March 29, 2024, 05:01:23 AM

Author Topic: Obama's eligibilty  (Read 851 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Obama's eligibilty
« on: October 31, 2009, 12:42:48 AM »

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Federal_judge_carter_sets_trial_date_for_obama's_eligibility

Just got this from a GOP friend along with many other annoying Obama bashing e-mails.
I don't really give an agouti's ass about it but I thought it might illicit some response from the dem lawyers amongst us.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Obama's eligibilty
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »
Even if this went to trial and the plaintiffs won before Obama's term was up (big big big if), according to the constitution wouldn't Biden become president? No thanks..

And if the trial isn't settled until Obama is out of office what is the remedy?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Obama's eligibilty
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »
Even if this went to trial and the plaintiffs won before Obama's term was up (big big big if), according to the constitution wouldn't Biden become president? No thanks..

And if the trial isn't settled until Obama is out of office what is the remedy?

If the police beat up my neighbor I can't sue them... why not?  Because I haven't suffered any personal harm.  That in a nutshell is "standing"... and without standing you can't bring suit.  This suit was already dismissed for lack of standing yet I'm surprised to see reports on these nutty websites claiming a court date of January 26, 2010.

Assuming this case is even heard again I'd be surprised if it survived summary judgment... seeing that they have no proof that he wasn't born in Hawaii, and the burden would be on them to prove at there's at least some issue of material fact in dispute.

1]; } ?>