April 20, 2024, 02:52:51 AM

Author Topic: Darryl Roberts Thread  (Read 29174 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Why Not Darryll Roberts thread
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
Hopefully the NEW coach will see it fit to bring Roberts back, along with Randi Patterson, two players who should have been playing for us in the Hex IMHO

What...no plug fuh Scott Sealey?  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 04:35:28 PM »
Hopefully the NEW coach will see it fit to bring Roberts back, along with Randi Patterson, two players who should have been playing for us in the Hex IMHO

Even he knows dat ship has sailed.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
To Mr Russell Latapy or de Press officer Mr. Fuentes.... Please tell the fan base why Roberts cant get a look? and as a matter of fact Jaggy as well. Ill stop there because I know its not a free for all ting. But Jaggy and Roberts, both very mobile men cant hurt we team in no way.

My opinion.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »

When Scott was playing in the US and even last year in Europe, AND SCORING, THAT was the time to call him back... NOT now, when he not even playin competitive ball!! Much as I hate to admit it, Weary's right  :(

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 08:08:33 PM »

When it was ever afloat?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 11:11:27 PM »
To Mr Russell Latapy or de Press officer Mr. Fuentes.... Please tell the fan base why Roberts cant get a look? and as a matter of fact Jaggy as well. Ill stop there because I know its not a free for all ting. But Jaggy and Roberts, both very mobile men cant hurt we team in no way.

My opinion.

We doh like USL....

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »
Steups ... JC haul yuh ass ...... DR had his moments is true but outside of that he looked ordinary ... he looked like a good local player. Boy allyuh memory real short yes!! If is fight allyuh want then we should call for Claude Noel and Uncle Victor too.

I doh mind if DR get ANOTHER call up because many others have, but I dont see the team being markedly better if he in the squad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »
Steups ... JC haul yuh ass ...... DR had his moments is true but outside of that he looked ordinary ... he looked like a good local player. Boy allyuh memory real short yes!! If is fight allyuh want then we should call for Claude Noel and Uncle Victor too.

I doh mind if DR get ANOTHER call up because many others have, but I dont see the team being markedly better if he in the squad.
Then you need spectacles! Just like plenty ppl who didn't see baptiste as ah huge differance, including myself, but he actually was, same for cornell glenn, and he was. oh yeh, and darryl did make ah huge difference on june 22nd 2008 in hamilton. roberts , hyland, julius, and whitley could make ah difference, with the addition of Jlloyd and primus!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 08:55:23 AM »
I dunno i cant just jump on the roberts band waggon because he scored A (1) goal, cause in his position he is expected to do do just that and infact score more regularly. His work rate is high but at the end of the day we want people who places it in the onion bag game in game out.

hence the reason why i never had a problem with stern dispite some who considers him lazy. Berbatov is also lazy but gets the job done ... wigan's rodegella would run hard whole game but how much does he bury into the net or how many times would he be in a position to be able to do so.

Roberts had oppertunity with the side, but failed to stake his claim especially vs the caribbean opposition, I would agree that if we said ok pick or try him over KJ maybe but although KJ cant do it for TNT he has his name being called week in week out on the goal counts in the EPL, so its hard not to include him in the side, i dont rate KJ personally but thats the reality, if they dont call him probably they would be in for more critism
than not calling roberts

someone asked ok so he scored a goal but what has he done over the past 6 months, goals assist overall impact. The goal was brilliant but to me its one of those goals you score once a season, i would love to hear more about him in his league, scoring regularly and being rated by his coach,  then i'd jump on the band waggon.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:27:53 AM by Mock de Dread »

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 09:18:42 AM »
tried to find some info

international (includes caribbean cup)
18 caps 3 goals

current club Denizlispor
escaped religation last season on goal difference
currently in relegation zone this season

Years            Club              App (Gls)*
2005–2006    Carolina Dynamo   27 (17)
2007–2008    Sparta Rotterdam  34 (9)
2008–2009    Denizlispor           035 (8.)
2009/2010    Denizlispor            08 (2.) current (one game came on as sub)

i guess he got called during his best years at dynamo and started almost all his matches with his clubs, got some goals but in the lower leagues of european football, three goals in 18 matches international caps wasnt enough to cement a place it seems

hope he and his club does better this season, but just based on stats i dont think the TTFF could be lynched for not picking him over others in the player pool

probably if he was meh partner or family i would see it differently, but nothing to go crazy over. thanks daryl (and stern)for the 3 goals though especially the one in bermuda, it postponed my pain to 12 months after when we were eventually booted out of the hex

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:36:56 AM by Mock de Dread »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
tried to find some info

18 caps 3 goals

current club Denizlispor

i guess he got called during his best years at dynamo and started almost all his matches with his clubs, got some goals but in the lower leagues of european football, three goals in 18 matches international caps wasnt enough to cement a place it seems

hope he and his club does better this season, but just based on stats i dont think the TTFF could be lynched for not picking him over others in the player pool

probably if he was meh partner or family i would see it differently, but nothing to go crazy over. thanks daryl (and stern)for the 3 goals though especially the one in bermuda, it postponed my pain to 12 months after when we were eventually booted out of the hex

He was called up when he was with Sparta, which is in the Dutch First Division (not the lower leagues). His scoring record was similar to KJ during that same time period. He then moved to the Superlig (again not the lower leagues of Europe) where his scoring record wasn't far behind KJ and his season was also curtailed by injury. Add to that, 3 goals or not, his performances with the national team were mostly noteworthy. He may not be a huge improvement on what we already have, but if he's any improvement he should be called up.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »
tried to find some info

18 caps 3 goals

current club Denizlispor

Thanks...That is why I was asking them questions.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 06:28:27 PM »
tried to find some info

18 caps 3 goals

current club Denizlispor

He was called up when he was with Sparta, which is in the Dutch First Division (not the lower leagues). His scoring record was similar to KJ during that same time period. He then moved to the Superlig (again not the lower leagues of Europe) where his scoring record wasn't far behind KJ and his season was also curtailed by injury. Add to that, 3 goals or not, his performances with the national team were mostly noteworthy. He may not be a huge improvement on what we already have, but if he's any improvement he should be called up.
Mock the dread! what opportunities roberts had wid the side according to you??

the man played  two games this whole campaign, the 2nd leg against bermuda, and ah cobo against cuba in cuba! after that pancho called him once and he never featured!

as for him scoring minimally for his clubs, breds roberts does play attacking mid 90% of the time for his clubs, and for an attacking mid those stats are great!!

why yuh doh pull up scotty stats on the international circuit? how many goals he scored as an international?

@ least roberts score an all important goal when it mattered, and my guess is, given the opportunity he would've scored more! same as with colin samuels and khaleem hyland.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »
cool beans -

sorry by lower leagues in europe i didnt mean within that country but less competitive as compared with the other premier leagues in europe i.e - england, spain, germany, italian etc where the best talent resides and i holding those leagues in higher esteem is purely based on the success those countries (clubs) over the years in the UFEA champions league, a turkish or dutch club rarely makes it out of the group stages. (the recent success of that dutch club over Barca) dosen't count that was just "Vidou"

Just cool some of the stats i looked at were his 18 international caps, i witnessed most of them as some how i end up in these games with low attendance.

Date Opponent Venue Location Result Goals Competition
2008-10-08 Dominican Republic+  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago W 9-0 1 Friendly
2008-08-20 Cuba+  Estadío Pedro Marrero La Habana, Cuba W 3-1 0 World Cup Qualifier
2008-06-22 Bermuda  Bermuda National Stadium Prospect, Bermuda W 2-0 1 World Cup Qualifier
2008-06-01 England+  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago L 0-3 0 Friendly
2008-03-26 Jamaica  National Stadium Kingston, Jamaica D 2-2 0 Friendly
2007-06-12 Guatemala  Foxboro Stadium Foxboro, MA, United States D 1-1 0 CONCACAF Gold Cup
2007-06-09 United States  Home Depot Center Carson, CA, United States L 0-2 0 CONCACAF Gold Cup
2007-06-06 El Salvador  Home Depot Center Carson, CA, United States L 1-2 0 CONCACAF Gold Cup
2007-06-03 Honduras+  Estadío Francisco Morazán San Pedro Sula, Honduras L 1-3 0 Friendly
2007-05-28 Haiti  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago W 1-0 0 Digicel Shield
2007-02-04 Costa Rica  Estadío Alejandro Morera Soto Alajuela, Costa Rica L 0-4 0 Friendly
2007-01-31 Panama  Estadío Rommel Fernandez Panama City, Panama L 1-2 0 Friendly
2007-01-23 Haiti  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago L 1-2 0 Digicel Cup
2007-01-20 Cuba  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago W 3-1 0 Digicel Cup
2007-01-17 Haiti  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago W 3-1 0 Digicel Cup
2007-01-15 Martinique  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago W 5-1 1 Digicel Cup
2007-01-12 Barbados+  Hasely Crawford Stadium Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago D 1-1 0 Digicel Cup
2004-06-06 Northern Ireland+  Dwight Yorke Stadium Bacolet, Tobago L 0-3 0 Friendly

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:10 PM »
they got a good look at him in 2007 12 games 1 goals  including digicel cup  and goal cup, i would have expected players to rack up goals in the digicel up

In 2008 he got some caps 5 i think and scored two goals, one was a important goal vs bermuda, however the other was Vs DR where we routed them 9-0 (this dont count as being there it was a horrible training exercise)
DR looked like they just took 12 men standing in the airport at the time and asked them to board a flight to trinidad to play a soccer match.

No he wasnt called in the HEX but i think during 2007-2008 (17) caps in 2 years is very good and it was up to him to make his name a household one at that time, he failed to stake his claim on a place in the team, so i think its a bit unfair to say that he was over looked.

Is KJ better than him in my opinion not really, but KJ has all the commercial value right now, He is playing in the EPL ( a much more competitive league than turkey ) and is ranked weekly by the commentators etc (who i think must be blind cause they see something we dont) . But KJ will always get he nod over him based on where he plays and his contribution...it may not be fair but it makes sense 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:52:01 PM by Mock de Dread »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »
listen...they called up 23 man squads... he should have been part of that...at least
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »
listen...they called up 23 man squads... he should have been part of that...at least

True dat...if man like Chubby could get call up, Roberts coulda get a look.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 12:03:46 AM »
Is it that hard in the fawwwking Summer when most teams have the off season to have a training session with some practice games?

Oh yeah our pro League is go right through the summer. Wasn't that way for 90 years and then the TTFF (Jack?) went and change it ::)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 07:39:17 AM »
Big Mag

Well i could understand that point " if cubby get called" then why not roberts or anyone lol
I could not understand that call up, but according to our player pool he is listed as a forward

our current player pool of fwds include

Stern John
Kenwayne Jones
Jason Scotland
Colin Samuel
Cornell Glenn
Daryl Roberts
Andre Toussaint
recently kerry baptiste is used as a fwd (though some plps consider him a attacking mid)

We usually play max with 2 fwds so i gather they would walk with four or five max, they are always gonna pull the 3 biggest names, have a token local who is currently performing, if they did call him he would have probably been an unused sub and would warm bench just as Jason Scotland did for quite a few games. The only way i see them not pulling the biggest names is if the guy banged in goalsss (plural) for the TNT side. 
The extra team cost would have been considered, beacuse i am assuming its cheaper to pull a player from england than from turkey

Life hard for darryl in the pecking order.. i see him down there with toussaint not because i dont rate his ability but the guys above him and locals just stand a better chance if not for high profile reasons but economic ones as well, he would probably stand a chance if he promoted him self as an attacking mid, because right now those positions in midfield are up for grabs.......as was mentioned if lyndon chubby andrews got called up, i may has well as waked with my boots to the game and sat close to the bench, latas perhaps would have looked around and said "eh fella yuh want a sweat? "   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »

COSIGN TALK DONE

True dat...if man like Chubby could get call up, Roberts coulda get a look.

COSIGN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 05:14:47 PM »
MTD, darryl roberts  got ah raw deal period, you pulling up old stats on roberts like he was ah regular fixture for yrs! the man only get ah bleigh when the black list was instated!

the bredder first senior team cap was in the degicel cup in 06, before that the fella was @ leberty university and ah small stint wid ah club.

after that the fella get ah bleigh tuh play in holland which he did very well mainly as ah midfielder, and BTW doh talk shyte about the dutch league bredder, BC the dutch league is still an elite league, and so is the french league, it's just that it's not ah big money league, so it doh get the attention like laliga, EPL , bundeliga and seri A.

there was ah time when ajax, fayenord, and PSV was top teams in europe, and the ajax school was one of the best, putting out such fellas like davids , sedorf, klivert, van basten, rijkard, and many more, that's why dutch coaches are so popular.

that bredder never got ah bleigh to put into action what he learned, and i believe he and a few other player coulda made ah big differance, but if you feel different then fine, kill yuh self proving it!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 05:55:19 PM »
I dunno i cant just jump on the roberts band waggon because he scored A (1) goal, cause in his position he is expected to do do just that and infact score more regularly. His work rate is high but at the end of the day we want people who places it in the onion bag game in game out.

hence the reason why i never had a problem with stern dispite some who considers him lazy. Berbatov is also lazy but gets the job done ... wigan's rodegella would run hard whole game but how much does he bury into the net or how many times would he be in a position to be able to do so.

Roberts had oppertunity with the side, but failed to stake his claim especially vs the caribbean opposition, I would agree that if we said ok pick or try him over KJ maybe but although KJ cant do it for TNT he has his name being called week in week out on the goal counts in the EPL, so its hard not to include him in the side, i dont rate KJ personally but thats the reality, if they dont call him probably they would be in for more critism
than not calling roberts

someone asked ok so he scored a goal but what has he done over the past 6 months, goals assist overall impact. The goal was brilliant but to me its one of those goals you score once a season, i would love to hear more about him in his league, scoring regularly and being rated by his coach,  then i'd jump on the band waggon.

thats fair.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »
Mock u gettin on like d forwards was scorin and keepin d man out d squad and as BM say he should have been in d 23 man squad.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »
Big Mag

Well i could understand that point " if cubby get called" then why not roberts or anyone lol
I could not understand that call up, but according to our player pool he is listed as a forward

Stern John
Kenwayne Jones
Jason Scotland
Colin Samuel
Cornell Glenn
Daryl Roberts
Andre Toussaint
recently kerry baptiste is used as a fwd (though some plps consider him a attacking mid)

We usually play max with 2 fwds so i gather they would walk with four or five max, they are always gonna pull the 3 biggest names, have a token local who is currently performing, if they did call him he would have probably been an unused sub and would warm bench just as Jason Scotland did for quite a few games. The only way i see them not pulling the biggest names is if the guy banged in goalsss (plural) for the TNT side. 
The extra team cost would have been considered, beacuse i am assuming its cheaper to pull a player from england than from turkey

Life hard for darryl in the pecking order.. i see him down there with toussaint not because i dont rate his ability but the guys above him and locals just stand a better chance if not for high profile reasons but economic ones as well, he would probably stand a chance if he promoted him self as an attacking mid, because right now those positions in midfield are up for grabs.......as was mentioned if lyndon chubby andrews got called up, i may has well as waked with my boots to the game and sat close to the bench, latas perhaps would have looked around and said "eh fella yuh want a sweat? "   

hey weary, i understand your call but hope that you do understand that i am not against darryl getting a play on the team, i am just saying that as the 23rd man economic reasons would also be a major factor in not calling him. Plus if i were daryll honestly i really wouldnt care to do all that flying (trini to UK then flyover germany, poland, check republic, hungry to get to turkey another couple hrs extra plus airport transit times)if i would merely be on the bench as a last resort(unless i wanted to visit my family at home), scotland went throught he same thing and wasnt amused to travel to two games in the Hex series and left on the bench, neither was his coach. The guys in england have it a lot easier due to logistics, travel cost and thier league being highly promoted especially over here . I just tried to put myself in the selectors shoes and understand why they didnt recall him for some games as i said its tough for daryll. If he was in MLS things may have been different. If they did recall him this thread perhaps would have been a lot bigger calling "why not kerry baptiste thread"  there is always gonna be calls for the next player, the selectors probably really have it difficult, but at the end of the day football=money and we as a country really dont help the cause by having empty stadium seats for the games, whos gonna want to pay that little bit extra when our revenues dont add up to our cost?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:01:49 PM by Mock de Dread »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »
Big Mag

Stern John
Kenwayne Jones
Jason Scotland
Colin Samuel
Cornell Glenn
Daryl Roberts
Andre Toussaint

hey weary, i understand your call but hope that you do understand that i am not against darryl getting a play on the team, i am just saying that as the 23rd man economic reasons would also be a major factor in not calling him. Plus if i were daryll honestly i really wouldnt care to do all that flying (trini to UK then flyover germany, poland, check republic, hungry to get to turkey another couple hrs extra plus airport transit times)if i would merely be on the bench as a last resort(unless i wanted to visit my family at home), scotland went throught he same thing and wasnt amused to travel to two games in the Hex series and left on the bench, neither was his coach. The guys in england have it a lot easier due to logistics, travel cost and thier league being highly promoted especially over here . I just tried to put myself in the selectors shoes and understand why they didnt recall him for some games as i said its tough for daryll. If he was in MLS things may have been different. If they did recall him this thread perhaps would have been a lot bigger calling "why not kerry baptiste thread"  there is always gonna be calls for the next player, the selectors probably really have it difficult, but at the end of the day football=money and we as a country really dont help the cause by having empty stadium seats for the games, whos gonna want to pay that little bit extra when our revenues dont add up to our cost?

A Wim blacklist is what he sufffer from not economics.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
Big Mag

Stern John
Kenwayne Jones
Jason Scotland
Colin Samuel
Cornell Glenn
Daryl Roberts
Andre Toussaint

Utter COCK!!!!!!! didn't dwight yorke traveled from austrailia which is 24 hrs of flying to where ever we were playing? and if yuh think turkey far, then try austrailia!

tuh get tuh trini yuh have tuh fly from sidney to hawaii, that's 12 hrs, then from hawaii  to the west coast is 6 hrs, from the west coact to the east coact is 6 hrs, then from the east coast to trinidad is 5 hrs, ah grand total of 29 hrs!

i feel yuh eh make no point as of yet, so i suggest yuh SHUT IT! all yuh doing is babling & hating on good sound players who coulda make ah difference, and exonerating the slackers who made terrible decisions on behalf of the team by excluding them!         

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »

Ok just cool,  you are correct, the arguments for Darryl Roberts are sound and the selectors got it all worng, there is no way any of the other players should have been chosen before him and chances are we would have been in the world cup today if they included him

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »

Ok just cool,  you are correct, the arguments for Darryl Roberts are sound and the selectors got it all worng, there is no way any of the other players should have been chosen before him and chances are we would have been in the world cup today if they included him
What yuh should siad was , i MTD was talking outa timin badbadbad! that would've been better than that piece ah mamaguye yuh type dey!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What's next for darryl roberts?
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
Tallman, or ppl in the know, what is up wid darryl roberts? is he out of contract? Bc i saw on the net where he was looking for a new club. is he out of contract and looking for ah new team?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: What's next for darryl roberts?
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2011, 07:30:50 AM »
North East Stars.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>