April 23, 2024, 05:12:24 PM

Author Topic: Chike Sullivan  (Read 2984 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chike Sullivan
« on: September 24, 2009, 07:01:13 AM »
He was with the U-20s on the Venezuela tour ... not successful in making it into the final squad for Egypt to be among those players who would have U17 WC and U 20 WC participations under their belts. Would also have been one of a handful of players playing collegiately.

His college squad is nationally ranked this season ... as they were last year ... and the youngster has been a contributor.

CSM records first win at new CSM Soccer Stadium; Mines defeats Northwest Nazarene, 5-1

GOLDEN, Colo. - The Colorado School of Mines men's soccer team scored four second half goals in route to a 5-1 win over Northwest Nazarene on Thursday afternoon at the brand new CSM Soccer Stadium. For the box score, click here.

The Crusaders got on the board first after drawing a foul just outside the box. Renatto Britto drove the ball just underneath the cross bar in the top right corner from 25 yards out giving NNU a 1-0 in the seventh minute of the match.

CSM tied the game in the 19th minute when Alex Nass was taken down in the box. Chike Sullivan converted on the penalty kick for the Orediggers.

Tied at one after 45 minutes of play, CSM scored four goals in the second half. Three of those goals came during a five-minute stretch.

Cale Haas gave CSM its first lead just one minute and 29 seconds (47th minute) into the game. Three and a half minutes later (51st minute), Alex Nass slotted a ball from the right side of the box to the feet of Philip Wilson giving Mines a 3-1 lead.

In the 52 minute, just 43 seconds after Wilson's goal, Jeff Nelson found open space and scored his first goal of the season. The Orediggers added their fifth goal when Haas stole the ball from a Crusader defender and took the keeper on one-on-one to score his second goal of the game.

Manville Strand earned the win in the net allowing just one goal and making a pair of saves.

The Orediggers (1-0-0) will host the University of Mary on Monday, August 31st at the CSM Soccer Stadium. The game is scheduled for 4:00 pm.

CSM blanks the University of Mary, 3-0
Aug 31, 2009

GOLDEN, Colo. - The Colorado School of Mines men's soccer team posted its first shutout win of the season as they defeated the University of Mary by a score of 3-0 on Monday afternoon at the CSM Soccer Stadium.

CSM jumped out to an early 1-0 lead when Masaki Hemmi crossed a ball into the box and found the head of Philip Wilson for Wilson's second goal of the season in the eighth minute of the match.

In the 24th minute, Jeff Nelson found the feet of Chike Sullivan just outside the six-yard box to give Mines a 2-0 lead. The goal was Sullivan's second of the season.

In the 77th minute, after a ball was cleared out of the University of Mary box, Cale Haas served the ball back from 35 yards out and connected with Trevor Braun who headed the ball past the near post for his first goal of the season.

CSM's defense limited the Marauders to six shots, none of which were on goal. Manville Strand earned his first shutout of the season in goal.

The Orediggers (2-0) will play at Upper Iowa on Friday, Sept. 4th at 4:00 pm (MST). CSM will then take on Missouri S & T at Upper Iowa on Sunday, Sept. 6th at 12:00 pm (MST).

CSM defeats Upper Iowa, 2-0
Sep 4, 2009

FAYETTE, Iowa - The Colorado School of Mines men's soccer team defeated Upper Iowa 2-0 on Friday afternoon at Pattison Field.

Chike Sullivan converted a penalty kick in the 19th minute to give CSM a 1-0 lead. The goal was Sullivan's third of the season and the second courtesy of a penalty kick.

Alex Gunberg increased the Oredigger lead to 2-0 with his first collegiate goal in the 60th minute off a rebound.

CSM's defense limited the Peacocks to 5 shots in the match, three on goal, and one corner kick. Manville Strand recorded his second shutout as he made three saves in net.

The Orediggers (3-0) will take on Missouri S & T at Upper Iowa on Sunday, Sept. 6th at 12:00 pm (MST).

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chike Sullivan
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:20:43 AM »
one for the future perhaps?

btw, CSM is s D2 school. not exactly the highest level of competition. i know some real shithound who play D2 football.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-soccer/division_ii1.html

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:35:55 AM »
Andre,
         I beg to differ on analogy that D2 schools are shithounds. They analogy may apply to Amer. football and basketball. Some D2 school can beat D1 schools anyday. D1 andD2 has to do more with the size of the school. D2 schools are smaller.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »
deeks,

i say "i know some real shithound who play D2 football."

it have some good D2 programs that could challenge second rate D1 programs 4 sure.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:28:36 AM »
deeks,

i say "i know some real shithound who play D2 football."

it have some good D2 programs that could challenge second rate D1 programs 4 sure.
thats a better quote some real ballers play d2 players from TT have a better chance now being picked up ina d1 team and alot of it is because of how these "d2" players perform over the years.
ps some good d2 programs could also challenge some good D1 programs as well  .... the hatin must stop Andre lol

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:38:36 AM »
I always liked this player. Quick feet , skillful, very good control and a team player. I hope he pursues the game professionally.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »

Chike Sullivan #15
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 08:55:01 AM »
chike was born in 1991 so he would be on the next under 20 team ... chike, bateau, akeem adams and marcus joseph
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:04:59 AM »
From what I've seen, of the players who were around the then U17s, only Britto (and possibly one other) was younger than Chike.

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:39:10 AM »
Andre,
         I beg to differ on analogy that D2 schools are shithounds. They analogy may apply to Amer. football and basketball. Some D2 school can beat D1 schools anyday. D1 andD2 has to do more with the size of the school. D2 schools are smaller.

I play D1 currently, and there some, maybe few d2 schools that could match up... eg, Lynn university, which are really good and can probably rank in the top 50 in D1. But partner they do not get D1 because of their school size. please do not comment and give wrong info. Schools are D1 because of the amount of scholarships they are available to give. Adelphi University are D1 but their other sports are D2. My school has 2000 people and are D1 partner..

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »
Remember Stern played at Mercer Community College so...
Hart for president

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
Andre,

I play D1 currently, and there some, maybe few d2 schools that could match up... eg, Lynn university, which are really good and can probably rank in the top 50 in D1. But partner they do not get D1 because of their school size. please do not comment and give wrong info. Schools are D1 because of the amount of scholarships they are available to give. Adelphi University are D1 but their other sports are D2. My school has 2000 people and are D1 partner..

Unquestionably, on the individual level there are D2 players that could/have played up and D1 players that should/have played down ... AND, there are D3 players who could play in any of the above. Don't believe the hype.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 07:46:20 PM »
American College system...especially at dem levels means you're unlikely to be a top professional footballer especially at de international level for T&T.  Not impossible... but very unlikely.

Wish dis yute all de best tho.  Perhaps he can defeat the odds.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>