April 19, 2024, 04:18:30 AM

Author Topic: Am I the only one who thinks a african team will win world cup ?  (Read 5033 times)

Offline nunu

I have posted this on a number of threads , why do caribbean people suffer from so much inferior
complexes . I understand only 40% on trinidad is black but I was expecting more people on sw.net
to be routing for Africa in Africa .

Re: Am I the only one who thinks a african team will win world cup ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »
Supporting African teams is one thing ... waiting to see the opening match of each team is another? Cyah really see how being pragmatic equates with harbouring a sense of inferiority.

Incidentally, which African team do you have in mind as winning this Cup?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:09:53 AM by asylumseeker »

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:47:41 AM »
Routing or rooting?

To answer your question:  The heart says yes, the head says no.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:56:34 AM »
Yes.....

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:17:05 AM »
Yes.....

cosign......See PantherX' response above...

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:42:46 AM »
I have posted this on a number of threads , why do caribbean people suffer from so much inferior
complexes . I understand only 40% on trinidad is black but I was expecting more people on sw.net

Perhaps you should be asking yourself why u suffer from a superiority complex?

Especially given your rather substantial handicap

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
Not any african teams at this world cup, sad to say. Africa still have a ways to go in terms of coaching. When's the last time anyone win a world cup with a foreign coach?

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
African teams not winning anytime soon...they haven't even reach a semis as yet......winning a world cup is very hard, ask portugal, holland and spain...teh gap is closer between the big sides and others but the big sides still win in the end.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
North African occupation in Spain ended centuries ago...and Brazil is technically not African  ;D 

So yes....you are alone on this one....

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »
North African occupation in Spain ended centuries ago...and Brazil is technically not African  ;D 

So yes....you are alone on this one....

well i was jus about to say that france is my african team for the cup.  the mubbe have 3 white people on that side.  ;D

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
When's the last time anyone win a world cup with a foreign coach?
Never

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »
When's the last time anyone win a world cup with a foreign coach?
Never

:beermug: so u know England salt.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
Yes.....

ditto...as much as I support them, none ah dem actually winning the cup.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
I think they will before USA!

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »

Like MJ, you are not alone my black superior brother! An African team will win a World Cup sometime in the future but just not this current WC in 2010.

Based upon what I've seen so far if an African team against the odds win it this time around, I will rip-up my T&T passport and move to Africa or even worst to Jamaica after the final game when they lift the cup!  ;)

But then again Germany has a black player with African roots so if we are allowed to claim Germany as an African team then you might be onto something! Does Brazil also count?   8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 07:30:55 PM by Socapro »

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »

But then again Germany has a black player with African roots so if we are allowed to claim Germany as an African team then you might be onto something! Does Brazil also count?   8)

2 in the current WC squad Boateng and Aogo

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »

That's even better! Germany is my African team for this World Cup... so Germany all the way!!!!!  ;)

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »

That's even better! Germany is my African team for this World Cup... so Germany all the way!!!!!  ;)

lol, well as I was saying in the other thread, that squad has not only Nigeria and Ghana, but Brazil, Poland, Turkey (oh yeah there's a Tunisian, too, as far as Africa goes), Bosnia and Spain. There might be one or two Germans as well, but I'd have to check.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
If any african team going to win it has to be the host country.. for eg: italia 90, usa 94, france 98, korea 2002, germany 05 and now africa 2010.. You see fifa is banking on the host country in order to full the stadiums and unlike before how many people from euro etc willing to risk going to africa in these times.

Rest assured that SA will go very far jus so that fifa makes their money. wont be surprised if the black stars make it far..

after today seeing germany in action, they remind me of spain, start bright only to fade out in the end. the team that will lift the cup will start slow and peak at the right time. italy still havent played yet, nor holland and watch out usa is always slow starters.

Jus remember the France game was NOT sold out. Commentators even said fifa should of given away some of the tickets. SA was not a great decision by fifa.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:28:53 PM by sHOTTA12 »

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:02:33 PM »
Germany doesn't just fade away...Remember they came 3rd in the last world cup and 2nd in 2002, they've been consistent, I expect them to put in a solid performance as usual..They are always effective doing just enough to win...!!

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 03:57:49 AM »

Wanting an African team to win the World Cup and thinking they can do it are two entirely different things.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 06:27:50 AM »

Wanting an African team to win the World Cup and thinking they can do it are two entirely different things.

Oh hush, the US eh winning it either.....

Germany doesn't just fade away...Remember they came 3rd in the last world cup and 2nd in 2002, they've been consistent, I expect them to put in a solid performance as usual..They are always effective doing just enough to win...!!

For real, Germany started just as brightly last world cup if I'm not mistaken.  And until they met Italy were unbeaten right through the tournament....

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 06:43:38 AM »
If any african team going to win it has to be the host country.. for eg: italia 90, usa 94, france 98, korea 2002, germany 05 and now africa 2010.. You see fifa is banking on the host country in order to full the stadiums and unlike before how many people from euro etc willing to risk going to africa in these times.

Rest assured that SA will go very far jus so that fifa makes their money. wont be surprised if the black stars make it far..

after today seeing germany in action, they remind me of spain, start bright only to fade out in the end. the team that will lift the cup will start slow and peak at the right time. italy still havent played yet, nor holland and watch out usa is always slow starters.

Jus remember the France game was NOT sold out. Commentators even said fifa should of given away some of the tickets. SA was not a great decision by fifa.

Yuh doh make much sense! U are saying because FIFA needs to full the stadiums that SA will go far or failing that Ghana!
I say either team will go far only if they beat their opponents with better football!

Are u implying that FIFA will get officials to be bias towards the African teams in order to influence the result of the games they play in to help them move forward?  ???

I say if FIFA wants to have full stadiums if/when the African teams get knocked out of the tournament then they may need to lower the price of tickets to make it more affordable to the average South African later on in the tournament.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 06:46:18 AM »

Please tell me where I said they would, Sugar Baby.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 07:28:30 AM »

Please tell me where I said they would, Sugar Baby.

Zeppo baby,

I was just reminding you in case you started to get ideas.  You know how all yuh yanks are, a draw against Engerland and all yuh win already..... ::) ::)

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 08:02:13 AM »
I was just reminding you in case you started to get ideas.  You know how all yuh yanks are, a draw against Engerland and all yuh win already..... ::) ::)

Thanks for keeping me in check then.

And I suppose you're more than qualified to do so since you're so used seeing your own country's World Cup dreams get crushed on a regular basis.  :devil:

But don't worry, my feet are firmly planted on the ground.  8)

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 08:07:22 AM »

Thanks for keeping me in check then.

And I suppose you're more than qualified to do so since you're so used seeing your own country's World Cup dreams get crushed on a regular basis.  :devil:

But don't worry, my feet are firmly planted on the ground.  8)

yuh just had to rub it een eh...chups... ;D

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:45:48 AM »
Mixed success for African teams

Six games played by Africa at the continent's first World Cup, but just the one win.

Not the start Africa was hoping for, especially given the perceived advantages of playing at home. But putting things into context, only Tunisia avoided defeat in the opening round of matches in Germany - whereas three of the record six finalists did here.

Ghana are the sole victors and history is on their side. Ever since Morocco became the first Africans into the knock-out stages in 1986, the continent's first team to win at the World Cup has always gone the furthest.

(continue)

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 06:56:44 AM »
Mixed success for African teams

Six games played by Africa at the continent's first World Cup, but just the one win.

Not the start Africa was hoping for, especially given the perceived advantages of playing at home. But putting things into context, only Tunisia avoided defeat in the opening round of matches in Germany - whereas three of the record six finalists did here.

Ghana are the sole victors and history is on their side. Ever since Morocco became the first Africans into the knock-out stages in 1986, the continent's first team to win at the World Cup has always gone the furthest.

(continue)

There is only one African team playing at home....what is wrong with people!!? Each country in Africa is as different from another as the countries in Europe are. I keep hearing even the commentators hinting that Africa is somehow one and homologous. Vuvuzelas are endemic to South Africa ONLY!! Football styles vary by country! Language varies by country! Culture varies by country! Music varies by country! Race and ethnicities vary by country! It's annoying.