April 25, 2024, 04:07:53 AM

Author Topic: Warner wants more $$ for T&T football  (Read 4544 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner wants more $$ for T&T football
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:51:15 PM »
Warner wants more $$ for T&T football

Football Federation Special Advisor Jack Warner says unless the local body gets further financial support in 2010, it could be forced to turning to volunteerism in the area of coaching of the national teams. As he expressed his wishes for the entire sporting fraternity for 2010, Warner said it was obvious that even in spite of T&T’s failure to get to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, the events and exploits of the “Soca Warriors” will continue to be close to the hearts of T&T nationals and other international fans, but the cost of funding the national teams on the world stage are becoming more challenging. He hinted that more news on the coaching staff for the senior team would be revealed by mid-January. Russell Latapy’s initial tenure as head coach was slated to run until the end of the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

“We had a meeting two weeks ago to look at various technical staffs but the underlying factor has been and continues to be funding. Who will pay for the staff for these teams,” Warner asked. “The salaries we have been paying, there is nobody who will do this. Unless we get some guarantor, some firm or government who will pay these salaries, we will have to go back to basics where volunteers will do this for the good of the game. And that is the guided principle we will go by,” he said. Warner said he will be meeting with the TTFF with a view of coming to a decision by the second week in January. Looking back on 2009, Warner felt there was still a lot about which T&T could be proud.

“I believe we have a lot to be thankful for. This is a country though where thanks is a bad word. With limited resources we were able to qualify for the Fifa Youth World Cup in Egypt and we surely didn’t leave there embarrassed. We were able to hold our heads high. “Regarding the senior team we all knew it would be an uphill battle and we were playing with an ageing team which meant we would have had to be a bit lucky to reach South Africa. We experienced some problems and we must be able to say we have learned from the experience. But we qualified for the last six which is still an achievement. For me also, Joe Public has been a dream come true and they are a leading example for other clubs in Trinidad. We will also send our head coach Derek King on a coaching course in France.”

Warner had his wishes for 2010. “I wish the sporting fraternity will get many more benefits from the Ministry of Sport and the Sport Company. I wish they will spend less money in administration and more on the sport itself. I wish they would take the flag down and put up pictures of national heroes throughout the country and all over the stadiums and so inculcate values in sportsmen and young people. I hope they would realise that the sporting associations throughout the country need more support and of course hopefully the Sports Ministry can also realise that the country would need more support in hosting the Fifa Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2010,” Warner concluded.

guardian

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner wants more $$ for T&T football
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:55:30 AM »
I agree with Mr.Warner..

If we can waste half ah billion dollars on 2 HUMUNGUS pointless symposiums then d govt should have no problem forking out small change for TNT football....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 07:10:48 AM »
When he was 2 b focusin n d football he was studyin UNC buziness. Now he should b campaignin 4 Kamla he beggin 4 money. D yr now strt Jack whey d a/cs 4 2009. Should yuh not b preparin dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
Correction..

"Warner wants more $$ for he pocket"....steups...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
jack boy.  yuh reach de tiefin limit.  no more money ent giong an come een for you to tief without a coach.  bess groden and yuh boys get into a new scheme, and low de football.  let sancho and shaka and dem boys try a ting 4 a while.  i know yuh love de football deep down in yuh heart and yuh see nobody ent schopid enuff to pay allyuh coaches for allyuh.  ah mean, what is camps and dem function? why people payin money at the gate?  low de football jack...the public go rally round the football again as soon as yuh tiefin crew leave.  all of dem.  no spies and infiltrators.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
Correction..

1st cosign of 2010
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »
Correction..

1st cosign of 2010

DITTO!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:52:59 AM »
Jack should try a ponzi scheme now...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »
Jack should try a ponzi scheme now...

Jack is a ponzi scheme

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
Sepp Blatter congratulates Joe Public
Warner happy with club’s triumph
Trinidad Guardian 14th December 2009

“Joe Public will strengthen its team a little. We must not become swell headed because of this success. We must not believe that this has made us superstars because it’s far from that. We have to look at our weaknesses and improve on them. Joe Public is not going through a recession like the country is or like other clubs have been going through. That is the nice thing about Joe Public,” Warner concluded.

Well Mr. Warner since the country is going through a recession & Joe Public is not, why not let Joe Public fund the National Team, why are you asking the Country for more $$$$$.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
remember that at club level man

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:30 AM »
remember that at club level man

You are missing the point, the fact is he said the Country is in recession, do you not know what recession means, if Jack was already unhappy with what he claims the govt was contributing to football before the recession, how in heaven's name can they now give more in recession time(& remember Jack is the one who said the country is in recession).

The question we should be asking is why is it that the country must always finance football 100%. Cricket has a home & as far as I am aware they do not rely on the govt 100%. What about the other sporting bodies, we hear them going out to represent the country but you rarely hear them griping about govt support, we must ask ourselves why this is so.
FIFA is the richest sports body in the world & gives money to their affiliates yearly, where does T&T's portion go, is it used to pay Camps & Groeden, Why is it that T&T football does not have its own home complete with training centre et al, & don't tell me that Centre Of Excellence is the home, because we know that it is Jack's.
It is time we tell Jack where to get off, like Weary said earlier, where are the Accounts for 2009, but you already want more money. Jack just want money without accountability. You eh hear Panday say that since he ask Jack to account for the millions he collect for UNC campaign during election 2007, Jack get vex & decide that UNC need a change in the leadership, because Jack like money to count but he eh like to account.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »
everytime is some money talk with this warner  ... look how my 2010 start off ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »
 :-\ hpy new yr

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
Let's clear up something early in this thread.
The Gov't of T&T supports sport via the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SporTT):
Most sports in Trinidad and Tobago are governed by a national representative body, which is affiliated to an international body. For example, the NSO for football is the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, which is affiliated to FIFA.

NSOs are responsible for the administration of the sport/discipline in the country, including development and community activities, coach development and elite athlete identification and grooming. NSOs are the local repository for all information about a particular sport.

Some NSOs, because of their popularity and/or potential for athlete participation for Olympic or other international competition, are governed by the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago. Fourteen sports fall under the SPORTT. They are:

Football
Cricket
Basketball
Golf
Hockey
Tennis
Shooting
Swimming
Netball
Sailing
Volleyball
Table Tennis
Special Olympics

Notice that football is in the list. As long as there is a budget, a plan and accounting of the program as required by SporTT, then sports organizations get funding.

The reason you don't hear other sports organizations complaining is because they doing what they supposed to do.

Remember The Gov't Still Funds Football in T&T. But only the items that fall under the guidelines for funding.

More Sportt $$ for development
http://www.newsday.co.tt/features/0,113272.html

Hunt: $913,000 to TT Cricket Team
http://www.newsday.co.tt/politics/0,110164.html

“I pointed out that the practice between SPORTT and the TTCB is simply a case where the TTCB will submit on a monthly basis expenses incurred with supporting documents and SPORTT will reimburse accordingly so that there will be occasions when funds may be outstanding for payment”.

“In terms of cricket, the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs has provided over $14.4 million to the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board for development programmes, and this year alone $550,000 was spent on preparing our national team for the 2020 Champions League. In addition, the Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Development Company also contributed $100,000 to the team’s efforts.”

$357,785 for Rio Claro/ Mayaro sports
http://www.newsday.co.tt/politics/0,102877.html

SPORT EVENTS in the Rio Claro/Mayaro region from January 2008 to date have been sponsored to the tune of $357,785

$10M sports camps for children
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,103641.html

American swim coaches for Marlins programme
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,113185.html

Flatrock start big in Tyro football
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,110942.html
FLATROCK made a big start to the SPORTT-sponsored Tyro Sports Club Football League. They recently crushed Bosnia 4-1.

Doh get tie-up
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
Here what going on, see that first sentence in the report? That sentence is key. TRini 2014 will have to change to Trini 2018 or 2022. Warner just letting alyuh know he eh hiring no top class coach to get no team ready. So don't look forward to friendlies or preparation.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
" Yesterday is yesterday ..today is today " Jus like ah did support Panday den dooks den ramesh and now Kamla ah go tie up dem football fans wid anodder dotish comment.....
Yuh tink it easy wid me ?? ...long as I on de papers everyday I happy !!! now ah in de political section and ah have some views on crime...cricket....
is Me !!!

Jack of all trades .....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »
Here what going on, see that first sentence in the report? That sentence is key. TRini 2014 will have to change to Trini 2018 or 2022. Warner just letting alyuh know he eh hiring no top class coach to get no team ready. So don't look forward to friendlies or preparation.

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
Yuh save me rel typing dey Bitter. I see de headline....at first didnt bother to click..cuz i know wha it woulda have.

I come in...see de first 3 replies.....go to say someting...steups and close de window.

I come back...and yuh save me de trouble.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
Yuh save me rel typing dey Bitter. I see de headline....at first didnt bother to click..cuz i know wha it woulda have.

I come in...see de first 3 replies.....go to say someting...steups and close de window.

I come back...and yuh save me de trouble.

I say the same thing until I see rotatopoti post and I decide to end this nonsense before it get too far (hopefully, you can never tell on here)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
New Year...

Same BullShit
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 06:38:51 PM »
New Year...

Same BullShit

YUH DID EXPECT LESS EXPECT MORE

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »
Jack it is better to give than to receive

Time to pay up

Before asking or begging as it is in this case...... :devil:

Rastafari

Truth is true and true through truth

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
The government, private sector and public need to stop putting money into an organization that puts its own agenda above the good of the local game.  Time for a monetary boycott the TTFF, if you cut off the flow the vampires will leave.

If you want things to change then drastic measures are needed.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
ha i wonder what happen to the movement to get rid of camps i guess people give up 

you fans  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:37:55 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
The government, private sector and public need to stop putting money into an organization that puts its own agenda above the good of the local game.  Time for a monetary boycott the TTFF, if you cut off the flow the vampires will leave.

If you want things to change then drastic measures are needed.

Said dat since d blacklist

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
dat man so flippin passive aggressive is ah shame....

why doesn't open the TTFF books to show how money is being spent then maybe he might find somebody who sympathetic just maybe.....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 06:44:01 PM »
What does Buxo Potts and Warner have in common ? dey always asking Government for money and never feel they should  account for it ...
potts is a small time hustler , calling himself ah promoter without a cent in he pocket. He kyah even pay de salary of his own fighter much less another but he using what I will term de warner technique ...play on public sympathy ...it does work every time ...
De minister of sports brave enough to fund a flag for 2 million but he fraid Warner ! all politicians do !

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 03:04:37 PM »
ha i wonder what happen to the movement to get rid of camps i guess people give up 

you fans  :beermug:

Doh worry, things are happening undercover!

Part of the trick is the appearance of non-activity which means that the undercover plan is working!

Folks I saw the movie called Face-off for the second time last night and I came up with a devious plan to apparently keep Camps as president of the TTFF but we on here rather than Jack will be the ones pulling all the strings! Unfortunately we need a volunteer who is prepared to go under the knife and end up looking exactly like Camps which means being prepared to be disgusted with yourself for always looking half-drunk and senile! The beauty will be that Camps will now have a working brain and won’t need to consult Jack on everything to do to put more money in his pocket.
If the plan works well we could even try the same thing on JW but I doh think he dotish enough to fall for it if we invite him round for a drink like we can be confident we can do with Camps.

Allyuh PM me for more information but to give allyuh ah hint we need the services of a world class plastic surgeon for this plan to work! 

Any volunteers please PM me and Sam as I believe SAM will want to do the kidnapping and operation if no one else is qualified to do it! :mackdaddy:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:08:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>