March 28, 2024, 06:09:30 AM

Author Topic: After their exit from this World Cup should England consider giving up football?  (Read 12064 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
International football that is!
Ah mean to say they invented the game and even with some of the best players that they have produced in decades now at their peak, if they are unable to get at least to the quarters in this World Cup, should England call it quits and just concentrate on club football?
Ah mean to say is 1966 since their last success, was that a fluke or something?!
Or do you reckon if they get to host the 2018 World Cup that they may have a decent chance of winning it then because they playing at home?

Feedback appreciated...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:55:01 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After this World Cup should England consider giving up football?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »
After this post, should Socapro consider giving up alcohol?

;D

England still in transition from the old boom-kick style to something more modern. Just because the EPL is one of the best leagues doesn't mean that the locals are the ones making the difference. The style of play from the lower leagues isn't the same as the top leagues and so the feeder system for English players doesn't produce enough talent to make a difference.

All that being said, they breeze through the qualifying group. So they have the ability. There is a significant psychological aspect to the repeated disappointments (and Maradona hand, and missing penalties)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
England should start given citizenship tuh players who can't make Brasil, Holland, Spain ( except Almunia), or any country that produce skilled players. Everybody doing it so they need tuh stop thinking or believing they are producing enough naturally skillful players or the EPL succesful only because of their English men.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
England suffering from star power, and not just now, almost for a decade now, and its driven by media primarily.

Coaches have been baited into playing players in unnatural positions just to satisfy egos and media hype instead of employing personnel that are cohesive as a unit.

Classic example for me is the omission of Adam Johnson from the final squad. A player who has impressed me with genuine creative wing play and the ability to deliver a quality cross. Lennon who apparently is the first choice winger may have the wheels but he doesn't have the quality to pick a cross. Stuart Downing is another shocking ommission, a natural left winger with international experience. Right now England doesnt have a single genuine left side midfield player, the strategy of playing right footed players on the left side of midfield not working and they have no options to play with. 

Germany in the first 30 minutes of this WC have proven that genuine wingers are the difference need to truly open up defenses in this tournament.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »
we should  :-X
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
One game fellas, for England and Germany. England start poorly, nothing new but this is still a side that makes the 1/4 finals regularly.

Germany is a better organized side but they play a much poorer team than England did.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 10:04:42 PM »
On another note, anybody check on small mag to make sure he okay...i am sure he still cussing robert green.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
I think is time they let Azerbaijan or Scotland take ah WC sweat

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
On another note, anybody check on small mag to make sure he okay...i am sure he still cussing robert green.

Good point  paging SM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:36 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
Since 1966 the ketching dey arse and plus they win that world by a fluke and till this day that goal  remains questionable.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:46:45 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 04:55:36 AM »
England suffering from the same syndrome that Spain had prior to their Euro championship:  Unrealistic expectations.  They get more pressure than teams like Brazil and Germany who have a much better World Cup pedigree plus it seems that the English media is more interested in the team failing rather than achieving success.

It's interesting that when the Spanish media and public finally backed off and tempered their expectations they won something...The English could learn something from that.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 05:00:25 AM »
Still a top 10 team imo. That was one game against an inspired US team.    

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »

A top 10 team that has won nothing since 1966!

Excuses excuses, we'll see if they can improve and play to their full potential in their remaining games!
Lets hope they have started slow and their best is yet to come!  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:51 AM »
An inspired U.S. you say eh? shakes head in amazement. why ppl does short change the USA when they had such ah great two yrs of football?

they've dominated the gold cup in the last fours yrs and was unlucky not tuh beat mexico wid ah 3rd string team, they also dominated concacaf in the last 20yrs making 6 world cup tournaments in ah row.

had ah good showing in the confederations cup beating the likes of the african champs egypt, world champs italy, and even dethroned spain from their almost record breaking 16th win in ah row tuh ALMOST rob brazil of that record, not tuh mention having brazil on the back foot in the final. and ppl still taking this team lightly?

WOW, allyuh hard boy!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 05:33:48 PM »
An inspired U.S. you say eh? shakes head in amazement. why ppl does short change the USA when they had such ah great two yrs of football?

they've dominated the gold cup in the last fours yrs and was unlucky not tuh beat mexico wid ah 3rd string team, they also dominated concacaf in the last 20yrs making 6 world cup tournaments in ah row.

had ah good showing in the confederations cup beating the likes of the african champs egypt, world champs italy, and even dethroned spain from their almost record breaking 16th win in ah row tuh ALMOST rob brazil of that record, not tuh mention having brazil on the back foot in the final. and ppl still taking this team lightly?

WOW, allyuh hard boy!!

Im not taking anything away from them by suggesting that they were inspired. I simply meant that they were inspired. Even Landon Donavan admitted that England is the more talented team. The US had an inspired performance on the day, you know what that mean? . You just like comess yes.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
 :devil:

AirMan

(Audio) Capello calls for respect !
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
England manager Fabio Capello says his players must respect each other in light of John Terry's comments to the media

about Joe Cole and reveals that he will make changes for Wednesday's vital World Cup match against Slovenia.

Link to Audio
..http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8752914.stm

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: (Audio) Capello calls for respect !
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
They should mighta haved given back the arm band to Terry ,when Rio got hurt .He wouldve taken them over the top .He made a mistake and fell in love .oh well give him back the captaincy .

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:50 PM »
They should mighta haved given back the arm band to Terry ,when Rio got hurt .He wouldve taken them over the top .He made a mistake and fell in love .oh well give him back the captaincy .

All terry care bout is he ego..and he toting feelings from not being made captain. Dahs wha all dis bout.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-divided-how-terry-tried-to-organise-coup-against-capello-2006139.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/trouble-for-terry-as-coup-plan-backfires-2006187.html

Same ting he do Jose and Scolari.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
Dis is d Soap Opera WC?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »
Thats why they should have given it back or drop him if they wanted to win ,its all damaged now .

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:07 AM »
John Terry is a f*cking C*unt of the highest order.

He is a self entitled prick who feel he must have everything and he try to play shop steward and show he is de facto captain to the nation.

Same reason he feels that:

he entitled to screw a team-mate ex and not suffer repercussions
he entitled to charge people money to tour Cobham
He entitled to a 10 year contract with club management guaranteed at the end of it
He entitled to park in handicapped spaces
He entitled to row with bouncers at nightclubs
he entitled to make fun of Americans on 9/11

HE gone in a press conference and start talking about "clearing the air" with Capello. He say that he meet with Rooney, Lamps, and Gerrard and had talks. All of them scurry to their agents to shoot him down and leave him as a revolution of one.

He is such an ass he gone up there talking about the France situation talking about "Nico is a great guy and if he has something to say you should listen". HE really feel people stupid enough to forget that Anelka is a cancer who does only talk when he have to complain about something. In addition Terry endorsing somebody character is like Exxon saying that BP is environmentally responsible. HE even went so far to make a joke and he that maybe he might get send home too after having his talks.

Too bad Capello light on defenders and everybody in the camp already fraid of getting drop because I woulda send him home just for that press conference.

As things stand now Capello definitely leaving if they don't qualify but I wonder if he would even bother to stay on if they make a respectable semi-final showing. Who would want to spend a next 2 years with that set of backstabbing, whinging assholes that is the current England side. Terry run Mourinho now he running Capello too.

I grow up supporting England right through and had real affection for them right up until they get drawn against TnT in 2006 but  would love to see Slovenia knock them out tomorrow.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 06:12:04 AM »

He is a self entitled prick who feel he must have everything and he try to play shop steward and show he is de facto captain to the nation.

He entitled to a 10 year contract with club management guaranteed at the end of it

HE gone in a press conference and start talking about "clearing the air" with Capello. He say that he meet with Rooney, Lamps, and Gerrard and had talks. All of them scurry to their agents to shoot him down and leave him as a revolution of one.

He is such an ass he gone up there talking about the France situation talking about "Nico is a great guy and if he has something to say you should listen". HE really feel people stupid enough to forget that Anelka is a cancer who does only talk when he have to complain about something. In addition Terry endorsing somebody character is like Exxon saying that BP is environmentally responsible. HE even went so far to make a joke and he that maybe he might get send home too after having his talks.

Too bad Capello light on defenders and everybody in the camp already fraid of getting drop because I woulda send him home just for that press conference.

As things stand now Capello definitely leaving if they don't qualify but I wonder if he would even bother to stay on if they make a respectable semi-final showing. Who would want to spend a next 2 years with that set of backstabbing, whinging assholes that is the current England side. Terry run Mourinho now he running Capello too.

I grow up supporting England right through and had real affection for them right up until they get drawn against TnT in 2006 but  would love to see Slovenia knock them out tomorrow.

Damn dred well said! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 06:58:43 AM »
Drop he arse...

Terry sorry for England criticism
England defender John Terry has apologised to manager Fabio Capello and his team-mates for publicly criticising the World Cup campaign in South Africa.

On Monday, Capello said that his former captain, 29, had made a "big mistake" in questioning training and tactics after Friday's 0-0 draw with Algeria.

England must now beat Slovenia on Wednesday to be certain of progressing.

"It was never my intention to upset the manager or players and if I did, I apologise," Terry told the Daily Mail.

"I went into the press conference with the intention of being honest. I was asked a question. Maybe I went too far.

"I have told the manager he has my total support and I would like to stress that I don't believe I have been a disruptive influence in the camp.

"I would now like to put this episode behind me and concentrate on trying to win what is a massive game for England.

"All I was trying to do was stress how it important it is to me to try and win the World Cup."

Terry had said on Sunday that the players were going to hold "clear the air" talks with Capello and that while there was no unrest in the camp and that all the players were fully behind their Italian manager, everyone needed to "get off their chests exactly how they're feeling" and if that upset the manager or any player, then so be it.

The Chelsea captain also said that midfielder Joe Cole, who is yet to play in the tournament, was one of only two players - the other being Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney - in the England squad capable of breaking down defences.

Capello said on Monday that Terry should have spoken privately and that his door was always open for the players.

Terry was the first player out on the training ground on Tuesday morning as England's players fully turned their attentions to the must-win game against Slovenia.

With Matthew Upson a confirmed starter in place of the injured Ledley King and suspended Jamie Carragher, Terry will have a third central defensive partner in as many games.

England will be eliminated from the World Cup if they are beaten but they could still qualify for the knockout stages with a high-scoring draw in their final Group C game.

However, they would need Algeria to draw with the United States and then goals scored and possibly even the drawing of lots would come into play.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8753058.stm

Published: 2010/06/22 07:38:37 GMT

© BBC MMX
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »
I tell all yuh this is the soap opera WC.

giggsy11

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 07:21:27 AM »
Terry practising to be a manager.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 07:24:20 AM »

My name is Bourbon...and i endorse this message!  :applause:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 07:25:20 AM »

Who is his mentor Roy Keane?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 07:29:39 AM »

Who is his mentor Roy Keane?

Keane eh go do someting like dis. He go cuss yuh up in front yuh face and tell yuh hol yuh condensed milk and den dive out.

Terry doh..have a history of undermining and conniving. De man counselling and consoling he brethring ex cuz they "make a nice couple..and he would love to see them reconcile" and give the gyal some sympathetic doses of Vitamin S shameless shameless playing best friend. De man force out Jose cuz he on a ego trip. And he doing it now trying to play superhero.

1]; } ?>