April 26, 2024, 05:34:42 AM

Author Topic: Can an African team win the 2010 World Cup?  (Read 11971 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can an African team win the 2010 World Cup?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 01:58:29 PM »
...As much chance of that as the TTFF deciding to release audited accounts and to answer all questions relating to the Germany campaign ...and agreeing to pay the soca warriors the promised money ..even those they duped into acepting less ...and Oh ...that jack will relinquish his position as TTFF aviser to concentrate on his political career ... dais all !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 02:23:55 PM »
The absolute furthest an African team reachin in this 2010 World Cup in SA is the quarter finals.

let we bet nah..... :devil:  ;D

I game.  Yuh sure yuh could/would pay up when I win?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
The absolute furthest an African team reachin in this 2010 World Cup in SA is the quarter finals.

Can you pay when I win??   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
Just giving a good fight dont mean much ,African teams have to start showing that with all the talent they have, they must start beating European and South Americans.The fact is they dont even do as well against CONCACAF teams so they do have some way to go.As we know football is a team game and when African teams put that individual flair,speed and phyical attributes to use,as a team, then and only then we would have an African champion.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »

Dependin on de terms and if is de terms I anticipate, I'll fly down jes fuh dat!  ;D

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »
At least one African team would be in the Semis, and hopefully make it to the Finals...if that happen then YES an African team can definitely take it all in 2010!!!

Ivory Coast and Ghana 80% chance

Cameroon and Nigeria 50% chance

SA may get out the group stage, but rem as the host they normally are put in the group of death.

Algeria?  ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
At least one African team would be in the Semis, and hopefully make it to the Finals...if that happen then YES an African team can definitely take it all in 2010!!!

Oh dear  :-\
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »

Dont let yuh heart over rule yuh judgement mate.

Oh dear  :-\

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »

SA may get out the group stage, but rem as the host they normally are put in the group of death.

Algeria?  ???

Big Up!

Wake up breddrin!!  Dat dream yuh havin dey might make yuh comatose waitin fuh it to happen!!  ;D

Dat have as much chance happenin as de Sounders winnin CONCACAF Champions League nex year!  ;D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
I have followed Nigerian footballers for years. They are not far removed from TT. Similar behaviour. Nigeria has an abundant of talent up their ying-yang. They have money up their ying-yang. Their organization always infighting. Players disaffected with them. Sometimes their arrogance has lead them to underestimate lesser teams to their own peril. But if they get their act together could win it.

Agreed... Nigeria for me has been the biggest World Cup busts the past 20 yrs... absolute jokers.
What about Spain??? ??? ???
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
After they do the following:

• Purge the continent of the inept and meddling politicians that want to interfere with footballing matters
  • [Pay their coaches so that they don't leave

The talent is there, but organization is woefully lacking or nonexistent.  ;);)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:06:16 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 05:36:18 PM »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »

Algeria?  ???

Big Up!

Wake up breddrin!!  Dat dream yuh havin dey might make yuh comatose waitin fuh it to happen!!  ;D

Dat have as much chance happenin as de Sounders winnin CONCACAF Champions League nex year!  ;D

So alyuh getting kix...quote me in 7 months...lets see how far de reach...

And Sounders can compete with any team in the champions league...lets wait and see the full squad for next year and then we go talk  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 06:07:46 PM »
I have followed Nigerian footballers for years. They are not far removed from TT. Similar behaviour. Nigeria has an abundant of talent up their ying-yang. They have money up their ying-yang. Their organization always infighting. Players disaffected with them. Sometimes their arrogance has lead them to underestimate lesser teams to their own peril. But if they get their act together could win it.

Agreed... Nigeria for me has been the biggest World Cup busts the past 20 yrs... absolute jokers.

Yeah, a fair shout can be made with regards to Spain being bigger busts than Nigeria.  They've had their problems no doubt, probably more due to poor coaching than the corruption that's plagued Nigeria.

--------------

DeSoWa yuh dreaming with that 'Sounders' talk, lol

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »

Yeah, a fair shout can be made with regards to Spain being bigger busts than Nigeria.  They've had their problems no doubt, probably more due to poor coaching than the corruption that's plagued Nigeria.

--------------

Bakes ah say they can "Compete" with any team Concacaf have to offer...did not say they go win it...YET lol lets wait til the roster is finalized...you know how the MLS is with all this trade and stuff...we already lose Le Toux to your team lol  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »
En-Oh!  NO!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 07:59:25 PM »

--------------

nigeria is de corruption Capital of de world. so i overs.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »
Assuming fair referring, it is possible for an African country to win the World Cup. I give Ghana a very good chance of doing it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 10:20:23 PM »
Bakes ah say they can "Compete" with any team Concacaf have to offer...did not say they go win it...YET lol lets wait til the roster is finalized...you know how the MLS is with all this trade and stuff...we already lose Le Toux to your team lol  :devil:

Big Up!

LOL... yuh know yuh say "Champions" and I thought yuh saying they ready for them European teams yes, lol

Lol@ "your team"... I tort was DC yuh talking about yes.  I eh really have ah squad any more, de spanish and dem tief DC out from under mih with all dat "barra brava" stuff.  But ah think yuh right, ah go have to take ah look at deez fellas and see what dey saying  :D

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 11:48:06 PM »

Big Up!

LOL... yuh know yuh say "Champions" and I thought yuh saying they ready for them European teams yes, lol

Lol@ "your team"... I tort was DC yuh talking about yes.  I eh really have ah squad any more, de spanish and dem tief DC out from under mih with all dat "barra brava" stuff.  But ah think yuh right, ah go have to take ah look at deez fellas and see what dey saying  :D

lol ah might be stupid, but ah ent Dotish  :devil:

Oh what kinda name is the "Union" BTW? lol anyways u doh bound to reply...de thread done derail enuff already  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:35 PM »
lol ah might be stupid, but ah ent Dotish  :devil:

Oh what kinda name is the "Union" BTW? lol anyways u doh bound to reply...de thread done derail enuff already  :devil:

Big Up!

Well yuh know dai'z whey dey sign de Declaration... Rumer Hazzit they couldn't fit "Thirteen Original Colonies" on de jersey  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 04:28:39 AM »
Given how far behind the continent of Africa is behind on most of everything in life, the fact that they can produce players and National teams to even be able to compete is achievement in itself.......I just don't think that there are any of the countries, even Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Algeria, etc., that have all the right ingredients to take a World Cup title just yet. 

I find it amazing that anybody could want to give Nigeria the supreme title of being the biggest World Cup busts in the last 20 years (or any time span, for that matter) when it have teams like Spain, Holland and France (YES, FRANCE!  Winning one WC where they were practically ushered in @ home doh make up for their other failings, including failure to even qualify in usa '90)....then again....I guess I should consider the source.

**********and lest we forget....there's always Portugal**********
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:27:27 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 08:42:03 AM »
An African team already won the World Cup! Unfortunately it did not count as it was an All Star African team and they used  three ineligible players. France 98! But they had three French men  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:07 AM »

Dependin on de terms and if is de terms I anticipate, I'll fly down jes fuh dat!  ;D

Let we negotiate....2 of yours for one of mine.... :devil: :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »
yes

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »
Roger Milla: 'Ghana and Ivory Coast are the teams to spring surprises'

"Why not, why can't an African team win it?" The prospect of an African triumph at next summer's World Cup may seem sheer fantasy to some but not to Roger Milla, who knows all about making dreams real on football's greatest stage.

Milla made the world smile two decades ago when, aged 38, he came out of his semi-retirement on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion to help propel exuberant Cameroon to the quarter-finals of Italia '90.

No African team had ever got so far and Milla, the supersub who scored four goals, became a global icon. The African-born Just Fontaine and Eusebio had won the Golden Boot with France and Portugal in previous World Cups but here was a genuine African superstar, whose hip-shuffling corner-flag celebrations were arguably even more memorable than his goals. "It just happened, it was a spontaneous thing," he explains, 19 years later – and why not break into dance when you've just brought joy to an entire continent?

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »
No!!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »
No!!

haha, funny you waited until after the draw to come to that conclusion eh  :devil:

After seeing it too..i say it go be tough..but ah still sticking to one making it to the semis  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »
Get ready for World Cup history to be made, as South Africa will become the first ever host nation that fails to advance from its group.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
I find it amazing that anybody could want to give Nigeria the supreme title of being the biggest World Cup busts in the last 20 years (or any time span, for that matter) when it have teams like Spain, Holland and France (YES, FRANCE!  Winning one WC where they were practically ushered in @ home doh make up for their other failings, including failure to even qualify in usa '90)....then again....I guess I should consider the source.

**********and lest we forget....there's always Portugal**********

Given that only 7 countries have ever won the FIFA Wrld Cup...Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, France & England it's a travesty to say that a country like Holland with a population of 16 million is a "bust" as opposed to Spain with 42 million people and France with 63 million and Nigeria with 151 million people

Countries like Uruguay & Holland overachieve in world football given their relatively small population base.

Of course, population alone doesn't count for performance in World Cup football or else China & India would have been super powers in the game.  But to say Holland is a bust is highly misleading and inaccurate in my opinion.  They consistently punch above their weight in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:26:19 PM by palos »

1]; } ?>