March 22, 2019, 08:35:33 PM

Author Topic: Death penalty for gays?  (Read 12334 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Death penalty for gays?
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »
He rocket scientist, none of what you searched on tHe internet is new to me.  THE FACT IS RELIGION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SPREAD OF SCIENCE.

tHE FACT THAT THE SCIENTISTS HAPPENED TO BE MUSLIM IS SECONDARY TO THE POINT.

Anymore than the FACT that a Jew named Karl Marx gave the world communism.

Does that make Jews communists?
Ah guess that's why they call it the ISLAMIC Renaissance? You was the one who brought it up when yuh said that believers only crusade and proselytize while non believer brought science to the world.

so why is it when it comes to atheist then they get credited with scientific achievements, but when it's religious folks their religion has nothing to do with their scientific achievements? and this coming from ah fella who want tuh call ppl names!

ah notice that you are never graceful under fire, and would do anything to prove ah point.

i'm really tired of interacting wid you! i would have better luck talking to ah brick wall. just imagine , after all the evidence that i posted did nothing to sway your bias is proof enough that i should never hold court wid you ever again.

imagine the nerve to say BC they were muslims their scientific achievements had nothing to do with islam. as a matter of fact , their religion only comes into play when it's about unsavory behavior.

the quran plainly encourage muslim to study and ponder the creation, and it's only BC muhammad instructed and encourage his followers to study and seek knowledge even if it take you to china, was when arabs particularly muslims started translating the greek text, but no, that  had nothing to do with islam!

as guess that's why bagdad ah predominantly muslim society and the seat of the RELIGIOUS caliphate wid all RELIGIOUS muslim scholars and thinkers was the epi center of learning with men writing hundreds of books on science AND RELIGION ?? TIMBUKTU AS WELL.     :joker: :loser:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

Just Cool, it is not the non-believers who want people to drop their faith and beliefs.

Rather it is the believers who try to make believers out of us!

We have no churches, no religion, no evangelists, no crusades.  Just science that makes lives better and longer.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:58:17 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2010, 01:02:00 AM »
what evidence joker?  Yuh more full ah more shit dan a out door shit house that was just visited by a fat man convention after dey eat bad curry.

Yuh clueless and joking.

Yuh too damn lie, Arabic scholars were around long before the Europeans even crawled out of caves.  The fact the they were converted to Islam is what you carrying on about.

The Koran had nutten to do with the translation of greek texts....What came with the Kora was the Dark Ages!  And these days the same Muslims trying to bring back de dark ages.  Destroying art, banning people from living life as they want, bombing people, killing in the name of God..fack dat...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2010, 06:41:33 AM »
what evidence joker?  Yuh more full ah more shit dan a out door shit house that was just visited by a fat man convention after dey eat bad curry.

Yuh clueless and joking.

Yuh too damn lie, Arabic scholars were around long before the Europeans even crawled out of caves.  The fact the they were converted to Islam is what you carrying on about.

The Koran had nutten to do with the translation of greek texts....What came with the Kora was the Dark Ages!  And these days the same Muslims trying to bring back de dark ages.  Destroying art, banning people from living life as they want, bombing people, killing in the name of God..fack dat...
What scholars?? the arabs was ah nomadic barbaric ppl!! it was islam that put the arabs on the map, they may have had one or two scholars, every nation did , but what happened to the arabs after the advent of islam was no fluke!! imagine thousands of ppl flocking to bagdad right after the advent of islam seeking scientific knowledge and you think islam had nothing tuh do wid that!! so why in the fack they called it the islamic renaissance/ golden ages? yuh dope!!!

yuhs one of the most disgruntled asswipes i've ever met in ah long while!  first off yuh said, religious ppl had nothing tuh contribute to the world scientifically, then when further evidence came yuh jump on the tip of, not BC they were religious means their religion had anything tuh do wid their accomplishments, then when evidence of that came, yuh gone on the tip of, there were scholars before the religion arrived!! yuh eh see yuhs ah real forkin stinkin devil!!!!!!!!!

now iz , the quran had nothing to do wid the translation of the greek text! but if the same quran didn't urge them to seek knowledge and study the creation, they would have no desire tuh gravitate to the text in order tuh translate it yuh wicked battyhole!!!

is the same muhammad who brought the backward arabs the quran who told them tuh seek knowledge even if it takes you to china! yuh know what ? fack it i dun wid you! stay in yuh forkin ignorance for all i care! it's senseless talking to you! i would have better luck wid ah mudda c@nt donkey, so lem me save meh electricity! 

you just like the ass that was carrying books, no matter how much knowledge on yuh back, it avail yuh naught!! that's BC yuh lack understanding, and yuh have no desire to aqquire it! you feel yuhs an authority on every subject, when in reality you're as dunce as ah forkin mule!!!!! :frustrated: :banginghead:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2010, 08:06:50 AM »
Ok Just Cool take win!  I surrender.  You are absolutely right.  Islam the religion gave us great scientific discoveries, they have greatly enriched this world. 

Now why isn't the same religion bringing us great scholars?  The advent of the internet, worldwide collaboration in medical science, space travel, crop manipulation to help ease hunger, mechanical engineering, etc. and all they can export is suicide bombers?

Allyuh go soon increase the GDP of Yemen through the exportation of terrorists and murderers.

Nice going, as you rightly asserted, we are once again living in an Islamic Golden age.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
Ok Just Cool take win!  I surrender.  You are absolutely right.  Islam the religion gave us great scientific discoveries, they have greatly enriched this world. 

Now why isn't the same religion bringing us great scholars?  The advent of the internet, worldwide collaboration in medical science, space travel, crop manipulation to help ease hunger, mechanical engineering, etc. and all they can export is suicide bombers?

Allyuh go soon increase the GDP of Yemen through the exportation of terrorists and murderers.

Nice going, as you rightly asserted, we are once again living in an Islamic Golden age.

Yuhs ah kinda nut or what!! this is the kinda subjective bullsh!t i'll expect from someone like one of dem fresh water canadian boys! :justkidding: but from you??!! ah man who comes accross as an avid reader and thinker with ah birds eye world view?

pardener we all know that the middle east holds 2/3 of the world's oil and it's one of the poorest regions in the world! their rulers are corrupt and they are well protected by the west!

the ppl have no way to rebel or over throw their diabolical leaders BC the western power offers them protection. most countries in the mid east were victims of western manipulation and disstablization, and these ppl know that all too well.

all the madness and what we see today is ah media world view, i guess if you was ah man that was truly open minded and was interested in the truth, then you would know the real story! if you used tuh listen to ah different point of view rather than popular ones then you may have understood the plot.

there's no reason for a man your age to be so out of it! if yuh listen to stations like npr and pacifica radio WBAI then yuh might have ah better understanding of what is taking place on our planet. 

BTW buddy, i don't need tuh win nutten, after all, this eh no damn competition. i was under the impression that ppl came on here to exchange ideas and lime ah little, if i need tuh win something it certainly won't be here! i fully well know where to go if i wanted tuh win something worth while.

truetrini

« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
There is no doubt some merit to what you are saying, however that religion makes it easy for those situations to exist.  The despotic rulers are definitely backed by the West.  The religious leaders, are financed by the same despotic rulers who allow them some autonomy.  So therein lies the real problems.

Instead of the people having the religious leaders to help them throw off the mantle of subjugation, they are force fed shit under the guise of Allah!

Those religious leaders open schools who teach nothing but the Koran and radicalism, sponsored by thew Saudi government to spread Wahabism.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, and many other places are breeding holes for terrorists.

The West is indeed culpable but so are the mullahs and Imams.  They send young men to certain death calling them martyrs when they are nothing but murderers.

Islam does NOTHING to promote science, they in fact are anathema to science.  They destroy art calling it graven images, centuries old landmarks are destroyed in the name of God.  They have very little tolerance for other religions and say so openly.  They hate the western lifestyle while theirs is archaic, barbaric and downright sinister.

They invoke the name of God, while subjugating women and children for sexual exploitation.

Fack dem!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2010, 07:06:04 PM »
There is no doubt some merit to what you are saying, however that religion makes it easy for those situations to exist.  The despotic rulers are definitely backed by the West.  The religious leaders, are financed by the same despotic rulers who allow them some autonomy.  So therein lies the real problems.

Instead of the people having the religious leaders to help them throw off the mantle of subjugation, they are force fed shit under the guise of Allah!

Those religious leaders open schools who teach nothing but the Koran and radicalism, sponsored by thew Saudi government to spread Wahabism.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, and many other places are breeding holes for terrorists.

The West is indeed culpable but so are the mullahs and Imams.  They send young men to certain death calling them martyrs when they are nothing but murderers.

Islam does NOTHING to promote science, they in fact are anathema to science.  They destroy art calling it graven images, centuries old landmarks are destroyed in the name of God.  They have very little tolerance for other religions and say so openly.  They hate the western lifestyle while theirs is archaic, barbaric and downright sinister.

They invoke the name of God, while subjugating women and children for sexual exploitation.

Fack dem!

It's quite clear that you have ah big beef wid religion, particularly ISLAM ! , but if yuh willing to be totally unbias then you would see the real. every thing that i bolded in red iz ah real superficial point of view, and comes over as real meat and potatoish!!

the truth is, these fellas eh doing shyte in the name of Allah, BC what they're doing is anti islamic for the most part! most of what they do is their own nasty backward culture that Islam tried to take them away from. 

as for sending young men to their deaths in the name of martyrdom? that still has nothing tuh do wid islam. if you read the life of muhammad then you would see that he was ah strategist and not a hot head, he never risk lives unnecessarily, he also picked his battles and often opted for treatise and not war!

these hot head emotional middle easterners do not! and i repeat, do not represent islam in it's purest sense.

BTW, the west also send young vibrant men to their deaths as well, but in the name of wealth under the guise of freedom and the eradication of terror! but i don't ever remember hearing you mention anything about that!

the oil in the caspian sea, the pipe line that would some day run straight through afganistan! the oil and gold in iraq, and soon to be the congo where there's a rare mineral that would make uranium seem as priceless like sea sand, would soon be on the menu!

as for islam doing nothing to promote science, my boy, doh make yuh self look silly again nah! ah beg yuh. islam and islamic leaders @ the inception of al islam always encouraged learning.

in the quran there are tons verses of references that beckon the believers to study the creation, muhammad encouraged learning and call for ppl tuh travel and seek knowledge! the omayards and abbasid's were fully in support of sciences and they set up bagdad as the center of learning, especially in the field of science and medicine!

it's was only until the ottoman empire took over and the mongols conquered the muslims, that aspect of islam has suffered. but some of the world's greatest scientist of that time came out of islamic spain and bagdad.

even in mali(timbuktu to be exact) there were scientist and religious scholars who were immersed in science and learning! and @ one time they had the biggest library in the world.

so for you to say islam does nothing to promote science iz just wrong! what you should say is today's wahibism and radicalism sect of islam, who happens to be the majority is giving islam ah bad name@

FYI for every 2 muslim who supports this backward view of islam have one who don't! but like i said, the majority are the wahabi's, and together wid muhammad ibin wahab and gengiskhan, is lam was well destroyed together with it's glorious image that it once had as world leaders and trend setters.

truetrini

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »
Just cool, I hear you loud and clear.    But that SILENT majority you talking about that really f**king pisses me off.  The two dat aginst the one should open dey facking mout and say something.

Instead they stay silent and do nutten,  why?  Becasue I feel dey beleive is the right ting dem terror monrels doing.

I have a prblem with Islam, Buddhist, Catholics, ANglicans Christiand, all ah facking dem

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2010, 08:34:14 PM »
Just cool, I hear you loud and clear.    But that SILENT majority you talking about that really f**king pisses me off.  The two dat aginst the one should open dey facking mout and say something.

Instead they stay silent and do nutten,  why?  Becasue I feel dey beleive is the right ting dem terror monrels doing.

I have a prblem with Islam, Buddhist, Catholics, ANglicans Christiand, all ah facking dem
That's not true! these fellas like usama and the taliban killed enough moderates tuh fill ah whole country. that's why sadam and the saudi's wanted them iradicated ( taliban and all the other radical wahabi sects)!

even though the saudi's are wahabi's them selves, they still want tuh travel tuh vagas and monte carlo tuh gamble while enjoying the same things they forbid @ home and these wahabi's hardliners are fully aware of their habbits and want them gone.

when i went to suadi arabia, most of the fellas i met there wanted tuh leave and come to the west tuh play they self. i was shocked tuh see how a lot of these ppl were so unislamic in their views.

it have nuff muslims who hate and abhor what the radicals are doing, thus giving the faith a bad name! but they are afraid tuh speak up for fear of death or imprisonment! and not BC they are in favor.

the moderates in the west have ah better chance of making their feelings felt, that's BC they are protected by western democracy and rightfully so!

truetrini

« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2010, 08:44:19 PM »
I can understand not talking up in places run by mullahs, but in the West?  And those who sponsor the Wahabi shit...dem Saudis...dem is de wuss.

Moderates in all dem Islamic countries does get jailed for being not Islamic enough  lol

Keep dat religion...and dem fowl f**kers in the west doh say enough...littel shit here and there.  sorry I doh buy what yuh saying.

But ah eh giving de christians a free pass either...look how is ah Holy war like de crusades all over again.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/secret-jesus-bible-codes-on-u-s-military-weapons-17700769

what yuh think about this shit?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »
I can understand not talking up in places run by mullahs, but in the West?  And those who sponsor the Wahabi shit...dem Saudis...dem is de wuss.

Moderates in all dem Islamic countries does get jailed for being not Islamic enough  lol

Keep dat religion...and dem fowl f**kers in the west doh say enough...littel shit here and there.  sorry I doh buy what yuh saying.

But ah eh giving de christians a free pass either...look how is ah Holy war like de crusades all over again.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/secret-jesus-bible-codes-on-u-s-military-weapons-17700769

what yuh think about this shit?
Dah eh no big deal!! these muslims need tuh stop acting so soft. after all, muslims does give out qurans in the west. it's just ah case of do so eh like so. in the quran it have ah verse in sura 2 bakarah ( the cow) VS 256 there is NO compulsion in religion, the right way is indeed distinct from error.

for the life of me i don't know what wrong wid some ppl, in palestine, turkey, bagdad, syria, and spain centuries ago muslims christians and jews lived side by side in peace worshiping god in their own temples without strife.

i believe this is the crusades all over again, and we have regan , papa bush, nixon and baby bush tuh thank for that.

truetrini

« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
giving out Korans is not an issue.  Writing Biblical inscriptions on weapons used by the US Military is!  That makes the war religious.  (waiting on someone to say nah it does not etc.)  But anyone with common sense can see what the intent is.

Christians versus Muslims...when both sides dealing in mythology.  It real funny to tell the truth.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2010, 05:54:59 AM »
TC, i admire your attempts to enlighten a bunch of dummies. thing is they all living in a society that is the product of science and is idiot-proof enough to tolerate the inherently anti-scientific ignorance of religion. they could read their religious text and pretend that they devotely believe in it and when they sick, go to the hospital and get the best care that science provides. they will never experience a true test of their so-called faith knowing that they always have the safety net of science.
So ribbit what do you do when you are sick and in need of dire medical care? Put your hand up or on the qoran and ask to be healed and how does that work for you? Truth is that faith does take a back seat to science as soon as it becomes crunch time. JC I disagree with the "yuh was born gay syndrome" I think that social and environmental factors could have aided yuh gayness but to say that a guy was born that way. I have yet to see or meet a gay person who under scrutiny didnt have compelling factors as to why they are gay. Im not talking about the flamers here. They choose that lifestyle. Because they choose it doesnt mean i have to accept it. Its a proven fact tru comparison that humans teeth unlike other animals was designed to chew roots and stalks vs bones and flesh but that doesnt stop anyone from eating meat. Do I have to deal with a meat eater like a regular human yeh I do. But dont try to change or rationalize the fact of what is. But then again science proved that shit about the teeth so we could just wait to see it in a holy book somewhere. Wait coming to think of it they did say something about herbs bearing seed and fruits. coming back on topic. I would not say death to gays unless we also say death to colonialism in all forms because to me that is worse than being gay. Since that not happening then let de gay man males handle their business.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2010, 06:18:33 AM »
TC, i admire your attempts to enlighten a bunch of dummies. thing is they all living in a society that is the product of science and is idiot-proof enough to tolerate the inherently anti-scientific ignorance of religion. they could read their religious text and pretend that they devotely believe in it and when they sick, go to the hospital and get the best care that science provides. they will never experience a true test of their so-called faith knowing that they always have the safety net of science.
So ribbit what do you do when you are sick and in need of dire medical care? Put your hand up or on the qoran and ask to be healed and how does that work for you? Truth is that faith does take a back seat to science as soon as it becomes crunch time. JC I disagree with the "yuh was born gay syndrome" I think that social and environmental factors could have aided yuh gayness but to say that a guy was born that way. I have yet to see or meet a gay person who under scrutiny didnt have compelling factors as to why they are gay. Im not talking about the flamers here. They choose that lifestyle. Because they choose it doesnt mean i have to accept it. Its a proven fact tru comparison that humans teeth unlike other animals was designed to chew roots and stalks vs bones and flesh but that doesnt stop anyone from eating meat. Do I have to deal with a meat eater like a regular human yeh I do. But dont try to change or rationalize the fact of what is. But then again science proved that shit about the teeth so we could just wait to see it in a holy book somewhere. Wait coming to think of it they did say something about herbs bearing seed and fruits. coming back on topic. I would not say death to gays unless we also say death to colonialism in all forms because to me that is worse than being gay. Since that not happening then let de gay man males handle their business.
Where yuh really coming from pardner?? BC i kinda confused. but while we on the subject allow me tuh ask one question. how many gays yuh know? and of the ones yuh know , how many of them yuh closely associate with?

FYI , i have a couple of gay relatives, and me and ah few ppl in the family does vibes them up BC they all alone in the world, yuh dun know how homophobic we english speaking self righteous west indians can be, so me and ah few women in my family does stay connected to them.

i had the opportunity tuh reason wid them fellas, and after listening to them and putting meh self in their position, i came to the realization that them boys eh have shyte tuh do with their sexuality! they born so they born so they born so!!!!!! take bible and religion out yuh mind for ah minute, them fellas iz victims of the harsh realities of life!

after all, who would chose such ah miserable life for themselves?? most of these ppl don't live too long, that's BC most of them commit suicide or turn too drugs, those folks are some of the most undesirable ppl in the whole wide world !

and yes i take pity on them!! and i thank god he didn't give me that tough road to walk and you and other should be thankful as well!!

so instead of looking down on them, yuh should thank god for not giving you that burden to bare and take pity on the ppl that do have tuh bare that burden, and pray for the less fortunate rather than exalt yuh self and big up yuh chest BC the master chose ah easier road for you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:25:45 AM by just cool »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
Where yuh really coming from pardner?? BC i kinda confused. but while we on the subject allow me tuh ask one question. how many gays yuh know? and of the ones yuh know , how many of them yuh closely associate with?

FYI , i have a couple of gay relatives, and me and ah few ppl in the family does vibes them up BC they all alone in the world, yuh dun know how homophobic we english speaking self righteous west indians can be, so me and ah few women in my family does stay connected to them.

i had the opportunity tuh reason wid them fellas, and after listening to them and putting meh self in their position, i came to the realization that them boys eh have shyte tuh do with their sexuality! they born so they born so they born so!!!!!! take bible and religion out yuh mind, them fellas iz victims of the harsh realities of life!

after all, who would chose such ah miserable life for themselves?? most of these ppl don't live too long, that's BC most of them commit suicide or turn too drugs, that's Bc are some of the most undesirable ppl in the whole wide world !

and yes i take pity on them!! and i thank god he didn't give me that tough road to walk and you and other should be thankful as well!!

so instead of looking down on them, yuh should thank god for not giving you that burden to bare and take pity on the ppl that do have tuh bare that burden, and pray for the less fortunate rather than exalt yuh self and big up yuh chest BC the master chose ah easier road for you.
let me help to clarify the confusion.
In this last post your sending mixed signals. You first say "born so". then you say "dem fellas iz victims of harsh realities of life" which sounds like social and environmental factors. I agree with this. In terms of burden given by God... Im not a subscriber in the God that hands out punishments because he cares about you Network.
I am by no means saying that people choose this however in a way they do choose when they give in. Its kinda like a suicide. Dont we all feel the pressure at times and think how good it would be to just go to sleep and not have to worry about anything but if we give in then we choose. So we fight on. Shit aint easy but we fight on. They too must deny what after time seems natural and not give in. Now as science has shown us there are some people born with 2 reproductive organs. Dem is de people I feel sorry for. Dem is de people who might be able to say that GOD or Mother nature dealt them an unfair hand. My verdict is still out on them. But if yuh aint born with a pumpum next to your piggy then Fight.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »
I just realized that I rambled on but never answered the question. I have met and known many people who turned gay, is gay and not gay but very feminine in my time. I do not have any gay cousins whom I speak to all the time and the fact that you do / might forces me to hush and listen as you tell about your insight in dealing with them. I was just voicing my opinion and impressions. Intrigued to hear what you have learnt that might disqualify what I think to be true which is "not born so" but "became so because of factors".
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »
I just realized that I rambled on but never answered the question. I have met and known many people who turned gay, is gay and not gay but very feminine in my time. I do not have any gay cousins whom I speak to all the time and the fact that you do / might forces me to hush and listen as you tell about your insight in dealing with them. I was just voicing my opinion and impressions. Intrigued to hear what you have learnt that might disqualify what I think to be true which is "not born so" but "became so because of factors".

when someone born with a hole in dey heart...environment?

Or with diabetes?

How about mental illness?

or lupus?

or blindness?

or a mongol?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2010, 07:17:54 AM »

Not quite Trinity .. look at this

National Post - January 20, 2010 - Editorial

We should express gratitude and encouragement to 20 imams in Canada and the United States who recently came together and issued a fatwa — or religious ruling — against Muslims conducting attacks against North America. The fatwa, organized by Calgary imam Syed Soharwardy, was in response to the failed Christmas Day bomb attack against an American airliner, in Canadian airspace, by Nigerian Muslim Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.

For too long, Muslim communities in the West have issued only pro forma condemnations when acts of barbarous terror were committed in their name. Even to those inclined to give every Muslim citizen the full benefit of the doubt, it was sometimes hard to ignore the unfortunate habit of Muslim faith leaders to spend far more time reacting to relatively minor incidents of Islamophobia than criticizing the individuals, groups and indeed states that carried out or supported violent acts in the name of Islam. For that reason, the decision of these 20 spiritual and community leaders to speak publicly against those who’d do violence to their home and fellow citizens is long overdue, but no less welcome for it.

Early report here:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/holy-post/archive/2010/01/09/imams-issue-fatwa-against-terrorists.aspx

On the other hand, many feel that Syed Soharwardy, the imam who organized the fatwa is a bigot and it will take more than this fatwa to convince them that he truly stands behind this latest statement.  Here is one such opinion:

http://jesseferreras.blogspot.com/2009/05/syed-soharwardy-issues-fatwa-on-taliban.html

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »
pecan, that is small thing.  Later on you willsee that at least 3 of them Imams contributing or communicating with some terror suspect soemwhere!

Even if 20 speak out in Canada or the USA or England that is NOT enough.  Chatting once a while when interviewd is not enough.  They need to be much more vocal as they see their beloved religion being destroyed...not so?

Dey too facking quiet..fack dem and dat religion

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:14 AM »
pecan, that is small thing.  Later on you willsee that at least 3 of them Imams contributing or communicating with some terror suspect soemwhere!

Even if 20 speak out in Canada or the USA or England that is NOT enough.  Chatting once a while when interviewd is not enough.  They need to be much more vocal as they see their beloved religion being destroyed...not so?

Dey too facking quiet..fack dem and dat religion

I tend to agree with you, but at least it may represent a start. Too few speak out against what is wrong with Islam.  They have a few in Canada who have spoken publicly such as:

Irshad Manji - The Trouble with Islam Today She is an outspoken Muslim who challenges mainstream Islam.

Tarek Fatah - Chasing a Mirage: The Tragic Illusion of
an Islamic State

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »

Or with diabetes?

or lupus?

or blindness?

or a mongol?

While there always remains the "X" factor the unexplainable... more and more discoveries are made that shows relativity to the habits of the human. Too much sugar over time causes diabetes. Generation or 4 and thats a small household name. Couple more generations and people talking bout it genetic. I agree. It was my peoples and their genes who was doing whatever they were doing that made me susceptible to the birth defects. In the current world not even the ancestors anymore My dad might have been a crack head and as a result of those foreign chemicals coming in, it triggered a reaction that resulted in a number of proven diseases. Also My dad may have liked too many canned products, played in too much oil, worked the coal-mines, worked the trains, inhale too many pesticides, Flit. The human lives a toxic filled life and everybody make-up and tolerances are generally the same but locally different. Summed up for a lot of diseases mentioned it could be the results of "The sins of the father". Mongols (inbreeding)... still sins of the father. This includes the father who touching his daughter. That can make her trip, chemicals get imbalanced and before yuh know it she gone crazy or worse she tun killer.
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »

Or with diabetes?

or lupus?

or blindness?

or a mongol?

While there always remains the "X" factor the unexplainable... more and more discoveries are made that shows relativity to the habits of the human. Too much sugar over time causes diabetes. Generation or 4 and thats a small household name. Couple more generations and people talking bout it genetic. I agree. It was my peoples and their genes who was doing whatever they were doing that made me susceptible to the birth defects. In the current world not even the ancestors anymore My dad might have been a crack head and as a result of those foreign chemicals coming in, it triggered a reaction that resulted in a number of proven diseases. Also My dad may have liked too many canned products, played in too much oil, worked the coal-mines, worked the trains, inhale too many pesticides, Flit. The human lives a toxic filled life and everybody make-up and tolerances are generally the same but locally different. Summed up for a lot of diseases mentioned it could be the results of "The sins of the father". Mongols (inbreeding)... still sins of the father. This includes the father who touching his daughter. That can make her trip, chemicals get imbalanced and before yuh know it she gone crazy or worse she tun killer.

I read your responses to my questions and I realize that you are blinded by hate(?) disgust(?) or you just don't want to admit it can be genetic.

Maybe you can explain why there are gay animals? Inbreeding?  too much pollution?  maybe it is the sins of the father, like a father lion ate too many zebras so his first born son doh mess with de lionesses and dem?

Or the gay duck, he might have blown too many bubbles in the pond?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »
So ribbit what do you do when you are sick and in need of dire medical care? Put your hand up or on the qoran and ask to be healed and how does that work for you? Truth is that faith does take a back seat to science as soon as it becomes crunch time.

davidephraim, de point ah making is de notion of religious faith in de west cyah be taken seriously. in particular, dis notion have many fairweather fren. when push come to shove, "christians" in de west head for science. if de test of a christian is one of faith, then de so-called "christians" in de western world eh able.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »

Or with diabetes?

or lupus?

or blindness?

or a mongol?

I read your responses to my questions and I realize that you are blinded by hate(?) disgust(?) or you just don't want to admit it can be genetic.

Maybe you can explain why there are gay animals? Inbreeding?  too much pollution?  maybe it is the sins of the father, like a father lion ate too many zebras so his first born son doh mess with de lionesses and dem?

I've often heard of gay animals, but i always thought it was rubbish, not saying i don't buy it , but no one ever came wid facts. can you post some conclusive evidence.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »

Or with diabetes?

or lupus?

or blindness?

or a mongol?

I've often heard of gay animals, but i always thought it was rubbish, not saying i don't buy it , but no one ever came wid facts. can you post some conclusive evidence.
check this out
http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/life_sciences/report-72574.html
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2010, 06:16:51 AM »
So ribbit what do you do when you are sick and in need of dire medical care? Put your hand up or on the qoran and ask to be healed and how does that work for you? Truth is that faith does take a back seat to science as soon as it becomes crunch time.

davidephraim, de point ah making is de notion of religious faith in de west cyah be taken seriously. in particular, dis notion have many fairweather fren. when push come to shove, "christians" in de west head for science. if de test of a christian is one of faith, then de so-called "christians" in de western world eh able.

Well I feel you and my reference was mostly about the west. But I've been to the East and though I have seen many a faith rich person it seems we all tend to seek the help of the medical system as soon as it looks like "GOD" can't handle the problem or handles it fast enough.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2010, 06:31:13 AM »

Or with diabetes?

or lupus?

or blindness?

or a mongol?

Not blinded but yes disgusted. Disgusted with the fact that mankind blames all his problems on either God or de Devil. If is a good problem then it was God and if by chance unfavorable then well... it was the devil. Several things that we do affect us and we hate to claim. We are great at diverting the blame to unseen forces. I was walking and fell today... it must have been that dirty old gravity playing tricks on me... might it have been me starring at the lovely ladies whilst going over the big stone that tripped me in the first place. surely. Had I navigated better might I have been more successful. probably. Now addressing the Gay Duck or the inbreeding or a serial killer... We were born with WILL. Could our will not have prevented us from giving into picking up the chainsaw to massacre the girls cheer-leading team or from having sex with my sister or wonder what it would feel like if Bruno and I went down to the pond together. Whilst I maintain that there will always be an X factor which is probably hidden in the inhibitory gland and the inhibitory process for the most part we are in control and need to apply more of our God given abilities and keep ourselves whole.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2010, 08:39:04 AM »
Scott Lively on CBC - The Current

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/current_20100113_25752.mp3

Written response by Scott Lively in the Post today

Pastor defends himself against ‘homosexualist smear’

Re: The Seeds Of Hatred, John Moore, Jan. 12. In all of my years of being maligned by homosexualists, John Moore’s column takes the prize for the most poisonous. In a column dripping with vitriol, accompanied by a shocking photo of two boys being executed in Iran, I was painted as a truly evil figure: the instigator of the death penalty provision in Uganda’s pending anti-homosexuality bill, a peddler of blood-libel against helpless gays and a supporter of the Nazi Party (based on my co-authorship of the history text The Pink Swastika: Homosexuality in the Nazi Party).

Mr. Moore pretended a familiarity with my work that lent an air of credibility to his analysis, but in truth he never called me to check his facts, and obviously hasn’t read my books.

How does one respond to this kind of smear? It’s like the old tar-baby “Have you stopped beating your wife yet?,” a rhetorical trick designed to box an opponent into a defensive posture. No, I did not advocate for the death penalty for homosexuals in Uganda. No, I don’t engage in blood libel against homosexuals. No, I don’t support the Nazi Party. Can such denials, however truthful, ever unpoison the well? My best hope in these Orwellian days of force-fed, pro-gay propaganda by media, government and academia is that readers will have already dismissed the column as just more of the same.

For those readers wanting to investigate the matter further, my books may be read online without charge. These include Redeeming the Rainbow: A Christian Response to the Gay Agenda that was the basis for my talks in Uganda and The Pink Swastika, co-authored by Orthodox Jewish researcher Kevin Abrams. The honest investigator will discover what I already know by painful experience: John Moore is a malicious deceiver.

Scott Lively

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
considering the dont ask, dont tell debate
a couple poignant cartoons                                                 and this is THE BEST
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)