March 28, 2024, 08:47:27 AM

Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread  (Read 50475 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Because I am Zlatan
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2018, 03:52:55 PM »
Yes today I witnessed the heroics of Messi and Zlatan all within a space of 30 minutes, what a day! Sister Jean will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat tonight to top that.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
Mourinho was on de phone last night asking Zlat to come back.
Two of de nastiest goals boy

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2018, 12:10:24 AM »
The man's 500th goal was simply spectacular, only Zlatan is capable of scoring in that fashion.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »
The man's 500th goal was simply spectacular, only Zlatan is capable of scoring in that fashion.

All I could do was laugh. Only Zlatan
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »

All I could do was laugh. Only Zlatan
ah f**kin spinning heel kick oui :o ;D :D :applause: :applause: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »
Zlatan speaks: makes for a captivating listen and maybe even more intriguing to re-read the thread after having listened to his interview with Steve Crossman.

Zlatan is Football.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:53:02 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2018, 03:45:03 PM »
Zlatan speaks: makes for a captivating listen and maybe even more intriguing to re-read the thread after having listened to his interview with Steve Crossman.

Zlatan is Football.

This is brilliant from Zlatan . . .Great find Seeker.

This should be played for all T&T football people
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »

Zlatan is Football.

People dis geh tie up wid Zlatan. He projects confidence (anathema to many Trinis) but he is an exhibit of humility at the same time. Nuff things to learn, absorb and appreciate.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2018, 08:02:01 PM »

Zlatan is Football.

People dis geh tie up wid Zlatan. He projects confidence (anathema to many Trinis) but he is an exhibit of humility at the same time. Nuff things to learn, absorb and appreciate.
:beermug: I enjoyed it, definitely one of my all time favorite players.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2019, 11:23:22 PM »
Are you not entertained?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2019, 04:06:41 AM »
"I have my confidence and I believe in myself. People call it arrogant, I call it confidence. Ignorant people call it arrogant, intelligent people call it confidence."

"I have a bulletproof mind."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2019, 04:09:30 AM »
“I don’t accept when the ball doesn’t arrive, or arrives too late. I want them to come up to my level.

“All of this makes me slow down a bit. The game here [in America] could be so much faster, so much more tactical, so much more rhythmic.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2019, 04:10:55 AM »
“Of all the places I’ve been in my life as a professional, this is the most difficult,” he said in a recent interview with ESPN. “MLS is not the level of Europe, to be honest. Before, I played with players either on my level or close to it. Which makes the game connect easier.

“Here I am like a Ferrari among Fiats.”

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2019, 09:44:15 AM »
Imagine @ 35 Zlatan telling them that.  One thing about him, he is loaded with entertaining ways of expressing himself. MLS needed a villain and he fits the role perfectly.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
Imagine @ 35 Zlatan telling them that.  One thing about him, he is loaded with entertaining ways of expressing himself. MLS needed a villain and he fits the role perfectly.

He's actually 37.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »

He's actually 37.
Dat make mls look even worse

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2019, 06:50:53 PM »

He's actually 37.

Scorpion, I beg to differ. Not everybody can handle the MLS. Gerrard, Lampard, Drogba and many more never light up the MLS. But Beckham, Zlatan and Bradley Wright-Phillips did well.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2019, 09:07:58 AM »

He's actually 37.

Scorpion, I beg to differ. Not everybody can handle the MLS. Gerrard, Lampard, Drogba and many more never light up the MLS. But Beckham, Zlatan and Bradley Wright-Phillips did well.

All 3 yuh mention either had very little gas left or didn't care that much. David Villa make mas same way and was never really great save for a 2 year stretch. Rooney also doing well and have loads of miles on them legs.  MLS decent and daiz about the size of it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »

He's actually 37.

All 3 yuh mention either had very little gas left or didn't care that much. David Villa make mas same way and was never really great save for a 2 year stretch. Rooney also doing well and have loads of miles on them legs.  MLS decent and daiz about the size of it.

Players at different moments in the careers mentally and physically. Nonetheless, in terms of comparable experiences I think Gignac's work with Tigres in Liga MX and  CONCACAF Champions League is also relevant to the conversation. Zlatan expected more than MLS could offer him but that bargain has also been compensated by cash in the bank.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2020, 10:05:15 AM »
De man scored for AC Milan today....Iron, Lion, Zionlatan

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2020, 10:30:10 AM »
Playing with Ibrahimovic was super frustrating, says ex-LA Galaxy teammate Lletget.
Goal.com.

LA Galaxy midfielder Sebastian Lletget says the atmosphere at the club has improved since Zlatan Ibrahimovic's departure.

The legendary striker spent two seasons with the MLS side before he left to return to AC Milan in January.

The former Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester United forward scored an incredible 53 goals in 58 games for Galaxy, finishing the club's top scorer and Player of the Year in both seasons.

While the 38-year-old's exploits saw him become a fan-favorite in the United States, it seems his teammates were not so fond of him.

Lletget has spoken out about the difficulty of playing alongside Ibrahimovic, admitting that the team's spirit has improved since his departure at the start of the year.

"There’s definitely a better feel around the place for sure,” Lletget said on the latest episode of BSI: The Podcast.

"As far as chemistry, that’s only going to build with time."

He added: "You couldn’t be free. It was super frustrating. You feel like you want to literally take your boots off and just walk off the field.

"It’s tough to play against him and tougher to play with him."

During a clash with local rivals LAFC, while the teams were all square at 3-3 and there were only six minutes left to the game, Ibrahimovic and Lletget stood side by side in a wall to defend a free-kick.

Although nothing came of the set piece, it went viral on social media because Ibrahimovic pushed the midfielder out of the wall, much to Lletget's shock.

"What's funny about that guy, that to me is complete insanity to do that to one of your teammates — complete insanity," he said.

"I was telling him in that play: 'This [opponent] is alone, should I go?' I'm kind of whispering to him and he said: 'No, stay'. Then literally as he's about to kick it, he just shoves me and you can see in the video that I just play it off super cool. Then obviously I wake up the next day and it goes viral.

“it’s one of those moments I think he shows his true colors.”

Playing with Ibrahimovic was super frustrating, says ex-LA Galaxy teammate Lletget

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2020, 05:34:03 PM »
De man scored for AC Milan today....Iron, Lion, Zionlatan

And not sloppy today in the Milan derby. Before the match Christian Vieri was adamant that Ibra would be a factor and that he was ... despite it being his first match back after contracting COVID-19.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 06:43:48 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2020, 05:28:29 AM »
Zlatan's goal being named the best goal in MLS history completes his 'I came, I saw, I conquered'. THE END.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:30:28 PM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 25, 2020, 05:10:42 AM »
Now that the best MLS goal has been decided, have a look at the "best goal" from the NASL, the precursor to the MLS.

George Best, July 22, 1981, pissed off by the referee, feints his way to goal. San Jose Earthquakes vs Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

Q: Was there a Trini on the field/bench?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 05:19:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 25, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »

Only one possibility

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 25, 2020, 12:56:29 PM »

Only one possibility

Agreed. Maybe he will confirm. :)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 25, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »

Only one possibility

He was on the bench, but didn't play. Interestingly, Ray Hudson played and scored in that game. The great Gerd Meuller was also on de field.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 25, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »

Only one possibility

He was on the bench, but didn't play. Interestingly, Ray Hudson played and scored in that game. The great Gerd Meuller was also on de field.

This is a tough question without a hint: Who was the first player Best skinned on the way to scoring? Hint: Think Hudson and Hislop.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »

Only one possibility

This is a tough question without a hint: Who was the first player Best skinned on the way to scoring? Hint: Think Hudson and Hislop.

Dead give-away of a clue.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 01:28:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »

Only one possibility

Dead give-away of a clue.

The suit alone was as you said, was a dead giveaway lol...maybe I should tweet this video to Bien Sports

1]; } ?>