March 28, 2024, 05:55:43 AM

Author Topic: The Official Song of the 2010 World Cup  (Read 17421 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Song of the 2010 World Cup
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 04:25:05 PM »
I only just realised that Coca Cola and Pepsi both had promotional themes that were rivalling the official theme for airplay...wow

I say Coca Cola won: I loved Knaan's song. Heard Kes d Band do a socaish version of it that was really good, and started wondering if we had any songs out there that would make a great world cup theme if we were hosting the Cup tomorrow ("fighter" doesn't count - too team specific)

ps Zeppo wasn't Toni Braxton with Il Divo in 06?
I didn't even realise there was a theme song in 2002 - don't really like Anastasia anyway

Hot Hot Hot was the theme in the '86 cup. Socaish enough? Perhaps just not Trini enough  ;D
see above for Machel's mix of knaan's song.

Hot Hot Hot is one of the most reconizable Soca songs on the planet. Next is Who let the dogs out. Actually in the Spain WC in 82, SIN(Spanish International Network) now Univision was playing Hot Hot Hot as their theme song. That tune and quite a few soca songs(Conga line, Thunder, Tiney Winey, Bachelor) were very popular in Central America, Ven and Colombia. Together with dance-hall reggae and soca, they come up with reggae-ton. Don't forget Punta from Belize.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »
I only just realised that Coca Cola and Pepsi both had promotional themes that were rivalling the official theme for airplay...wow

I say Coca Cola won: I loved Knaan's song. Heard Kes d Band do a socaish version of it that was really good, and started wondering if we had any songs out there that would make a great world cup theme if we were hosting the Cup tomorrow ("fighter" doesn't count - too team specific)

I didn't even realise there was a theme song in 2002 - don't really like Anastasia anyway

Hot Hot Hot was the theme in the '86 cup. Socaish enough? Perhaps just not Trini enough  ;D

cheap attempt to capitalise on a good song. Much prefer the original, as is the case for Shakira's as well.

didn't know there were theme songs as far back as 1986, didn't know Hot Hot Hot was that old. its definitely soca though, Trini or not.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
shakira song have moments. feel a lil socaish at times.

prefer wavin' flag by k'naan.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8__lUfx7zdo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8__lUfx7zdo</a>

Isn't the whole waving flag concept out of Trini :devil: I mean majority of the soca chunes is about waving a flag.

One of our entertainers should bring out a waving flag song for the next world cup that incorperates all the countries represented and that could be a hit, esp if TNT qualify ;D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »

cheap attempt to capitalise on a good song. Much prefer the original, as is the case for Shakira's as well.

didn't know there were theme songs as far back as 1986, didn't know Hot Hot Hot was that old. its definitely soca though, Trini or not.

I believe "Hot Hot Hot" was recorded and arranged by top T&T arranger Leston Paul in late 1982 and became a global hit after its exposure during T&T Carnival 1983.
Also recorded and released around the same time was a similar soca groove by Baron called "Feeling It" also arranged by Leston Paul.
Both songs "Hot Hot Hot" & "Feeling It" have a similar chorus line and bass pattern, one says "Feeling hot hot hot" while the other says "Ah feeling it".
There is a dispute about which song was composed first as many songs are written months before being recorded and released but there is no dsiputing which one became the bigger international hit!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:58:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »

I believe "Hot Hot Hot" was recorded and arranged by top T&T arranger Leston Paul in late 1982 and became a global hit after its exposure during T&T Carnival 1983.
Also recorded and released around the same time was a similar soca groove by Baron called "Feeling It" also arranged by Leston Paul.
Both songs "Hot Hot Hot" & "Feeling It" have a similar chorus line and bass pattern, one says "Feeling hot hot hot" while the other says "Ah feeling it".
There is a dispute about which song was composed first as many songs are written months before being recorded and released but there is no dsiputing which one became the bigger international hit!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSrklNeDwNM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MSrklNeDwNM</a>

1]; } ?>