March 28, 2024, 02:18:14 AM

Author Topic: Brazil star Ronaldinho doubtful for World Cup squad  (Read 8370 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Brazil star Ronaldinho doubtful for World Cup squad
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
He get leave out !

From Reuters

Soccer-Adriano, Ronaldinho left out of Brazil's World Cup squad

Tue, 11 May 17:18:00 2010
Buzz Up!

Striker Adriano and former World Player of the Year Ronaldinho were left out of the Brazil World Cup squad named by coach Dunga on Tuesday.

Playmaker Ronaldinho has not been picked for Brazil since April last year although an improved season with AC Milan had led to hopes of a recall for the finals in South Africa.

(Reporting by Pedro Fonseca; Editing by Ken Ferris

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11052010/2/soccer-adriano-ronaldinho-brazil-world-cup-squad.html

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
SAO PAULO — Ronaldinho, Adriano and Neymar have been left out of Brazil's preliminary World Cup squad.

Coach Dunga announced 23 players and will later Tuesday include seven others to complete the roster. Ronaldinho, Adriano and Neymar may be among the seven chosen, but would only be on standby in case of injuries.

Kaka, Robinho, Maicon and Julio Cesar were picked in the squad, but three-time FIFA player of the year Ronaldo and veteran left back Roberto Carlos were not included as expected.

Dunga is sticking to most of the players who helped Brazil win last year's Confederations Cup and finish first in South American World Cup qualifying.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-05-11-4102928665_x.htm

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »
Ronaldinho, Adriano out of Brazil's initial roster

By TALES AZZONI (AP) – 1 hour ago

SAO PAULO — Ronaldinho, Adriano and Neymar were left off Brazil's 23-player World Cup roster on Tuesday.

Coach Dunga was to announce seven others later Tuesday, completing the team's preliminary 30-man list, which was due to FIFA. The 23-man list doesn't have to be finalized until June 1.

Kaka, Robinho, Maicon and Julio Cesar made the cut, but three-time FIFA player of the year Ronaldo and veteran left back Roberto Carlos were not selected.

Dunga is sticking to most of the players who helped Brazil win last year's Confederations Cup and finish first in South American World Cup qualifying.

"These players are winners," Dunga said. "There is no doubt that they are prepared to help Brazil reach its goal. They are ready to give their best for the country."

One of the biggest surprises was the absence of Adriano, who had been constantly called up by Dunga in recent matches. But there had been doubts because of recent off-the-field problems that caused him to miss several training sessions with Flamengo.

"We gave Adriano numerous chances," Dunga said. "But it came to a time when we had to make a decision."

Wolfsburg's Grafite was called up to take Adriano's place.

Ronaldinho, a two-time FIFA player of the year, hadn't been called up for the national team since April 2009, but had been playing well this season with AC Milan.

Brazilian fans and local media had also been pushing for Dunga to summon Santos young sensations Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso, who have been among the top players in Brazil this year.

The 18-year-old forward Neymar has dazzled fans with his speed and balls skills, being called by many as the new Robinho. The 20-year-old Ganso, or Goose in Portuguese, attracted attention for his maturity and ability as a playmaker. Along with Robinho, they led Santos to more than 100 goals in some 30 matches this year.

"Some players are extremely talented, but we have to test them before taking them to a World Cup," Dunga said. "Maybe they are ready to play in a World Cup now, but maybe they are not."

Just three of the 20 are based in Brazil: Gilberto, Kleberson and Robinho.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j79mWU8vP7a8jRLdVIMdGiwh6NdQD9FKP0B80

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
Messsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »
Steups.

Anyhow..dis de provisional 23. I go wait and see if de final 23 have him before i start to cuss loud.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 02:06:20 PM »
This is a footballing tragedy
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 02:10:29 PM »
Adriano, Ronaldinho and Pato all left out. Pato is a major surprise for me, because up until his injury he was the leading scorer not only for Milan but in Italy.
Ronaldinho I expected because Dunga said as much long ago.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 09:07:25 PM »
Adriano, Ronaldinho and Pato all left out. Pato is a major surprise for me, because up until his injury he was the leading scorer not only for Milan but in Italy.

In Pato's case I heard it's a matter of chemistry ... Jekyll and Hyde

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 07:10:02 AM »

Could be, but strikers need to play and he has been injured. 12 goals in 20 games (until injury) eh nutten to snuff at, especially when none are penalties. Interesting note the Brazilian press is more up in arms that Neymar has not been selected more than any other non selection.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
Of the teams I've seen announced, something that's caught my eye this year moreso than in the past is the comparative breakdown of the 30 provisional players ... some DTs have opted for as many as 5 GKs, others the traditional 3 ... some have as many as 12-13 midfielders named ... others perhaps 8 ... of course, the fact that some national team resources are more extensive than others provides a partial explanation, but it's still very interesting to see how a coach's philosophy blends with his reality in deciding on how to compose the squad. To this end, Dunga has IMV really shown a commitment to his brand. Some guys ... other DTS  are clearly hedging bets constructed on experience, injury and fitness, positional versatility and their group stage opponents, among other things. With respect to the last item ... the question is what happens if/when they make it out of group play?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:49:33 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7n8KJP4CBI&amp;playnext_from=TL&amp;videos=-AwDAcJeKxM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-7n8KJP4CBI&amp;playnext_from=TL&amp;videos=-AwDAcJeKxM</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 09:07:53 PM »
I feeling to cry now.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 11:23:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7n8KJP4CBI&amp;playnext_from=TL&amp;videos=-AwDAcJeKxM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-7n8KJP4CBI&amp;playnext_from=TL&amp;videos=-AwDAcJeKxM</a>

great great video.

I feeling to cry now.

yea i went on de emotional rollercoaster dey too
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 07:39:19 AM »
Question: that move at about 8:28 in the video ... how long has it been around football?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »
Brazil criticized for Ronaldinho

JOHANNESBURG -- World Cup head organizer Danny Jordaan has criticized Dunga for leaving Ronaldinho out of his top picks for Brazil's tournament roster, saying some coaches are "blinded" by a sense of power.

Jordaan said Wednesday that Ronaldinho is a "soccer genius" who had talents "enjoyed by few in the game, both past and present."

Ronaldinho was selected for Brazil's 30-man provisional squad, but Dunga has made it clear the AC Milan player was not part of the main 23-man lineup he announced Tuesday. Ronaldinho likely will only play in the event of injuries to other players.

Jordaan said it was "sad and unfortunate" that the tournament would probably be without Ronaldinho, and that someone of Dunga's experience should have selected the midfielder "as a matter of course."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
Making noise bout it go jus make dunga more stubborn.
And even if he relent...he go look like he letting people dictate him.
Just hadda leave it so..as sad as it is. Unless somebody get injured....he eh go be dey.
And Brazil BETTER win...else it go have rel strife and turmoil.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 04:17:17 AM »
Sacrilege. Last time I saw him play for Brazil was against Italy, when he mash up de place. At least he in de provisional 30..hopefully someone get injured.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:19:28 AM by Ryan »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 04:25:09 AM »

To be fair, Pato is highly overrated, and iz not like he has done much in a Brazil shirt. 8 caps, 1 goal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 06:35:35 AM »
Brazil criticized for Ronaldinho

JOHANNESBURG -- World Cup head organizer Danny Jordaan has criticized Dunga for leaving Ronaldinho out of his top picks for Brazil's tournament roster, saying some coaches are "blinded" by a sense of power.

Jordaan said Wednesday that Ronaldinho is a "soccer genius" who had talents "enjoyed by few in the game, both past and present."

Ronaldinho was selected for Brazil's 30-man provisional squad, but Dunga has made it clear the AC Milan player was not part of the main 23-man lineup he announced Tuesday. Ronaldinho likely will only play in the event of injuries to other players.

Jordaan said it was "sad and unfortunate" that the tournament would probably be without Ronaldinho, and that someone of Dunga's experience should have selected the midfielder "as a matter of course."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Jordaan's thinking about tournament success and appeal from an organizer's viewpoint ... Dunga couldn't give a rat's ass (?) ... he's thinking about team cohesion and personal responsibility.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l46CkS-EDvQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l46CkS-EDvQ</a>

MILAN, May 15 (Reuters) - Ronaldinho said he was unsure if he would stay at AC Milan next term after scoring two goals in the Rossoneri's 3-0 win over Juventus in their final game of the season on Saturday. Inconsistent Milan will finish third in Serie A and coach Leonardo, very close to fellow Brazilian Ronaldinho, is leaving after just one season with a new coach yet to be identified. Asked if he was 100 percent sure he would be at Milan next season, in-form Ronaldinho told Sky TV: "I don't know."

The forward, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, smiled and then quickly walked away from the microphone.

The former world player of the year had previously been asked about being left out of Dunga's provisional Brazil World Cup squad.
"My reply is here, on the field. If what I have done this season is not sufficient to go with the national team, that is his decision and I respect him a lot," said the 30-year-old, who scored 12 Serie A goals this term.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/seriea/news/2010/05/15/LDE64E0DP.php
Pure Class.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:05:40 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »

To be fair, Pato is highly overrated, and iz not like he has done much in a Brazil shirt. 8 caps, 1 goal.

If at the age of 20, you was good enough to even be considered for the Brazilian Olympic football team, much less for the senior national team, I would hardly call yuh overrated, Padnah.  30+ goals in 76 appearances for AC Milan?  I am more inclined to believe it just may be a chemistry and maturation process than him being overrated.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »

how many minutes did he play in those 8 caps? 

My guess is not many. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>