March 29, 2024, 02:19:17 AM

Author Topic: Time for a new team  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Time for a new team
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »
Wonderful start!  Now it is time to get rid of the lethargic, corrupting influences of some of the seniors.  Get a young team with a good captain.  But first we  need a change in the administration and the selectors.

In my opinion, it is time for a new team.  This is not working.  The senoir players show no example and the captaincy of Chris Gayle is an abject failure.  Gayle should be retained only for ODI's and T20 cricket, which is what he loves anyway.  The dedication required for Test Cricket is not for "voopers" who can't play with patience and consider the requiremnts of big scores.  Australia scored 400+ but at 3. per over.  They understood the task at hand and every player made themselves responsible for getting big scores irrespective of what the other player did.  That is why the make large scores - no body made 100, but almost everyone who batted scored more than 30.  It's time for a change, but haven't we heard that before?  Both the WIBC administration and the selectors are to blame here.  We need a new captain and  a new team.

My team would be:
Barath
Simmons
Sarwan (one last chance)
Bravo, Darren
Nash or Dowlin
Ganga (Captain)
Ramdin
Taylor
Roach
Rampaul (Edwards if fit)
Mohammed, D ( Benn)

Add Gavin Tonge and we have our team.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a new team
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »
I want to someone to explain to me the argument that Ganga can't be WI captain because he can't hold his place on the team!  Look at the WI scores and tell me if Ganga could have done any worse than any player on that team save Barath?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:52:18 AM »
But Rampaul bowling shite.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »
I want to someone to explain to me the argument that Ganga can't be WI captain because he can't hold his place on the team!  Look at the WI scores and tell me if Ganga could have done any worse than any player on that team save Barath?

So your argument is Ganga is as shitty as the shitty batsmen on the WI team, so we should pick him on that merit.

Allyuh men serious. Ganga is bull some of allyuh or what (and he is my family).
Is this what WI cricket has plumetted to.

And did you really pick a team without Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
Boss Chanders and Sarwan have a long way to go in WI cricket.
Young Bravo is knocking and so is Simmons, but they have to force their way onto the team.
We have a weak team and there are only so many untested people can take. Ah sorry for Simmo becz I think he just missed out. Travis Dowling has earned it.

Sorry Ganga will have to do the same. And you don't do it by averaging 19 in your last ten tests.
Sadly Trinis are just REACHING to get Ganga on this team.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:58:28 PM »

So your argument is Ganga is as shitty as the shitty batsmen on the WI team, so we should pick him on that merit.

Allyuh men serious. Ganga is bull some of allyuh or what (and he is my family).
Is this what WI cricket has plumetted to.

And did you really pick a team without Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
Boss Chanders and Sarwan have a long way to go in WI cricket.
Young Bravo is knocking and so is Simmons, but they have to force their way onto the team.
We have a weak team and there are only so many untested people can take. Ah sorry for Simmo becz I think he just missed out. Travis Dowling has earned it.

Sorry Ganga will have to do the same. And you don't do it by averaging 19 in your last ten tests.
Sadly Trinis are just REACHING to get Ganga on this team.

VB
1. Omission of Chanderpaul was an error on my part.  He deserves to stay in.
2.  I am picking a captain.  We need leadership and I would be willing to sacrifice runs for leadership to rebuild the team.  That is not an usual approach.
3. BTW, Keiran Powell is another youngster I would bring on.  We need to groom these guys...now!  We cannot win with the present team.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 11:10:57 PM »
Keiran Powell did a quick check ,stink up the place in hid debuts doh eh .A duck against Bangladesh and an a 5 against  India. That sucks ,he eint impress me at all .Foe now ah waiting till lil Bravo puts his head down and Braitwaite .

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:02:04 AM »

Remember Selectors are not psychic.

They picked men who earned it.
How could they know ahead of time who would flop.
If Chanders flops in the next Test or Gayle or Bravo - did we see it coming.

Tell me who will flop in the next series and we could replace them with Ganga.

Another thing, people coming down on Nash. But in England the team wasn't given enough time to settle in.
In Aus. he has had to put up with some flack for playing against the country of his birth (not nasty stuff but pressure nevertheless).

Let's not forget he was a consistent star when we won the series at home Vs. Eng.
This man will perform again and we should not use him as a scapegoat to get Ganga on the side.

VB

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »
Look who say Ganga better the Nash, an Aussie. Look I would love the see Ganga on the team. But We need  more than Ganga. We need better bowling and more concentration on our batting. But let's see what happens in the 2nd test.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »
barath
khan
simmons
sarwan
chanderpaul
ganga
bravo
ramdin
mohammed
rampaul
roach

thats a fresh but will never happen.

greenidge said 6-7 players from trini will form the core in the future, which is true, add pollard to that list and lil bravo, tonge, edwards if not injured, pascal

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:10 AM »
who is pascal?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:51 AM »

Another thing, people coming down on Nash. But in England the team wasn't given enough time to settle in.
In Aus. he has had to put up with some flack for playing against the country of his birth (not nasty stuff but pressure nevertheless).

Let's not forget he was a consistent star when we won the series at home Vs. Eng.
This man will perform again and we should not use him as a scapegoat to get Ganga on the side.

VB

no offense vb but your talking garbage, butts aint pick real people based on merit, on merit, mohammed, pollard, simmons and even lil bravo should be there, not to mention ganga, so come again, they cant pick all those trinis can they, dwyane smith and deonarine as well, deo should have started over dowlin and benn

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »
who is pascal?

excelent youth pace bowler

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »

VB

no offense vb but your talking garbage, butts aint pick real people based on merit, on merit, mohammed, pollard, simmons and even lil bravo should be there, not to mention ganga, so come again, they cant pick all those trinis can they, dwyane smith and deonarine as well, deo should have started over dowlin and benn

So is only Butts picking de team?

Simmons and Mohamed have a legit gripe.
There will always be one or two players who do.

Dowling did well in his two Tests and has been rewarded.
Deonarine was borderline and I could live wit it.

Not ready to drop Nash yet.

Ganga must EARN it.

I like controversial's team with the exception of Khan, that's a joke.
Gayle, Sarwan, Chanders and Bravo are the core of the batting.

Pollard and Young Bravo should go at whose expense.
Bear in min that 20 years ago, you could carry two green fellas.
Gayle,Sarwan,Chand, Barath, Bravo, Nash
Now you want TWO GREEN men in young Bravo and Pollard. We not unpredictable and shitty enough??
There has to be some balance and depth. We know why Dowlin is there and Deonarine is not as novice as Pollard and Brvo II at this level. Sorry depth and balance must be sought.

Bravo and Pollard are young, their chance will come.

VB

1]; } ?>