March 29, 2024, 06:03:18 AM

Author Topic: Cornell Glen Thread.  (Read 31127 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Glen ....
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
Keep it up Glen. Stay healthy and keep in touch with Latas.  :beermug:

Isn't he part of the 16 that took Jack/TTFF to court??  Keeping in touch with Latapy wouldn't help him.... :whistling:

Preach sista dey need a lil reminder.

Nah I doh think it was Jack. I think he question why Stern starting in front of him. Stern, along with Latas and Yorke, is the holy trinity so after that he was kinda persona non-grata amon g the coaching staff.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Spidey,
In an interview on Andre's programme late last year, the players stated that an offer was made to the players when they came back for the Costa Rica game and when they refused the offer (to take a sum of money and cancel the court action), they were not invited back.  Two that come to mind are Colin Samuel (who scored in the game) and Birchall. 

This is why I called Jack's name.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
I thought Samuel case was that he ride out before the game after he went for some friendly and when he reach we had no uniforms and he say fire bun this nonsense?
Too much thing, cah keep it straight in my head anymore
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »
I thought Samuel case was that he ride out before the game after he went for some friendly and when he reach we had no uniforms and he say fire bun this nonsense?

That was Jloyd Samuel....which is another kettle of fish....yuh right is just too much to keep straight....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 06:58:01 PM »

Spidey yuh ducks not line up in a row. Colin Samuel ticket game in d name of Glenroy Samuel and he neva reach. Colin score v CR in bag dem disappear.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »

Spidey yuh ducks not line up in a row. Colin Samuel ticket game in d name of Glenroy Samuel and he neva reach. Colin score v CR in bag dem disappear.

Three men name Samuel on T&T team, that is too much for a first class organization like the TTFF to handle .

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 04:46:14 AM »

Lord and it looks like I mix up the Samuels too.....Jloyd's bachanal was that he wanted to exchange a juzzy with a player from the opposing team and was told he couldn't cuz we eh have enough.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 07:05:58 AM »

Lord and it looks like I mix up the Samuels too.....Jloyd's bachanal was that he wanted to exchange a juzzy with a player from the opposing team and was told he couldn't cuz we eh have enough.....

U get it correck.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 04:25:08 PM »
Official Cornell Glen thread on bigsoccer
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052297

Starts of good, but then becomes unpleasant. It's mostly borne out of frustration.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cornell Glen status?
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 02:14:03 AM »
Anyone know where Cornell Glen is playing... or what he's doing. I remember he got released by San Jose at the end of the last MLS season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Glen status?
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:23 AM »
Meantime, senior team striker Cornell Glen is exploring options outside of the MLS. He recently returned from a trial in Iran. “I’ve just got back from Iran and I’m looking at a couple other options in Europe. I’ve had interest from a club in Germany and Sweden and I should be heading out shortly,” Glen said.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/02/03/gnc-welcomes-warriors

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 06:23:12 AM »
I was told Cornell Glen is training with Jabloteh presently.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Glen thread....
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 07:36:46 AM »
He has to get fit ... I'm concerned he hasn't been fit in a long time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »
Meantime, senior team striker Cornell Glen is exploring options outside of the MLS. He recently returned from a trial in Iran. “I’ve just got back from Iran and I’m looking at a couple other options in Europe. I’ve had interest from a club in Germany and Sweden and I should be heading out shortly,” Glen said.

IRAN lawd fadderrrrrrrrrrr

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »

If they payin good and ball runnin by all means...just lay low when the shootin start. Go be good practice for when he passin thru Morvant/Laventille

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »

If they payin good and ball runnin by all means...just lay low when the shootin start. Go be good practice for when he passin thru Morvant/Laventille

NOT NICE

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »

Oh lawwwwd yuh killing meh  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »
all yuh not easy nuh

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cornell Glen scores a brace for Sông Lam Nghệ An in friendly
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
Cornell Glen scored a brace for Sông Lam Nghệ An in friendly
vietfootball.blogspot.com

Trinidad & Tobago striker Cornell Glen, who has been capped 59 times with T&T national team including 3 appearances in World Cup 2006, impressively scored a double as SLNA trounced Thanh Hoa 4-0 in a pre-season friendly. Alongside Glen, two more T&T internationals Clyde Leon and Devorn Jorsling are having trial at SLNA.

After having great success with three Jamaican players last season, SLNA is leading the way in the trend of transfering players from Caribbean region to Vietnam. This week, Peter Byers, an Antigua & Barbuda international, will also travel to Nghe An.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:00:53 PM by Tallman »

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2011, 10:20:34 PM »
Pretty soon it will be a Caribbean all-star side.  I backin Glen to revive his career.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »
WATCH Cornell Glen score his first goal of the 2015 I-League season in Shillong Lajong’s 5-2 loss to Pune FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LHEzkC2y9gg?start=174" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LHEzkC2y9gg?start=174</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »

Oh lawwwwd yuh killing meh  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
What a bloody response,it's brilliant. ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2015, 05:23:43 AM »
WATCH Cornell Glen score with this magnificent bicycle kick goal to register his second goal of the season. FINAL East Bengal 2-1 Shillong Lajong.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lAo_7wDtgk?start=31" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lAo_7wDtgk?start=31</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 07:13:17 AM »
Mr BraveHart,
I think Cornell trying yuh tell yuh "one last rodeo".
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2015, 12:57:29 PM »
WATCH Cornell Glen score the second goal in Shillong Lajong’s 2-0 win over Dempo SC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pnA8-TfIOQg?start=177" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pnA8-TfIOQg?start=177</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »
WATCH Cornell Glen score a brace and provide an assist in Shillong Lajong’s 3-4 loss to Mohun Bagan. Glen is now joint top-scorer in the I-League with 5 goals in 7 games. Goals are at 1:50 (header) and 3:15 (penalty). The assist can be seen at 6:55.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A_ZpmgmO52s?start=110" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A_ZpmgmO52s?start=110</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2015, 01:04:45 PM »
Good going Cornell
Show how to take no-chance-of-saving penalties and headers
You will always be remembered as a great player. Secretly I wish BraveHart would give you one last chance if you're healthy enough and match fit flor a high intensity game and especially if Peltier is unavailable.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »
Lajong breach Mumbai FC fortress with 6-0 win; Glen shines
dnaindia.com

Led by mercurial Trinidad and Tobago striker Cornell Glen, Shillong Lajong trounced Mumbai FC 6-0 to stop the losers' five-match unbeaten run at home this season in stunning fashion in the I-League clash at the Cooperage Ground here today.

The 33-year-old Trinidadian world cupper fired home the north easterners' first and fourth goals, once in either half, while Penn Orji and Zodingliana Ralte scored once each in regular time.

To add insult to injury, Brazilian Ulliams Souza Silva and Milan Singh came off the substitutes bench in the second half to fire home a goal each in added on time to complete Mumbai FC's total humiliation.

Port of Spain-born Glen notched his goals in the 21st and 51st minutes of the game and in between Orji (25th) scored to help the visitors take a 2-0 half time lead which was increased to 3-0 two minutes after resumption by Ralte.

The last two goals were notched in the 2nd and 3rd minutes of added on time.

The humiliating defeat left Mumbai FC - who dearly missed their Japanese midfielder Taisuke Matsugane who could not play because of a calf injury - in seventh spot on the table with 12 points, a rung above Lajong which moved up from the 10th spot to 8th following their spectacular display here.

Mumbai FC goalie Nidhin Lal brought off two good saves late in the match.

This was the first defeat of the season at home, and fifth overall from 11 games, for Mumbai FC after two victories and three draws. This is also the home team's second successive defeat.

For the visitors, the win was only their third win from ten matches.

The Shillong team outclassed Mumbai with their quick passing game and sharpness up front which flummoxed their opponents.

Mumbai were forced to make a couple of changes to their starting line-up, with Climax Lawrence returning in the midfield in place of Taisuke and Lal replacing Kunal Sawant as goalkeeper.

The first goal came off a defensive error by Lal whose feeble save off a Robin Gurung attempt was relayed to Cornell by a teammate and the experienced West Indian neatly tapped it in to make it 1-0.

Four minutes later Mumbai's citadel fell again. Seiminlen Doungel made a run down the right and passed to Orji from the byline. The latter's first-time effort went in off Mumbai defender Justin Stephen.

Any hopes of a Mumbai comeback were nipped early in the second half by the visitors, who scored two more goals with good approach work.

In the 47th minute, Doungel essayed the ball to overlapping back Aibor Khongjee who, in turn, crossed the ball towards an unmarked Ralte who found the mark off a rebounded shot off rival goalie Lal.

Cornell and Orji later combined forces inside the box before the former beat Lal to make it 4-0 before Ulliams and Milan scored once each in injury time to complete the total rout.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »
WATCH Cornell Glen score his second I-League hat-trick in Shillong Lajong’s 3-1 win over Bharat FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QI3h1B7FdVE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QI3h1B7FdVE</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
Well done Cornell
BraveHart, Cornell is trying to tell you something. Fit, playing lots of minutes, hungry, scoring with confidence high.

1]; } ?>