty good. He was moving better."

Palmer would like to play in the final preseason game; Lewis will make a decision shortly before the start.

"We're going to play out what's best for Carson as we go forward," Lewis said. "It was good to see him get back and involved in the things we'll do today and tomorrow, and then when we start next week. The goal is to have him ready to go full-speed by Monday."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 08:26:16 AM »
was in Buffalo last nite.. dem people real into the whole owens ting boi!

Go San Fran!

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »
was in Buffalo last nite.. dem people real into the whole owens ting boi!

Go San Fran!

What else is there to do in Buffalo?

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »
Vicks deserves a chance to make a living after serving time and I am proud of the Eagles were the team that gave him an opportunity to play again. ! There are people who kill people who served time or didn't serve time being embraced and still able to make a living. Oh yeah, how many black people out there protesting this opportunity given to him. I love animals but it seems more people care about animals than children.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »
Polamalu exits Steelers opener with knee injuryAssociated Press

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu injured his left knee late in the first half against Tennessee on Thursday night and was ruled out for the rest of the game.

Mike Tomlin said that the initial diagnosis on the Polamalu injury is knee injury.

"It's an MCL sprain. The [doctors] are reading the scans and so forth. Those things have a range of three to six [weeks to heal], but it's speculation at this point," Tomlin said.

Tomlin also acknowledged there is the possibility the injury could be worse after further testing.

"I'm sure there is a possibility of it [being worse], but I don't have any concrete evidence that there is anything more than that," he said.

Polamalu was injured when a Titans player fell on him as Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith blocked a 31-yard field goal attempt by Rod Bironas with about three minutes left in the half. Polamalu was attempting to pick up the ball.

As he was leaving the sideline, he appeared to gesture as if the injury was not serious.

Before getting hurt, Polamalu made a one-handed interception and led both teams in tackles with six.

A two-time All-Pro safety, Polamalu was chosen for the past five Pro Bowls. He is considered one of the NFL's premier defensive players.

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »
Madden cover jinx strikes again!

giggsy11

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Lord Iggles win, Mc Nabb hurt already!

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Lets go EAGLES.

Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
small ting man,only ah cracked rib. ???

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »
9ers won  :beermug:

Singletary seems to be either stubborn or sticking to his game plan. Still wondering why they ran the ball all 3 downs near the dregs when they needed a 1st down deep on their own goal line. Could have cost them the game.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »
How de arse Buffalo lorse that game against New England?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
Herschel Walker starting out new career in MMAAssociated Press

allyuh remember this guy

NEW YORK (AP) - Herschel Walker is starting a new career in mixed martial arts.

The 47-year-old former NFL running back said Monday that he has signed a multi-fight contract with promoter Strikeforce. Walker will begin a 12-week training camp next month in San Jose, Calif., with the American Kickboxing Academy.

Herschel Walker better get used to competing without pads (MANDEL NGAN / Getty Images)

The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner already holds a fifth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

"I've been training for several years," Walker said in a statement. "I would play college football games on Saturday and then compete in martial arts tournaments on Sunday after church I'm now looking forward to opening up another chapter in my life and to competing in MMA."

In 12 NFL seasons — playing for the Cowboys, Vikings, Eagles and Giants — he made the Pro Bowl twice.

Walker has already had athletic success outside of football, making the two-man bobsled team at 1992 Winter Olympics. He finished seventh.

"I flew to L.A. last month to watch Herschel train and was surprised to see his advanced wrestling and striking abilities," Strikeforce founder and CEO Scott Coker said in a statement. "He's got work ahead of him, but he's committed to training at one of the most notable gyms in the sport of MMA so it will be very interesting to watch him progress."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
just read plax get sentenced to 2 years in prison.anyway,he go still be young enough fuh ah comeback.

giggsy11

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »
just read plax get sentenced to 2 years in prison.anyway,he go still be young enough fuh ah comeback.

I bet he is not coming back!

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »
PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Bloghead
The Latest And Breaking Eagles News

September 23, 2009 | Last Updated: 9/23/2009 2:15 PM ET

Vick On Wildcat, Working In The Community
Michael Vick was a guest in studio with Dave Spadaro on today's Eagles Live! Vick discussed a lot of topics, including how he expects to contribute to the Eagles this season, how he's been embraced by the Philadelphia community and being the original Wildcat quarterback.

On his involvement in the community so far: "I think being part of the community and speaking out and trying to be an instrument for change is helping. I think my message to kids would be, to be responsible for your actions. You only have one chance in life to make a first impression. Make good decisions, make good judgments."

On his feelings on Philadelphia: "Philadelphia's a great city. I've really been embraced everywhere I've been. People in the community accept me with open arms. It's just a remarkable feeling going through what I've been through the last two years."

On how he feels physically: "Football wise, I think I'm about 85 to 90 percent. I feel like I got my legs back. I've been doing everything I've needed to do in the training room to make sure that I can get back to 100 percent and I can go out and give this football team my all."

On if he feels comfortable in the wildcat: "Well like I tell everybody I was the wildcat originally. In 2006, that was the reason I ran for 1,000 yards and had the opportunity to break that record and reach that milestone. It was something that (Falcons' offensive coordinator at the time) Greg Knapp had studied in the off-season. He did a great job of implementing it into our game plan and it worked out. … You can't just be one-dimensional in the wildcat. I think you want to create that balance for the opposition not to know exactly what you're going to do."

On people who say he's not truly remorseful for his actions: "I'm the only person that has to lay down at night thinking about my actions and why I did it and beat myself up over it. It's tough, so much transpired because of that. I should have been cognizant of my surroundings, I should have been conscious of what I was doing. I should have understood that what I was doing was wrong."

On the perception that he wants to take Donovan McNabb's job: "I'm not here to take Donovan's job. That was never my intent. I'm here to learn from Donovan, I'm here to watch him every day. Don is a great guy. We had a great relationship before I came to Philadelphia …My job is to back up him and Kevin, and play my role."

On watching Randall Cunningham as a kid: "I remember watching Randall and trying to emulate everything he did. … I used to go out in the back yard and pretend to be Randall Cunningham and Steve Young. Tried to run like him and do all the things that he did, I can't wait to touch base with him."

Posted by Bo Wulf, 1:10 p.m., September 23

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Players: Eagles Super Bowl Bound?

In a recent survey of all NFL players by Sports Illustrated, players from around the league chose the Eagles as the third-most likely team to win the Super Bowl. The Eagles received nine percent of the vote, the highest of an NFC team. The New England Patriots topped the poll with 29 percent, followed by the Pittsburgh Steelers at 21 percent.

291 players were surveyed, and they could not vote for their own team, and the poll was completed before week two's games. The Baltimore Ravens (five percent) and New York Giants (five percent) rounded out the top five.

-- Posted by Bo Wulf, 10:43 a.m., September 22

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:02:03 PM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 04:06:33 PM »
some amazing stats last weekend:

Manning had the ball for just 14:53 and won — the lowest time of possession by a winning team since the NFL began keeping track of that stat in 1977.

And the Raiders won with a pass completion rate of only 7/24 (29%) and also a pretty low time of possession, 21:21

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »
good and bad fuh NY NFL.jets lose to new orleans and eli hurt in G men win.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »
Game Start
Will Favre's Magic continue tonite?
dat man have horse shoes oui

Game Center
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009100500/2009/REG4/packers@vikings
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:42:08 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:51 PM »
Steelers' Polamalu likely to practice WednesdayAssociated Press

PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pittsburgh Steelers might not have to wonder any longer how much better they would be if they had star safety Troy Polamalu.

Polamalu is expected to practice on a limited basis Wednesday for the first time since tearing the medial collateral ligament in his left knee Sept. 10 against Tennessee — an injury that potentially could have sidelined him until midseason.

Polamalu, a five-time Pro Bowl player, will wear a brace on the knee. He must show the Steelers' medical staff that he can stop and start and change directions before he plays again, but he has not been ruled out of Sunday's game at Detroit.

So far, Polamalu has missed three games, or the minimum amount expected after Titans tight end Alge Crumpler fell on his knee during a blocked field goal attempt.

"Troy's been doing well and progressing well," coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. "Last week, he ran some in a straight line to pretty solid reviews. We'll take another step to see where he is. ... We'll get him back out there on the practice field and see how he responds to that."

The Steelers (2-2) already know how they've responded without Polamalu, and that's not very well.

Their defense, No. 1 in the NFL a year ago, allowed the Bears and Bengals to mount lengthy scoring drives that resulted in last-minute victories during the first two games Polamalu missed. Polamalu's replacement, Tyrone Carter, was in coverage during both of Chicago's touchdown drives.

On Sunday, the Steelers led 28-0 against San Diego, then had to withstand a 21-point Chargers fourth quarter to win 38-28. Chargers tight end Antonio Gates took advantage of Polamalu's absence to catch touchdown passes of 3 and 30 yards.

Asked whether Polamalu's absence made a difference during San Diego's comeback, Tomlin said, "I'm not going to dispute that, but at the same time I'm not going to use that as an excuse."

Still, the evidence is everywhere that the Steelers badly miss Polamalu, his versatility and his ability to take away the middle of the field from opposing offenses.

While winning the Super Bowl last season, the Steelers outscored opponents 104-75 in the fourth quarter; this season, they've been outscored 48-13. They've allowed only 30 points in the other three quarters.

They also have eight sacks through four games, compared to 15 a year ago.

A season ago, the Steelers had the NFL's best pass defense; now they're in the middle of the pack at No. 15, allowing 218.2 yards per game. The average was 156.9 last season.

As much as they miss Polamalu, the Steelers know they can't rush him back and risk a more serious injury that could put him out for the season. While they won't say so, they certainly expect to be able to beat Detroit (1-3) on the road and Cleveland (0-4) at home the next two weeks - whether Polamalu plays or not.

What they don't expect is to be able to play like they did Sunday against San Diego and still win.

"Guys have got to do what they're supposed to do," nose tackle Casey Hampton said. "The plays are being called and guys just aren't getting it done. You can't point your finger at anyone, we're just not getting it done. That's uncharacteristic of us."

Maybe it's because they're out of character without Polamalu involved in their blitzing schemes. The Steelers aren't blitzing nearly as often or as effectively, and that might be where his absence affects them most.

"We've got to do a better job of making him (the quarterback) hold it a little longer," Tomlin said.

Running back Willie Parker (left toe injury) may be held out of practice Wednesday, as might safety Ryan Clark (strained lower back), linebacker Andre Frazier (sprained right shoulder), and left guard Chris Kemoeatu (sore left ankle). Tight end David Johnson (high ankle sprain) should return.

Tomlin hasn't decided how the carries will be divided between Rashard Mendenhall and Parker once Parker returns. Mendenhall ran for 165 yards and two touchdowns against San Diego.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »
hear nuh
Favre was sumting else last night :o
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
Manning out 2nd day in a row
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - With 79 career starts, David Carr knows how much Eli Manning wants to be on the field calling the plays when the New York Giants meet the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Manning's teammates say he's a competitor who will play if he's able. Carr wants to be out there just as much, and his chances of playing this weekend seemingly improved when Manning missed his second straight practice on Thursday with an injured right heel.

After practice, coach Tom Coughlin declined to predict whether Manning would be able to start his 83rd straight game, saying only that that inflammation in Manning's heel was feeling better.

A decision on whether Manning plays may not be made until Sunday.

The No. 1 overall draft pick in 2002, Carr isn't worried. He told himself that he was going to be the starter after Manning was hurt last Sunday in a win over Kansas City, and the worst that can happen is he doesn't.

"You have to prepare yourself one way or you are going to be riding a rollercoaster all week," said Carr, who last started a game in 2007 for the Carolina Panthers. He was 10 for 22 for 95 yards passing and two interceptions in a loss to New Orleans.

He came to the Giants as Manning's backup last season and has been mostly an understudy. He appeared in three games last season and two this year, all off the bench.

"I am sure he wants to play really bad, probably as bad as I want to play," Carr said of Manning. "It's the same for every competitor, every guy who wants to be on the field. Everybody gets hurt. We're down a lot of guys now and I think everyone on the side wants to be out there to help the team."

Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride has no doubts about Carr. He said the eight-year veteran knows the Giants offense, but he might not be as familiar with some of its subtleties as Manning, who has been the starting quarterback since midway through the 2004 season.

"I expect him to do well," Gilbride said. "I would be disappointed if he doesn't play well."

Gilbride said the biggest difference is that he and Manning are on the same page after working together the past six years. He said he can look at Manning and the quarterback can almost immediately sense what is wrong and go back on the field and act like a coach in the huddle, conveying Gilbride's concerns to the offense.

Carr's most extensive play with the Giants came in the final regular-season game last year. He took over in the second half against Minnesota and was 8 for 11 for 110 yards and a touchdown.

"It's got to be frustrating for a guy that started to just be on the sidelines, and now he has a chance," Gilbride said. "So I think if I was him, and what I have observed looking at him, he seems genuinely excited about this opportunity."

For the first two days of practice, Carr has gotten the chance to throw to Steve Smith and Mario Manningham, to hand off to Brandon Jacobs and to play behind a first-team offensive line that has started 36 straight games.

"It's nice to play with the toys," Carr said. "Sometimes you feel like the brother who doesn't get to play with all he cool stuff."

Carr admits he has come a long way since his rookie season with the Houston Texans, when he was sacked 76 times, an NFL record.

"It's not even close for me mentally," Carr said. "I feel like a totally different quarterback as far as what to expect, my preparations, how I go about the game is a whole lot different than then. I guess it's what you learn going through the things I have gone through, except I'm a better player."

He also has a solid offensive line, so there is no need to duck and cover after every pass.

"If my number is called I will go out there and have lot of fun," Carr said. "We have a lot of great players on this team. We are on a win streak. Guys are feeling good and I want to be a part of it. It was good to get out there and throw some ball with those guys and sweat. It kind of felt like the old days."

The difference from his days in Houston, of course, is that if Carr starts for the 4-0 Giants, he'll be expected to win.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »
Eli back from heel injury, likely to start vs. RaidersAssociated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning returned to practice Friday and showed no ill effects of the injured right heel that kept him out the previous two days.

Yet the team is still being cautious about his status for Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders.

Manning is listed as questionable and coach Tom Coughlin said it will more than likely be a game-time decision whether he will play.

"If the medical people think he can play, then he will play," Coughlin said. "We'll evaluate him every day. I know he wants to play in the worst way, but we're not going to go against the medical people. We're not going to pencil him in and say he's playing."

Coughlin said that he was "encouraged" by the way Manning looked at practice.

"He did fine," Coughlin said. "You want someone who can make the exchanges on handoffs and drop back to plant and throw. He did all of that. He'll get some treatment, both here and at home and we'll see how he is (Saturday) when he comes in. If he makes some progress, then I see no reason as to why he won't play."

At the start of Friday's practice, Manning did the regular calisthenics with the team and at one point was leading sprints, causing one coach to yell, "That a way, Eli."

Although Manning seemed to run a little gingerly, he did the regular stretching and squatting with no problem.

When practice began, reserve David Carr took the first five snaps with the starting unit, but was quickly replaced by Manning, giving all indications Manning would be ready to start Sunday. Manning has made 82 consecutive starts.

Manning has been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in his right heel.

He was not available to the media after practice. Team officials said he was receiving medical treatment.

Carr said he watched closely and believes that Manning will be ready Sunday.

"I think he looked fine," Carr said . "He looked good. We'll see how it goes on Sunday. I have to be ready in case he doesn't feel great. It was good to see him out there. He wasn't favoring it and that was a good sign. I watched his dropback to see if he could push off it. I wanted to see if he could do it and he looked fine. I don't want to not be prepared in case I have to go, but I think Eli will go."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 07:55:40 PM »
Giants don't need all of Eli to crush Raiders
After taking the opening snap and making a play-action fake, Eli Manning dropped back, set up with a bounce on his right heel and fired a 9-yard pass to tight end Darcy Johnson. Any concerns about Easy Eli's painful right heel were answered on the first play of his 83rd consecutive start Sunday. Manning threw two scoring passes and led the Giants on touchdown drives on their first four possessions in a 44-7 win over the hapless Oakland Raiders that has New York (5-0) off to its best start since winning the Super Bowl in 1990.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
Brown's late TD run takes Dolphins over Jets
Running back Ronnie Brown scored on a 2-yard keeper up the middle in the wildcat formation with 6 seconds left, and the Miami Dolphins came from behind three times in the fourth quarter to beat the New York Jets 31-27 on Monday night. Newcomer Braylon Edwards gave the Jets a big boost, as did two fake punts. But Miami gained 110 yards with the wildcat, which was instrumental in three scoring drives. Starting from their own 30 with 5:05 left and trailing 27-24, Miami drove 70 yards in 13 plays for the winning score.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 03:32:36 PM »
Saints put up 48 on Giants in blowout
Eli Manning returned to his hometown only to see Drew Brees torch the New York Giants' league-leading defense. Brees ended his two-game streak without a touchdown throw by completing 23 of 30 passes for 369 yards and four scores Sunday, and New Orleans easily remained unbeaten, 48-27. The Giants (5-1) came into the game giving up averages of 210.6 yards and 14.2 points. The Saints (5-0) had 34 points and 315 yards by halftime, as Brees threw three TD passes to reach 100 since the Saints signed him as a free agent in 2006.

1]; } ?>