March 28, 2024, 11:11:43 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-17 Women's Team Thread  (Read 50069 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Women's Championship Thread.
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2013, 05:24:04 AM »
Even if you accept that 9 players behind the ball would yield dividends versus the US, the players did not appear to have bought into it. They seemed like strangers to the concept.

In observing clips from the MEX-HAITI, JAM-SLV and US-TT encounters, the heading prowess of several players caught my attention. This is an area where distinctions between teams can widen any gaps that already exist between squads. In part, it played a role here.

When one takes a collectively defensive posture tactically, one also accepts a degree of responsibility/vulnerability for/to aerial play ... for/to driven balls ... for/to flighted balls. As such, conceding/responsiveness to corner kicks or being susceptible to long throws should be factored into the tactical orientation chosen.

Review the footage and observe how influential aerial play was on chances created on goal and on the goals converted. Veritable game changers.

Our GK looks to have promise. For better or worse, I hope to see the team "unleashed" to express itself in the matches ahead. Play our game.

On an individual level, across all the games, I saw some good technical ability demonstrated, but some poor tactical choices in the attacking third. Looking forward to seeing our technical ability on display. We have to trust that other teams will continue to make poor tactical choices as they attack.

Finally ... the opening goal by the US didn't come until 32'. What happened prior to that? Were we just lucky or was the tactical orientation effective for a third of the match?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:27:41 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2013, 08:00:08 AM »
Finally ... the opening goal by the US didn't come until 32'. What happened prior to that? Were we just lucky or was the tactical orientation effective for a third of the match?

http://www.concacaf.com/category/under-17s-women/game-detail/183932

The tires on the bus were still full however as the first half moved on the air in the tires started to deflate. To answer your question we were lucky that it was not 3-4 nil in the first 15 minutes.

We have nothing to lose against Canada. They will be gunning for us hard as they want first place in our group so goal differential may mean something if they can tie the USA. Now Canada can't count their chickens just yet however if we defend only gain today it will be just a matter of time before the flood gates open.

Play with heart today young Princesses and show the Canadian's that you can play football with the best of them !!!!!

Good luck ladies.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
This afternoon's match versus Canada. (Canada Sportsnet) 4:30 PM EST

http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-live/

Go Princesses Gooooooooooooooooooo

Cheers    19

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »
HALF-TIME: Canada Women’s U-17 leads T&T 7-0 at the CONCACAF Women’s U-17 Championship.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
Jesus!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2013, 04:09:47 PM »
We now down 10-0, with 15 minutes to go.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2013, 04:15:26 PM »
11-0. Forgetting about skill for a minute, our girls are just not as athletic and fit as their North American counterparts.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
11-0 is unacceptable in these modern times, the players was marking no one and the coach saying they tired and this was an experience but then de team will get scrap and then a month before they next game at de under 20 level (3 years ahead) they go get embarrass again and de cycle continues, Jack, Kee or Jacket, same curse.

This team just played a series of games about a month ago and they tired from de first 10 minutes.

Lard.

If de coach have them chasing de game off course they go get tired.

They not better than USA and Canada we know that, but the way de team playing really shows some coaching deficiencies.

I guess all them fast food restaurants in T&T now really showing up we players, Sundays use to be a family day and with good food, now is lime by KFC and TGIF while de kids in North America training hard, even if they parents doing it on their own in they backyard.

De parents in T&T is criminals, some of them, they need to get involved in they kids life.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:37:42 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
wow.......just wow
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »
Alarm bells should be ringing for all  entities attached / and involving all our soccer teams from here on in ....... what is it going to take  in order to fundamentally change the very manner in which our national  teams are sent to complete against top rated , well conditioned athletes  on the international stage.???.......   if its a lack of physical conditioning / fitness ... then more needs to be done  alot more ...  there is  no doubt  fundamentally a  different approach needs to be taken ...... this team  i'm sure possess talent  !!! my question is how well prepared are they ??? are they in top physical condition to that end  i have some serious reservation .....!! is anyone taking notes ......??   please please  mr and misses administrators of football  these are our  young people we're  talking about...  do the right thing by providing  the necessities  in order  that these young men and women can compete and be proud .of ....  is that too much to ask for?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Look Guatemala is doing to the USA what we should have done.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
11-0. Forgetting about skill for a minute, our girls are just not as athletic and fit as their North American counterparts.
      We can't identify any one thing that's wrong with this team,it's a combination of things,i think Tallman has hit the nail on the head with this line.

It's an epidemic is the country with our young sportsmen/women and in general our Youths,they don't like to run,can't run for long periods,don't like or enjoy training,because of this they are always tired or get tired quickly,can't train for long periods at a time,can't go the extra mile when it's necessary,it's a rear thing to see young peole training on their own,it must have someone there to push them.

If we can try and check in a game of Football the percentage of running a player does it will answer most of our questions,the little highlights i saw of the game with the US it was obvious to me that's a major problem we have,those girls can't even jump corners came in and the US players had no problems heading those balls.

Those of you who are athletes here will have experienced when you are unfit and playing sports nothing works,the Coach can give what instructions he want you can't carry it out,you know what to do but can't do it,in other words you just can't perform,i sympathize with these girls more so because they are young,experience like these will demoralize anyone,if they are not strong some may stop playing Football,could you imagine what their frinds in school or people on the streets will be saying to them.   

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Canada tops T&T, books CONCACAF Women’s U-17 semifinal spot
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »
Canada tops T&T, books CONCACAF Women’s U-17 semifinal spot
CONCACAF.com

Canada became the second team to earn a place in the 2013 CONCACAF Women’s Under-17 Championship semifinals, defeating Trinidad & Tobago 11-0 on Saturday at Catherine Hall Stadium.

The Canadians now have maximum points from their two Group B encounters and – at least temporarily – sit in first place over the United States, which plays Guatemala later in the evening.

Marie Mychele Metivier led the way with three goals, giving her a tournament-best five.  Marie Levasseur and Nadya Gill added two apiece for the second straight game.

It didn’t take long for the North Americans to open their goal account, as Metivier netted her first in only the seventh minute.  The 16-year-old, stationed on the left side of the box, received a cross from Sarah Kinzer and found the back of the net.

Seven minutes later, Emily Borgmann easily slotted home from eight-yards out after latching onto a cunning ball played over the top by the imposing Jessie Fleming.

In the 21st minute, Metivier grabbed her second of the game to make it 3-0.  Borgmann delivered a cross from the right that the left-sided attacker smashed in off the left post.

Fleming deservedly got her name on the scoresheet in the 36th minute, first-timing a right-sided cross from Levasseur past goalkeeper Nicoletee Craig from 13-yards out.

Before the interval would come to end, Canada tacked on three more goals.

Levasseur struck in the 41st and 42nd minutes.  She headed in the first off a cross from Metivier and, then, ran onto a through ball by Kinzer for the second.

As the half neared its conclusion, Borgmann capped off the remarkable performance by directing the ball into the goal with her body off a Rachel Jones cross from the left.

Realizing that goal difference could play a role in the group’s final table, Canada went right back to work in the second half.

The mercurial Metivier seized her hat-trick in the 54th minute, easily finishing from the edge of the six-yard box off a feed from Fleming.

Results

Canada 11  v  T&T 0
Metivier 7
Borgmann 14
Metivier 21
Fleming 36
Levasseur 41
Levasseur 42
Borgmann 45
Metivier 54
Borgmann 59
Gill 77
Gill 80

Teams

Canada: - 1.Rylee Foster; 2.Simmrin Dhaliwal, 3.Rachel Jones, 4.Karima Lemire, 6.Bianca St Georges, 7.Marie Levasseur, 8.Jessie Fleming, 9.Emily Borgmann (20.Nadya Gill 59th), 10.Sarah Kinzner (16.Sarah Stratigakis 57th), 11.Marie Metivier (13.Avery Lakeman 71st), 12.Easther Mayi Kith.

Unused Subs: - 18.Devon Kerr (GK), 5.Mika Richards, 14.Jenna Baxter, 15.Nadia Pestell, 17.Anyssa Ibrahim.

HEAD COACH: - Beverly Priestman.

Trinidad & Tobago: - 21.Nicolette Craig; 2.Tamara Johnson, 3.Renee Mike, 4.Natisha John, 5.Amaya Ellis, 7.Dennecia Prince, 8.Summer Arjoon (12.Khaline Jacob 78th), 9.Zoe Swift, 11.Eden Charles, 14.Chevonne John (17.Maya Matouk 46th), 15.Corel Carmichael (10.Jahra Thomas 64th).

Unused Subs: - 1.Rebecca Almandoz (GK), 6.Abishai Guy, 13.Chelsea Frederick, 16.Kelsey Henry, 18.Jasandra Joseph, 19.Chelcy Ralph.

HEAD COACH: - Marlon Charles.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HWWcDi9eamw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HWWcDi9eamw</a>
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:37:47 AM by Flex »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2013, 08:24:39 PM »
How many of our girls are foreign-based, I seem to have read something about some of them being from foreign?

I kinda knew we would have been beaten but not this bad, damn yo :(
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2013, 08:33:08 PM »
How many of our girls are foreign-based, I seem to have read something about some of them being from foreign?

Amaya Ellis (Defender)
Eden Charles (Midfielder)
Corel Carmichael (Forward)

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
The game was over before it started. Our ladies faces showed on of defeat during the anthem and handshakes.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Marlon charles are we hearing correctly  that the girls are /were  tired .....ok  mr marlon charles  who are the personnel responsible for the girls physical conditioning  in otherwords the people in charge of getting those girls in tip top condition for such a  grueling international competition ....... its world cup qualifying for crying out loud . lets get serious  here..!! isn't the coaching staff  also responsible  for ensuring those under their stewardship are fit and ready to compete ??  whose responsibilty is it mr marlon charles and company ??? we are looking for answers for such  poor performance by the recently crown caribbean champs ... i refuse to assign blame on these young ladies ..... something is seriously adrift  its plain to see ....  there's no doubt  these girls are not in top physical condition  hence the defensive approach taken by the coaching staff...... providing that not being the case,  then its time someone do the right thing and duely accept  responsibility for such a performance ... 19 goals in two (2) is utter madness ... i' hope i am wrong , but damn i hardly believe so..!!  coaching staff what's real deal here????  i'll apologise if i'm wrong ...

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »
Tallman and Coops on the ball.

USA and Canada have far more female players of an elite level to choose from. Both countries have about 100+ players training full time, about 5 days a week under some National guidance. Plus they have well developed leagues for this age group. Most State teams and Provincial teams in both countries will beat T&T easy.

Athletically we are way behind, just look at the games and you will see, better endurance, speed & power (jumping). Also technically the girls from those countries can head and shoot with power. They also have well trained goalkeepers, who are agile (and can jump).

From all indications Marlon Charles did everything for this program, with very little to no assistance & these girls committed themselves with no support for over a year. Winning the CFU is as good as it can get for now an that just shows the state of the CFU.
In my opinion I shake my head that CFU peoples actually run CONCACAF, because none have shown the capability of growing the game in the Region. CFU is pure third world football in every aspect. Poor administration, facilities, development, programming, refereeing, funding, sponsorship you name it. Look no further that the last CFU Tournament for GCQ. How can you be respected, when your International presentation lacks everything that is required. They can't even provide a decent field.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »
these girls are not in top physical condition

Its actually harder to constantly defend then it is to attack. When you are chasing the ball all the time one becomes tired very quickly.

hence the defensive approach taken by the coaching staff..
Not sure why the coaching staff chose to only defend as they knew they needed a win in order to have a chance at moving on.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »
was watching regional trials for girls U13 in this city (by accident, went to a swim meet at that sport complex). Some of the best U13 footballers I have ever seen, this was only regionals, not provincial. There were 24 trialists. It was cold, 1 F, and wet..and these girls were running and playing a brand I rarely ever observed at that level..and what brought the trials to my attention most, out in that foul nasty  weather, there were about 100-150 spectators (friends & family, I guess), quiet and nervous. Standing in the cold & wet, hoping their trialist make this 1st step team from the regional club team, then they go through it again for provincials, and then Nationals...from so young....you think them kids coming to walk ball around a field, in front all their support, making this sacrifice, and not make team or even play with their all...and when they make team, woe who have to play them, and didn't go through half the preparation or sacrifices.
You think the coaches and organizers here ,won't be motivated, encouraged  and therefore pushed to be innovative, with such committed players, parents, friends and eyes pointed in their direction...Guess where maybe half the funding for these tryouts and sport organizations at this amateur level come from ? At 1st the regional level, guess ? Stay dey and feel is all about putting team on field with good coach, and winning games..

btw: just as an aside, at our minor swim meet, there were 897 competitors (4789 individual entries) - football has more participants. How can you NOT find a few potential provincial & possibly National swimmers from such a pool. Yet in football in our province, like in Hockey, many regions don't.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:05:47 PM by maxg »

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 09:48:58 PM »
was watching regional trials for girls U13 in this city (by accident, went to a swim meet at that sport complex). Some of the best U13 footballers I have ever seen, this was only regionals, not provincial. There were 24 trialists. It was cold, 1 F, and wet..and these girls were running and playing a brand I rarely ever observed at that level..and what brought the trials to my attention most, out in that foul nasty  weather, there were about 100-150 spectators (friends & family, I guess), quiet and nervous. Standing in the cold & wet, hoping their trialist make this 1st step team from the regional club team, then they go through it again for provincials, and then Nationals...from so young....you think them kids coming to walk ball around a field, in front all their support, making this sacrifice, and not make team or even play with their all...and when they make team, woe who have to play them, and didn't go through half the preparation or sacrifices.
You think the coaches and organizers here ,won't be motivated, encouraged  and therefore pushed to be innovative, with such committed players, parents, friends and eyes pointed in their direction...Guess where maybe half the funding for these tryouts and sport organizations at this amateur level come from ? At 1st the regional level, guess ? Stay dey and feel is all about putting team on field with good coach, and winning games..

btw: just as an aside, at our minor swim meet, there were 897 competitors (4789 individual entries) - football has more participants. How can you NOT find a few potential provincial & possibly National swimmers from such a pool. Yet in football in our province, like in Hockey, many regions don't.

I know exactly what you're talking about.....
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline soccerlover

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2013, 11:51:57 PM »

Those who do not follow women's football in T&T are expectedly shocked at the mauling we received from the U.S and Canada .But, have we ever done well at CONCACAF U-17 Level ? To my knowledge, the least we ever conceded from America was 5, last year .Prior to that ,it was 9, right here in Trinidad .Marlon Charles was the assistant coach then ,having led the team to the finals .Mr. Charles and Izler were also in charge of almost all of our U-20 teams since 2003........with similar results. Why are these people still coaching our National Teams .Clearly , they are not up to the task .Mr. Charles boasted that he had this team for two years , and that they were different ...and he probably had these girls actually believing that they could beat the U.S. by playing ultra-defensively with no organization . Now , their bubble has been burst...and some are ready to quit football .
  I am not saying that local coaches like Marlon ,Izler , Steve Frederick and Shabazz have not sacrificed and served T&T faithfully over the last decade .But , rather, that they are not good enough and should be replaced .The only team that looked fit and competitive was the U-17 team coached by Pellerud ...he too had the team for two years .Did these local perrenial coaches learn anything from him ? I doubt it.
The girls programme gets very little $ in comparison to the Men's ,but when our young ladies sacrifice their time to train 3-4 times a week over a two year period ,they should at least be fitter and more organized .
Our girls played their hearts out, followed their coach's plan and were beaten badly .What kind of experience was that .Our current U-20'S have not been training for long ....their coach has not coached any team (club) for some time ( like Marlon ).......what can we expect ?  Maybe another Steven Hart might make a difference ???

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 04:25:06 AM »
Good post Maxg,this is what i was trying to tell some folks when they said American parents don't know Football,i was involved with American Women/men Youth Football 20 plus years,we don't know half the things these people do,they are always preparing and have the programs to back it up.

In Washington DC it have a league called WAGS u should see the quality of Football these teams play,they also have a tournament it's the biggest girls tournament in the nation.Before i left i took my U12 boys to play State Cup for the first time because we were doing quite well in the domestic competition,our first game we got 10 that was the end of our Stae Cup these are the best teams in Va u up against.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
The T&T Women's U-17 team has finished off a very disappointing CONCACAF Women’s U-17 Championship tournament with a 7-0 loss to Guatemala today. T&T lost all three of their matches, conceding 26 goals in the process, and scoring none.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:30 PM »

You are over simplifying things and laying blame squarely at the feet of the girls. Yes a part of it is the players, granted. However, coaches must know what he/she is working with and how to develop tactics and strategies to enable whatever players SELECTED to be successful. This is not an individual sport and will-power can only get you so far.

In today's game, administration plays a huge part in the success of players on the field. You can see when the girls take the field that the tactics and strategies employed set them up for failure. You think our girls are not committed. Come on man get real. So you are only committed when there is success? If you go through some of the hurdles these girls have to go through just to be at practice it will be different. You think there parents not supporting them or don't want to give them every opportunity to be successful?

You conveniently flip the script and say how the efforts of the players motivate the organizers. That is first class :bs: really it is. Organizers and administrators provide the environment that allows players to be motivated to do their best. Come on man be real. You think organizers sit there and say okay lets wait and see how motivated these players are and then we will start working hard?   :banginghead:

Let's be real for a minute, I know you all will say this is not valid, but I believe it really is

T&T population - 1.2 Million
Women
Girls
Girls who 17 years or younger
Girls who are 17 years or younger and play soccer

It will always be difficult to sustain a long term program in places like T&T. That however does not mean we should look as bad as we did. These girls are much better than they showed........FACT. However, they wasn't put in a situation to bring out that ability. Our girls met up the day before their first game. The US u17 team had been together since January. The USA team spent the week before leaving at IMG playing against their U18 women's team. Where did this organization come from? The players or the administration?
The T&T team tried to get a game from JA in JA a couple days before their first game, but it did not work out.
Our FA is in shambles, yet we always expect the players to be ready and be at their best. Not realistic. In today's game it takes much more than Pride, Passion and Hard Work. It takes proper preparation. Piss Poor Preparation Leads to Piss Poor Performance.

Look at the goal that defeated Haiti in the CFU finals. The level of opponent is not important as the technical ability and level of difficulty to accomplish that goal was very high.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guatemala trounces T&T for their first-ever CONCACAF Women’s U-17 win
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »
Guatemala trounces T&T for their first-ever CONCACAF Women’s U-17 win
CONCACAF.com

Like its Central American colleague El Salvador one day earlier, Guatemala earned its first-ever CONCACAF Women’s Championship win on Monday, topping Trinidad & Tobago 7-0 at Catherine Hall Stadium.

Madelyn Ventura was the game’s prominent figure, netting three goals and assisting on two others.

Both teams entered the encounter without any points and already eliminated from contention, but at the conclusion of an entertaining affair, Guatemala sealed a third-place finish in Group B.

After a quick reaction save by goalkeeper Natalie Schaps in fourth minute denied Dennecia Prince a goal and Trinidad a lead, the Guatemalans settled down to play its best football of the competition.

Ventura gave Guatemala a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute, taking a pass from Cindy Granda on the right side of the penalty box and finding the back of the net with her right foot.

In the 25th minute, Mimi Castellanos collected short Trinidad clearance on the left wing and played a neat give-and-go with Ventura.  The United States-based forward poked the ball beyond charging goalkeeper Rebecca Almandoz for her first goal of the competition.

Trinidad nearly split the deficit just before the half-hour mark, when Prince headed a Corel Carmichael corner just over the crossbar.

Guatemala went ahead 3-0 ten minutes after the break.  Trinidad’s Natisha John passed back towards the goal from close proximity, forcing Almandoz to use her hands.  On the resulting indirect free kick, Jeniffer Barrios pounded Ventura’s slight touch over the wall from eight-yards out.

A spectacular run by Aisha Solorzano in the 67th minute put the game out of reach.  The 15-year-old controlled a Kellin Mayen pass at the midfield line and raced towards the Trinidad goal, validating that she reached her destination by depositing the ball into the back of the net.

In less than two minutes, Ventura struck twice to put Guatemala up by six goals.

She lashed home from 15-yards out off the underside of the crossbar in the 74th minute and, eighty-five seconds later, was slipped into box by a delightful feed from Laurent Marwith to finish with aplomb.

Marwith punctuated the scoreline in the 90th minute with her first tournament tally, firing in from 23-yards from the right side with her right foot.

Guatemala had scored only twice in their previous five competition outings, conceding 31 goals over that stretch.  Thoughts of the past, though, were all but forgotten on an historic day for women’s football in that nation.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW1G3Va4og8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lW1G3Va4og8</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2013, 04:51:41 AM »
Results

Guatemala  7  v  Trinidad & Tobago  0
Ventura 17
Castellanos 25
Barrios 56
Solorzano 67
Ventura 74
Ventura 75
Markwith 91

Teams

Guatemala: - 12.Natalie Schaps; 2.Isabella Garcia Salas, 16.Kellin Mayen, 4.Pamela Monterroso, 6.Jeniffer Barrios, 17.Maria Contreras (5.Alison Garcia 33rd), 15.Cindy Granda (3.Sara Fetzer 38th), 7.Kelsie Castellanos (10.Aisha Solorzano 65th), 8.Laurent Markwith, 9.Madelyn Ventura, 11.Andrea Rabanales.

Unused Subs: - 1.Angie Hidalgo; 14.Maria Barillas, 13.Leslie Cal Gamarro, 20.Beberly Montufar, 19.Anika Schaps.

HEAD COACH: - Benjamin Monterroso.

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Rebecca Almandoz; 2.Tamara Johnson, 3.Renee Mike, 4.Natisha John, 5.Amaya Ellis, 7.Dennecia Prince (14.Chevonne John 76th), 8.Summer Arjoon (10.Jahra Thomas 46th), 11.Eden Charles, 12.Khaline Jacob, 9.Zoe Swift, 15.Corel Carmichael (18.Jasandra Joseph 46th).

Unused Subs: - 21.Nicolette Craig; 6.Abishai Guy, 13.Chelsea Frederick, 16.Kelsey Henry, 17.Maya Matouk, 19.Chelcy Ralph.

HEAD COACH: - Marlon Charles.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:01:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
Bring back Shabazz... :frustrated:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
Bring back Shabazz... :frustrated:

Was it any difference with Shabazz.....stueps

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »

You are over simplifying things and laying blame squarely at the feet of the girls. Yes a part of it is the players, granted. However, coaches must know what he/she is working with and how to develop tactics and strategies to enable whatever players SELECTED to be successful. This is not an individual sport and will-power can only get you so far.

In today's game, administration plays a huge part in the success of players on the field. You can see when the girls take the field that the tactics and strategies employed set them up for failure. You think our girls are not committed. Come on man get real. So you are only committed when there is success? If you go through some of the hurdles these girls have to go through just to be at practice it will be different. You think there parents not supporting them or don't want to give them every opportunity to be successful?

You conveniently flip the script and say how the efforts of the players motivate the organizers. That is first class :bs: really it is. Organizers and administrators provide the environment that allows players to be motivated to do their best. Come on man be real. You think organizers sit there and say okay lets wait and see how motivated these players are and then we will start working hard?   :banginghead:

Let's be real for a minute, I know you all will say this is not valid, but I believe it really is

T&T population - 1.2 Million
Women
Girls
Girls who 17 years or younger
Girls who are 17 years or younger and play soccer

It will always be difficult to sustain a long term program in places like T&T. That however does not mean we should look as bad as we did. These girls are much better than they showed........FACT. However, they wasn't put in a situation to bring out that ability. Our girls met up the day before their first game. The US u17 team had been together since January. The USA team spent the week before leaving at IMG playing against their U18 women's team. Where did this organization come from? The players or the administration?
The T&T team tried to get a game from JA in JA a couple days before their first game, but it did not work out.
Our FA is in shambles, yet we always expect the players to be ready and be at their best. Not realistic. In today's game it takes much more than Pride, Passion and Hard Work. It takes proper preparation. Piss Poor Preparation Leads to Piss Poor Performance.

Look at the goal that defeated Haiti in the CFU finals. The level of opponent is not important as the technical ability and level of difficulty to accomplish that goal was very high.

You completely misunderstood what I was saying..
I will now simplify
I do not at all blame the girls..I understand, we do not have the same pool of soccer players to choose from, and in many cases these larger countries have the choice of cross-trined athletes, who are not just about football, but are really good. no matter what sport they choose. I do not doubt the commitment of the athletes, however, with a choice from 100,000 commited athletes , even if a bad selection is made, you won't be far off from selecting a team that will better any country with a smaller pool..
If I must cast any blame, it would be on the Adminstrators,coaches/selectors, yet even them cannot afford to make mistakes, and given the level and type of tournament, may not even realize if you are not making the right choices..especially when you are winning in your previous regional games...the mistake being, way before the tournament start, adminstrators should have arranged practice games, against the top regional teams they will be playing against. Like Canada & USA...even clubs in those regions, some of them with some incentive will even pay their way to come play us.. A trip to Columbia, or Brazil, will not prepare you to play against Scotland..it may prepare to play against Argentina doh.
in addition..
I have been around Elite athletes all my life in Trinidad & Canada, and their is a mindset that an elite athlete has...not refering to starboy mentality or such...something else..can't put my finger on it exactly..something like a fear of losing, therefore must win, and being embarrased in NOT an option, a belief that even if you are not having your best day, you will GIVE your all to win this thing, even if it doesn't show the turmoil inside of trying to attain these levels...I have experimented with such on the senior women soccer level,drafting and playing elite University basketball players (including my sis, who also played Netball for Canada at worlds, and 2 provincial team basketballers) in a soccer club,in between I had selected excellent Junior players, 5 of them playing up - seniors, and 2 triathletes, i happened to see training while i was driving to practice and by end of season, was able to lose on penalty kicks against the later Provincial and National champions - they had 7 Provincial players, 2 National players.
Why ? not because I was a great coach, I was still learning, not because, we had great players..but a combination of many other things, some of which were, they were Elite athletes, even if they were'nt soccer players, they were not always winners, they played and competed enough, to know what losing was like, and were of the belief it was not an option, even if this was not their sport. We (not just me- them too) employed strategy that was able to utilize their strengths, i gave clear and specific instructions, that the non-players could execute, the expert junior players were aware of the strengths and defiencies of each other, and especially the non-players, and aware of the instructions. We had a season of games, one a week, and 2 practices, 2 of the University girls were the athletic therapist, one was studying sport management & Nutrition, i myself was in Exercise science. No one was paid, Our final games were advertised by the area we represented, only the Junior players were from there.. The parents of these girls(3 of these were Unilingual french) did  after practice get together every 3 weeks..as they were excited their younger daughters could not just play, but be mentored by the University girls on the team, which bonded them even more..I did not try to control them, everything came from them. They were a unit, a team. Every goal scored on us, each individual blamed themselves..even when we lost, cause I didn't practice penalties...didn't think we would have too..they took the blame...when the goalie let in a soft goal over her head, she was 5 foot nothing...even up to the centre forward was taking the blame..."I missed that shot 10 minutes before)...
No...I blame the selectors...and maybe with all being said, the selectors will make the same choices, and choose the same girls, because that is the best available to them, and the girls really are, then the coach is the one who has to get them prepared and ready..and if they lose, then they lose as ready as they have possibly been, but if they reach the final and get killed, as these girls were, then obviously something broke or wasn't done properly, and a mistake was made in preparation..not necessarily somebody didn't do their job, but somebody had the wrong plan..and at least the adminstrators, directors or more senior officials should recognize this and re-access said program/plan..or expect the same result.

1]; } ?>